PDA

View Full Version : TNA should follow's Paul Heyman's plan

VKM
08-11-2011, 12:37 PM
Here's a short video of Paul Heyman's idea of how TNA should utilize their talent. You've probably seen it already but i wanted to discuss about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMy726EVpqk&feature=player_detailpage

TNA should really listen to Paul Heyman's idea. Too bad its too late because Heyman is supposedly done with wrestling.

HCollins-TNA1
08-11-2011, 12:44 PM
Heyman's plan would never work.....

steveorton
08-11-2011, 12:47 PM

Explain, I'm jus sayin...

VKM

Why do you say that?
Obviously TNA's plan isn't. Having the main event wrestlers to be AJ, Joe, Robert Roode, James Storm, and Austin Aries wouldn't work?

ratedy2jayz

Why wouldnt it work?

HCollins-TNA1
08-11-2011, 12:53 PM
Wrestling relies on a mixture of veterans and established wrestlers and rising young stars....
Heymans plan called for having one or 2 Veteran talents and pushing the young....

1. You have to have a household name to give or have any recognition..
2. You fire or release veteran thats lots of money being wasted..
3. How many young guys have held the world title that wasn't known??

eboy
08-11-2011, 01:11 PM
Here's a short video of Paul Heyman's idea of how TNA should utilize their talent. You've probably seen it already but i wanted to discuss about it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMy726EVpqk&feature=player_detailpage

TNA should really listen to Paul Heyman's idea. Too bad its too late because Heyman is supposedly done with wrestling.
Man TNA would go so Far with Hayman at the Helm there is people who say well he sunk ECW but he would have learnt from that and move forward

Wrestling relies on a mixture of veterans and established wrestlers and rising young stars....
Heymans plan called for having one or 2 Veteran talents and pushing the young....

Yea but Probs is Flair Hogan Sting Van Dam arent putting anyone over

AlexWorldOrder
08-11-2011, 01:39 PM
Paul was only a creative genius, even with Smackdown where he created the best Years of the product IMO.
Heyman doesn't understand the economics of business; yes, he paints a wonderful picture, but with that, comes lots of sacrifices and risks that the company has taken before. TNA was showcasing all their young talent for years, these guys were putting their bodies on the line eerything week, and nobody gave a shit. Take the X Division for example. How long was it around for? Did it bring in more ratings than the veterans? No. Did it make people talk about them? Yes. All of TNA's efforts will always amount to nothing, because they're not WWE, they're not the all American perception to viewers. The classic part of all this, is the " I loved tna before hogan came in.." oh did you? Well, the numbers don't show it. If all these fans loved TNA before Hogan came in, there wouldn't have been a reason to hire Hogan in the first place. I love Paul's ideas, but if I were Dixie, I will NOT give this man full control of my company. Thinking of all the money he owes those guys is just a horrible thought. If anything, Bischoff should be given more control. He is only an executive producer who gets to input some creative ideas, and that's not exactly where Bischoff shines when it comes to rasslin.

HCollins-TNA1
08-11-2011, 01:50 PM
Man TNA would go so Far with Hayman at the Helm there is people who say well he sunk ECW but he would have learnt from that and move forward

First of all he built and sunk ECW.... ECW grew to what it was in 90s thanks to Paul... But it also ended thanks to Paul working with the enemies namely WWF.... Biggest mistake, but he was desperate for money..

Flair, Sting and Van Damn has put guys over.... Flair has since the the 70s and 80s and 90s and yet today.... How many guys hasn't Sting put over or let shine in the spot light??? Van Damn sometimes you can tell creative goes over his head with putting guys over but he tends to let it happen..

helmsley
08-11-2011, 01:51 PM
i think TNA should do half of what they are doing right now, and half of what heyman says

WWTNA Mark
08-11-2011, 01:51 PM
Paul Heymen is a creative genius. A good business man, no but if he was on TNA's creative team, he can take their company to new heights.

lykkekage
08-11-2011, 01:58 PM
I really like Paul Heyman's idea to some extend, not saying that I would personally fire every single veteran, but lets take a look at the TNA roster, and especially those over 40 years old

Bully Ray - He is a good heel, he has a good gimmick and has been doing good lately I'll give him that, but seriously, who is gonna tune into TNA Impact to see frkin Bully Ray? He cant really put people over, because people wouldnt really say "Oh my god, this guy beat Bully Ray, he is a big deal now". There is no need for Bully Ray on the TNA Roster

Hulk Hogan - I think he draws some viewers, so you could let him stay, but for god sake, the entire show is about Hulk Hogan. If Hogan wants to keep hugging the spotlight like he is, I would throw him right out. It ruins Impact that we have to see 40 minutes of Immortal and Hulk Hogan on every show. I would have him stay on the show, but really ? He gets too much time

Jeff Jarrett - I have never seen the big deal in him, he is nothing special in my opinion, I would rather see Beer Money, MCMG, Styles, Doug Williams, Samoa Joe, etc. in the main event picture than him.

Kurt Angle - He still got it, if you were to have this 1 legend concept, I would definately have him around.

Ric Flair - Again, a guy that draws some viewers, but there is too much Ric Flair. Keep him in some role, have him make some appearances, but I dont wanna see a Ric Flair match! I have seen that for nearly 30 years, there is no point in it, I doubt that anyone wants to see it.

Rob Van Dam & Sting - I kinda put these 2 together because they have the same situation. They can still wrestle to an extend, but there are so many other guys to have in a World Championship picture. Have them around to put people over, I dont wanna see a 50 year old man carry the World Title, thats just not believable.

So in my point of view. Fire Bully Ray & Jeff Jarrett, there is no point in them. Have Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan make some special appearances sometimes, which would be cool to see, but dont have them on every week. Have Sting & RVD around for a while to put some new main eventers over, like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Matt Morgan, Crimson, Gunner and so on, but when they have put these new guys over, let them retire! And finally, have Kurt Angle around as that 1 legend, which is Paul Heyman's concept

VKM
08-11-2011, 02:00 PM

You can still use them as household names. You can use them for merchandise sales, etc. But TNA is putting all of the attention on the old guys. No one wants to see a 50 year old wrestler wrestle every Thursday. What Paul Heyman was saying was that TNA should utilize the old guys in a way where you push the young talent. Like Paul Heyman said with makiing Hardcore Justice be about Beer Money and MCMG. He said that Hulk, Flair and Bischoff should push that match as the match that they want to see.

Keeping the veterans is the real waste of money. Why would you keep Ric Flair when he doesn't even have a huge contribution to the company.

And it doesn't matter about being known. Look at ROH. ROH just got a TV deal and all they have is young wrestlers. If TNA doesn't get their act together, ROH will be the 2nd best world wide promotion.

TNA will get no where if they keep having Sting and Kurt Angle as the world champions. Just like Paul said about the reference with A-Rod and Derek Jeter. Sting and Kurt Angle have already won about as much titles as they can so why don't you utilize those veterans as wrestlers that push the young guys so they can become the new faces of the company. What's going to happen if Sting dies tomorrow due to a natural cause of something to deal with old age. TNA cannot bank on the legends to hold the show. TNA is not looking at the long term goal.

jordan1995
08-11-2011, 02:03 PM
paul heyman should be on creative and filter Russo ideas as well as imput his own

Y2J___Y2J
08-11-2011, 02:08 PM
Heyman's idea just wouldn't work, who's going to watch something with maybe 1 / 2 peoples you've ever heard of whilst WWE have household names and legends mixing it up with their fresh crop of "superstars"
If anything the WWE are lacking in vets' to help get the younger talent over more,
You need 5 or 6 vets and a whole lot of younger talent.
TNA has that, but their problem is that they push the older guys like Bully Ray, Steiner, RVD, Sting( Yes he's past his prime.!)
Sure these guys need to to be pushed to a certain extent to make it credible when the young guys get over but not as much as they are.

HCollins-TNA1
08-11-2011, 02:13 PM
You can still use them as household names. You can use them for merchandise sales, etc. But TNA is putting all of the attention on the old guys. No one wants to see a 50 year old wrestler wrestle every Thursday. What Paul Heyman was saying was that TNA should utilize the old guys in a way where you push the young talent. Like Paul Heyman said with makiing Hardcore Justice be about Beer Money and MCMG. He said that Hulk, Flair and Bischoff should push that match as the match that they want to see.

Keeping the veterans is the real waste of money. Why would you keep Ric Flair when he doesn't even have a huge contribution to the company.

And it doesn't matter about being known. Look at ROH. ROH just got a TV deal and all they have is young wrestlers. If TNA doesn't get their act together, ROH will be the 2nd best world wide promotion.

TNA will get no where if they keep having Sting and Kurt Angle as the world champions. Just like Paul said about the reference with A-Rod and Derek Jeter. Sting and Kurt Angle have already won about as much titles as they can so why don't you utilize those veterans as wrestlers that push the young guys so they can become the new faces of the company. What's going to happen if Sting dies tomorrow due to a natural cause of something to deal with old age. TNA cannot bank on the legends to hold the show. TNA is not looking at the long term goal.
No different then WWE with Taker, Orton, Cena, Triple H and few others..
No different then WCW in its day time with Hogan, Flair, DDP, Sting, Savage, and others..
No different then ECW with Shane Douglas, Terry Funk, RVD, and others....

I think TNA is loaded with talent new and old and a mix of in between..... Crimson, Gunner, Aries, Matt Morgan and others... Then Fortune, Abyss, Angle, Samoa Joe, Bully Ray , Mr Anderson and others... Then you have Flair, Sting, Double J, and Hogan..... It a mix of talent... that what a wrestling company needs....

CrowOfMurders
08-11-2011, 02:27 PM

Flair put over Foley, Lethal, hell all of Fortune pretty much and even tapped out to Bobby Roode
Hogan only had ONE match and it was 2 put over Abyss and Styles
Sting put over Styles,Samoa Joe,Angle,RVD,Gunner,Anderson and many more and has been working with tons of talent across the board from top to bottom talent, he's shown he's willing to be a team player,the horrible writing is wat makes him look bad
RVD is an overrated asshole who never puts anyone over, he f*cking lost his only title reign to a storyline title strip b/c he wouldn't put anyone over,TNA wasted their $$$ w/ him
Dude r u watching old WCW tapes and getting confused?

VKM
08-11-2011, 02:31 PM
No different then WWE with Taker, Orton, Cena, Triple H and few others..
No different then WCW in its day time with Hogan, Flair, DDP, Sting, Savage, and others..
No different then ECW with Shane Douglas, Terry Funk, RVD, and others....

I think TNA is loaded with talent new and old and a mix of in between..... Crimson, Gunner, Aries, Matt Morgan and others... Then Fortune, Abyss, Angle, Samoa Joe, Bully Ray , Mr Anderson and others... Then you have Flair, Sting, Double J, and Hogan..... It a mix of talent... that what a wrestling company needs....

Here's the difference, with WWE, Undertaker, Orton, Cena, and HHH can all still contribute to the company. During WCW's days, Sting was just hitting his 40s before WCW died, and Hogan pushed Goldberg and the other wrestlers were still plausible. Even though TNA has a mix of veterans and rookies, TNA does not do well with it because they push the older guys much more than the younger guys.

Having a new and different product means that you have to have new faces. New people that the fans never saw before. That's how a wrestling promotion starts. What do you think WWF did before their was a Hulk Hogan, or Ric Flair? They build up the company from scratch. The truth is no one wants to see the same guy that they saw 15 years ago because they already know all about that guy. They already what he's capable of and every time they see the guy they reflect back when the guy was at his prime. In TNA, the main eventers are Sting, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan, Mr. Anderson, and Bully Ray. One out of five of the guys are not a veteran.
The main event should be about AJ, Joe, Aries, Morgan, Anderson. Those guys barely get any screen time because TNA is too busy showing Hogan and Immortal for an hour.
To invest in a wrestling company you can't just have the old guys steal the show because when they are gone, you have nothing because you were so worried about the old guys being the main event talent instead of using them as the people to push the young guys.

CrowOfMurders
08-11-2011, 02:33 PM
Paul was only a creative genius, even with Smackdown where he created the best Years of the product IMO.
Heyman doesn't understand the economics of business; yes, he paints a wonderful picture, but with that, comes lots of sacrifices and risks that the company has taken before. TNA was showcasing all their young talent for years, these guys were putting their bodies on the line eerything week, and nobody gave a shit. Take the X Division for example. How long was it around for? Did it bring in more ratings than the veterans? No. Did it make people talk about them? Yes. All of TNA's efforts will always amount to nothing, because they're not WWE, they're not the all American perception to viewers. The classic part of all this, is the " I loved tna before hogan came in.." oh did you? Well, the numbers don't show it. If all these fans loved TNA before Hogan came in, there wouldn't have been a reason to hire Hogan in the first place. I love Paul's ideas, but if I were Dixie, I will NOT give this man full control of my company. Thinking of all the money he owes those guys is just a horrible thought. If anything, Bischoff should be given more control. He is only an executive producer who gets to input some creative ideas, and that's not exactly where Bischoff shines when it comes to rasslin.

Quoted for brilliance sans the part about Bischoff, Bischoff was NWO,NWO is dead, Bischoff should go away. But honestly I don't get why people don't get the necessity for a balanced roster. The older Talent haven't taken anything away that wasn't because of a horrible storyline. I believe Hogan-Sting-Flair could blow pipebombs as well if written into a proper storyline. They're old,they can't carry storylines anymore without a little help, but STing and Flair especially have alot of fire still in them.

Asherdelampyr
08-11-2011, 02:39 PM
I really like Paul Heyman's idea to some extend, not saying that I would personally fire every single veteran, but lets take a look at the TNA roster, and especially those over 40 years old

Bully Ray - He is a good heel, he has a good gimmick and has been doing good lately I'll give him that, but seriously, who is gonna tune into TNA Impact to see frkin Bully Ray? He cant really put people over, because people wouldnt really say "Oh my god, this guy beat Bully Ray, he is a big deal now". There is no need for Bully Ray on the TNA Roster

Hulk Hogan - I think he draws some viewers, so you could let him stay, but for god sake, the entire show is about Hulk Hogan. If Hogan wants to keep hugging the spotlight like he is, I would throw him right out. It ruins Impact that we have to see 40 minutes of Immortal and Hulk Hogan on every show. I would have him stay on the show, but really ? He gets too much time

Jeff Jarrett - I have never seen the big deal in him, he is nothing special in my opinion, I would rather see Beer Money, MCMG, Styles, Doug Williams, Samoa Joe, etc. in the main event picture than him.

Kurt Angle - He still got it, if you were to have this 1 legend concept, I would definately have him around.

Ric Flair - Again, a guy that draws some viewers, but there is too much Ric Flair. Keep him in some role, have him make some appearances, but I dont wanna see a Ric Flair match! I have seen that for nearly 30 years, there is no point in it, I doubt that anyone wants to see it.

Rob Van Dam & Sting - I kinda put these 2 together because they have the same situation. They can still wrestle to an extend, but there are so many other guys to have in a World Championship picture. Have them around to put people over, I dont wanna see a 50 year old man carry the World Title, thats just not believable.

So in my point of view. Fire Bully Ray & Jeff Jarrett, there is no point in them. Have Ric Flair and Hulk Hogan make some special appearances sometimes, which would be cool to see, but dont have them on every week. Have Sting & RVD around for a while to put some new main eventers over, like Samoa Joe, AJ Styles, Matt Morgan, Crimson, Gunner and so on, but when they have put these new guys over, let them retire! And finally, have Kurt Angle around as that 1 legend, which is Paul Heyman's concept

I see what you are saying here, but I have a different point of view

Bully Ray - I like him where he is now, he is acting kind of like a manager with Gunner and Abyss, helping both of them get over, and did a great job putting Fortune over as a legit stable on their own

Scott Steiner - They can not fire this roided up useless ahole fast enough in my opinion. There is no need for him, nobody who knows who he is cares, and he is not helping the overall product at all

Hulk Hogan - While you may or may not like him personally (I don't) his name pretty much = wrestling. Having him there doesn't bring as much legitimacy as it did WCW, but he is still a household name, as it stands now, up until the threat of him wrestling again entered the picture, I have been fine with his lessened role as a GM type figure.

Jeff Jarrett - I have a really hard time saying that the man who created TNA should be fired by them. He can still move, albeit at a slower pace and he is putting over newer guys, at least in House shows (When they were here he did a great job putting Crimson over)

Kurt Angle - Possibly one of the greatest to ever step between the ropes, (Though I am a HUGE Angle mark, being a fan of his since Atlanta) He can still go, and go well, with his recent heel turn he is in a great position to put over new talent, which he has always been willing to do no matter what company he was in. The fact that he is a legit gold medal winner still brings in legitimacy, and if he does make it onto the Olympic team this year he can use that platform to really put TNA's name out there

Ric Flair - I loved it when he was the manager of Fortune, mentoring AJ Styles. It fit perfectly, and was very similar to the last position that WWE used him in (before his retirement storyline) HE is still a great talker, and I am fine with him being there as long as he shows up to the autograph sessions and so on that he is scheduled for, and keeps his damn shirt on. I could see him taking another mentor/manager role, perhaps with Austin Aries?

RVD - He can still go, and still go well, I don't think he needs to hold the world title ever again, but he can be the face version of Heel Angle, putting over new heels (Like Gunner) He has a lot of 5 star matches left in him, and used properly could build new legends for TNA, especially in the X division.

Sting - It's obvious that he is slowing down, I think after this title run he is going to be the TNA answer to The Undertaker, showing up on the odd PPV to put people over big time, I hope that they do this, as it would allow him to rest, and keep the same big name recognition.

VanHooliganX
08-11-2011, 02:40 PM
Here's the difference, with WWE, Undertaker, Orton, Cena, and HHH can all still contribute to the company. During WCW's days, Sting was just hitting his 40s before WCW died, and Hogan pushed Goldberg and the other wrestlers were still plausible. Even though TNA has a mix of veterans and rookies, TNA does not do well with it because they push the older guys much more than the younger guys.

Having a new and different product means that you have to have new faces. New people that the fans never saw before. That's how a wrestling promotion starts. What do you think WWF did before their was a Hulk Hogan, or Ric Flair? They build up the company from scratch. The truth is no one wants to see the same guy that they saw 15 years ago because they already know all about that guy. They already what he's capable of and every time they see the guy they reflect back when the guy was at his prime. In TNA, the main eventers are Sting, Kurt Angle, Hulk Hogan, Mr. Anderson, and Bully Ray. One out of five of the guys are not a veteran.
The main event should be about AJ, Joe, Aries, Morgan, Anderson. Those guys barely get any screen time because TNA is too busy showing Hogan and Immortal for an hour.
To invest in a wrestling company you can't just have the old guys steal the show because when they are gone, you have nothing because you were so worried about the old guys being the main event talent instead of using them as the people to push the young guys.

Quoted for the truth and fact that is what TNA should do. Hell, can you apply for a job there please?

HCollins-TNA1
08-11-2011, 02:41 PM

Undertaker don't contribute much these days due to injuries..... the man is going to be wheelchair bound when he does retire... due to issues with his legs and back...
As for TNA you got to have that mixture.... And Hogan isn't in the Main Event picture, he's no more then Talent Enhancement... As for the Main Event picture in TNA the past few months has been Sting, Angle, Anderson, and now Gunner and Crimson...
Guys like AJ, Daniels, Beer Money, Kaz, Joe, Aries, and others are showed pretty much equal time.... As well as the Knockouts which seem to be about as strong as ever....
As for new and different product... yes and no it works both ways... a new or different product want catch on as fast unless promoted just right with appeal from elsewhere... Should and will add people tend to go with name recognition with a product or show or sport....

VKM
08-11-2011, 02:43 PM
This is the roster for my IMPACT wrestling e-fed. This is what TNA's roster should like. It should at least look a little similar:

Roster

FACES:
AJ Styles
Amazing Red (X)
Angelina Love (Knockout)
The Brian Kendrick (X)
D'Angelo Dinero
Jay Lethal (X)
Kaval (X)
Kaz (X)
Kurt Angle
Mickie James (Knockout)
Motor City (X)
Mr. Anderson
ODB (Knockout)
Samoa Joe
Serena Deeb (Knockout)
Sting
Taylor Wilde (Knockout)
Velvet Sky (Knockout)
Wrestling's Greatest Tag Team

HEELS:
Abyss
Austin Aries (X)
British Invasion
Bully Ray
Daffney (Knockout)
Daniels
Desmond Wolfe
Eric Young (X)
Generation Me (X)
Johnny Devine (X)
Katie Waters (Knockout)
Kings of Wrestling
Madison Rayne (Knockout)
Matt Morgan
Ms. Tessmacher (knockout)
Petey Williams (X)
Robbie E (X)
Robert Roode
Sarita (Knockout)
Tara (Knockout)

The only veterans on my e-fed are Kurt, Bully Ray and Sting. That's all TNA needs. They don't need Ric Flair, RVD, Jerry Lynn, Devon, and Scott Steiner. Kurt, Bully Ray and Sting are wrestlers that are willing to put over young talent with ease.

VKM
08-11-2011, 02:48 PM
Quoted for the truth and fact that is what TNA should do. Hell, can you apply for a job there please?

I wish i could man. lol

Asherdelampyr
08-11-2011, 02:52 PM

It's almost like we are watching different shows, I mean, Hogan wrestled one match the entire time he has been there, so not sure how he is main eventing anything, he's more like a GM. Bully Ray has been teaming with Gunner and Abyss, helping them both get heat, and polishing Gunner up for the big time, since they are obviously grooming him as the future of the company.

As far as WWF? They started by taking the regional legends, and of course the incomparable Andre The Giant, and used them to build a company. They didn't start fresh, it just looked that way because before them there was no national promotion in the US. Not saying that's a bad thing, it worked, and worked well.

Aries right now is in the X division title picture, which is a great place for him, Joe needs a good push, but I think they are making him turn back into a monster heel first, by showing him get more and more frustrated every week. AJ I think will be in the main event shortly afte the BFG wraps up, and after his story with Daniels wraps up, I truly believe that Morgan was going to be in the final four of the BFG, right up until he got injured, hopefully he will heal up quick and won't lose his momentum, having him on commentary in the meantime as the "BFG special correspondent" is an excellent way to keep his name on the map. Anderson is just coming off of a title run, so I don't see any issue there, other than they can't seem to decide if they want him as a face or a heel.

VKM
08-11-2011, 02:55 PM
Undertaker don't contribute much these days due to injuries..... the man is going to be wheelchair bound when he does retire... due to issues with his legs and back...
As for TNA you got to have that mixture.... And Hogan isn't in the Main Event picture, he's no more then Talent Enhancement... As for the Main Event picture in TNA the past few months has been Sting, Angle, Anderson, and now Gunner and Crimson...
Guys like AJ, Daniels, Beer Money, Kaz, Joe, Aries, and others are showed pretty much equal time.... As well as the Knockouts which seem to be about as strong as ever....
As for new and different product... yes and no it works both ways... a new or different product want catch on as fast unless promoted just right with appeal from elsewhere... Should and will add people tend to go with name recognition with a product or show or sport....

You might disagree with me about this but TNA are pushing the wrong young talent:
Crimson - TNA is packaging Crimson as the Goldberg of Today's Wrestling. I don't even know why because no one is really into him. I could see if the fans go crazy for him like went crazy for Goldberg but I just don't see it. TNA is pushing him too strong.

Gunner - Gunner to me is boring and he doesn't get any crowd reaction at all. He won't last long.

The people that should be getting the push right now should be AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Robert Roode.

VKM
08-11-2011, 03:00 PM
It's almost like we are watching different shows, I mean, Hogan wrestled one match the entire time he has been there, so not sure how he is main eventing anything, he's more like a GM. Bully Ray has been teaming with Gunner and Abyss, helping them both get heat, and polishing Gunner up for the big time, since they are obviously grooming him as the future of the company.

As far as WWF? They started by taking the regional legends, and of course the incomparable Andre The Giant, and used them to build a company. They didn't start fresh, it just looked that way because before them there was no national promotion in the US. Not saying that's a bad thing, it worked, and worked well.

Aries right now is in the X division title picture, which is a great place for him, Joe needs a good push, but I think they are making him turn back into a monster heel first, by showing him get more and more frustrated every week. AJ I think will be in the main event shortly afte the BFG wraps up, and after his story with Daniels wraps up, I truly believe that Morgan was going to be in the final four of the BFG, right up until he got injured, hopefully he will heal up quick and won't lose his momentum, having him on commentary in the meantime as the "BFG special correspondent" is an excellent way to keep his name on the map. Anderson is just coming off of a title run, so I don't see any issue there, other than they can't seem to decide if they want him as a face or a heel.

WWF did start fresh because for one, they sure as hell didn't take legends and then make a company. They took wrestlers that were still not even at their prime yet. When they took Andre he wasn't at his prime. The same goes for Hulk Hogan.

As for Bully Ray, your right. He's the guy i would keep as the veteran to push younger guys. And you might as well say Hogan is in the main event because he gets more screen time than anybody in IMPACT wrestling. Also, more than likely, he's going to wrestle against Sting at BFG.

I don't have an issue with Anderson being a main event wrestler. The problem that i have with that is that they don't give him enough time to prosper as champion.

HCollins-TNA1
08-11-2011, 03:07 PM
You might disagree with me about this but TNA are pushing the wrong young talent:
Crimson - TNA is packaging Crimson as the Goldberg of Today's Wrestling. I don't even know why because no one is really into him. I could see if the fans go crazy for him like went crazy for Goldberg but I just don't see it. TNA is pushing him too strong.

Gunner - Gunner to me is boring and he doesn't get any crowd reaction at all. He won't last long.

The people that should be getting the push right now should be AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, and Robert Roode.

Will agree and disagree.....
Crimson is TNA answer to Goldberg and Brock Lesner... Crimson is young and getting a great build..... its needed, just hate the comparison to Goldberg, but with similar story-line as in the streak I guess... I guess he will be compared....
Next obviously you don't know much about Gunner... probably one of the best wrestlers to come out of the Indy scene since CM Punk... Also military background.... just don't think he should be a Immortal clown/flunky which may hurt him...

As for AJ Styles he's the Sting of TNA.... he's the face that everyone associate TNA with.... Joe's time will come again I think... I think they testing the waters with him... maybe going back to his original I'm going to Kill You Joe??? Roode couldn't agree more, he been stuck in mid-card/tag team spot light so long... He need a strong single push....

VKM
08-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Will agree and disagree.....
Crimson is TNA answer to Goldberg and Brock Lesner... Crimson is young and getting a great build..... its needed, just hate the comparison to Goldberg, but with similar story-line as in the streak I guess... I guess he will be compared....
Next obviously you don't know much about Gunner... probably one of the best wrestlers to come out of the Indy scene since CM Punk... Also military background.... just don't think he should be a Immortal clown/flunky which may hurt him...

As for AJ Styles he's the Sting of TNA.... he's the face that everyone associate TNA with.... Joe's time will come again I think... I think they testing the waters with him... maybe going back to his original I'm going to Kill You Joe??? Roode couldn't agree more, he been stuck in mid-card/tag team spot light so long... He need a strong single push....

Yeah i don't know that much about Gunner. But from how TNA is pushing him, he's not that entertaining to be getting such a big push. I don't get the hype. He's a good wrestler but as for entertaining...Not good.

eboy
08-11-2011, 03:16 PM
First of all he built and sunk ECW.... ECW grew to what it was in 90s thanks to Paul... But it also ended thanks to Paul working with the enemies namely WWF.... Biggest mistake, but he was desperate for money..

Flair, Sting and Van Damn has put guys over.... Flair has since the the 70s and 80s and 90s and yet today.... How many guys hasn't Sting put over or let shine in the spot light??? Van Damn sometimes you can tell creative goes over his head with putting guys over but he tends to let it happen..
Yea BTW Fortune were fighting the Immortal War sting came in and fortunes Push ended Sting was fighting the war on his own now if sting cared he could have suggest he join/alline with Fortune

Paul Heymen is a creative genius. A good business man, no but if he was on TNA's creative team, he can take their company to new heights.

Yup 100% This Dubs

I Bully Ray - He is a good heel, he has a good gimmick and has been doing good lately I'll give him that, but seriously, who is gonna tune into TNA Impact to see frkin Bully Ray? He cant really put people over, because people wouldnt really say "Oh my god, this guy beat Bully Ray, he is a big deal now". There is no need for Bully Ray on the TNA Roster

OK agree about Jeff Jarrett but i wouldn't say fire them keep them around they both have good matches and are entertaining and are Established names

Heyman's idea just wouldn't work, who's going to watch something with maybe 1 / 2 peoples you've ever heard of whilst WWE have household names and legends mixing it up with their fresh crop of "superstars"
If anything the WWE are lacking in vets' to help get the younger talent over more,
You need 5 or 6 vets and a whole lot of younger talent.
TNA has that, but their problem is that they push the older guys like Bully Ray, Steiner, RVD, Sting( Yes he's past his prime.!)
Sure these guys need to to be pushed to a certain extent to make it credible when the young guys get over but not as much as they are.

Point is TNA Doesn't have many mainsteam fans alot of TNA's fans will know Styles, Joe Morgan Roode Storm Kaz ect by now so they are the established stars and if they truly want to Challenge WWE they have to make there own star *AJ anyone?* not a WWE Reject or someone made in WCW

Asherdelampyr
08-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Point is TNA Doesn't have many mainsteam fans alot of TNA's fans will know Styles, Joe Morgan Roode Storm Kaz ect by now so they are the established stars and if they truly want to Challenge WWE they have to make there own star *AJ anyone?* not a WWE Reject or someone made in WCW

In order to prosper they need to get those "Mainstream" fans. Name recognition is the down-and-dirty way to do it, but it has proven effective when used well.

CrowOfMurders
08-11-2011, 04:28 PM
Yea BTW Fortune were fighting the Immortal War sting came in and fortunes Push ended Sting was fighting the war on his own now if sting cared he could have suggest he join/alline with Fortune

Yup 100% This Dubs

OK agree about Jeff Jarrett but i wouldn't say fire them keep them around they both have good matches and are entertaining and are Established names

I wasn't aware Sting was head writer @ TNA as well,damn I think you took his "I'm the network rep" thing a little too seriously, he doesn't decide who joins Fortune or not,and last I looked, it was Fourtune vs. Immortal @ the last ppv AGAIN. Besides,Fourtune was a 4 Horsemen derivative, after they got rid of Flair,why add Sting? Then everyone would be bitching "WHY sting join Fourtune?"
Overall I agree with the guys saying TNA needs to push the original talent, but this rogue paul heyman mentality wouldn't work AT ALL. Sting, Hogan, and hell maybe even Flair,bring in alot of mainstream attention,and most of all STILL sell a ton of merchandise,and if you want to be on TV and don't want to make money, you're an idiot. More money for TNA means more chances to go on the road,afford talented wrestlers and actually try to hold onto stars long term. Bottom line, it's how a company succeeds,and saying TNA doesnt have mainstream fans so they don't need big names is like saying TNA doesnt need to be on TV,i'd rather go see AJ Styles in a high school gym wrestle. My favorite time in TNA was when Sting dropped the title to AJ, and AJ was gonna start a feud with Daniels, but even that as the main event, you need a secondary story with established legends. Sting-Hogan won't be a wrestling clinic, but people sure as hell will tune in, just to see if it's Hogan's last match or maybe even Sting's. The buzz alone will help the buyrate for BFG and THAT means more people will watch the rest of the card. The one thing I agree with the most: The LONNGGG @$$$ promos gotta stop,especially if the writing @ Impact doesn't improve

AOF666
08-11-2011, 04:29 PM

WWE is doing such a great job at pushing the right people. Example Del Rio is boring and no crowd reaction.

VKM
08-11-2011, 04:38 PM
WWE is doing such a great job at pushing the right people. Example Del Rio is boring and no crowd reaction.

I don't know if you're be sarcastic or not but i agree with you. ADR is boring

VKM
08-11-2011, 04:42 PM
In order to prosper they need to get those "Mainstream" fans. Name recognition is the down-and-dirty way to do it, but it has proven effective when used well.

Here's a simple way. Advertise like crazy. And I don't mean put a billboard near the WWE headquarters either. I mean advertize around the world. If TNA can do road trips to the UK then they need to get out and tour the entire United States and not just some select states either. TNA won't get mainstream unless they stick their foot of their own territory and explore.

Asherdelampyr
08-11-2011, 04:49 PM
Here's a simple way. Advertise like crazy. And I don't mean put a billboard near the WWE headquarters either. I mean advertize around the world. If TNA can do road trips to the UK then they need to get out and tour the entire United States and not just some select states either. TNA won't get mainstream unless they stick their foot of their own territory and explore.

And what are they going to use to advertise that will really make people want to see what TNA is all about?
established legends

VKM
08-11-2011, 04:52 PM
I wasn't aware Sting was head writer @ TNA as well,damn I think you took his "I'm the network rep" thing a little too seriously, he doesn't decide who joins Fortune or not,and last I looked, it was Fourtune vs. Immortal @ the last ppv AGAIN. Besides,Fourtune was a 4 Horsemen derivative, after they got rid of Flair,why add Sting? Then everyone would be bitching "WHY sting join Fourtune?"
Overall I agree with the guys saying TNA needs to push the original talent, but this rogue paul heyman mentality wouldn't work AT ALL. Sting, Hogan, and hell maybe even Flair,bring in alot of mainstream attention,and most of all STILL sell a ton of merchandise,and if you want to be on TV and don't want to make money, you're an idiot. More money for TNA means more chances to go on the road,afford talented wrestlers and actually try to hold onto stars long term. Bottom line, it's how a company succeeds,and saying TNA doesnt have mainstream fans so they don't need big names is like saying TNA doesnt need to be on TV,i'd rather go see AJ Styles in a high school gym wrestle. My favorite time in TNA was when Sting dropped the title to AJ, and AJ was gonna start a feud with Daniels, but even that as the main event, you need a secondary story with established legends. Sting-Hogan won't be a wrestling clinic, but people sure as hell will tune in, just to see if it's Hogan's last match or maybe even Sting's. The buzz alone will help the buyrate for BFG and THAT means more people will watch the rest of the card. The one thing I agree with the most: The LONNGGG @$$$ promos gotta stop,especially if the writing @ Impact doesn't improve

I agree with some of the stuff you are saying but you're missing the point. TNA is shoving these legends at the fans as though that's something we want to see. The thing about Hogan and Flair with mainstream is that they're irrelevant now. Sure if TNA was around 20 years ago and had Hogan and Flair then they would actually sell more merchandise and they buyrate for PPVs and TV ratings would be up. With Hogan and Flair in TNA now, the ratings are at an average 1.2. Before they were in TNA, the ratings were the same. On Jan 1st when Hogan appeared, yeah they ratings got better but it wasn't a drastic change and then a month later it went back down to the regular 1.0 or 1.2. Whoever thinks of the plans and goals for TNA must not be a long-term thinker because anyone would be able to see that after a couple of months the ratings would go back down because the fans wanted expected to see Hogan for appearances and see what he had to offer. TNA hyped up that it would be a change once Hogan came into TNA but nothing good came out of it. When Hogan came in, I believe they lost more money than they gained because they signed Ric Flair, and they had to pay washed up legends like Jimmy Hart and the Nasty Boys for their appearance. And also, they had to pay for Nash, Xpac and Scott Hall too. Think of all that money that they wasted on January 1st.

VKM
08-11-2011, 05:01 PM
And what are they going to use to advertise that will really make people want to see what TNA is all about?
established legends

Here's my experience with first finding out about TNA. My friend told me about it and said that Kurt Angle returned to another promotion which is called TNA. I checked out and i saw their talent and i got familiar with it. But i would probably never heard of it had it not been for Kurt Angle giving the product a main stream credibility. Its okay to feature a legend but just don't make it all about the elgends. Just use the legends to draw the wrestling fan in and make them stay by showcasing the younger talent. The wrestling fan isn't going to keep watching just because Kurt Angle is being shown. Back then, TNA had Kurt Angle and had a wrestling show. That's what made me stay wtaching it. It wasn't just because of Kurt Angle alone. Kurt Angle was just the teaser.

All TNA has to do is advertize two legends being Kurt and Sting and two new performers being AJ Styles and Joe. Then when you see the ad you'll be drawn in because your familiar with Kurt and Sting but also, its new because they are showcasing new stars.

The current billboard of TNA shows this:
http://prowrestlingnewswire.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/05/impactbillboard.png

I know its hard to see but the wrestlers on the billboard are Sting, Hogan and Kurt. If i didn't know any better i would think it was like a reality TV show for old legends.

BlazersDozen
08-11-2011, 05:24 PM
TNA has the right roster. They just don't know how to use it so that the young guys will start building credibility.

Rassling_Fan
08-11-2011, 06:50 PM
How Heyman sold Hardcore Justice would be awesome. MCMG and Beer Money made matches of the years with their series and we got the final match free on TV while on PPV we saw people play with toy light sabers. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvMSzXu1ddI)

Promoting their talent over the veterans would do them good. Make AJ Styles a house hold name.