PDA

View Full Version : Triple h - The Vince McMahon of the PG era?

beatfighter3000
08-07-2011, 11:24 PM
Random question that popped into my mind
Lets just say Triple H is the new Vince Mcmahon
Will that mean that Punk is the new stone cold
So like the saying that "history repeats itself"
Is this just a rewind of what was happening 12+ years ago?

daniel bryan mark
08-07-2011, 11:47 PM
In a way, yes, but it'll be different. Punk's not gonna beat the shit outta HHH every week, GTSs left and right. Triple H can fight for himself, while Vince needed lackeys. Yes, they will be the Austin/McMahon feud of the PG era, but it'll be a little different.

WWTNA Mark
08-08-2011, 12:49 AM
Its the Reality Era, not the PG Era.

Enforcer23
08-08-2011, 01:11 AM

yep i agree with this its a diffrent era a place that wrestling has never been before lead by punk and made great by all of those wrestlers

123mlewis
08-08-2011, 05:22 AM
to the guy with the cm punk quote and pic on the end of his message it should be changed to this "I have proved to everybody in the world that I am the best on this microphone , in that ring,even in the commentary nobody can touch me except beth she cantouch me "

Enforcer23
08-08-2011, 05:25 AM
to the guy with the cm punk quote and pic on the end of his message it should be changed to this "I have proved to everybody in the world that I am the best on this microphone , in that ring,even in the commentary nobody can touch me except beth she cantouch me "

hahaha im voting this for post of the month hahaha

tshizzy34
08-08-2011, 05:45 AM

lol wow that's some funny shit right there!

AOF666
08-08-2011, 08:58 AM
to the guy with the cm punk quote and pic on the end of his message it should be changed to this "I have proved to everybody in the world that I am the best on this microphone , in that ring,even in the commentary nobody can touch me except beth she can touch me "

Had to fix that error. That is true, Punk is lucky!

Markedoutforlife
08-08-2011, 09:05 AM
Reality era is here to stay, unlike the rock...

jonod
08-08-2011, 09:33 AM

I think you coined one mate! I'd love to see a "Wrestling is real" crowd sign soon ;)

WWTNA Mark
08-08-2011, 09:35 AM
I think you coined one mate! I'd love to see a "Wrestling is real" crowd sign soon ;)

I didn't coin it, CM Punk did in an ESPN interview! ;)

Markedoutforlife
08-08-2011, 09:35 AM

Wwtna isnt that creative... Its a cmpunk quote.

WWTNA Mark
08-08-2011, 09:38 AM
Wwtna isnt that creative... Its a cmpunk quote.

I already said that I didn't coin it, unless you have a reading problem.

jonod
08-14-2011, 11:48 AM
I didn't coin it, CM Punk did in an ESPN interview! ;)

Ah miss some of those sort of things sometimes! I think Markedoutforlife was just too busy marking out to notice your comment! ;)

johnnydropkicks
08-14-2011, 11:51 AM
you know what's funny?

you're all going nuts over this shit and everyone is keeps repating this reality era thing. and everyone is saying punk is the leader of it and innovator. but the funny thing

this is what Bischoff's been saying it should do forever.

yeah that comes off hostile a little. me personally I'm not exactly quite believing that we're in a new era just yet. but everyone seems really on board. and it's funny that bischoff has been saying it should be this way for a while, it's been his opinion, and now it's here it works.

beatfighter3000
08-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Eric Bischoff was just an amazing asset to WWE, and its a shame he left to a lesser-worth wrestling promotion :/

CULTOFPERSONALITY
08-14-2011, 08:01 PM
Punk ISN'T Stone Cold by any margin. Stone Cold was on a whole different level (very few have ever been at) & personally, it's a level Punk will never reach. It's like comparing apples & oranges. Punk isn't creating higher ratings or anything (last week's RAW's ratings were down actually). He isn't bringing in the non-general wrestling fans. Sorry, Punk hasn't revolutionized anything & isn't stirring much of anything (but if you ask Punk, he thinks he's this mega game changer. The more I listen to this guy, the more I'm realizing he's truly full of himself beyond belief. But that's just my opinion.) Are we in a new era in wrestling? I don't really think so by any accounts. Nothing really has changed. The storyline with Punk/Cena/HHH is the only storyline acting a bit different than all the rest (actually, they kind of killed the storyline with how quick Punk came back from "leaving". Hell, they didn't even sell it well.) Only real difference is they are taking things from the internet dirtsheets & spewing them in their promos (mainly Punk's promos) which makes things little "more personal" & a bit more edgy. They did this with the Rock/Cena/Miz storyline back during Wrestlemania. This isn't new & no, we are not seeing a wrestling boom by any circumstances. If WWE was having another boom, they wouldn't be trying so desperately to bring back guys from the past.

Iron Ape
08-14-2011, 08:24 PM
Punk ISN'T Stone Cold by any margin. Stone Cold was on a whole different level (very few have ever been at) & personally, it's a level Punk will never reach. It's like comparing apples & oranges. Punk isn't creating higher ratings or anything (last week's RAW's ratings were down actually). He isn't bringing in the non-general wrestling fans. Sorry, Punk hasn't revolutionized anything & isn't stirring much of anything (but if you ask Punk, he thinks he's this mega game changer. The more I listen to this guy, the more I'm realizing he's truly full of himself beyond belief. But that's just my opinion.) Are we in a new era in wrestling? I don't really think so by any accounts. Nothing really has changed. The storyline with Punk/Cena/HHH is the only storyline acting a bit different than all the rest (actually, they kind of killed the storyline with how quick Punk came back from "leaving". Hell, they didn't even sell it well.) Only real difference is they are taking things from the internet dirtsheets & spewing them in their promos (mainly Punk's promos) which makes things little "more personal" & a bit more edgy. They did this with the Rock/Cena/Miz storyline back during Wrestlemania. This isn't new & no, we are not seeing a wrestling boom by any circumstances. If WWE was having another boom, they wouldn't be trying so desperately to bring back guys from the past.
Even though I find Punk rather compelling and consider myself a fan, I actually can't help but agree with just about everything that you've said here. That said, these are truths that I have a feeling quite a few people aren't going to be interested in hearing. Good on you for being the one to say it, though.

johnnydropkicks
08-15-2011, 03:46 AM

keep in mind that wrestling isn't pop culture now. I'd say that Punk has been making a difference getting wrestling into mainstream media. but WWE has a lot to prove especially after WM. If WM hadn't sucked I bet that there'd be more ratings overnight because of this storyline.

Also. I am repeatedly amazed by how much pro-punk stuff there is in the crowds.

And I get that people have a point when they say Punk came back too soon. But really, how can they do anything if he's not? I mean nobody has the attention for Punk not to be there anymore. They had to get him back.

CULTOFPERSONALITY
08-15-2011, 04:24 AM
keep in mind that wrestling isn't pop culture now. I'd say that Punk has been making a difference getting wrestling into mainstream media. but WWE has a lot to prove especially after WM. If WM hadn't sucked I bet that there'd be more ratings overnight because of this storyline.

Also. I am repeatedly amazed by how much pro-punk stuff there is in the crowds.

And I get that people have a point when they say Punk came back too soon. But really, how can they do anything if he's not? I mean nobody has the attention for Punk not to be there anymore. They had to get him back.

Mainstream media? What ESPN & a few talk shows? Yeah...that's real mainstream. The Rock's return WAS mainstream media as every major outlet covered it & hell, certain wrestling & entertainment websites were crashing (WWE hasn't had that type of attention in over decade). If Punk's media was truly impactful it would draw people in tuning in to watch RAW (like The Rock did). They are not tuning in simply because today's talents are just not interesting to the non-general wrestling fans or the old (hint: why WWE is so desperately looking to bring back older talent but sadly, the only one to bring any sort of significant & immense impact has been The Rock. Not even Stone Cold draws in the ratings anymore).

Today's talents just don't have the global appear like Rock, Austin & such did. Like I said, Punk isn't this "revolutionary figure" some people are making him as. He's no Stone Cold, he's no Rock & so forth. Also, Wrestlemania has nothing to do with the current ratings (sorry but that's a cheap excuse) & once The Rock stopped appearing on RAW, the ratings went right back to normal. Sorry to say, WWE needs to find guys that can draw the bigger crowds & sadly today's roster just doesn't have it. This would explain why Vince & WWE investors are wanting & asking for The Rock to appear as much as possible because The Rock = buyrates, ratings, attention & so forth.

beatfighter3000
08-16-2011, 07:25 PM
By any means, CM punk will never be of the standard to Stone cold
Though there are loads of similarities

-Cm Punk like Stone cold, tries to play against the boss [Triple H in Punk's case, and Vince Mcmahon in Austin's case]
-Has this "Dont give a fuck" attitude
-LOL they have a hobby for drinking Canned drinks [diet pepsi and a Steve-wieser]
-Neutral wrestlers, both dont seem to crave the attention of the fans, but through their antics become more popular than Face wrestlers
-Both say whats on their mind

though there are probably more similarities, i believe for this generation Punk is portraying a Stone Cold character [toned down]

Jonnybass
08-16-2011, 07:40 PM
WWE needs to find guys that can draw the bigger crowds & sadly today's roster just doesn't have it.

even though im not a fan this it what pisses me off about people bitching about Cena. Even though im not a Cena fan, hes the biggest thing the company has right now.

Orton has been being pushed almost as long as Cena and is not even close to being as big a star world wide....

whose shirts do you see a large majority of the crowd wearing at wwe live shows Cenas... people need to get off his back and accept him.. so what if the IWC think he sucks as a wrestler, hes a good performer.

but i still think they should push Punk, American Dragon and Dos Caras Jr as much as they can.

CULTOFPERSONALITY
08-16-2011, 08:20 PM
even though im not a fan this it what pisses me off about people bitching about Cena. Even though im not a Cena fan, hes the biggest thing the company has right now.

Orton has been being pushed almost as long as Cena and is not even close to being as big a star world wide....

whose shirts do you see a large majority of the crowd wearing at wwe live shows Cenas... people need to get off his back and accept him.. so what if the IWC think he sucks as a wrestler, hes a good performer.

but i still think they should push Punk, American Dragon and Dos Caras Jr as much as they can.

The difference between Orton & Cena is simply the fact, Cena is willing to do promotional stuff for WWE. Cena will do public appearances, interviews & such for WWE in which puts Cena's name out there for people to know. It's known that Orton isn't interested in doing the promotional side of things. Only recently Orton has stepped out a little doing a toy commercial & a few interviews but other than that...Orton just doesn't put himself out there like Cena does. Orton could easily be as big (if not bigger) than Cena but Orton just doesn't put the time in outside of wrestling. Orton reminds me of Shawn Michaels in that sense as Shawn was never interested in the promotional stuff. Imagine if Shawn did the promotional work. He would have been even a bigger name globally & in a non-wrestling manner as well. Guys like HBK, Orton, Taker & such are more interested in just being big in their own field basically the wrestling world while guys like The Rock, Cena, Austin & such don't just want to be huge in just one field but in as many as possible. Saying Orton isn't as big as Cena is right & wrong technically. In a global sense Cena is more over than Orton but in a wrestling world sense I would actually give the edge to Orton over Cena.