PDA

View Full Version : HIAC live thoughts thread !!!

the-rocks-stunner
10-03-2010, 05:29 PM
1hour 30 mins left :)

the-rocks-stunner
10-03-2010, 06:42 PM
20mins people!!!

DirtySteal
10-03-2010, 07:11 PM
WOO! for cattle mutilation! I marked out a little.

the-rocks-stunner
10-03-2010, 07:35 PM
cole mentions hhh name :)

The Hipster
10-03-2010, 08:10 PM
Orton wins, no shocker but a good fight! Read my other thread about a face turn. Just before his music hit :)

JimmytheBlack
10-03-2010, 08:38 PM
Edge beats Jack Swagger......because Alberto Del Rio was in the ring talking about his PPV. Yet, he doesn't even have a match. Even though he sits there and cuts a promo with Edge. Enter Swagger for no reason, then queue raw GM. Yeah, at a PPV, and it's Swagger/Edge.

The Hipster
10-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Holy crap! Cena lost!

DirtySteal
10-03-2010, 09:01 PM
***SPOILER***

The best part of this entire PPV was Wade Barrett kicking out of the AA.

I actually enjoyed that match too, many spots where I thought Cena would win.
Now is the era of the CeNexus with rookies from Season 2 of NXT. That guy that hit Cena was clearly Husky Harries.

Daniel Bryan
10-03-2010, 09:04 PM
holy crap! Cena lost!

hurray!!!!!

Daniel Bryan
10-03-2010, 09:05 PM
i like the fan coming to the rescue the most lol and then the ref put him in a headlock lol

The Hipster
10-03-2010, 09:22 PM
I couldn't what other seaon two rookie he was

AndyWonder
10-03-2010, 09:29 PM
I just don't like the idea of Cena losing. What....is Wade Barrett now gonna be handed the WWE title just because Cena is his whipping boy?

Daniel Bryan
10-03-2010, 09:41 PM
I just don't like the idea of Cena losing. What....is Wade Barrett now gonna be handed the WWE title just because Cena is his whipping boy?

i truthfully loved it bc i didnt expect it even with the survivor series poster being nexus and i cant imagine where this storyline will go now and i cant wait to watch raw tomorrow

eyehatecena
10-03-2010, 09:43 PM
wait, wwe actually let their golden boy lose? It needed to happen- just to shake things up. At least it will not be the same old Cena crap- unless creative drops the ball on the storyline.

jcagosto
10-03-2010, 09:45 PM
UT vs Kane, sucked, PG-13 policy certainly affected the outcome of this match. Horrible stuff.

chaos75
10-03-2010, 09:45 PM
They'll probably have some reason for Cena not joining the Nexus, probably GM interferes and says somthing about the "fans" interfering

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
10-03-2010, 09:52 PM
UT vs Kane, sucked, PG-13 policy certainly affected the outcome of this match. Horrible stuff.

How did "PG-13 policy" effect the match in any way? The match was at least 10X better than the bore fest they put on @ Night of Champions. I called the shocker, but I'm sure it was a surprise to most and it gives this rivalry a huge momentum boost.

Daniel Bryan
10-03-2010, 09:57 PM
How did "PG-13 policy" effect the match in any way? The match was at least 10X better than the bore fest they put on @ Night of Champions. I called the shocker, but I'm sure it was a surprise to most and it gives this rivalry a huge momentum boost.

100% agree

AndyWonder
10-03-2010, 09:58 PM
The GM can't reverse anything because the no interference rule was only applied to Nexus members. We should have known that outside figures would have gotten involved.
They'll probably have some reason for Cena not joining the Nexus, probably GM interferes and says somthing about the "fans" interfering

AndyWonder
10-03-2010, 10:01 PM
And it was stupid to have Paul Bearer come back as Taker's savior if after only a week and a half he would turn against him.

Scottland
10-03-2010, 10:14 PM
Well, Cena losing is NO surprise since I've been saying it let alone it was practically a given on many elements that Cena would lose. So, now Cena is with Nexus & it seems they are going to be adding some guys from NXT season 2 to Nexus. The way things are probably going to go is Nexus is going to go on a run for the next couple of weeks probably win the Bragging Rights trophy but like I have said the whole Nexus storyline will come to an end at Survivor Series. Now the question is who will be the one to disband the Nexus?

I have a funny feeling WWE is planning for "The Apex Predator/The Viper" Randy Orton to be the man to end Nexus. WWE has been pushing Orton to become the top guy. So, what would be better then have him be the man to put the venom into the end Nexus.

BevinBoyz
10-03-2010, 10:22 PM
Cena joining Nexus might turn out to be like HBK working for JBL...... WWE does tend to use same storylines with tiny tweeks.

SilverGhost
10-03-2010, 10:31 PM
The Cena-Barrett match and the triple threat submission match was good matches of the night.

JoMoInSloMo
10-03-2010, 10:37 PM
joe hennig was the fan who ran in and husky hit cena

SilverGhost
10-03-2010, 10:39 PM
It fits. The last guy was a heavy set guy.

Daniel Bryan
10-03-2010, 10:42 PM
Well, Cena losing is NO surprise since I've been saying it let alone it was practically a given on many elements that Cena would lose. So, now Cena is with Nexus & it seems they are going to be adding some guys from NXT season 2 to Nexus. The way things are probably going to go is Nexus is going to go on a run for the next couple of weeks probably win the Bragging Rights trophy but like I have said the whole Nexus storyline will come to an end at Survivor Series. Now the question is who will be the one to disband the Nexus?

I have a funny feeling WWE is planning for "The Apex Predator/The Viper" Randy Orton to be the man to end Nexus. WWE has been pushing Orton to become the top guy. So, what would be better then have him be the man to put the venom into the end Nexus.

no it wont be randy orton... he is still feuding with sheamus but HHH is suppose to return soon so i think he is a huge possibility

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
10-03-2010, 10:43 PM
And it was stupid to have Paul Bearer come back as Taker's savior if after only a week and a half he would turn against him.

No I think it's brilliant. Due to them only having 2 weeks time to build proper momentum to this match, they needed to add a cretain flair to it. I assume the reasoning for Paul Bearer's heel turn will be because the Undertaker buried him in cement the last time we saw him. Plus it keeps the rivalry going with Taker/Kane and makes both kane and taker look strong.

Daniel Bryan
10-03-2010, 10:50 PM
No I think it's brilliant. Due to them only having 2 weeks time to build proper momentum to this match, they needed to add a cretain flair to it. I assume the reasoning for Paul Bearer's heel turn will be because the Undertaker buried him in cement the last time we saw him. Plus it keeps the rivalry going with Taker/Kane and makes both kane and taker look strong.

i heard they brought him back also to help with the retiring the undertaker with a buried alive match coming up sooner than later

Scottland
10-03-2010, 10:50 PM
no it wont be randy orton... he is still feuding with sheamus but HHH is suppose to return soon so i think he is a huge possibility

Orton's feud with Sheamus is pretty much over especially after tonight let alone Triple H is going to be coming back (possibly at Bragging Rights but according to sources it will be at Suvivor Series) to get redemption on Sheamus for putting him "out of action". Orton is clearly the guy now to take on Nexus. Plus, wouldn't it make sense for Nexus (now with Cena) to go after the man with the WWE title? It makes perfect sense. Nexus wants to "take over" the WWE & the one thing that would put them in complete control of doing that is to take out Orton & get his title.

Daniel Bryan
10-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Orton's feud with Sheamus is pretty much over especially after tonight let alone Triple H is going to be coming back (possibly at Bragging Rights but according to sources it will be at Suvivor Series) to get redemption on Sheamus for putting him "out of action". Orton is clearly the guy now to take on Nexus. Plus, wouldn't it make sense for Nexus (now with Cena) to go after the man with the WWE title? It makes perfect sense. Nexus wants to "take over" the WWE & the one thing that would put them in complete control of doing that is to take out Orton & get his title.

i still dont see that happening bc orton isnt involved in that he isnt face or heel so he wont get involved with that stuff

Scottland
10-03-2010, 10:54 PM
i heard they brought him back also to help with the retiring the undertaker with a buried alive match coming up sooner than later

I seriously hope you don't think Undertaker is going to be retiring at Survivor Series in a Buried Alive Match? He's not retiring at least until after Wrestlemania. The reason I say that is reports have it that WWE is already planning a storyline for The Undertaker to take on Sheamus at Wrestlemania. Undertaker is NOT retiring this year but possibly sometime next year but then again, this whole Undertaker "retiring" thing is pure speculation as no one really knows what Taker's plans are.

NWOMyGawd
10-03-2010, 10:56 PM
i still dont see that happening bc orton isnt involved in that he isnt face or heel so he wont get involved with that stuff

That's the point. WWE is trying to push Orton as a face. Although it will probably destroy his character like what happened to Cena.

Scottland
10-03-2010, 10:59 PM

Yes, you are correct Orton isn't a face or a heel. He's a tweener. Which is technically the rare anti-hero type. Orton has had his incidents with Nexus. Why would Triple H get involved? He hasn't been around at all through the whole Nexus thing let alone everything is clearly pointing to Triple H facing off against Sheamus. If by some chance it's not Orton going to take out Nexus the only other person would be the Big Show simply because of the recent altercations.

Daniel Bryan
10-03-2010, 11:01 PM
I seriously hope you don't think Undertaker is going to be retiring at Survivor Series in a Buried Alive Match? He's not retiring at least until after Wrestlemania. The reason I say that is reports have it that WWE is already planning a storyline for The Undertaker to take on Sheamus at Wrestlemania. Undertaker is NOT retiring this year but possibly sometime next year but then again, this whole Undertaker "retiring" thing is pure speculation as no one really knows what Taker's plans are.

why do you think i wrote about the buried alive thing... i saw reports too

xStraightxEdgexSaviorx
10-03-2010, 11:02 PM
That's the point. WWE is trying to push Orton as a face. Although it will probably destroy his character like what happened to Cena.

It's not that the WWE is trying to push randy as a face, it's that he IS a face. He clearly gets the most pop in the industry right now, and it's because of his character. The WWE did not change SCSA's character when he turned face, and they clearly don't want to do the same with Orton. His viper gimmick has been unbelievably sucessful as of right now, and I highly doubt the WWE would do anything to change that, espescially if it's making money.

Scottland
10-03-2010, 11:04 PM

I don't think Orton going against Nexus would hurt him at all let alone WWE doesn't seem to be changing Orton's character. Orton is Orton. He's still truly sadistic. If WWE was truly wanting to change Orton they would make him interact with the fans which Orton hasn't done. If anything WWE is trying to make Orton like bada$$ somewhat like Austin was where he did what he want, when he want. Orton is clearly the man right now especially with the fans. It doesn't matter who Orton's facing as the guy is just liked by the fans. Even when he went against Cena recently on RAW, Orton was clearly the favorite among the fans.

Scottland
10-03-2010, 11:06 PM
It's not that the WWE is trying to push randy as a face, it's that he IS a face. He clearly gets the most pop in the industry right now, and it's because of his character. The WWE did not change SCSA's character when he turned face, and they clearly don't want to do the same with Orton. His viper gimmick has been unbelievably sucessful as of right now, and I highly doubt the WWE would do anything to change that, espescially if it's making money.

You said it pretty much spot on other then the fact that Orton is technically a tweener not a face. He just gets the face reaction from the crowd.

Scottland
10-03-2010, 11:13 PM
why do you think i wrote about the buried alive thing... i saw reports too

I know you mentioned the Buried Alive Match but you said he would retire in that match when in fact the Buried Alive Match is suppose to happen at Survivor Series which is to end the Kane-Taker storyline. If anything Undertaker will win that match. If Undertaker is going to do his last match it will be at Wrestlemania. The man is going to go out on top which there is no question about that let alone Undertaker' streak isn't going to end either.

Necroyeti
10-03-2010, 11:18 PM
Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz vs. JoMo (10/10) - Predictable, but FANTASTIC match... Cattle mutilation! Tarantula! Texas cloverleaf! HAAS OF PAIN! Damn, I was marking out left and right. And JoMo's jump was probably the first time I've heard a "that was awesome" chant in WWE in eons. Match of the night, possibly a MOTY contender (for WWE, anyway)

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus - (7/10) Pretty solid for what it was, seemed worse considering it followed that opening match and it's a hell in a cell match. I lol'd hard at Striker calling Randy 'Randall'. Nice length.

Edge vs. Jack Swagger - (7/10) I like Edge's recent "crusader against stupidity" pseudo-gimmick. Another great match, that enziguri counter was golden and well sold. (I was convinced it was a botch at first) Swagger did well, he earned more respect from me tonight.

Wade Barrett vs. John Cena (8/10) - Marked out like a madman. It'll be dissected by the internet for weeks, so I'll be brief:
Woi Barreh hardly botching at all. In fact, Woi Barreh doing very well. Removing Nexus early and getting the "five moves" over with quickly: totally threw me off my predictions. Matt Striker's hilarious commentary. (can't remember the exact quote) Both kick out of each others finishers. Not immediately tapping out to the STF. McGilligenesis? Delicious crowd reaction shots. THIS (http://twitter.com/JoeyStyles/status/26323028560). Oh good God, don't fuck this up WWE.

Natalya vs. Michelle McCool (2/10) - What's the point? Lol'd at more Striker commentary though, "who throws a shoe? she's a real heel" oh my.

Taker vs. Kane (5/10) - Bog standard match that didn't even need to take place in a cell, really. Very predictable ending if you know the Taker-Kane history ((almost)13th year anniversary of Kane's debut in the first HIAC match, Taker burying Bearer six years ago)

Daniel Bryan
10-03-2010, 11:20 PM
I know you mentioned the Buried Alive Match but you said he would retire in that match when in fact the Buried Alive Match is suppose to happen at Survivor Series which is to end the Kane-Taker storyline. If anything Undertaker will win that match. If Undertaker is going to do his last match it will be at Wrestlemania. The man is going to go out on top which there is no question about that let alone Undertaker' streak isn't going to end either.

no when undertaker retires it will be a lost and it will look like the deadman is legitimately dead... and they wont have him lose at wrestlemania

SilverGhost
10-03-2010, 11:23 PM
Daniel Bryan vs. The Miz vs. JoMo (10/10) - Predictable, but FANTASTIC match... Cattle mutilation! Tarantula! Texas cloverleaf! HAAS OF PAIN! Damn, I was marking out left and right. And JoMo's jump was probably the first time I've heard a "that was awesome" chant in WWE in eons. Match of the night, possibly a MOTY contender (for WWE, anyway)

Randy Orton vs. Sheamus - (7/10) Pretty solid for what it was, seemed worse considering it followed that opening match and it's a hell in a cell match. I lol'd hard at Striker calling Randy 'Randall'. Nice length.

Edge vs. Jack Swagger - (7/10) I like Edge's recent "crusader against stupidity" pseudo-gimmick. Another great match, that enziguri counter was golden and well sold. (I was convinced it was a botch at first) Swagger did well, he earned more respect from me tonight.

Wade Barrett vs. John Cena (8/10) - Marked out like a madman. It'll be dissected by the internet for weeks, so I'll be brief:
Woi Barreh hardly botching at all. In fact, Woi Barreh doing very well. Removing Nexus early and getting the "five moves" over with quickly: totally threw me off my predictions. Matt Striker's hilarious commentary. (can't remember the exact quote) Both kick out of each others finishers. Not immediately tapping out to the STF. McGilligenesis? Delicious crowd reaction shots. THIS (http://twitter.com/JoeyStyles/status/26323028560). Oh good God, don't fuck this up WWE.

Natalya vs. Michelle McCool (2/10) - What's the point? Lol'd at more Striker commentary though, "who throws a shoe? she's a real heel" oh my.

Taker vs. Kane (5/10) - Bog standard match that didn't even need to take place in a cell, really. Very predictable ending if you know the Taker-Kane history ((almost)13th year anniversary of Kane's debut in the first HIAC match, Taker burying Bearer six years ago)

I agree here! Especially with the 2 highest rated matches. I was estatic with both matches.

jcagosto
10-04-2010, 12:49 AM

Dude that was a regular match with a cage on top of the ring, not a Hell in a Cell match. I mean, this is supposed to be the most violent gimmick. In the past ANYTIME that Undertaker was in a Hell In a Cell match something BIG happened. This was just bull****!

AGEOFFALL
10-04-2010, 01:57 AM
Why where the WWE and Wold Title matches in HIAC? They might as well have been No DQ Matches. Those 2 matches were a letdown considering the stipulations. Triple Threat match was solid. The Divas match was average. Edge v Swagger was a good match even though the crowd seem to not be into it. Cena vs Barrett match should have been the main event. It had an emotional and shocking ending, it would have been the perfect way to end the ppv.

AndyWonder
10-04-2010, 07:41 AM
I was hoping it would be Cena who would end Nexus considering he was their first target when they first showed up. But Orton is the next best choice.

SilverGhost
10-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Why where the WWE and Wold Title matches in HIAC? They might as well have been No DQ Matches. Those 2 matches were a letdown considering the stipulations. Triple Threat match was solid. The Divas match was average. Edge v Swagger was a good match even though the crowd seem to not be into it. Cena vs Barrett match should have been the main event. It had an emotional and shocking ending, it would have been the perfect way to end the ppv.

I agree with this. They should have put the divas match and Edge vs Swagger at the top of the card. The the triple threat submission match. Then both cell matches. Finally ending the PPV with the shock.

BevinBoyz
10-04-2010, 02:12 PM
I don't think Orton going against Nexus would hurt him at all let alone WWE doesn't seem to be changing Orton's character. Orton is Orton. He's still truly sadistic. If WWE was truly wanting to change Orton they would make him interact with the fans which Orton hasn't done. If anything WWE is trying to make Orton like bada$$ somewhat like Austin was where he did what he want, when he want. Orton is clearly the man right now especially with the fans. It doesn't matter who Orton's facing as the guy is just liked by the fans. Even when he went against Cena recently on RAW, Orton was clearly the favorite among the fans.

if u think of it they are already alike in ways.. rattle snake/Viper- and if u look at the RKO it looks like a flying stunner lol..