PDA

View Full Version : William Regal and Matt Striker

KingOrton
08-10-2011, 11:20 AM
In my opinion, I believe these 2 should be the main Commentators for Raw. When Striker used to be on Smackdown I loved his work and now the bit on Superstars he has is still really good. And when I watch William Regal on NXT I also find his commentating really good. I think they would clash well together.

Here is how i'd have it:

NO 3 man commentating booths

Raw-

Play by play: Matt Striker
Color: William Regal

Smackdown-

Play by play: Josh Matthews
Color: Scott Stanford

Dude573
08-10-2011, 11:28 AM
I'm a big fan of their commentary too, but I absolutely love Heel Micheal Cole. I think people ignore how much he has improved from his early smack down days, he really suits the PG atmosphere as a heel.

KingOrton
08-10-2011, 11:35 AM
I'm a big fan of their commentary too, but I absolutely love Heel Micheal Cole. I think people ignore how much he has improved from his early smack down days, he really suits the PG atmosphere as a heel.

I find Cole annoying. There is a difference from being a heel to being annoying. I also have found Lawler and JR are past their time. And Booker T just sucks at commentating.

The_Awesome_One
08-10-2011, 11:39 AM
I find Cole annoying. There is a difference from being a heel to being annoying. I also have found Lawler and JR are past their time. And Booker T just sucks at commentating.

I find Booker funny........but not for good reasons

Rilla
08-10-2011, 11:40 AM
Make Matt and Regal SD commentators.

Keep King and JR on RAW, with Cole going to be a manager.

Put Booker back in the ring, or let him manage Kofi.

AOF666
08-10-2011, 11:41 AM
Cole is not that good, he doesn't play up the heel characters at all. All he does is focus on arguing with King or insulting J.R. J.R. is not pass his prime, he still good at his job, King on the other hand, gotten annoying. Now on topic, I haven't seen Regal's commentary, but I would to see WWE use him as a manager. He knows how o cut a promo and draw heat, he could help out someone who doesn't have mic skills..cough Kingston, cough Morisson, cough Del Rio.

zapphoman
08-10-2011, 11:42 AM

Hey JR deserves to be at that commentator table. Even if they have to keep the three man thing. But I do agree with you on Micheal Cole being really annoying and Matt Striker and Regal being Raw commentators.

KingOrton
08-10-2011, 11:42 AM
Cole is not that good, he doesn't play up the heel characters at all. All he does is focus on arguing with King or insulting J.R. J.R. is not pass his prime, he still good at his job, King on the other hand, gotten annoying. Now on topic, I haven't seen Regal's commentary, but I would to see WWE use him as a manager. He knows how o cut a promo and draw heat, he could help out someone who doesn't have mic skills..cough Kingston, cough Morisson, cough Del Rio.

Del Rio? Are you serious bro?

zapphoman
08-10-2011, 11:44 AM
Booker: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. lol Sorry had to get it off my chest.

Dude573
08-10-2011, 11:49 AM

The fact that you find him so annoying is the reason why he is honestly so good at his job though. He is able to make people hate him so easily, which is what makes him a good heel.

SESAfro
08-10-2011, 11:51 AM
Booker and Cole should be by themselves. Those two are hilarious together with their constant bickering. JR and King should stay on Raw and have a Striker, Regal, and Matthews rotate on Smackdown!.

KingOrton
08-10-2011, 11:55 AM
The fact that you find him so annoying is the reason why he is honestly so good at his job though. He is able to make people hate him so easily, which is what makes him a good heel.

I disagree. Wade Barrett is a heel but I don't find him annoying. So are you saying he isn't good at being a heel? Or CM Punk before he was a tweener or Sheamus before his face turn?

The fact is to be a good heel you don't need to be annoying. We hate him not because hes a heel because he sucks at his job.

zapphoman
08-10-2011, 11:59 AM
I don't think I would hate him so much if he wasn't on both shows. That is what I hate about him most of all and I have tried ignoring him but it's impossible when he a mic attached to his face the entire time.

The_Awesome_One
08-10-2011, 12:03 PM
I disagree. Wade Barrett is a heel but I don't find him annoying. So are you saying he isn't good at being a heel? Or CM Punk before he was a tweener or Sheamus before his face turn?

The fact is to be a good heel you don't need to be annoying. We hate him not because hes a heel because he sucks at his job.

I get what your saying, but there are different kinds of heels theres the Badass, the monster, the whinner, and many more

Dude573
08-10-2011, 12:08 PM

I'm not saying that, I'm saying there are more than just one type of heel. I mean look at The Miz, he is a good heel because he can get people to hate him so easily, and so many people do hate him. Barrett is British, and all Europeans make brilliant heels in the American companies, these guys get their stick, but guys like Cole and the Miz can just add that extra heat. The definition of the word heel is "a bad guy crowds are intended to boo", look how many boo's Cole gets from the audience, I'm sorry but if you get that much heat, your a good heel.

steveorton
08-10-2011, 12:20 PM
I don't want the Smackdown team to change, Booker, Cole and Josh mesh well together, it's also one of the reasons I watch Smackdown because they are entertaining as hell, but I do agree Striker is a great commentator, I'm jus sayin...

KingOrton
08-10-2011, 12:28 PM
I'm not saying that, I'm saying there are more than just one type of heel. I mean look at The Miz, he is a good heel because he can get people to hate him so easily, and so many people do hate him. Barrett is British, and all Europeans make brilliant heels in the American companies, these guys get their stick, but guys like Cole and the Miz can just add that extra heat. The definition of the word heel is "a bad guy crowds are intended to boo", look how many boo's Cole gets from the audience, I'm sorry but if you get that much heat, your a good heel.

Only thing is AND this could be just me but I consider myself a heel guy because I like The Miz, CM Punk, Wade Barrett, Cody Rhodes, Sheamus (When heel). But I do like my share of Faces aswell: John Cena (Yes I know), Randy Orton, Alex Riley and a few others. Now Cole I just cannot stand, sure sometimes he makes a good point and I enjoy him making fun of Booker but When he makes fun of JR its the same thing (YOUR FAT... BBQ SAUCE.... Ect..) It just gets annoying, I just feel like saying "Hey Cole, You're not in the best shape either". Now maybe it's just me but I find Cole should be off the announce booth because I do enjoy a little bit of cole (Manager?) But hearing him for 4 hours a week + another 3 if there is a PPV bugs the hell outta me.

RANT DONE ! :D

123mlewis
08-10-2011, 12:32 PM
Make Matt and Regal SD commentators.

Keep King and JR on RAW, with Cole going to be a manager.

Put Booker back in the ring, or let him manage Kofi. wait so booker manges kofi cus there both black cus that's there only similarity

Tommy Thunder
08-10-2011, 12:35 PM
The reason some people assume that JR is 'past his prime' is that he's gone very quiet compared to what he used to be. The reason for that is the overpowering heel Cole.
Cole has out-grown his role as a commentator, and he'd make a brilliant heel manager for an up and coming star.

Raw for me should have JR and King for now, but I'm of the opinion that King is coming to the end of his run. William Regal would be a great choice as the next color commentator. O'r, a long shot would be to try and get JBL back. I think him and JR would make a good pairing. Mick Foley is another option of course.

Smackdown should have Josh Matthews and Matt Striker. Matthews is a good play by play guy, and I find Striker a very good color commentator. Booker needs to get back in the ring IMO. I think he's slowly adapting to commentating, but I'd much rather him being used in the ring while he can still go, and he CAN still go with the best of them.

I also believe that Stanford and Korpella have future roles on WWE's main shows. Both have adapted to be great play by play wrestling commentators.

I think Todd Grisham is surplus to requirements. He was good on ECW with Striker, and he had a decent run as Smackdown's play by play, but he's slipped so far down the pecking order now, and WWE have so many other options, they should just release him.

Regal>Cena
08-10-2011, 12:35 PM
As much as I like Regal, I don't think he makes a good commentator. On NXT he seems to be regularly stuck for something to say, other than when sharing anecdotes about old wrestlers.

I think as a manager he would work much better, but he ought to stay away from the commentary booth. Matt Striker is very good in my opinion, and worked well with Josh Matthews who I think is very underrated.

KingOrton
08-10-2011, 12:39 PM
and I find Striker a very good color commentator.

Although I don't disagree I find Striker good at play by play as he can actually call the moves right unlike Cole.

Cole : A hard hitting maneuver right there (CALL IT WHAT IT IS)

steveorton
08-10-2011, 12:41 PM
wait so booker manges kofi cus there both black cus that's there only similarity

I loled at this, I'm jus sayin...

The_Awesome_One
08-10-2011, 12:42 PM
wait so booker manges kofi cus there both black cus that's there only similarity

You said that.......

it could work though, i remember when kofi had the intercontinental title booker was saying he was under used and was taking bad matches whatever that meams

Y2J___Y2J
08-10-2011, 12:42 PM
Personally I like the 3 man Raw team. As long as Cole stops bickering with King & JR. Last Monday they did well I thought.
Smackdown - Well Booker is fairly shit but I lol at the shit he says.. really funny
Josh Matthews, Matt Striker and Booker is what I would personally like on SD but I guess I'll have to stick it out with Cole

zapphoman
08-10-2011, 12:46 PM
Although I don't disagree I find Striker good at play by play as he can actually call the moves right unlike Cole.

^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^

the-rocks-stunner
08-10-2011, 01:08 PM
i hate striker he calls the world heavyweight championship ''worlds'' HC

KingOrton
08-10-2011, 01:11 PM
i hate striker he calls the world heavyweight championship ''worlds'' HC

It sounds better IMO

Rilla
08-10-2011, 01:48 PM

Yes. because their both black.

Not because Booker might actually do him any good.

I like the black reasoning.

FaceOfSpades
08-10-2011, 02:10 PM

(Announcer)
Booker T, kofi kingston, the raaaaaaaastaaaaaaaas!
(Here I come by barrington levy blasts thru the speakers)
Here they come, wide-eyed as ever, shaking their dreads

steveorton
08-10-2011, 02:18 PM
(Announcer)
Booker T, kofi kingston, the raaaaaaaastaaaaaaaas!
(Here I come by barrington levy blasts thru the speakers)
Here they come, wide-eyed as ever, shaking their dreads

Tune boi tune lol, I'm jus sayin...

bcfccalum
08-10-2011, 02:37 PM

yeah like the countless times cole has referred to a simple headlock as the anaconda vise -_-

it just depends on who you are and who you prefer like myself i prefer most heel superstars, such as CM Punk, christian, miz, del rio, r-truth. i find people like kingston, orton and mysterio annoying. being heel is not about being annoying its just about being able to draw heat and get a reaction.

p.s surprised no one has mentioned joey styles for commentary

Incubus_99
08-10-2011, 03:05 PM
wasn't joey styles supposed to come back to commentary on Superstars or something?...and what the hell is it with Booker getting the names of the moves wrong?...last week on smackdown he actually called a Spinebuster a Sidewalk Slam!...and this is not his first...:p...

AOF666
08-10-2011, 03:25 PM
wasn't joey styles supposed to come back to commentary on Superstars or something?...and what the hell is it with Booker getting the names of the moves wrong?...last week on smackdown he actually called a Spinebuster a Sidewalk Slam!...and this is not his first...:p...

Booker T got knocked in the head one to many times.

Incubus_99
08-11-2011, 01:28 AM
I think its the Spineroonis...:p...