PDA

View Full Version : The ONLY WWE Undisputed Champion???

nrb6304
08-08-2011, 08:40 PM
Here's a question (one that will cause rumors to spread rapid): Chris Jericho for 10 years has been bragging that he was the first and ONLY WWE Undisputed Champion of the World. BUT after this Sunday's WWE Undisputed Championship match between WWE Champ John Cena and WWE Champ CM Punk will one of them be able to say that they are the SECOND EVER WWE Undisputed Champion?

And if so do you think that if CM Punk wins it could lead to a Y2J return to claim "his" spot as the ONLY WWE Undisputed Champion?

(Before anybody directs me to the article where Y2J says he's not returning anytime soon, Jericho is KNOWN to play with the net and keep his returns quiet. So don't try that argument with NRB6304 cause he will consider it BS lol)

RagingBallsFTW
08-08-2011, 08:44 PM
Seeing how there are rumors of a Punk/Jericho match at WM, it could happen. But, with all the possible matches for Punk and Jericho at a WM, this could just lead to a match or two.

I would like to see Punk vs Triple H and Jericho vs Undertaker at WM.

nrb6304
08-08-2011, 08:47 PM
Seeing how there are rumors of a Punk/Jericho match at WM, it could happen. But, with all the possible matches for Punk and Jericho at a WM, this could just lead to a match or two.

I would like to see Punk vs Triple H and Jericho vs Undertaker at WM.

personally I'd rather see a Mick Foley Undertaker rematch then Y2J/Undertaker only cause I just DO NOT SEE Taker giving us another amazing match like he has the last 3 (if you argue that HHH/UT match wasn't amazing I'll let it slide) years.

Cause at least with a Foley/Taker rematch you know that Foley is going to get his ass kicked the entire match and be awesome and can just sell sell sell for UT. Not to mention when you hear "Mick Foley vs. Undertaker" you think FIGHT not WRESTLING. And if you're thinking FIGHT, you won't be disappointed when you don't get WRESTLING (wow that was pretty good signature status? I think so lol)

Mtt08 xXx
08-08-2011, 08:49 PM
wasnt jericho just the undisputed champion? (WHC and WWE)

if im remembering wrong, my bad. but its different than being "undisputed wwe champion"

RagingBallsFTW
08-08-2011, 09:11 PM
personally I'd rather see a Mick Foley Undertaker rematch then Y2J/Undertaker only cause I just DO NOT SEE Taker giving us another amazing match like he has the last 3 (if you argue that HHH/UT match wasn't amazing I'll let it slide) years.

Cause at least with a Foley/Taker rematch you know that Foley is going to get his ass kicked the entire match and be awesome and can just sell sell sell for UT. Not to mention when you hear "Mick Foley vs. Undertaker" you think FIGHT not WRESTLING. And if you're thinking FIGHT, you won't be disappointed when you don't get WRESTLING (wow that was pretty good signature status? I think so lol)

I thought Taker and Triple H was a pretty alright match but don't want to see it for a third time at WM. Foley vs Taker would be great but don't see WWE going that route.

Y2J___Y2J
08-08-2011, 09:39 PM
Y2J was the first..but not the only Undisputed Champion.. I think you're reading waaaaaaaaaaay too far into this

helmsley
08-08-2011, 09:40 PM
jericho was the FIRST but not the only undisputed champion in wwe, there were many undisputed champions and taker was one of them,

but i do think that the y2j vs cmpunk match can be in a fued regarding being undisputed champions

mp34everdb
08-08-2011, 09:42 PM
Chris Jericho was the first undisputed champion in wwf, when they unified the wcw and the wwf titles. then after that each champion was referred to as the undisputed champion until the world title was sent to smackdown. so no Jericho wasn't the only undisputed champion he was just the first.

the_viper
08-08-2011, 10:20 PM
Forget the title! This could lead to a feud over who is "The Best In The World".

tshizzy34
08-09-2011, 12:01 AM
Forget the title! This could lead to a feud over who is "The Best In The World".

lol Now your talking!!!

CM_Jericho
08-09-2011, 12:24 AM
Jericho... Punk... A clash of the gods.

nrb6304
08-09-2011, 12:55 AM
Y2J was the first..but not the only Undisputed Champion.. I think you're reading waaaaaaaaaaay too far into this

I think you're 100% right but hey I can dream right? A match up the caliber of CM Punk vs. Y2J with an actual storyline is something I think could draw some SERIOUS $$$$

Lamar8902
08-09-2011, 01:16 AM
Actually Chris Jericho is the first EVER undisputed champion but not the only one cause HHH is also wwe undisputed champion as he beat Jericho at WM after that it was Hogan then Undertaker I think the last undisputed champion was Brock Lesnar after HHH became world heavyweight champion

zrdt12
08-09-2011, 01:21 AM
Well, Jericho was the only one noted to have BEEN THE FIRST (and only) first time undisputed champion of recent WWE era's (dk what happened earlier, assuming nothing like that never did). I'm sure it would be worked into the storyline. It would also just be really interesting match since IWC and older ppl would be 50/50 on Punk/Jericho and the kids would have no clue who to root for.

If done properly, this could be huge.

I'd rather see this happen unless HHH puts over CM Punk like Vince put over Stone Cold Steve Austin (which appears to be where it's headed, but be aware for big swerves ahead!)

Yeah, Jericho (god of the past) vs Punk (god of now) too!

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-09-2011, 01:36 AM
Great. ANOTHER Jericho/Punk thread. Couldn't you just go to the CM Punk thread? You know... the one that's stickied and says that all CM Punk topics go there? Yeah, I'm sure it exists...

steveorton
08-09-2011, 07:24 AM
Here's a question (one that will cause rumors to spread rapid): Chris Jericho for 10 years has been bragging that he was the first and ONLY WWE Undisputed Champion of the World. BUT after this Sunday's WWE Undisputed Championship match between WWE Champ John Cena and WWE Champ CM Punk will one of them be able to say that they are the SECOND EVER WWE Undisputed Champion?

And if so do you think that if CM Punk wins it could lead to a Y2J return to claim "his" spot as the ONLY WWE Undisputed Champion?

(Before anybody directs me to the article where Y2J says he's not returning anytime soon, Jericho is KNOWN to play with the net and keep his returns quiet. So don't try that argument with NRB6304 cause he will consider it BS lol)

Your theory is very realistic, I wouldn't mind if that happened at all, once we got Punk vs Y2J, I'm jus sayin...

Dr. Death
08-09-2011, 09:25 AM
Chris Jericho become the first undisputed champion in over 50 years @ WWF Vengence 2001. The very first Undisputed Champion was Georg Hackenschmidt who won the title in 1902 around September of that year. Then Frank Gotch in 1908. The championship became disputed in the late 1920s, and remained that way for over 20 years, when several major World Championships split from the primary title (namely, Boston's American Wrestling Association World Championship, the National Boxing Association (later, National Wrestling Association) World Championship of Wrestling, and the New York State Athletic Commission World Championship). Then in 1952 Lou Thesz became the undisputed champ after winning all the major belts from the 3 major wrestling companies at the time. Over the years The American Wrestling Association, owned by Verne Gagne split off from the NWA and declared their primary singles title a world title in 1960. The World Wide Wrestling Federation, owned by Vince McMahon, Sr. followed suit in 1963 and declared their major singles title a world championship. Many other NWA affiliated promotions would split from the NWA over the years with Ted Turner's World Championship Wrestling in 1993, and Tod Gordon's Eastern Championship Wrestling in 1994. Each of these promotions declared their primary singles championship to be a world championship. By May 2002 the WWF had been renamed to World Wrestling Entertainment and the WWE Undisputed Championship, as it was now called, became the top championship of the promotion. The title would go on to be held by Triple H, Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker, The Rock, and finally Brock Lesnar. At this moment there is no undisputed world heavyweight title. The current promotions with potential claims to such legacy include World Wrestling Entertainment with the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship, the National Wrestling Alliance with the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, Ring of Honor with the ROH World Championship, and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling with the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

Anyway, after my "history rant", (sorry to bore everyone), I don't believe Cena is a champ until he wins back the belt from Punk.

AOF666
08-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Chris Jericho become the first undisputed champion in over 50 years @ WWF Vengence 2001. The very first Undisputed Champion was Georg Hackenschmidt who won the title in 1902 around September of that year. Then Frank Gotch in 1908. The championship became disputed in the late 1920s, and remained that way for over 20 years, when several major World Championships split from the primary title (namely, Boston's American Wrestling Association World Championship, the National Boxing Association (later, National Wrestling Association) World Championship of Wrestling, and the New York State Athletic Commission World Championship). Then in 1952 Lou Thesz became the undisputed champ after winning all the major belts from the 3 major wrestling companies at the time. Over the years The American Wrestling Association, owned by Verne Gagne split off from the NWA and declared their primary singles title a world title in 1960. The World Wide Wrestling Federation, owned by Vince McMahon, Sr. followed suit in 1963 and declared their major singles title a world championship. Many other NWA affiliated promotions would split from the NWA over the years with Ted Turner's World Championship Wrestling in 1993, and Tod Gordon's Eastern Championship Wrestling in 1994. Each of these promotions declared their primary singles championship to be a world championship. By May 2002 the WWF had been renamed to World Wrestling Entertainment and the WWE Undisputed Championship, as it was now called, became the top championship of the promotion. The title would go on to be held by Triple H, Hulk Hogan, The Undertaker, The Rock, and finally Brock Lesnar. At this moment there is no undisputed world heavyweight title. The current promotions with potential claims to such legacy include World Wrestling Entertainment with the WWE Championship and World Heavyweight Championship, the National Wrestling Alliance with the NWA World Heavyweight Championship, Ring of Honor with the ROH World Championship, and Total Nonstop Action Wrestling with the TNA World Heavyweight Championship.

Anyway, after my "history rant", (sorry to bore everyone), I don't believe Cena is a champ until he wins back the belt from Punk.

Agree Cena is only a paper Champion

The Natural
08-09-2011, 12:06 PM
Even though the winner will be "The Second Ever Undisputed WWE Champion" I really wouldn't recognize it as true. I mean back in 2001 when Y2J became champ, he won two seperate titles. One was the WCW Championship and the other the WWF...oh i mean WWE championship. (get the F out) Even a couple years back when the Colon's were the Undisputed WWE Tag Team Champions, they atleast won two seperate titles and technically the match between Punk and Cena will only be for one championship. It may seem like an undisputed championship match, but in reality they are just determining who the TRUE WWE Champion is.