PDA

View Full Version : Spoilers for Friday Night Smackdown 8/12

Dashing Rachel
08-09-2011, 11:38 PM
This:
http://www.lordsofpain.net/reports/wwe/smackdown/LIVE_SPOILERS_FOR_THIS_WEEK_S_WWE_SMACKDOWN_8_12_1 1.html

Ruthless_Aggression
08-09-2011, 11:41 PM
A little bothered because its yet another match that is off the Summerslam card.

RagingBallsFTW
08-09-2011, 11:41 PM
Why didn't this just happen at the PPV? Which is only 5 days from now? Especially when you have only 4 matches announced so far.

Dashing Rachel
08-09-2011, 11:49 PM
Maybe the Summerslam matches are gonna be long as explained in this article:
http://www.cagesideseats.com/2011/8/9/2354512/expect-summerslam-to-feature-only-four-matches

The_Awesome_One
08-10-2011, 05:02 AM
So its happened then Cody is now the Intercontinental title I suppose it was only a matter of time. But I just wish that they had the match at Summerslam rather than just 2 days before, since the midcard titles badly need some high profile matches to help with their prestige.

like this
http://i52.tinypic.com/fardbt.jpg

Dude573
08-10-2011, 06:35 AM
I just wanted to say how happy I am that Cody was given the IC title; yet at the same time, how disappointed I am that he didn't win it at Summerslam. It kinda reminded me of Wade Barrett winning the same title on an episode of SD before the ppv. Anyone else sensing they want the midcarders off the big stage?

Dude573
08-10-2011, 06:40 AM
Sorry man, I never knew someone posted the topic before me, I made a separate thread about the same thing haha.

I was majorly disappointed he didn't capture it at summerslam. If you remember they did the same to Wade Barrett when he beat Kofi Kingston a week before a ppv, it seems they don't want the midcarders at their main events.

LMPunker
08-10-2011, 06:59 AM
i think they are concidering having punk cena go for quite a while or have del rio cash in but dont want to shoot themselves in the foot by annuncing and having to cut it short or scrapping it alltogether i am happy for cody think he'll bring prestigue to the intercontinental championship and having him win it on smackdown 2 days before the ppv gives every chance that big zeke will get his rematch at summerslam

Manabu
08-10-2011, 07:03 AM
Cody was probably the best option for the belt, he can be entertaining and deserves it. Zeke no way deserved the belt and is immensly boring, his brawling style is terrible with the the shoulder block clothesline 5 bodyslams torture rack

Dude573
08-10-2011, 07:07 AM
Cody was probably the best option for the belt, he can be entertaining and deserves it. Zeke no way deserved the belt and is immensly boring, his brawling style is terrible with the the shoulder block clothesline 5 bodyslams torture rack

I agree, I don't think Barrett should have lost it to Zeke. I was really praying for a 5man scramble match for the IC title where Cody could win.

HeelTurn
08-10-2011, 07:11 AM
2 things here, firstly thank God Big Zeke dropped the belt, and Cody was a great choice, he deserves it.

Also this should have been at Summerslam, so far 4 matches isnt enough. Even if the matches are longer, look at the talent missing from the card, and I cannot see the divas match going beyond 10 minutes.

steveorton
08-10-2011, 07:29 AM
I just wanted to say how happy I am that Cody was given the IC title; yet at the same time, how disappointed I am that he didn't win it at Summerslam. It kinda reminded me of Wade Barrett winning the same title on an episode of SD before the ppv. Anyone else sensing they want the midcarders off the big stage?

I for one am very happy that Cody won the title, I am a huge Cody fan, all Rhodes lead to Victory. 1 last thing I just don't get why they couldn't have given him the win on SS but probably Zeke will take his rematch at SS or something, I'm jus sayin...

Manabu
08-10-2011, 07:57 AM
I for one am very happy that Cody won the title, I am a huge Cody fan, all Rhodes lead to Victory. 1 last thing I just don't get why they couldn't have given him the win on SS but probably Zeke will take his rematch at SS or something, I'm jus sayin...

zeke is just that bad of a champion haha, I hated his entire reign

HeelTurn
08-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Zeke was boring and Barrett should never have dropped the belt to him. Cody as champ is a ray of light, and is deserved. Should have happened at Summerslam though, a big win on the big stage.

FLWWEFan
08-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Good for Cody, he was deserving of a title around his waist. Great in ring skills and getting good on the mic. Looking for big things from him in the future.

The_Awesome_One
08-10-2011, 08:15 AM
Cough http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/forumdisplay.php?27-SmackDown! Cough

in are seriousness though I really don't get it, unless they are wanting the main event matches to be long

steveorton
08-10-2011, 08:37 AM
zeke is just that bad of a champion haha, I hated his entire reign

Quoted for the truth, I just can't cheer this guy on, he's so boring, I'm jus sayin...

AOF666
08-10-2011, 08:37 AM
Now that Cody is champ, I hope they make the IC belt important again like it use to.

the wrestling shade
08-10-2011, 09:31 AM
Anyone else sensing they want the midcarders off the big stage?
In my openion this might be it. However its wrong that they did it this way, because if all of us knows something that is Cody Rhodes has the ability to preform a good if not great PPV matches (his Match with Rey Mysterio at Extreme Rules). But looks like they want to keep the Focus only on the World Heavyweight and the WWE Title scenes.

Enforcer23
08-10-2011, 09:36 AM
def should of been made for SS but its good to see cody with gold and the IC title is great for him im pree happy his hard work has gotten him something

KingOrton
08-10-2011, 09:52 AM
all Rhodes lead to Victory.

This should be his catch phrase after this "Undashing" gimmick. I can see it.

steveorton
08-10-2011, 09:56 AM
This should be his catch phrase after this "Undashing" gimmick. I can see it.

Yes it could definitely work, I saw it in a blog once and I thought it was very well thought of, I'm jus sayin...

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-10-2011, 09:57 AM
I really wish people could post SPOILERS in the actual area of this entire board that is dedicated to SPOILERS!!! I don't care that you put Spoiler up to detract people from seeing this, I don't care that Cody won. But now, this thread will show up on the main page and people who are thinking it might be something small are seeing that it's actually quite a god spoiler. I just don't understand how people can't post threads in the proper areas. Is it that difficult?

VanHooliganX
08-10-2011, 10:10 AM
Christian and Cody champs on Smackdown.

Sounds so much better than Orton and Big Zeke :)

Dude573
08-10-2011, 10:24 AM
I really wish people could post SPOILERS in the actual area of this entire board that is dedicated to SPOILERS!!! I don't care that you put Spoiler up to detract people from seeing this, I don't care that Cody won. But now, this thread will show up on the main page and people who are thinking it might be something small are seeing that it's actually quite a god spoiler. I just don't understand how people can't post threads in the proper areas. Is it that difficult?

Rob, shut up.
1) I've addressed the fact its a spoiler, whether its large or small, I have alerted any potential readers.
2) I have apologized to others who posted similar threads on this topic, I was unaware at the time.
3) I don't use this website that often, so I just post where I see other people posting.
4) Your the only person complaining.
5) If your throwing a tantrum over this, I suggest you get a nice cup of coffee, sit down and spare a few moments to think about the direction of your life.

tshizzy34
08-10-2011, 11:11 AM
It's about time he got the belt, he more than deserved it!

No_1eddiefan
08-10-2011, 11:19 AM
This is well overdue. Rhodes is the best up and coming star on Smackdown and with this reign, hopefully he will be pushed into the main event scene.

I hope this feud with Wade and Bryan will also push those two into the main event.

I'm sick of seeing Orton, Christian, Sheamus & Henry in the main event of Smackdown.

But back on topic, Rhodes deserved that title more than any mid-carder on that show. For once, WWE have done something with a mid-card title that I like!

But yeah, 2 days before Summerslam? Really? Really? Really? Considering they only have probably 5 matches, with Wade vs. Bryan sure to be, announced for the show. This feud has been building, so it would have been great to see on PPV.

Still, hopefully this means big things for Rhodes in the near future.

Y2J___Y2J
08-10-2011, 11:23 AM
I haven't read the spoilers yet but I would think Cody vs Ezekiel will take place at Summerslam for his rematch or something

SAVE_US.YSJ
08-10-2011, 08:54 PM
I think WWE is going to have a rematch at SummerSlam but I doubt it because they are making matches longer at PPV's.

capn-edu
08-10-2011, 10:50 PM
RHODES CHAMPION!!!!!!! WU WU WU
thats all that matter
prestige later :D

Dashing Rachel
08-10-2011, 11:28 PM
I think WWE is going to have a rematch at SummerSlam but I doubt it because they are making matches longer at PPV's.

I don't think so as this link explains:
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/WWE_Studios_Exec_Departs_the_Company_News_on_Punk-Cena_at_SummerSlam.html

Marx
08-12-2011, 10:00 AM
I just watched Smackdown (so spoiler alert) and was kinda disappointed with the Johnny Curtis debut. I thought the vignettes were funny, they at least had me curious (I don't watch NXT, so don't know if the guy can go)..

Why take a few weeks to build anticipation towards a dude just to have him squashed by Mark Henry? The entrances took longer than the actual match. Debuting against Henry is fine, losing isn't to big of a deal (Henry is the monster heel of the moment), but why the squash? A debut can be done once, why job him out to this degree? Were Vance Archer and Trent Baretta busy?

I don't like 'WWE dropped the ball'-comments, and Curtis isn't that important yet, but I really don't understand why they did it this way. Makes me fear what they are going to do with him next.. does anyone have a clue? Isn't he entitled to a title match?