PDA

View Full Version : Goldust! Goldust! Goldust!!!

Robstar
10-03-2010, 10:58 PM
It might have been a dark match but it's good to see Goldust on a PPV card. And to actually be the one to pick up the win too.

I can't help but wonder if they will do anything else with Goldust and Cody - Cody would seem to be firmly entrenched in the Tag scene so unless Goldie gets a partner.........William Regal anyone? :p

I am sure SilverGhost is in near ecstasy over this, at least! ;)

SilverGhost
10-03-2010, 11:48 PM
Oh god....I am honored >.>

xD

SilverGhost
10-04-2010, 12:10 AM
If I was a wrestler and had a match with Goldust, then the battle of Gold vs Silver will commence.

I'll be a submission wrestler that can fly and throw kicks.

Finishers: Silver's Lightning (high angle scoop slam DDT, the DDT is like Kozlov's when he debuted) and AG Apparition (Shining Wizard)

Robstar
10-04-2010, 12:31 AM
I'd pay to see that match. Can you do it on the back of a moving flatbed truck? lol

SilverGhost
10-04-2010, 12:37 AM
I'd pay to see that match. Can you do it on the back of a moving flatbed truck? lol

Yes I'll do it on a moving flatbed truck that is in a freeway going 80 mph >.>

No dude ring!

Robstar
10-04-2010, 12:40 AM
Do you remember that match? Dustin was in it

merhardt03
10-04-2010, 01:12 AM
Woooooosh.... Mmmmm ..... GOLDUST.... RAWR.

DarkSide
10-04-2010, 04:48 AM
I have been dropping Goldust's name in various threads proclaiming how awesome he is since he came back to WWE.

His 90's run was too over the top but his current run is just tongue-in-the-cheek enough to be entertaining. Besides he is waaay better the 90% of the current roster.

Pair him up with Kane in a stable along with Paul Bearer!! That would be a riot.

Tommy Thunder
10-04-2010, 07:34 AM
goldust is in the best shape of his career at the moment, i say give him a tag partner, and build on the altercation he had with cody before the HITC dark match, brother vs brother tag title feud!!

Bodom
10-04-2010, 09:13 AM
goldust is in the best shape of his career at the moment, i say give him a tag partner, and build on the altercation he had with cody before the HITC dark match, brother vs brother tag title feud!!

A feud with Goldust would be nice for a month, but it would honestly be a step down for Cody

Splattered-Dreams
10-04-2010, 10:37 AM
Great to see Dustin win a match at a PPV.

HEEL TURN - pick on Daniel Byran? thoughts?

Robstar
10-04-2010, 04:28 PM
A feud with Goldust would be nice for a month, but it would honestly be a step down for Cody

Not that it matters, but I can't agree with this. They stepped Cody down themselves by sticking him straight back where he was in Legacy - tag champ. Considering the percieved 'value' of that current belt, it's no 'thank you, here's a push' type of thing - more a 'we're going to need you to wait in line, here's a belt to keep you happy' thing.

As I have said before, WWE seems to want everyone to be on the top tier, meanwhile paying no attention to slowly building these guys up. Which is why Nexus is at the top at the moment - because WWE expects you to eat whatever they're feeding you; in this case throwing all these newbies at us and just telling us they're already top guys.

Tommy Thunder
10-04-2010, 05:14 PM

Like the other guy said, not really a step down for Cody, as he was meant to break into a major singles star after Legacy, but didn't. He's now back where he was before as a tag champ.
And why not see it as a step up for Goldust rather than a step down for Cody? Since coming back, Goldust has really worked hard to get back in shape, and should be rewarded for that!!

Bodom
10-04-2010, 05:25 PM
Like the other guy said, not really a step down for Cody, as he was meant to break into a major singles star after Legacy, but didn't. He's now back where he was before as a tag champ.
And why not see it as a step up for Goldust rather than a step down for Cody? Since coming back, Goldust has really worked hard to get back in shape, and should be rewarded for that!!

Except Goldust's time has come and gone. Goldust's only role should be to make other guys look good. They've given us no reason to take Goldust serious. They had him team with Yoshi, who they made out to be a jobber and dress like William Regal.

Disregarding his team with McIntyre, which is another issue. Why feud with Goldust? Because they're brothers? How would that benefit Cody? To made into a star and be his own character, he needs to step away from the shadow of Goldust even Dusty. If they build up Goldust as more than a comedy act I could get behind a feud between the two. Until then I just cant

Bodom
10-04-2010, 05:27 PM
As I have said before, WWE seems to want everyone to be on the top tier, meanwhile paying no attention to slowly building these guys up. Which is why Nexus is at the top at the moment - because WWE expects you to eat whatever they're feeding you; in this case throwing all these newbies at us and just telling us they're already top guys.

I couldn't possible agree with more on this. WWE has failed countless times at this recently.

evilgenius780
10-04-2010, 09:50 PM
I would love to see Goldust have a decent run, Ive always been a fan of his character...creepy as it is

Robstar
10-04-2010, 10:09 PM
I would love to see Goldust have a decent run, Ive always been a fan of his character...creepy as it is

And now we are gonna get it!!! The Million Dollar belt + Goldust = ratings success! Well ok, maybe I'm a bit excited, but oh yeah - Goldust! Goldust!! Goldust!!! It will probably just be to put Teddie over but who cares! I'd even accept the Million Dollar Championship as a new legitimate title

SilverGhost
10-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Lol yeah we found out that it was Goldust was after the Million Dollar championship xD

Necroyeti
10-04-2010, 10:53 PM
It will probably just be to put Teddie over but who cares!
http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/818/okwiththis.png
Ideally it would get both wrestlers over

Belzova
10-04-2010, 11:06 PM
I am very happy for Golderz. He is pretty darn funny. Him an that belt would make the greatest couple in wwe history. <333

SilverGhost
10-04-2010, 11:07 PM
I am very happy for Golderz. He is pretty darn funny. Him an that belt would make the greatest couple in wwe history. <333

-points to you- Yes! Win!

miraistreak
10-05-2010, 03:46 AM
Well if History shows anything, skill doesn't really matter. (Hogan, Cena) It's all about crowd reaction, since reaction = entertainment (normally). The fact is for whatever reason the fans still love Goldust. He gets decent reactions whenever he is in the ring, and even when he jobs he at least normally goes down fighting which helps build many of the superstars he's helped (him and Sheamus had a good feud on ECW for example).

However, like people have mentioned, he's in great shape right now, and he's over with the fans. That's what matters. Yeah he's old, but let's face it so's Kane, UT, HHH, Y2J, Mark Henry, R-Truth, Christian, Edge, Big Show, nearly the entire TNA Roster, I could go on. He's solid in the ring, he's over with the fans, and unlike some of the other midcarders (Bourne, Morrison, MVP) he's solid week in and week out.

Edit: Hell that final cut looked perfect.

Murphdogg4
10-05-2010, 03:53 AM
Too many wrestling fans trip on age, if a guy can still go you push him. It actually takes most guys till their in their 30's to really develop as a talent and understand the business. When you push guys just because they are young you get a mediocre product. Personally I think Dustin is a great worker. His move set looks realistic, he sells well. I do think he'd be more over as a heel because the kids don't get his persona as a face.

miraistreak
10-05-2010, 11:55 AM
Goldust as a heel would probably be better in the long run for his WWE run in theory, but speaking as the WWE likes to fire and hire Goldust like they're bipolar (which Vince acts like), if I was Goldust I'd stay as whatever the fans love me as. I actually like him as a face, but he is better as a heel you're right from a storyline standpoint (after the ted one of course).

Like in all honesty I bet Goldust (heel) vs Cena could actually be a good fued given that Goldust can carry a storyline fairly well, or even him and Kofi or Dolph over on Smackdown. Though I wish sometime before he does retire they put him in a brother vs brother storyline that they've been teasing for the better part of 2 years.

I'm just glad he's finally getting his first major storyline push since his feud with Sheamus last year.

Robstar
10-05-2010, 03:17 PM
Unfortunately I just realised the timing of the Goldust/Million Dollar Belt push comes on the eve of his book release. Unrelated? I think not! Still I hope that through this small window, Goldust can re-establish himself within the upper tier of WWE stars...

Bodom
10-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Unfortunately I just realised the timing of the Goldust/Million Dollar Belt push comes on the eve of his book release. Unrelated? I think not! Still I hope that through this small window, Goldust can re-establish himself within the upper tier of WWE stars...

Damn that's right. I forgot that his book is coming out soon.

Good point

Robstar
10-06-2010, 10:38 PM
***refresh!!!!***

SilverGhost
10-06-2010, 10:42 PM
Goldust and William Regal should team up with reversed attires again.

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-07-2010, 04:32 AM
Goldust and William Regal should team up with reversed attires again.

It would just be Booker T an Goldust all over again. Only this time Booker T is white an british.

Splattered-Dreams
10-07-2010, 07:39 AM
Any of you guys getting his book? i've heard great reviews. It might be the first wrestling book I buy since HBK's "Heartbreak & Triumph."

Nexus4Life
10-07-2010, 08:49 AM
if golust & regal did team up, it would give both men a chance of winning a tag title again? they both have gone a fair bit off time without a title run, even 3 wk's would be enough just for us fans!

Robstar
10-07-2010, 06:43 PM
So it looks like Goldie is going to "marry" Aksana then? If you're not one of the 5 people on here that might have watched NXT this week, they did a story where Aksana was being deported. So it's obvious to me that that is where it's going....

colonyink
10-08-2010, 07:19 AM
Goldie is great, but WWE is only giving him a wee push because he has a book coming out.