PDA

View Full Version : Darren Young and Matt Striker

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-10-2011, 03:14 PM
You don't have to watch this match, but I recommend you do before reading my comments.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5kZ-Yz9bmR0

The fact that both of these talents put on such a good match (although a bit sloppy in some points) makes me wonder why they're not featured more on the main shows. I mean, storyline wise, I can understand Darren Young, but Matt Striker? Striker surprised the hell out of me in this match. He showed me he can still work VERY well inside the ring. If that's the case, he needs to work more inside that ring and help put people over. I mean, WWE can use more talents to help make their upcoming talents look good.

Darren Young, IMO, is one of those talents that can wonders for the midcards if used correctly. He is a good wrestler, decent on the mic, and has a decent look to him. I'd love to see him and "Showtime" Percy Watson form a tag team and go for the championships. Maybe they'll do that later in the future.

Thoughts on Striker and Young?

Manabu
08-10-2011, 03:42 PM
young could definantly be a permanent midcard guy, which is kinda bad to say but I cant see him going anywhere better than that
as for striker, he was ok in the match, there was some sloppyness but overall an a decent match, Im not sure why striker stopped being a wrestler but I'd say his physique would be what would stop him from being an actual wrestler

jordan1995
08-10-2011, 03:45 PM
decent match tbh ...i like striker and young but i striker lacks height and big moves

Tommy Thunder
08-10-2011, 03:50 PM
Striker is actually a pretty good wrestler, so I wasn't surprised that this match turned out pretty good. If only they'd have Striker manage someone, so that he could get in the ring from time to time.

Y2J___Y2J
08-10-2011, 03:53 PM
Darren Young has little credibility in the IWC mainly because of the "black John Cena" thing LOL

IMO, he will never be pushed to anything major, i.e WWE title/ WHC
Possibly IC or US champ in maybe a year or two

VanHooliganX
08-10-2011, 04:18 PM
I like Darren Young but everytime I watch him wrestle I keep remembering his real name is Fred, he just doesn't look like a Fred to me :S

The_Awesome_One
08-10-2011, 04:28 PM
Yeah I don't know why Striker doesnt wrestle anymore he is pretty good, beleieve it or not Jack korpela is actually a decent wrestler to.

Russo swerve
08-10-2011, 04:36 PM
Darren young is a jobber

Reloval
08-10-2011, 04:58 PM
I was hoping when I clicked on this forum the content read "Have been future endeavered"

Bodom
08-10-2011, 05:52 PM
The fact that both of these talents put on such a good match (although a bit sloppy in some points) makes me wonder why they're not featured more on the main shows. I mean, storyline wise, I can understand Darren Young, but Matt Striker? Striker surprised the hell out of me in this match. He showed me he can still work VERY well inside the ring. If that's the case, he needs to work more inside that ring and help put people over. I mean, WWE can use more talents to help make their upcoming talents look good.

Darren Young, IMO, is one of those talents that can wonders for the midcards if used correctly. He is a good wrestler, decent on the mic, and has a decent look to him. I'd love to see him and "Showtime" Percy Watson form a tag team and go for the championships. Maybe they'll do that later in the future.

Thoughts on Striker and Young?

Matt Striker is never going to put anyone ever. It's just not gonna happen. You're never going to look impressive for beating a guy who's been holding a microphone for three years There's no way around that.

However, he's a great choice to help build in-ring confidence for the young guys. Which is exactly what he's doing here.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-10-2011, 06:28 PM
Matt Striker is never going to put anyone ever. It's just not gonna happen. You're never going to look impressive for beating a guy who's been holding a microphone for three years There's no way around that.

However, he's a great choice to help build in-ring confidence for the young guys. Which is exactly what he's doing here.
That's what I meant, pretty much. Although, don't you think making them looking good inside the ring could count as 'putting them over' as well?

Bodom
08-10-2011, 06:50 PM
That's what I meant, pretty much. Although, don't you think making them looking good inside the ring could count as 'putting them over' as well?

Eh..... not exactly. Not in this instance anyway. You're not going to get over by beating the backstage interviewer.

Young has the athleticism but he's always looked nervous and unsure of himself when he's out there. In his last few matches and segments with Striker he looks like he's been gaining confidence in himself.

tshizzy34
08-10-2011, 10:27 PM
Yet 2 more wasted talents courtesy of the WWE.

capn-edu
08-10-2011, 10:36 PM
I am a fan of Matt and always will
he is a bit rusty give him a couple of shows and he'll be doing miracles