PDA

View Full Version : What's your take on WWE's current product?

FLWWEFan
08-11-2011, 04:55 AM
I would like to know what everyone's take is on the "current" product which is what is taking place right now.

My overall thoughts, it's getting better if you ask me mainly due to the CM Punk/Cena feud that's going on right now. This in my opinion is an angle the WWE will really benefit from and so far it hasn't dissapointed, the promos between those two have been EPIC and I have a real interest in this feud. Probably one of my favorite feuds since Cena/Edge. Even Smackdown which has been downright awful seems to be starting to get a little better. Don't get me wrong the product right now isn't close to what used to be produced during the Attitude Era but it could definetly be a lot worse.

LMPunker
08-11-2011, 04:58 AM
better then it has been for a long time summerslam maybe the indicator as to how long this may continue and the overall direction of wwe

The_Awesome_One
08-11-2011, 05:04 AM
My opininion is that its the lesser of two evils

BlazersDozen
08-11-2011, 05:07 AM
WWE is terrible. The CM Punk/Cena fued is the only thing in today's WWE that would make it on air 10 years ago. If they do what I think & meche the R-Truth, Christian & Punk storylines together then they will be rewarded with my praise. They misuse a lot of guys & I'm not just talking about not pushing guys, but also pushing the wrong guys. Don't let the WWE off the hook for finally noticing CM Punk's talent after YEARS being with them. Keep the preassure on them to create a better product as it can only make ALL wrestling nation wide better. Also, three guys can't carry a global company & IMO they've already dropped the ball once with Rey Mysterio in this storyline...so I'm still holding reservations.

jordan1995
08-11-2011, 05:39 AM
another one of these threads ..i have enough coping with the state of the E threads !!!

Enforcer23
08-11-2011, 05:47 AM
yeah its a pick up alright its doing a great job but SS was a downfall on match card wise

Marx
08-11-2011, 06:17 AM
WWE has a lot of potential, as has TNA, but they are struggling to use it right. I believe the product is in a transitional fase, is average at the moment, but will lead to something better in the future.

monctonvike
08-11-2011, 06:52 AM
Its ok there are some exciting things happening with cena and punk with hhh in the mix. WWE went from mostly focusing on the main eventers to only focusing on them. I think Cena and punk and triple h between the two promo's and matches took up like 50% raw almost. Summerslam in a few days and the card has like 4 matches are they all gonna be 45 minutes long? Looks like jomo is gonna get super buried his match with truth should have been on summerslam looks like they are gonna keep him off of it. arod and ziggler maybe will face off anyways I wanna get behind more than just the main events.

Y2J___Y2J
08-11-2011, 07:42 AM
It's been very good as of late but with the Punk/Cena feud all over Raw the mid-card has been neglected for a week or two.
Still, it's been good for a while now

steveorton
08-11-2011, 07:42 AM
yeah its a pick up alright its doing a great job but SS was a downfall on match card wise

Gotta agree with this, I'm jus sayin...

AOF666
08-11-2011, 08:07 AM
It's ok, the Punk, HHH, Cena feud is the only they focus on but there is a lot missing in between. Started the Ziggler and Riley beef to late. Some focus on Truth and Morisson. With Morisson reason action, it is understandable. Right now they have so many guys they don't know what to do with. As interesting the Punk, HHH, Cena feud is, it is not enough!

jonod
08-11-2011, 08:34 AM
Its interesting because there's been such a vast amount of time spent on lots of trial and error style plotlines over the last few years that its a bit of a shock to see such focus. In my mind its only as narrow as the beginning of the attitude era where there was so much austin v mcmahon stuff. That went on for an age, and it really seemed like every other story was connected to that one. We have the beginning of something similar here except without the vast amounts of factions. Most the other major players are currently looking to the punk/cena story and the way its affecting the company, you have miz, del rio, mysterio, hhh, and even r truth all tying into the story in some way and I think that will develop in time. That leaves the main eventers on Smackdown free to build stories (which has been done slowly and well for months) toward Summerslam.

I think we'll see something unique at SummerSlam. I also think we'll see more emphasis put on the less visible PPV's over the next months cementing some of them and expanding on the big 4 (as was done with MITB). Vengeance is one example where this could happen

jaymo
08-11-2011, 09:17 AM
i'll say more when i see wwe past summerslam cuz who know's summerslam might fail

spidercentz
08-11-2011, 10:46 AM
I didn't read any of the other replies because I assumed they would be negative (I guess that's negative thinking) but I always have and always will be a fan of the WWE. And THAT is what a true fan is people.

FLWWEFan
08-11-2011, 10:55 AM
I didn't read any of the other replies because I assumed they would be negative (I guess that's negative thinking) but I always have and always will be a fan of the WWE. And THAT is what a true fan is people.

definetly spoken like a true fan, i remember the wwe used to be downright horibble but i still would watch the product, even lately the product hasn't been that great but i still watch it. i think it's getting better. it's definetly gonna take some time and it's not gonna happen overnight but it will get better.

VKM
08-11-2011, 11:56 AM
The CM Punk and Cena feud is awesome. However, WWE is using that feud to fool all of us. Look at the Summerslam card. They only have four matches. As of right now, WWE's problem is not utilizing their talent. Why would they have John Morrison vs. R Truth on RAW when they could have saved it for SS. The same goes for Alex Riley vs. Dolph Ziggler. I don't even know if these two matches are going to even happen at SummerSlam. With the lack of card depth in SS, WWE is basically saying that SummerSlam is only for one rivalry ---John Cena and Punk.

liamsnowdon
08-11-2011, 11:59 AM
summerslam could kill it:P

Snair
08-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Things have been getting better since Miz won the MITB.It officially ended the transition period for WWE.