PDA

View Full Version : The glories of the midcard

WoodenBulldozer
08-08-2011, 09:26 PM
Watching the Miz vs. Kofi match on Raw tonight brought this up in my mind for some reason, dont ask me why. I would love to see two young guys (Ziggler vs Bourne, Daniel Bryan vs Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett vs Justin Gabriel, etc.) put on a 30 to 45 minute match on Raw or Smackdown. I know such a long match runs the risk of taking up too much of the show or getting boring, but as long as the two wrestlers can put on a show and keep the match exciting(kicking out of finishers, multiple near falls, constant back and forth) I think it would work. I think that this would create huge buzz and spark some serious interest in the midcard division especially with the prestige of the midcard belts devaluing. Thoughts?

JackManCityBoy
08-08-2011, 10:18 PM
would be nice instead of short maches burying people like ziggler ect a long match can put over both guys

VanHooliganX
08-08-2011, 10:22 PM
Watching the Miz vs. Kofi match on Raw tonight brought this up in my mind for some reason, dont ask me why. I would love to see two young guys (Ziggler vs Bourne, Daniel Bryan vs Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett vs Justin Gabriel, etc.) put on a 30 to 45 minute match on Raw or Smackdown. I know such a long match runs the risk of taking up too much of the show or getting boring, but as long as the two wrestlers can put on a show and keep the match exciting(kicking out of finishers, multiple near falls, constant back and forth) I think it would work. I think that this would create huge buzz and spark some serious interest in the midcard division especially with the prestige of the midcard belts devaluing. Thoughts?

But then their would be less talking time! [/sarcasm]

CMRyder
08-08-2011, 10:38 PM
No. Already way too many guys that don't make the show.

clrj3514
08-08-2011, 10:51 PM
I don't know about 30-45 but I think about a 20 minute match could work. Not long enough to bore but long enough to use a few finishers & get the guys over.

tshizzy34
08-09-2011, 12:07 AM
Yea 30-45 Minutes is a little long unless it was like Jericho vs Punk or something lol. 15-25 Would be fine so long as it was entertaining throughout!

S.E. Zero
08-09-2011, 12:18 AM
It sounds great in theory but it just wont happen unless its one of those feuds that lead to a Iron Man type of match at a PPV where the 30-45 mins can be used properly, problem is there is and probably wont be a feud like that the way WWE does things.

steveorton
08-09-2011, 07:33 AM
No. Already way too many guys that don't make the show.

Yea, that's just too much time for the midcarders I feel, I'm jus sayin...

Dr. Death
08-09-2011, 01:59 PM
If the WWE would cut out half of the 1hr 15minutes of commercials for more wrestling time it could work, or just limit matches to 15 minutes they could get more of the wrestlers TV time.

helmsley
08-09-2011, 02:05 PM
i think they should have a REAL third brand (not like superstars) where all the missused wrestlers can have some tv time, maybe even moving the usa title (and perhaps a brand new tag title) to the brand as that brand only title, that way, we can see many wrestlers that we dont, and we can spare some firings

people who could ( or could have been) on this new show : tatsu,ryder,hawkings,masters,kozlov,jtg the hart dynasty, the usos, evan bourne,swagger etc...