PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Notice The Bait And Switch? (WWE Championship)

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-10-2011, 09:48 AM
Since "Money In The Bank", CM Punk has been sporting the REAL WWE Championship everywhere. and John Cena has obviously been sporting the NEW WWE Championship. You can tell because it's faded, worn and not as shiny as the NEW WWE Championship. Well, upon re-watching RAW from this past Monday night, I noticed that CM Punk was the one who had the NEW WWE Championship. I wonder if this signals what we're all hoping it doesn't?

Enforcer23
08-10-2011, 09:51 AM
ohh fuck sakes i knew it haahha....nah all seriousness i dont think it is signaling to anything i really believe there ganna introduce a new title after SS

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-10-2011, 09:54 AM
ohh fuck sakes i knew it haahha....nah all seriousness i dont think it is signaling to anything i really believe there ganna introduce a new title after SS

I hope so man. Because if Cena wins, my whole "Enthuasiam" about THE 'E will change DRASTICALLY lol.

Enforcer23
08-10-2011, 09:56 AM
I hope so man. Because if Cena wins, my whole "Enthuasiam" about THE 'E will change DRASTICALLY lol.

yeah cause here there making out as if its a new era...if punk loses it will show that its no where near it and wwe have lost that mojo which will dissapoint me so much...to me cm punk wins at SS shows a new belt at raw next night has his match agiasnt rey wins that then del rio comes out and he kicks his head into :D all for punk

johnnydropkicks
08-10-2011, 10:00 AM
no. Punk's got the same belt he always had. they just made a beefy one for Cena now. probably they were just waiting on it and that's why they had him use the other one. I don't think it's real gold though by the way it shines. I still think it's fake.

akgator1
08-10-2011, 10:24 AM
Neither are a brand new belt. The one Cena has been using is either his personally from an old title reign that they let him keep or a backup from WWE stock. Cenas has jewels missing out of it, and I can tell it is an older version. I am hoping but not getting them up they will introduce a new Undisputed belt after SS, but doubt it.

tshizzy34
08-10-2011, 11:14 AM
Didn't notice, because I was to busy listening to pipe bombs exploding around Punk lol.

johnnydropkicks
08-10-2011, 11:17 AM
no Rob's right Cena's belt did change but it's not Punk's.

Y2J___Y2J
08-10-2011, 11:26 AM
I don't think it really means anything tbh, But would like to see WWE change the belt.
I doubt they will though because they're making money off kids buying the belt

AOF666
08-10-2011, 11:28 AM
I noticed it, looks like somehow they swap belts or something.

Automatic
08-10-2011, 11:31 AM
Cena's belt is probably the belt you can buy on WWEshop.com.

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-10-2011, 12:03 PM
CM Punk better win. That's all I'm saying regarding this subject.

Bodom
08-10-2011, 12:07 PM
They figured Cena was going to win the belt anyway.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-10-2011, 12:50 PM
They figured Cena was going to win the belt anyway.

So they might as well just give him the new one anyway? Poop.

Freacshow
08-10-2011, 01:03 PM
When I was watching Monday night raw during the promo for the wwe championship I am pretty sure I saw a new belt, in the background. It was similar to the world heavyweight but a bit different with new certain piece in it... just I remember seeing two eagles on the side of the belt.

imswm
08-10-2011, 03:45 PM
yeah cause here there making out as if its a new era...if punk loses it will show that its no where near it and wwe have lost that mojo which will dissapoint me so much

Nothing personal, but bringing back JR and having Cena at least one champ doesn't exactly spell "new era" in bold letters, anyway. Sad to say, I wouldn't get hopes up too high, Punk fans. Not with Rock looming so large over the big picture and the alleged appearance at Survivors. That certainly doesn't give much indication it won't be going back to business as usual soon...unfortunately.

ratedy2jayz
08-10-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm pretty confident they're getting a new title. Cena said on twitter hes been pushing for a new one for a while now.

No_1eddiefan
08-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Yeah they definitely need a new one.

Hopefully this 'undisputed' stuff pays off- and they get a new belt to work with that.

Synned
08-10-2011, 06:33 PM
Since "Money In The Bank", CM Punk has been sporting the REAL WWE Championship everywhere. and John Cena has obviously been sporting the NEW WWE Championship. You can tell because it's faded, worn and not as shiny as the NEW WWE Championship. Well, upon re-watching RAW from this past Monday night, I noticed that CM Punk was the one who had the NEW WWE Championship. I wonder if this signals what we're all hoping it doesn't?

To be honest, i noticed the belt that CM punk had his nameplate on it,when he returned with it. Now the question is,was all this planed from the start? or did punk order the nameplate from WWEshop.com?

(that and yes i did notice the belt thing)

MattTY2JHBK
08-10-2011, 07:41 PM
It seems pretty pointless if they had swapped because I'd imagine whoever wins at SummerSlam will be celebrating with both belts anyway!

RomanFlare
08-10-2011, 07:43 PM
It seems pretty pointless if they had swapped because I'd imagine whoever wins at SummerSlam will be celebrating with both belts anyway!

This. I think the winner should carry both for a few weeks to emphasis their win.

MattTY2JHBK
08-10-2011, 07:53 PM
This. I think the winner should carry both for a few weeks to emphasis their win.

This. :D But it would be cool if they did introduce a new WWE title belt a few weeks later. They have made one. And the old one is getting kinda tacky IMO.....

IrkenInvader
08-10-2011, 09:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEooeVbA4U8&feature=related