PDA

View Full Version : Super Kick

capn-edu
08-07-2011, 09:32 PM
Idk but i find it really strange how Impact wreslting does the super kick so often buy many guys in the roster
and in WWE Shawn's finisher was the super kick (Sweet Chin Music)
with guys like ziggler, Morrison, R-truth its a nice move to have in your moveset?
to be honest I don't see it as often in WWE :/ which is a basic strong kick
opinions?

IrkenInvader
08-07-2011, 09:35 PM
Well it is a nice move but WWE wanted it to be a finisher for Shawn so they limited its use. I like it as a finisher or signature ad I don't want it to be used as a regular move. As that sorta devalues it.

Bodom
08-07-2011, 09:37 PM
I don't want it to be used as a regular move. As that sorta devalues it.

ROH needs to learn this lesson.

helmsley
08-07-2011, 09:41 PM
i also think that its good that wwe doesnt use the super kick that often, ive also seen tna using the codebreaker a lot

capn-edu
08-07-2011, 09:45 PM
well TNA always portrays is it as a devastating move

but you know the moves are never as "effective"
until someone makes it his or her finisher move

take a look at Ortons angle slam and Kurts
of course Kurts is "better"
i just want to see it once in a while :/

Ruthless_Aggression
08-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Well both companies tend to use the opposing company's wrestlers' finishers like they were common moves as a way to bury them when their opponents kick out from it. Kurt performed an RKO at Lockdown to take a shot at Randy and the 'E gave the Style's Clash to a Diva.

helmsley
08-07-2011, 10:00 PM
Well both companies tend to use the opposing company's wrestlers' finishers like they were common moves as a way to bury them when their opponents kick out from it. Kurt performed an RKO at Lockdown to take a shot at Randy and the 'E gave the Style's Clash to a Diva.

o dont think its a actually to burt them, i think is more a "if youre not in this company we can use the move" kind of thing, but orton-angle thing is just to mess around each other

RagingBallsFTW
08-07-2011, 10:23 PM

Beat me to it. :D

IrkenInvader
08-07-2011, 10:32 PM

If every one they did looked klike this I wouldn't care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm49wwGztHU

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-07-2011, 10:38 PM
Doesn't Shawn Michaels' super kick have more of an impactful blow compared to an average super kick? It just seems like Shawn Michaels put more into his kick to make it stand out from the rest an seem more impactful to the viewers.

Uneyque
08-08-2011, 12:52 AM
I just wish Morrison would use his version of the superkick, the 'Nitro Blast' once in a while, maybe a tribute to Michaels.

tshizzy34
08-08-2011, 05:40 AM
Doesn't Shawn Michaels' super kick have more of an impactful blow compared to an average super kick? It just seems like Shawn Michaels put more into his kick to make it stand out from the rest an seem more impactful to the viewers.

Yea I kinda thought this as well. If it doesn't then it sure does seem like it does to me.

Markedoutforlife
08-08-2011, 08:21 AM
Superkick sux as a finisher, maybe thats why ive never been a fan of michaels

AOF666
08-08-2011, 09:09 AM
Have people forgotten Steven Richard's finisher was a super kick also: The Stevie Kick

Markedoutforlife
08-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Have people forgotten Steven Richard's finisher was a super kick also: The Stevie Kick

He also had a mimmick gimmick....

Bodom
08-08-2011, 10:02 AM
If every one they did looked klike this I wouldn't care.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vm49wwGztHU

Doesn't matter what it looks like when nobody sells it.

FLWWEFan
08-08-2011, 12:53 PM
Chris Adams had one of the best Superkicks EVER! Pretty much the inventor of it back in the 80's.

S.E. Zero
08-08-2011, 03:18 PM
Its a great move to have but if its meant to used as a finisher it can't be used a regular move.

3 of 10 wrestlers using it as a finishing/signature move stands out better than 7 of 10 wrestlers using it.

steveorton
08-09-2011, 07:38 AM
Well it is a nice move but WWE wanted it to be a finisher for Shawn so they limited its use. I like it as a finisher or signature ad I don't want it to be used as a regular move. As that sorta devalues it.

^^^^This, I'm jus sayin...