PDA

View Full Version : What are TNA doing with the world title?

The_Awesome_One
08-08-2011, 04:59 AM
I can't even remember the last time is was successfully defended. Its been passed around like a god damn hot potatoe, and it will seriously effect its prestige in my eyes if they keep it up much longer.

the last notable was the first Jeff Hardy reign, he lost to anderson who then lost to hardy straight away, who then lost to sting like two weeks later who then managed to defend his title against hardy in 40 seconds, then anderson and RVD in a 3 way but then lost to Anderson 1V1, who then straight away lost to sting, who has now lost to Kurt angle.

thats 6 champions in about 6 months not good.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-08-2011, 05:05 AM
This is why people hate TNA.

monctonvike
08-08-2011, 06:04 AM
I can't even remember the last time is was successfully defended. Its been passed around like a god damn hot potatoe, and it will seriously effect its prestige in my eyes if they keep it up much longer.

the last notable was the first Jeff Hardy reign, he lost to anderson who then lost to hardy straight away, who then lost to sting like two weeks later who then managed to defend his title against hardy in 40 seconds, then anderson and RVD in a 3 way but then lost to Anderson 1V1, who then straight away lost to sting, who has now lost to Kurt angle.

I 100% agree with the title changing, the last two times anderson's run was weak and sting vs hogan for the world title at bfg would not be cool. Looks like that is where they are going. I would like stay put for awhile as well- angle vs aj at bfg would be awsome

CrowOfMurders
08-08-2011, 06:20 AM
I think the goal was to keep the strap on Jeff Hardy for a while and build the heavyweight division around him(complete w/ custom title), then he obviously fucked it up being typical jeff hardy and they had all these impromptu plans in the mean time.
They brought bak Sting cuz they needed sum1 w/ prestige and respect to make the title relevant after jeff's clusterf*ck and they've been using Sting to put over alot of talent(since he's been champ he's pretty much defended it @ 4/5 impacts a month and every ppv, with matches with RVD,Anderson,Matt Hardy,Bull Ray and Gunner to name a few) and also dropped the title to Anderson for his 2nd(longer than a week) title reign. I don't think Anderson impressed anyone wen he had the strap and Sting is always their reliable go-to-guy and Anderson got shuffled into a program with Bully Ray.

I really didn't understand the point of having Angle and Sting go 4 the belt,but obviously Angle vs. Sting was a bigger draw on the card than Anderson vs. Angle and it set up (ughhh) Angle's heel turn. I don't really think it's gonna be Hogan vs. Sting for the belt(@least i hope not) I just think they wanted to give Angle the belt before he went off to the Olympics.

I think the BFG series is gonna culminate in a new champ who's gonna set the tone for the future of the division, OR they might freak out agen and hav whoever is the champ drop the belt to Sting agen. Personally I don't want to see Crimson(too green) Gunner(not credible to be a world champ yet) or RVD(ughh BORE-V-D) end up with the belt. Anderson sux as world champ as well, so it's tuff to say who Angle should drop the belt to. Maybe Robert Roode, but they havent built him up as a Singles guy yet,and he STILL has the tag belt. AJ is always a great choice for the face of the company but hes stuck in this asinine feud w/ Immortal and it doesn't seem lik TNA is putting much faith in their originals anymore :|

The Brown One
08-08-2011, 06:40 AM
Lol and I've heard some diehard TNA marks saying that Punk is the only good thing going for the WWE right now-they have to realize how much of a wreck the company has been in lately. Some of this is off topic, but bear with me:
* Best women's division in the world? Yeah right. KOs matches have been shortened to the length and quality of divas matches
* They have a guy that doesn't get a good reaction from the crowd an undefeated streak-Crimson
* TNA's real talent have taken a backseat to the likes of Crimson, Gunner and RVD. They have not been focusing much on AJ, Daniels and especially Joe (I seriously hope they do something big with him in the near future)
* The frequent title changes devalue the TNA title. They have just introduced a new one, so why fuck it up by having it change hands every month? That's not good for your company's main title.
* Why did they give Kurt the belt? I'm happy that its on a guy who can wrestle longer and more entertaining matches, but Kurt is going to have a really busy schedule during his olympic training
* It seems as though Hogan has put the spotlight back on himself. Why the fuck would he interrupt the world title match? To set up him vs Sting? That would be a dream match if Hogan could stand up straight. I know hes had back problems, which is precisely why he should stay away from the ring. Hes had his time, and he ruled. Now the younger guys should be taking his place in the main event.

AOF666
08-08-2011, 08:50 AM
The title will be passed around until Hogan gets it they he will keep it for a long time.

el gabo
08-08-2011, 08:58 AM
Lol and I've heard some diehard TNA marks saying that Punk is the only good thing going for the WWE right now-they have to realize how much of a wreck the company has been in lately. Some of this is off topic, but bear with me:
* Best women's division in the world? Yeah right. KOs matches have been shortened to the length and quality of divas matches
* They have a guy that doesn't get a good reaction from the crowd an undefeated streak-Crimson
* TNA's real talent have taken a backseat to the likes of Crimson, Gunner and RVD. They have not been focusing much on AJ, Daniels and especially Joe (I seriously hope they do something big with him in the near future)
* The frequent title changes devalue the TNA title. They have just introduced a new one, so why fuck it up by having it change hands every month? That's not good for your company's main title.
* Why did they give Kurt the belt? I'm happy that its on a guy who can wrestle longer and more entertaining matches, but Kurt is going to have a really busy schedule during his olympic training
* It seems as though Hogan has put the spotlight back on himself. Why the fuck would he interrupt the world title match? To set up him vs Sting? That would be a dream match if Hogan could stand up straight. I know hes had back problems, which is precisely why he should stay away from the ring. Hes had his time, and he ruled. Now the younger guys should be taking his place in the main event.

Don't dare to say this!

On a serious note, you're spot on. The Goldberg push hardly works nowadays. And passing the title each month is not a good idea.

The only way Hogan won't hog the spotlight is when he dies.

Hesterica
08-08-2011, 09:05 AM
I would usually say give TNA a chance...I think I said it too much already. So...give Impact Wrestling a chance!

On a more serious note, yes it completely devalues the title. They should have just let Sting hold on to it instead of dropping to Anderson until they built up a new guy to beat Sting in a "passing of the torch" type of match.

LMPunker
08-08-2011, 09:24 AM
Don't dare to say this!

On a serious note, you're spot on. The Goldberg push hardly works nowadays. And passing the title each month is not a good idea.

even then he'll have is funereal as the main event of that years bound for glory brother!

Xpacfan
08-08-2011, 09:31 AM

Right and having the WWE title change between Cena and Orton every blue moon is the best alternative right? LOL. Just like back in the day, the title would change between The Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker, Mankind, Kurt Angle, Big Show, JBL...

Seems like people have forgotten what its like to actually have everyone on the main event scene having a fair opportunity at the title.

WWTNA Mark
08-08-2011, 09:44 AM
* TNA's real talent have taken a backseat to the likes of Crimson, Gunner and RVD. They have not been focusing much on AJ, Daniels and especially
Joe

I don't think this is that much of a problem. They are trying to push new stars like Crimson ans Gunner to elevate them to main event status. Its really nothing wrong with that. AJ Styles and Samoa Joe had their push and are World Champs. They are still young and all but we need new stars in the main event scene. I don't get why they are pushing RVD though. I'm guessing his ego won't let him put over people.

HeelTurn
08-08-2011, 10:04 AM
Yeah I would love to see an actual run in TNA. I thought Anderson deserved it, but instead hes had 2 pointless runs as champ. As far as pushing Crimson goes I stil dont see his appeal, I would rather they push Red.

MDollaz
08-08-2011, 10:42 AM
You know, it saddens me. Years ago, I thought TNA was gonna be just as hot as it has ever been. I felt that they were just a few choice moves away from being, maybe not as big as WWE, but at least enough to make them seem like viable competition. In the years since I've felt that way, I've been constantly let down and disappointed. This latest era of Hogan and Bischoff have completely killed the very heart and soul of what TNA is. Funny thing is that Hogan and Bischoff are actually trying to build they're own TNA originals to push (ie Gunner & Crimson, both of whom "look"' like "wrestlers") in lieu of the homegrown talent that they have. They even now have homegrown TNA legends and they've been reduced to midcard status. AJ, Joe, Daniels, Kazarian, etc. have all been pushed to the side for Sting to have a run at the main event. It may be too late for an overhaul but one is definitely in order. I don't fear that TNA is going under, but there is absolutely no real direction that they're moving in and because of that, TNA comes off like an independent company that just lucked up and found a "sugar daddy" as someone so eloquently put it.

el gabo
08-08-2011, 11:22 AM
Right and having the WWE title change between Cena and Orton every blue moon is the best alternative right? LOL. Just like back in the day, the title would change between The Rock, Stone Cold, Undertaker, Mankind, Kurt Angle, Big Show, JBL...

Seems like people have forgotten what its like to actually have everyone on the main event scene having a fair opportunity at the title.

It's not that they change the Champ, there comes a time when you HAVE to have the title change hands, it's the fact that it's done almost every Goddamn PPV. No one is talking about the WWE by the way so quit comparing, specially when you bitch about everyone comparing TNA.

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=909

PHENOMINAL ENIGMA
08-08-2011, 11:32 AM
the WWE title has changed 5 times in 6 months so its not 2 much more & 3 of those was with in 8 days so really you cant bash TNA without doing the same with WWE & atleast TNA's main belt doesn't look like a peace of crap

el gabo
08-08-2011, 11:56 AM
the WWE title has changed 5 times in 6 months so its not 2 much more & 3 of those was with in 8 days so really you cant bash TNA without doing the same with WWE & atleast TNA's main belt doesn't look like a peace of crap

Again, you shouldn't compare. Those 3 title changes in the last few weeks lead to a fucking storyline. They did the best they could given the uncertainty of Punk resigning or not since he himself said he was undecided until Money in the Bank.

If you're going to argue at least stay on topic and don't make yourself look like a fool. The belt's looks have nothing to do with the discussion (although the WWE title does look like a freakin' toy.)

WWTNA Mark
08-08-2011, 12:07 PM
http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/attachment.php?attachmentid=909

Nice to see TNA playing hot potato with their World title...

el gabo
08-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Nice to see TNA playing hot potato with their World title...

A 35 day title reign, 11 day title reign, 29 day title reign and a 27 day title reign. Maybe the title has some shit smudges on it and it stinks too much to hold on for?

gravesismizfan
08-08-2011, 12:30 PM
Next thing we known Eric young will win world title hell that be interesting storyline

The_Awesome_One
08-08-2011, 12:31 PM

The WWE title has technically changed twice

Miz lost to Cena, Then Cena lost to Punk,

this crap they threw together giving Rey the title for about an hour was bull though only to have him lose to Cena but It dont class these as actual title reigns since the REAL belt wasnt involved

and you want to talk about crap titles look at this..........
http://i52.tinypic.com/ndpov9.jpg
come on it literally has the guys face on it (atleast they dropped it)

I know my posts looks like I'm trying to bash TNA, but I'm trying to like it but its really going downhill again the run up to destination X was tops, but it didnt take long for Hogan to grab the Limelight again.

WWTNA Mark
08-08-2011, 12:31 PM
A 35 day title reign, 11 day title reign, 29 day title reign and a 27 day title reign. Maybe the title has some shit smudges on it and it stinks too much to hold on for?

I lol'd at this!

Y2J___Y2J
08-08-2011, 12:32 PM
TNA is sucks ass atm. I used to really enjoy it, but as of late everything is going downhill fast! And this isn't helping, it leaves the major title in the company with little credibility and does not look good.!

capn-edu
08-08-2011, 01:54 PM
absolutely nothing :D

BrandonLoopsTV
08-08-2011, 05:40 PM
absolutely nothing :D

win ^ ahahaha

CobraNightviper
08-08-2011, 07:47 PM
I agree the streak runs should of died after Goldberg but if they were going to do a streak storyline they should of picked someone better than Crimson to do it.
Don't dare to say this!

OldSchoolHeel
08-08-2011, 08:12 PM
tna will never be successful unless they take their show on the road and let the crowd influence their direction. as long as they're in that impact zone they're dead in the water. its a pity too because they're stacked with talent and could compete. hogan and bischoff have to go....

Murphdogg4
08-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Russo booking 101. Were talking about the same man who put the WCW belt on David Freaking Arquette. He doesn't get the value of the title or as he calls it "the prop".

RagingBallsFTW
08-08-2011, 09:35 PM
Anderson should at least had his 2nd TNA title reign be until Bound for Glory. I really don't know the logic of the title changes this past year and honestly don't know what will happen next(in a bad way).

body slam
08-08-2011, 09:55 PM

the smackdown title has been held by 6 guys since Feb or the past 6 months as well and will most likely chang again at ss.

RagingBallsFTW
08-08-2011, 10:00 PM
With all the talk about the WWE,WHC,and TNA championships being treated like hot potatoes might as well rename this thread "What the H happened to the value of a long world championship reign."

PHENOMINAL ENIGMA
08-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Again, you shouldn't compare. Those 3 title changes in the last few weeks lead to a fucking storyline. They did the best they could given the uncertainty of Punk resigning or not since he himself said he was undecided until Money in the Bank.

If you're going to argue at least stay on topic and don't make yourself look like a fool. The belt's looks have nothing to do with the discussion (although the WWE title does look like a freakin' toy.)

well if you contribute the punk situation then contribute the hardy situation to the belts changing it doesn't really matter about the different situations that led to a title change the fact is they changed 3 times in a week just because they didn't know if Punk was resigning after he did they still decided to finish the tourtament & have Cena beat Rey instead of just having Punk return & make the Miz vs Rey a no #1 contender match because they knew every1 would get behind it more

also didn't really get off topic as partly the point of this thread is the devalueing of the world title & IMO it's look devalues it

PHENOMINAL ENIGMA
08-08-2011, 11:49 PM

this year the WWE have had a 20 min title reign, 1:30 title reign, 5 day title reign & a 30 title reign

PHENOMINAL ENIGMA
08-08-2011, 11:53 PM
The WWE title has technically changed twice

Miz lost to Cena, Then Cena lost to Punk,

this crap they threw together giving Rey the title for about an hour was bull though only to have him lose to Cena but It dont class these as actual title reigns since the REAL belt wasnt involved

and you want to talk about crap titles look at this..........
http://i52.tinypic.com/ndpov9.jpg
come on it literally has the guys face on it (atleast they dropped it)

I know my posts looks like I'm trying to bash TNA, but I'm trying to like it but its really going downhill again the run up to destination X was tops, but it didnt take long for Hogan to grab the Limelight again.

you can just say "Oh those Title reigns dont count coz they were crap" no they were legitimite title reigns so they count & id prefer Jeff Hardy's belt over Cena's any day

el gabo
08-09-2011, 12:51 PM
this year the WWE have had a 20 min title reign, 1:30 title reign, 5 day title reign & a 30 title reign

Many people bitched about the 5 day title reign by Christian. It was a stupid move and nobody is denying it. The big difference is that WWE goes in one direction and sticks with it for a while, making it a lot more logical. People bash TNA (deservingly in my opinion) because their booking is not logical. One month you have 2 gives in the title picture and completely out of the blue you have 1 or 2 other wrestlers in the title picture the next month. They go in infinite directions at the same time. Right now it seems Crimson is all of a sudden going to be thrown in there. It's so fucking confusing to watch.

liamsnowdon
08-09-2011, 04:27 PM
i think angle will hold on for a while

The_Awesome_One
08-10-2011, 11:53 AM
you can just say "Oh those Title reigns dont count coz they were crap" no they were legitimite title reigns so they count & id prefer Jeff Hardy's belt over Cena's any day

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSq4gJv5UeIGqlbXsphLa4rBcKcPiz38-BA_0fkHBPmmsn8WIORog

dai_haz
08-10-2011, 02:19 PM
I really didn't understand the point of having Angle and Sting go 4 the belt,but obviously Angle vs. Sting was a bigger draw on the card than Anderson vs. Angle and it set up (ughhh) Angle's heel turn. I don't really think it's gonna be Hogan vs. Sting for the belt(@least i hope not) I just think they wanted to give Angle the belt before he went off to the Olympics.

totally agreee, but kurts heel turn predictable and just doesnt work, he stop MEM because he decided he has earnt respect fueded with just jeff jarrett got the world title then all of a sudden the younger guys dont respect him again, change the record, he shud of done what he said stop dixie carter gettign back control, but align himself partially with fortune, he'd be a great tweener , just like john cena sum ppl like him sum dont

PHENOMINAL ENIGMA
08-12-2011, 05:51 AM
Many people bitched about the 5 day title reign by Christian. It was a stupid move and nobody is denying it. The big difference is that WWE goes in one direction and sticks with it for a while, making it a lot more logical. People bash TNA (deservingly in my opinion) because their booking is not logical. One month you have 2 gives in the title picture and completely out of the blue you have 1 or 2 other wrestlers in the title picture the next month. They go in infinite directions at the same time. Right now it seems Crimson is all of a sudden going to be thrown in there. It's so fucking confusing to watch.

OK so even if Christians title reign leaded somewhere what about Dolphs & Reys they didnt lead anywhere & TNA's does lead somewhere Stings is leading to a BFG match between him & hulk & Andersons lead to the end of Immortal

PHENOMINAL ENIGMA
08-12-2011, 05:53 AM
totally agreee, but kurts heel turn predictable and just doesnt work, he stop MEM because he decided he has earnt respect fueded with just jeff jarrett got the world title then all of a sudden the younger guys dont respect him again, change the record, he shud of done what he said stop dixie carter gettign back control, but align himself partially with fortune, he'd be a great tweener , just like john cena sum ppl like him sum dont

How could he align with fortune if they are for getting Dixie back