PDA

View Full Version : Cena/Punk PTI Reference!

JohnnyPhantom
08-09-2011, 04:36 PM
I just turned on ESPN to catch the beginning on Pardon the Interuption and the topic of Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow QB Battle in Denver came up. One of the hosts (a new guy i dont remember his name) compared that battle to the matchup between Cena and Punk.

Comparing Orton to Cena and Tebow to Punk. Saying that Punk is the Fan Fav and will win at Summerslam, naming the event and saying Tebow would win out the QB job in Denver.

Just thought it was a funny comparison and i wasnt sure if anyone else caught it. :D

RomanFlare
08-09-2011, 04:39 PM
I just turned on ESPN to catch the beginning on Pardon the Interuption and the topic of Kyle Orton and Tim Tebow QB Battle in Denver came up. One of the hosts (a new guy i dont remember his name) compared that battle to the matchup between Cena and Punk.

Comparing Orton to Cena and Tebow to Punk. Saying that Punk is the Fan Fav and will win at Summerslam, naming the event and saying Tebow would win out the QB job in Denver.

Just thought it was a funny comparison and i wasnt sure if anyone else caught it. :D

I did! It was great! ESPN has had the 'E on a lot lately, for some reason. Some of the anchors are HUGE wrestling fans, and the Coach is one of the anchors.

StevenT8481
08-09-2011, 05:08 PM
that was Bill Simmons.
same guy who wrote the piece on Theme Music and did the interview with Punk.

KJ PUNK
08-09-2011, 05:17 PM
It was Bill Simmons. He has written many wrestling-related columns and has had CM Punk, Miz and Shawn Michaels on his ESPN podcast.

CMRyder
08-09-2011, 06:15 PM
That one dude was like "We don't do WWE on here" Lol

dres1214
08-09-2011, 06:37 PM
I think its great that ESPN is getting more involved with wrestling as a whole. WWE is talked about more since it's the biggest promotion at the moment and loves the mainstream media attention. But I think Coach being there, he has helped WWE out. That's my opinion.

JohnnyPhantom
08-09-2011, 09:34 PM
I thought it was Simmons. I read a lot of his stuff i just havent ever put a face to his writing.

alexrules01
08-10-2011, 04:15 AM
Comparing Orton to Cena

Had to lol at this

Juvenile Junkie
08-10-2011, 10:15 AM
That one dude was like "We don't do WWE on here" Lol

Mike Willibom.

so if Kyle orton is john cena,does that make AJ Styles Peyton Manning??