PDA

View Full Version : PPV Dark matches

Dashing Rachel
08-07-2011, 06:17 PM
Every WWE PPV has a non-televised dark match which features wrestlers who are not on the card as a way of firing up the live crowd while TNA does not do preshow dark matches (with the exception of Bound for Glory). My question is what is your take on WWE PPV dark matches?

Ruthless_Aggression
08-07-2011, 06:19 PM
Can't really comment what we can't see, but it does look like a good idea, and at WM, everyone should be getting that sweet little bonus on their paychecks. So I think it does the job its supposed to do.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 06:22 PM
I agree with them. It gets the crowd all woken up and enables them to say we were there we saw this and you didnt. Same with the dark matches after the main shows featuring top superstars. Its like tickets worth to the fans

LMPunker
08-07-2011, 06:27 PM
it engages the crowd give them abit more for their money and if the match is good it will kick off an angle for the 2 wrestlers

capn-edu
08-07-2011, 06:31 PM
i mean they paid we watch it illegally
so they gotta win something? dont they?

S.E. Zero
08-07-2011, 06:31 PM
It does what its suppoused to do get thge crowd pumped up, so why not have them? TNA will never learn

Rokudo
08-07-2011, 06:50 PM
It's a great idea! Dark matches not only pump up the crowd, but give lower carders and development wrestlers a chance to perform in frond of a live crowd. Btw, about the WM dark match/battle royal. How pissed must the New Nexus have been at Orton and creative to be the only workers not on the card? lol
As for TNA, they don't do it because they pay workers per appearance and they have more matches on the card then wwe.

Y2J___Y2J
08-07-2011, 06:56 PM
It's probably a good idea tbh to get the crowd ready for the action etc.
On the other hand they may not pop as loud for the real show but I doubt it would make much difference

HCollins-TNA1
08-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Every WWE PPV has a non-televised dark match which features wrestlers who are not on the card as a way of firing up the live crowd while TNA does not do preshow dark matches (with the exception of Bound for Glory). My question is what is your take on WWE PPV dark matches?

Actually TNA does dark matches for several PPVs.. Usually Lockdown is the other PPV maybe another....
I feel a dark match can be good as it give several guys a chance to shine... Then in someways it take away from the show it self...

Rich Cranium
08-07-2011, 07:27 PM
I sometimes think the dark matches are better than what's on the show. Maybe if WWE ever gets their network TV deal up and running, they could possibly air these for those of us not in attendance.

TNA 'The very best'
08-07-2011, 08:21 PM
Actually TNA does dark matches for several PPVs.. Usually Lockdown is the other PPV maybe another....
I feel a dark match can be good as it give several guys a chance to shine... Then in someways it take away from the show it self...

I was going to say, I'm pretty sure TNA does dark matchs more than BFG, not all the. Time but alot.

Manabu
08-07-2011, 08:46 PM
I think it's a good idea, a match at the beginning not only pumps up the crowd but helps some of the workers get over (albeit not much but it helps) as for the post main event dark matches, they're useful for sending the crowd home happy plus if there's been a poor main event or angle it can end the night well

Dashing Rachel
08-07-2011, 11:02 PM
The only TNA PPVs that I can remember that featured dark matches are Bound for Glory and Lockdown since these two PPV are on the road. Meanwhile every WWE PPV has a dark match.