PDA

View Full Version : The Ultimate Fighter 12

Robstar
10-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Thought I'd open a discussion thread for this season's show.

What are your impressions of the fighters? The coaches? The episodes?

Robstar
10-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Sick of seeing that "just so so" post. I take it not a lot of MMA fans on here then?

Kashdinero
10-14-2010, 04:25 AM
First to reply! Wooo
This season is great so far Loving the cocky Bruce leeroy and that guy who kicks everyones ass in training while still drunk from the night before! As for the coaches I think they're perfect. Face v Heel at it's best, I can't wait for georges to shut Josh's mouth I'm also happy to see gsp face another wrestler, at least now it might (might!!!) be a more comptetive gsp fight .I'm sick of seeing a wrestler dryhump a striker for 3 (or 5) rounds, it's so frustrating.

Being from England I can't help but be a bit upset that Josh beat Paul Daley to earn the right to be coach. That loss to Josh really got under Pauls skin. Although it cost him his job, I was cheering him on when he sucker punched kos AFTER the bell (how's that for being a heel!!!). Josh must have talked some serious smack to him while he was mat fucking him out of the ufc....
Will georges be able to remain calm when Josh is talking sweet B.S in his seemingly innocent ear???? Of course he will!!!! He's G.S.P for F**k sake! For me the only real drawback of the show is I don't think kos is in the champs league. Then again who is?
I hope I'm pleasantly suprised though. Nothing better than a back and forth fight (must be the wrestling fan in me).

Robstar
10-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Seriously? Daley screwed himself by doing that. Lol, I take it you don't like Koscheck then? ;)

I missed ep 3, which I'm totally dirty on because I wanted to see that Bruce Leeroy incident in the house. I'm surprised there hasn't been more fights in all the series'.

I think Josh vs GSP will be pretty close, but you can't go past GSP if he's in form. When was his last fight though?

Kashdinero
10-15-2010, 01:08 AM
No doubt about it Daley got himself a one way ticket out of the ufc and into mma obscurity! But I do think that he was goaded into it. Obviously daley as a pro should of held off from sucker punching kos. My problem with kos isnt his mouth it's his tactics in the cage. In his fight with Daley he seemingly took an illegal knee to the face and lay in the mat holding his face. But after the replay from a different angle it was clear that there was a graze at best that wouldn't have hurt a ten year old. Even referee dan murgliato told him to get up. It was a blatant and pathetic way to catch a breather.... He pulled the same shit against Jon jones in his match before that (honestly!!). I'm hoping georges will beat the tar out of him but it could be closer than most people think (me included).....

Georges last fight was against another Brit dan hardy (who I'm going to see live tomorrow at ufc 120!!) IMO gsp was no match for hardy standing but superior wrestling saved the day for him and won every round. It's also worth noting that try as he might he just couldn't finish dan, at one point I thought he was going to break his arm but hardy somehow survived. I later learned that although hardys toughness was a factor it was gsp not applying the hold correctly that allowed hardy to escape (nobodys perfect).

P.s I can't believe no one else on this forum cares enough about this season to comment!

Kashdinero
10-15-2010, 01:18 AM
Also the leeroy "incident" passed without incident lol. Handbags at ten paces would be more accurate!!

Robstar
10-15-2010, 01:45 PM
Someone gets smacked by the pool at some stage, though it's not Leeroy. Also Kos gets into it with one of Tyson's guys, was that in ep 3? I think they get pulled apart but I saw it on the series opener promo.

I wonder if GSP hasn't passed his prime? Like BJ is looking lately. Mind you, they'd still kick my ass!lol Time can only tell.

Are you a fan of Bisping? I quite like the man, although the americans don't! I think he'll win but you never know in MMA. Be interesting to see how Hardy comes back after a loss.
Yeah you'd think there'd be more MMA fans here huh?

Kashdinero
10-15-2010, 04:20 PM
Didn't know that it was one of tysons guys that kos grabbed by the throat (not to sure who it is) That clip looked intense. If it was then it didn't happen in episode 3. The fight in ep 3 was awesome, great for the first and second but in the 3rd gsps number one pick must of channeled the spirit of a 1989 Tyson cos he came out and pasted the British guy (boo). I can only usually remember these guys names until after about 6 or 7 episodes.

I love bisping. Since his catastrophic knock out at the hands of Henderson at ufc 100, he's been looking quite good. He had a great fight with wanderlei and has destroyed dan miller and Dennis kang. He should do well against akiyama but anyone who saw his fight with leben knows akiyama is one tough cookie. Can't tell you how excited I am to see all my favourite Brits tomorrow at the O2 arena. When bisping comes out the place will go ballistic!!!! I know he's hated in the u.s but here bisping is a fuckin rockstar who could sell out arenas fighting nobodies. To tell the truth the name ufc could probably do a good job of filling wembely stadium which holds around 80,000!

Back to this thread

I plan on commenting all the way up to the finales of this season!! Let's see if we can get more people on by then!

Robstar
10-15-2010, 06:25 PM
Leben has become a much better fighter too since then. I lot of fighters are arrogant and a bit ego driven but I think it's integral. You have to have that sort of confidence.

Maybe it wasn't one of Tyson's guys? Not sure, could be another fighter. Tyson was in ep3 again wasn't he?

Kashdinero
10-15-2010, 10:21 PM
He was and he was talking about confidence funny enough. Something along the lines of confidence breeds success and success breeds confidence (so true). Leben looked awesome against akiyama. Those two fights in about a month really raised his standing in the ufc.

Robstar
10-15-2010, 10:44 PM
Holy shit yeah. Leben was just unstoppable in his last fights. Watching repeats of the first season he was so different.

You know what I love about Georges is he takes Josh's ribbing so well. He just smiles and you just know he's saving it all for the fight. The car thing was a perfect example - I almost think he enjoyed the joke.

Kashdinero
10-16-2010, 01:07 AM
Gsp is too kool for skool!!! The best thing about him is he may be the best pound for pound wrestler they have and he didn't even wrestle at highschool (or secondary school as we pommies call it lol).

I remember Leben v bisping (which was in England) and bisping totally out boxed him for three rounds. The worst thing about it for Leben is he was suspended for being on the juice!!! But since his return he has just got better and better. Wouldn't mind seeing him face chael sonnen (when he comes back from his juice induced suspension) or a rematch with bisping (regardless of the outcome tomorrow).

What episode are you up to on tuf? As I download the day after and don't want to spoil anything for you in this thread. I'm on episode 5.

Robstar
10-16-2010, 11:08 PM
Well you must be happy after tonight! Except for Hardy, I hear it was an epic fail. McSweeney's cardio let him down too I hear. The crowd size made the UFC top 10.

Episode 4 is on tonight here but I'll probably watch it tomorrow morning. Ha, didn't know that about Leben juicing, I'm a recent MMA convert so I'm playing catch up.
Can't wait for Brock next week. What's your opinion of him?

Kashdinero
10-17-2010, 02:41 AM
Glad you was converted! There's definitely room for mma and wrestling as apart from what happens in the cage/ring they're virtually identical! (IMO). I've been an fan since I saw ufc 2 on VHS back in the mid 90's!

Hardy was a disappointment to himself. The punch that put him down was like a (super massive) black hole, You could feel the dunkirk spirit being sucked out of the arena! Oh well, he'll be back (I hope lol).

Im not a McSweeney fan but, yeah his cardio wasn't the best, I don't think it was his fault though as he took a few body shots that had him almost crying in pain and possibly broke a rib (and probably had rashad wondering why he bothered to make the long trip!!!)

Bisping easily won on on points but there was NO WAY he was going to knock out akiyama, that man is sooo tough.

Great night, if a bit pricey (£121 for the ticket, £12.50 for a burger and beer). The ufc must have made a killing if the crowd size made the top 10!

Funny side note. As I work nights I had minimum sleep before I left and fell asleep during hathaway v Pyle, which was another let down for us Brits. Hathaway looked nothing like the man who just recently destroyed Diego Sanchez

As for Brock.... I love him! One of my favourite wrestlers and now one of my favourite fighters! Although he had a favourable ref for his fight against carwin, he more than proved his super toughness. Definitly proving the naysayers WRONG .He reminds me of a Viking. He definitely has his work cut out with Cain, who's striking is so deadly he knocked out noguiera in the first round. Brocks size should help save the day for him but stranger things have happened. After all this is the most unpredictable sport on the planet!

Robstar
10-17-2010, 03:09 AM
Brock's awesome. It was a tough call against Carwin, I kept waiting for the stoppage but it never came. But when it's all said and done, I listen to whatever Dana's opinion of whatever calls are made. He's a total straight shooter Dana White I reckon. But it'll be a interesting match with Velasquez without doubt. I want to see Brock destroy Mir again. lol

Watching Diego in that fight was like watching the last BJ fight. I was like, what the fuck? Where's the fire? Props to Hathaway in that fight.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Good seats? UFC is like a license to print money atm.

Kashdinero
10-17-2010, 05:35 AM
Seats were worth the money! Hardly had to look at the big screens (there were six!) had a great view of the hardy knock out, it looked like he took a proper back bump!

B.J penn really hasn't been too hot recently. Frankie Edgar owned him like shogun owned the dragon. Looking forward to his next fight though. We will see if he's lost it or if frankie just had his number.
Speaking of the dragon his next fight with rampage should be really good. I won't be making any predictions on that one, but if Jackson looses it'll be interesting what he'll do next.
Also watch out for Jake shields next week, he dominated Henderson in his last contracted strikeforce fight. He could be a strong middleweight contender.

Robstar
10-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Yeah I'm hearing good things about Shields. Rampage won't be going to Hollywood if that's what you mean. He stated that he was turned off by how pampered everyone was, it wasn't tough enough for him. I'm sure he blames his loss to Rashad on the movie and the break. I'm looking forward to the Evans/Rampage rematch. Did you say Rashad was cornering McSweeney? I like Rashad over Rampage but think Rampage could easily knock him out still. He's a tough s.o.b!

Also looking forward to Ortiz vs Hamill - I think it's Hamill's to win. Tito is lucky to still have a UFC contract

Kashdinero
10-17-2010, 04:24 PM
Rashad was in mcsweeneys corner. As for a rampage and Hollywood full term marriage? I don't think it would happen either, I read that interview too. But as soon as it's time for the a-team sequel he'll be off again. Remember that he quit ufc for Hollywood before.
Rampage is by far one of my favourite fighters but I'm worried for him against machida. I would love to see a rematch with Evans though.

Here's something to think about. If Tito never pussy'd out of his fight with chuck, would chuck still be fighting? Because he would of put a serious hurting on Ortiz! I'm praying for matt (who needs a win) to send Tito out of the ufc.
Speaking of chuck. I'm glad he's out of the game, he suffered way too many defeats to be taken seriously again. But if you saw his fight with titos replacement Rich franklin (the jim Carey of mma), there's no denying he still has the skills. Shame about that glass jaw though.

Have you ever seen ufc all access? It's a great way to get to know the fighters! Every
Episode that I've seen has been really good. Plus the chick that hosts the show is sooooo fit!!!

Robstar
10-17-2010, 06:04 PM
No haven't seen that show. I find the game is good and also they replay the top 100 UFC fights a lot as well as ultimate knockouts so it kinda showcases the best - so I know who Rich Franklin is! ;)

Yeah Chuck was on his way out anyway. When he got beaten it was usually badly.
Rampage did something before the A Team?

Kashdinero
10-17-2010, 10:07 PM
No, I meant he said he quit while he was doing the a-team movie. He probably only said it because Dana was badmouthing him for doing the movie instead of fighting rashad.
I think it will be interesting if he loses to machida because he's such a loose cannon (see the aftermath of his loss to forest griffin!)

Robstar
10-17-2010, 11:27 PM
Just watched Ep 4. Leeroy is just getting annoying now. The bleach thing was less a prank and more stupid vandalism. Its sad when the only fun you can have is at anothers expense.
On that topic, Kos & team were SO ungracious in victory. Man GSP has a will of iron. I think I'll be pulling for GSP when it comes around!
On the fight, that Spencer dude was so in control to begin with and I was thinking, yeah he's got this. But good old MMA, you just never know. Once the other guy got control it was all over for old mate! But the asian guy, Phan or whatever, he couldn't pull the pin. For a standup guy, he didn't seem to have many ko options.

Kashdinero
10-18-2010, 04:35 AM
I think the episode you just watched was number 5. I just rewatched episodes 4 & 5. Episode 4 had the leery incident. Ep 4 also had a few great heel like quotes from kos after he tried unsuccessfully to get a rise out "rush" by wearing those TIGHT shorts gsp loves to wear.
"I don't mind loosing, but not to a nerd" & later when he was a bit more wound up when talking to his team, "I don't like loosing, especially to a French guy"!!!

In episode 5 they had that french guy come in and train with them, it's amazing that he can live like does and still kick arse in the cage.
On a side note, the last time I watched episode five it was kinda just on in the background and I mistakenly took him for a member of georges team?!!
Kos was on form again, "kiss me now and I'll leave mma. French kiss me, you know you love yellow"!

I thought Spencer was a lock but his kicks just weren't doing it for him, how many times did he fall over?! Phan surprised me he took control of the fight nicely capitalising on spencers mistakes. But your right phan had a few chances to put him away but either didn't want to or couldn't. Unless he surprises me again I really can't see him winning this thing. Nice episode though. This seasons shaping up nicely. Very comparable to the previous seasons that I've seen. my first proper season was penn v pulver. I became a massive Penn fan after that.

Kos had to act like an arsehole in victory, he couldnt help himself. I believe he has the mentality of an 18 year old, his training methods are very highschool wrestling coach. Very aggressive. All that cardio must kill!!!

Robstar
10-18-2010, 04:52 PM
Yeah was ep 5 then. Lol, "kiss me and I'll leave mma" that was pretty funny though. Couldn't believe that french guy! All fucked up and will still fuck you up! I don't generally think much of the french, lol, but that guy was classic. I really wanted him to lash out at kos for mouthing off, but you know they'll just get pulled apart.
I'm starting to wonder if it's not one of Georges team members that kos has a go at.

Kashdinero
10-19-2010, 12:53 AM
It was a black guy wasn't it? The thing was I didn't recognise him initially. But to tell you the truth I would of had a hard time recognising any of the fighters.

Jean (I think that's his name) would have put a hurting on kos! "have you been to rehab today!!" loooool!!!!

Robstar
10-21-2010, 04:56 PM
2 fight episode next! Should be good, you have probably already seen it though?

Tha Crows Nest
10-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Well I guess this is just a 2 person topic lol. Man What about that Gulloutine choke that man is sick. lol im not sure how he would do against more trained MMA fighters but after seeing him put 2 people to sleep back to back and one being the top pick I have to say he is one of my favorites to win this thing right now.

Robstar
10-21-2010, 06:53 PM
Well I guess this is just a 2 person topic lol. Man What about that Gulloutine choke that man is sick. lol im not sure how he would do against more trained MMA fighters but after seeing him put 2 people to sleep back to back and one being the top pick I have to say he is one of my favorites to win this thing right now.

Dude! You totally are feeding me spoilers. I don't get it until Sunday/Monday, which is actually Saturday for you. ;) It's ok I think I'll manage. Welcome to the topic!

Tha Crows Nest
10-22-2010, 12:15 AM
My Fault bro lol I didnt realize that. Well let me know when u see it and let me know what you think. It was pretty amazing.

Kashdinero
10-22-2010, 01:04 AM
2 fight episode next! Should be good, you have probably already seen it though?

On my way home after a hard nights work, will watch within 10 mins of getting in! Don't worry no spoilers!

Kashdinero
10-22-2010, 01:06 AM
Welcome to one of the longer two man threads! Guess its a three way dance now!

Tha Crows Nest
10-22-2010, 02:18 PM
lol thanks! So when do you guys get to see each episode I see each of them on Wednesday night. Just trying to make sure I dont spoil for anyone.

Kashdinero
10-22-2010, 04:11 PM
lol thanks! So when do you guys get to see each episode I see each of them on Wednesday night. Just trying to make sure I dont spoil for anyone.

Thursday or Friday morning U.K time depending on download speed! Otherwise I'd have to wait untill the Tuesday before you get to see the next episode. Yes this show airs almost a full week after its been broadcast in the states!

Robstar
10-23-2010, 07:10 PM
I get episode 6 tomorrow morning I think? I'll have to check, it's that 2 fight ep that you spoiled for me I think Crows Nest, lol ;)

Warmachine
10-23-2010, 07:44 PM
I c its been like a 3 way convo but Mind if i reply... i say after watching that 2 ep where both GSP's guys won and both by amazing submissions the first being more hillarious with koscheck's reaction, it seems as if this season is gonna be one of the best, the ortiz liddell one as meh, nogueria vs mir was ight, its good that they start showing some lower weight classes rather than in Dana's joking words "the lethargic heavyweights"

Robstar
10-24-2010, 11:29 PM
Welcome to the topic Warmachine! Yeah just caught the ep this morning. Two really heavy chokeouts eh? Kos was funny as hell, he was just in shock! They kept takling about that Cody guy's guillotine but I'm wondering what else he's got? I hope Sevak gets another shot at it.

I think it is Johnson and Koscheck that get into a fight in a later ep

Kashdinero
10-25-2010, 04:17 AM
It's not Johnson, it's a kinda fat guy that's wearing a team gsp t-shirt (i just quickly watched it).

Also I saw the poolside punch again. OUCH!! Wish I hadn't, as I know who gets punched now.

Koschecks face was priceless! Two losses!

Any favourites yet?? Mine have to be Cody, Johnson and Aaron. Honourary mention goes to Sevak for flipping out on the already irritating Alex.

Robstar
10-25-2010, 04:48 PM
Do they get kicked out for fighting in the house I wonder? Who got smacked? Is that in ep 7?

Like I said, I am suspect to what else Cody might have up his sleeve. I might be wrong but wasn't Johnson losing his last fight before catching the choke? Of course he was GSP's #1 pick so there is something there without doubt.

Kashdinero
10-26-2010, 12:54 AM
I'm pretty sure it's Spencer who gets an awesome smack to the chops! I don't think it's gonna be the next episode. Episode 7 is the wild card fight.

I'm a bit sceptical about the rest of cody's game too! But the way he stands up to kos has earned him major brownie points! Plus that guillotine was FOOKING amazing!

Aaron definitely had Johnson in trouble, but that last round he came out like a man possessed. If he can channel that agression from the first bell he could be a real contender.

Any ideas on who the two wild cards could be? Surely Aaron has to be one of them.

Robstar
10-26-2010, 09:13 PM
I'd say Sevak for the other wildcard. I think you are right about Spencer

Kashdinero
10-27-2010, 01:30 AM
It could be Sevak! Team kos v team kos! I suppose it has to be that way as there was only one loser on team gsp so far. It must be the last first round fight and the wild card this week.

As for the pool punch. If we're right all I can say is poor Spencer! Wonder if he regrets entering the house now?

Robstar
10-30-2010, 02:33 PM
Hey feel free to discuss episodes, don't wait for me to see them, I'll play catch up

Kashdinero
10-30-2010, 02:53 PM
Hey feel free to discuss episodes, don't wait for me to see them, I'll play catch up

I'll be watching in the morning Rob. Then let the discussions begin!

Robstar
10-30-2010, 03:34 PM
I get mine in 24hrs - morning for me

Kashdinero
10-31-2010, 03:33 PM
Nice episode this week.... Is there a bigger dick head than Kos? The way he was trying to wind that guy up was bullying at it's worst.... His new name should be Josh "the male nurse headhunter" Koscheck!! Can't wait for next weeks confrontation. Let's hope it's worth the wait and theres a surprise in there somewhere.

As for the last first round fight between sako and zane? A bit one sided but zane showed a lot of heart. Danas comment about gsp throwing zane to the wolves was on the money, sako is gonna take some beating.

Glad Aaron got the wildcard spot , not to sure about the other guy (his name escapes me right now). It should be a good fight as these two know this is their last chance!

Robstar
11-01-2010, 04:24 PM
Good old cable tv had the episode listed but fricken surfing on instead! Don't think I'm gonna see this one :(

Kashdinero
11-01-2010, 05:08 PM
That's not good dude! You should go to stagevu where you can probaly watch a stream if you have a divX player (which you can download from the site, it's quite safe)

Robstar
11-04-2010, 03:24 PM
Hey check this out, too funny;

http://www.cracked.com/blog/a-book-insults-just-ufc/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=fanpage&utm_campaign=blog+seanbaby110410

They give it to Kos

Kashdinero
11-05-2010, 03:54 AM
Wow that was awesome! Loved every insult. The lay and pray jokes were bang on the money! Also loved the comic of the confrontation with the male nurse.

Do you remember the "pep talk" he gave to one of his team, saying things like "I sure wouldn't wanna wake up tomorrow having to look that guy in the eye if you lose". If that's the way he was taught it's no wonder he's a dickhead! It was at that point I think I Lost all respect for him. Funny at times but mostly a bully who's gonna get his fucking head kicked in by GSP at UFC 124!

Robstar
11-05-2010, 04:39 PM
Yeah, I am so going for GSP to lay him out. Wipe that smug look off his face

ISLEEPINTHETUB
11-06-2010, 09:27 PM
Hello tub-a-holics, please allow me to offer you a tubful of knowledge.

GSP isn't A. Silva suckaaaa!

U need a bath??!!

Kashdinero
11-07-2010, 02:04 AM
Weird. I'm actually in the bath. With Mary. Too much info but I thought I'd share that anyway.

Cant disagree with you. Would love to see that fight.

Robstar
11-07-2010, 04:36 PM
Just watched this weeks episode with the male nurse confrontation. Kos is such a fucking tool. You can tell how full of himself he is, insisting that GSP hired the guy to get under his skin. A perfect example of being able to dish it out but not take it.

I felt pretty bad for Dane Sayers; I thought he deserved the wild card fight. Wilkinson was unconvincing in the fight, but I can't believe that guy got caught in a guillotine again! Did you notice how GSP instructed his team to stay quiet during the fight? I was surprised the other team didn't get vocal but they stayed quiet - all except poor Phan who Dana just sunk the boot into. The worst corner man ever? That's a bit harsh. He was just trying to encourage him, I think, even if it was mostly bluff - but you hear that all the time; tell them they're winning, keep 'em going, y'know?

Can't wait for the Johnson/Leeroy fight.

Kashdinero
11-07-2010, 05:25 PM
That male nurse would have done kos big time!! Lol

How could that guy choke AGAIN! Go aaron, knew hed win.

How was phan. "your winning this round"... On a side note I read that phan has a lot of experience, competing for WEC and Strikeforce among others.

Also Kos thought he was smart by coaxing info out of Georges, but he never really got much out of him did he... Johnsons good on the ground? Really? I would never have guessed!

Johnson v leeroy is interesting to say the least. Johnson should dominate on the ground but leeroy could catch him in a sub quite quickly. Hard one to predict but I'm going with the underdog leeroy (ooh risky)

Robstar
11-07-2010, 05:33 PM
I just think Georges is pretty confident in his guys and if Kos hadn't worked that stuff out already, he's being a negligent coach. Or GSP is trying to play him.
I'll go for Johnson then, but mostly because I don't like Leeroy much and want to see how he handles losing

Kashdinero
11-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Would love to see how he takes losing. He is a prick after all! Another mouth that needs to be shut..

Leeroy (if he doesn't win) v Sevak at the live finals?

Robstar
11-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Would love to see how he takes losing. He is a prick after all! Another mouth that needs to be shut..

Leeroy (if he doesn't win) v Sevak at the live finals?

Oh yeah, I'd pay to see that

Kashdinero
11-08-2010, 02:40 AM
Should happen if leeroy doesn't get to the finals! Their queueing up to face him though. Sevak may have to fight for the right to face him!

Robstar
11-12-2010, 02:34 PM
Hey can you give me a rundown of this weeks ep, as I'm gonna miss it?

Kashdinero
11-12-2010, 05:39 PM
Try this. If you cant watch it let me know and I'll run it down for you matey.

http://stagevu.com/video/fmoxzagashkq

ramjam
11-14-2010, 10:41 PM
Try this. If you cant watch it let me know and I'll run it down for you matey.

http://stagevu.com/video/fmoxzagashkq

does that mean play by play?

Kashdinero
11-16-2010, 01:32 AM
Hey Rob I don't know if you watched last weeks episode but it went down something like this.

There were two quarter finale fights.

The first was Jonothan brookins v sako (whatshisname). Jonothan dominated him on the floor before finishing him via rear naked choke. Sako's striking didn't help him out at all! Kos was gutted as he'd spent pointless hours coaching sako to not give up his back lol. At this rate brookins ground game could win him the whole competiton....

The second fight was Cody Mckenzie v Nam Phan. In the build up Cody was super confident but recognised the fact that Nam has a lot more experience. Still with his sick guillotine who could blame him for his confidence. The fight never went his way though, Nam looked a lot better on his feet this time around and crushed a very gassed cody with a devastating body blow in the second. Needless to say kos acted like a complete dickhead in victory. He was over the moon that his "rival" Cody was defeated.

They mostly focused on the fights so there were no shenanigans to speak of (still waiting for THAT pool punch).

Next week leeroy v Johnson..... Can't wait!

Lance Storm
11-18-2010, 06:25 PM
I never was a fan of GSP, but after watching this season and seeing how much of a dick Koscheck is. I appreciate GSP so much more and I hope he kicks Kos's ass!

Robstar
11-18-2010, 06:43 PM
Yeah of course Kos was a dick about it. The guy has absolutely no class. I'm surprised he comes from the same gym Cain Velasquez does!

Kashdinero
11-19-2010, 01:56 AM
Yeah of course Kos was a dick about it. The guy has absolutely no class. I'm surprised he comes from the same gym Cain Velasquez does!

I bet he's like a little pussy cat when Cain's in the gym.

Rich Cranium
11-19-2010, 12:07 PM
I bet he's like a little pussy cat when Cain's in the gym.

lol...like the bully that suddenly turns into a mouse when someone bigger enters the picture

Kashdinero
11-19-2010, 04:38 PM
He might change his attitude after he's been completely OWNED by georges.... Might!

Robstar
11-21-2010, 04:20 PM
Just watched the new ep. Seen it yet?

Kashdinero
11-21-2010, 04:26 PM
I ain't watched it yet but it was spoiled for me last night watching MMA live on ESPN! Gonna watch it in an hour. What did you think. You were right in picking Johnson!

Robstar
11-21-2010, 06:25 PM
Yeah but he didn't really impress. Leeroy will be a superior fighter with the right training. Johnson manned up with props to Alex after and Alex was surprisingly good in defeat.

Kos is such a dick! Truthfully, I do laugh at/with him a lot and kinda do like him here and there but I wish he'd drop the ego! He was talking about how the fight was shit but Georges loved it.
Hey I think maybe it's Kos that samcks one of his own team by the pool! One guy, not sure of his name, from his own team, is pulling the piss out of Kos's coaching style when Kos walks in on them! Can't wait to see that.

My favourite to win now is Brookins, even though I haven't yet seen him fight. What was he like when he did fight? Georges is right into him so that's a good endorsement!

Kashdinero
11-21-2010, 08:50 PM
Brookins ground game is a level above awesome! He's so smooth, like an anaconda. Not saying he's the best in the world or anything but he's the best in the house IMHO. Then again his next fight is gonna be tough for him. Kyles a tough SOB.

I dont know what Kos was going on about, Alex and michael left it out there. Both showed the respect they deserved.
We could get Alex v Sevak now at the live finals! Should it happen I'll be cheering for Bruce Leeroy LOL

My fellow Englishman was distaught at his (2nd) loss. He was never gonna win though, he should be happy for the exposure. Kos was pi$$ed lol
another of his team choked out! could it be an Omen?

As for Kos himself, I too get a giggle out of some of the shit he pull's but always takes it to far. I'll say one thing about him, he sure knows how to sell himself. I'm predicting a huge buyrate for UFC 124. people will pay to see this prick get beat up and Dana knows it, I bet Dana even encourages him lol

Robstar
11-30-2010, 01:39 PM
Missed this week! What happened?

Kashdinero
11-30-2010, 04:31 PM
There was no episode this week ; (

It's the live finale this Saturday and a two hour special tomorrow night.

Kashdinero
12-04-2010, 04:50 PM
Semi finales and then the live finale!!

Where you at Rob?

Robstar
12-04-2010, 06:35 PM
Watching the marathon of season 12! Then final. Go Brookins

Kashdinero
12-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Brookins is the definition of Beast. Did you see Mark ripping the shit out of Kos... Then got caught!!! The worst thing is Kos came out looking worse than he already did.... Kos is the definition of dickhead.

Still waiting for the pool punch.

Robstar
12-05-2010, 12:16 AM
No I missed that ep again, my daughter is very distracting!

Johnson looked the goods early on but Brookins came through, although he needs to do some work. I missed that fight Rogan was complaining about, the judges decision one, prior to the Story/Hendricks fight. Was that the Nam Phan fight?

Kashdinero
12-05-2010, 09:19 AM
Yeah that was Nam Phan who was another victim of dodgy judging. It was against Leonard Garcia in the new 145 weight class. Garcia was gassing bad by the 2nd but Nam couldnt finish him. They could have scored it 30-27 for Phan and I wouldn't have bat an eyelid. Oh well. He came out looking better for it. Espescially after being caught knocking one in out in the shower by his team mates.

Bit disappointed there wasn't more of this seasons competitors on the undercard like in past TUF live finales ; (

Johnson needs a bit more refinement (regarding his wild punches) and he'll be a player at 155. Brookins has definitely got to focus on his stance and striking but he went in to full on beast mode in rounds two and three! The right guy won and I couldn't be happier!!!

Top marks for this season it's been a lot of fun. Can't wait for the 11th of dec for Kos and Georges.

One complaint. NO FN POOL PUNCH!!!!

Robstar
12-05-2010, 01:45 PM
I know, it was such a tease to see it on the preview.

Hell though Brookins can take a punch! But too many fighters lose that way, no matter how skilled one blow can knock you the fuck out!
I saw that ep about Phan, too funny. Would have liked to have seen Leeroy fight again.

Bonnar is looking like a beast these days

Kashdinero
12-05-2010, 04:05 PM
Being able to take a punch is a must but he really needs to keep that chin tucked in a bit more.

Bonnar has been looking scary good as of late. I've always thought of him as a poor mans Forrest Griffen but he showed a lot of skill again. I love how his matches are always so unpredictable!

Speaking of Forest, do you know when his next fight is?

Robstar
12-05-2010, 04:50 PM
Apparantly he's due to face Rich Franklin at 126. Looks like Penn is coming down under for 127 as well as Bisping which should be great.

Can't wait for this Sunday (thats when GSP/Kos is on here) I'm tipping GSP but Kos could surprise. Anything can happen in mma hey?

On Phan, I think Rogan was suggesting the decision should have gone against him? Did you hear him during the following fight saying the judges could give the decision to a mouse in the corner or a guy selling beer? Lol, then he ranted about the nevada athletic commission and the choice of judges. Interesting what you learn

Robstar
12-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Another thing - did everyone from this season go and get their surname tattooed across their back? Lol, it looked like both Brookins and Johnson had had it done and I don't recall seeing them before

Lowki
12-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Nah Phan was screwed. Garcia got beat up in the second and third rounds. Phan got opened up on the cut he only sustained last week. Garcia was quick to say that he wants a rematch because even he thought Phan won. Rogan was taking the piss by basically saying Pham had it won easy for the judges to give it the other way so basically "the beer guy" could have won in the next fight.
They really need to sort it out... The decision was worse than rampages win, which probably should have gone to machida. =/

Kashdinero
12-06-2010, 01:27 AM
Another thing - did everyone from this season go and get their surname tattooed across their back? Lol, it looked like both Brookins and Johnson had had it done and I don't recall seeing them before

I never noticed that! I hope they never because that would be pretty sad lol.

Regarding the dodgy decision. I wonder what the judges were thinking as the whole arena was calling bullshit! Probably felt even worse after hearing a seething Rogan rip the shit out of their decision. He held back nothing when it came to the Nevada state athletic commission. Brilliant.

@lowki. Well said my man! Well said indeed!

Robstar
12-10-2010, 05:52 PM
Hey I was watching replays of the first 2 eps and the pool smacking is Lentz planting one on Spencer Paige(think thats his name.) Spencer looks like he goes down too. Lentz was probably hanging out for a ciggie and sore because he was a loser lol

Robstar
12-10-2010, 05:53 PM
It was just the preview again not sure if it ever features in an ep

Kashdinero
12-10-2010, 06:12 PM
I don't think it did. Maybe there saving it for the DVD extra's.

This thread is nearly coming to an end. I don't even need to ask if you'll be watching the coaches go at it! it's gonna be great seeing them let out their frustrations!!

As far as big names it seems to be a bit of a one fight card but I don't watch ufc for the big names and I'm sure Stevan Struve will put on a spirited performance!

Robstar
12-10-2010, 06:15 PM
Yeah, it's all but over this thread. Which reminds me I have to put in my UFC fantasy picks for the card, then I'll be front row centre for the big one for sure!

Kashdinero
12-10-2010, 06:28 PM
Yeah, it's all but over this thread. Which reminds me I have to put in my UFC fantasy picks for the card, then I'll be front row centre for the big one for sure!

Fantasy picks?

Robstar
12-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Here's a link, check it out

http://fantasy.ufc.com/index.cfm?msg=LoggedOff

Kashdinero
12-11-2010, 01:44 AM
Here's a link, check it out

http://fantasy.ufc.com/index.cfm?msg=LoggedOff

Checked it out. I'm useless at picking winners so it's probably not for me!!

I'll still have a bet lol!!

Robstar
12-11-2010, 02:15 AM
Mate it's just a stab in the dark for me too but a bit of fun

Kashdinero
12-11-2010, 03:27 AM
Mate it's just a stab in the dark for me too but a bit of fun

It does look like fun so I might give it a go later but I kind of get put off from signing up to websites when they ask for address' and stuff like that... I'm a bit silly like that lol

On a different note.

This thread is ten pages long!!! Not bad considering 95% has just been the two of us lol (shout out to those that did pop in for a cup of coffee). Even better considering it was neglected for a while early in the season!