PDA

View Full Version : The miz goes off. Great promo.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-11-2011, 05:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiY8q9LmZ_Y

I saw this promo on WWE.com and it made me smile. I'm sorry, but I never understood why people say this guy is overrated or why they think he sucks. His in-ring ability is improving every single week and his promo skills are off the charts! In fact, I'll go as far to say that he is even better AFTER he lost the belt.

Anyways, I guess the reason I liked this promo is because it echoed my exact feelings about the Summerslam Card right now. Four matches for one of your BIGGEST PPVs? Really? Wow. So when I saw Miz go off in this promo about it, it just made me smile and just made me like him even more.

Your thoughts?

TheBeardOfZeus
08-11-2011, 05:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiY8q9LmZ_Y

I saw this promo on WWE.com and it made me smile. I'm sorry, but I never understood why people say this guy is overrated or why they think he sucks. His in-ring ability is improving every single week and his promo skills are off the charts! In fact, I'll go as far to say that he is even better AFTER he lost the belt.

Anyways, I guess the reason I liked this promo is because it echoed my exact feelings about the Summerslam Card right now. Four matches for one of your BIGGEST PPVs? Really? Wow. So when I saw Miz go off in this promo about it, it just made me smile and just made me like him even more.

Your thoughts?

My thoughts?

I CAME TO PLAY!

S.E. Zero
08-11-2011, 05:57 PM
My thoughts?

I CAME TO PLAY!

What he said was AWEESSOOOMMMMEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Moose
08-11-2011, 06:01 PM
Does anyone think Miz gets involved in Punk v. Cena?

Grind_Bastard
08-11-2011, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I can't believe they have announced only 4 matches.

And Miz cut an excellent promo, short and straight to the bone.

K2Jelly
08-11-2011, 06:05 PM
I loved the little huff he does at the end. XD

ihearvoices
08-11-2011, 06:07 PM
Does anyone think Miz gets involved in Punk v. Cena?

I hope so, So it could set up hopefully a cm Punk vs Miz feud both guys promos would be off the charts

Danny92
08-11-2011, 06:09 PM
miz vs kofi number one contender match anyone ?

LMPunker
08-11-2011, 06:11 PM
i see him attacking mysterio after coming short in his title match and writing him off tv it wouldnt shock me to see a confronation before the main event with triple h in terms of kayfabe if triple h is coo and in charge and the ref he wont take miz interfering and would pedigree his ass or punk and cena would take himout unless there is some sort of twist i have just thought of

Tomsta666
08-11-2011, 06:12 PM
Miz does cut a good promo, absolutely brilliant heel. Hopefully he will get a match.

Rilla
08-11-2011, 06:14 PM
I wouldn't mind seeing it.

Also, that's the thing about Miz, if he is forgotten about, ignored, put on the back burner, he will cut a AWESOOMMME promo.

shanethewolf
08-11-2011, 06:18 PM
Although he's a good speaker his promo style is inconsistent with his character. He speaks like he's a badass, and yet he looks like the average guy on the street. A promo like this would suit someone like HHH, Orton or R-Truth because they look like badasses and it would sound threatening, but The Miz, in my opinion, should stick to being more of a sneaky and cocky heel, a guy who takes short cuts, cheats to win and then rubs it in the face of his opponent.

I've always felt that The Miz makes a great midcarder and would be a great guy to bring some prestige back to the Intercontinental title, but I don't buy him as world champion or the face of WWE.

Grind_Bastard
08-11-2011, 06:22 PM
Hopefully he will get a match.

He has to get a match :D

Dude573
08-11-2011, 06:27 PM
Great promo, I've always been a fan of The Miz, he is an amazing heel.

But if anyone should have done a heel promo like this, it should be Drew McIntyre, a vicious come back for him would work I think.

ihearvoices
08-11-2011, 06:30 PM
miz vs kofi number one contender match anyone ?

I would love for this match to happen at sumerslam the only issue is i dont that will be the case just because it seems like kofi is being use as a filler for ADR until ADR gets his title match.

Daffy Duck's Finest
08-11-2011, 06:32 PM
They will probably give him an open challenge halfway through SS, and be answered by Kingston or Bourne. It'll be a huge anti-climax, and Miz will be victorious, leading to a huge rant the following night on Raw.

Y2J___Y2J
08-11-2011, 07:17 PM
The guys gets some major heat when he's cutting a promo,
His in-ring isn't the greatest but is improving and will continue to,
He already awesome but the future could hold something big.!

KingOrton
08-11-2011, 07:25 PM
It makes me so mad when I see people say "There is only 4 matches! Whaaaa!! IMO that means its gonna be better. TNA had 9 on Hardcore justice and how did that turn out? Rushed and Sloppy. (Thats what she said) If we have 4 im gonna say 5 as i feel there will be one more you could have 3: 25min matches, 1: 40min match and a divas match. And that sounds a hell of alot better then 9: 15min match.

ihearvoices
08-11-2011, 07:32 PM
It makes me so mad when I see people say "There is only 4 matches! Whaaaa!! IMO that means its gonna be better. TNA had 9 on Hardcore justice and how did that turn out? Rushed and Sloppy. (Thats what she said) If we have 4 im gonna say 5 as i feel there will be one more you could have 3: 25min matches, 1: 40min match and a divas match. And that sounds a hell of alot better then 9: 15min match.

Yeah but when u have such a big roster and u have the same guys on the ppv card i think thats why people get upset about only 4 matches...Cause kofi,miz,rey isnt on the card i can keep going

Reloval
08-11-2011, 07:59 PM
Starting to make me wonder in the fact that they only have 4 matches announced (so many people not being included on the card) is somehow going to turn into a storyline.

Tomsta666
08-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Starting to make me wonder in the fact that they only have 4 matches announced (so many people not being included on the card) is somehow going to turn into a storyline.

I have a feeling the Del Rio is going to cash-in

Sully
08-11-2011, 08:22 PM
I like the angle, and it feels like something Miz would do. I'm guessing a Miz vs Mysterio feud. Although I'm not sure what the current status is for Rey, isn't he supposed to have a title match Monday night, or do you think they're setting that up because they think he won't be able to compete, and have something planned?

AOF666
08-11-2011, 08:59 PM
Don't like Miz that much but it would be cool if he takes out Del Rio and takes his brief case and cashes it in on the winner of the Punk and Cena match. Would perfer if Miz cashes in the brief case instead of Del Rio. Del Rio sucks, he is boring, and being handed everything on a silver platter.

Dr. Death
08-11-2011, 09:03 PM
While I like Del Rio's in ring ability, I would love to see this happen. It would bring Miz back to the front of the pack and would be interesting to see how it would play out. I still believe Miz needs some work on his in ring skills, however his promos are getting a lot better.

stevieg1237
08-11-2011, 10:11 PM
I liked seing him on the MTV Rivals after show. From what I can see he's a pretty cool guy outside the ring, he's gotten better progressively before and esp. after losing the title. His matches with Rey were great. He definately moved up on my top guys list

Synned
08-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Rey might miss Summerslam due to his knee AGAIN!..
I see a Dolph VS Riely match for the title.
Miz vs Del Rio(maybe for the money in the bank Contract or something)