PDA

View Full Version : European Football Predictions for 2011-12

Juvenile Junkie
08-07-2011, 11:55 AM
who are your league winners and top 6 for this season?

La Liga: 1.Barcelona 2.Real Madrid 3.Valencia 4.Malaga 5.Villarreal 6.Atletico Madrid
Serie A: 1.AC Milan 2.Internazionale 3.Juventus 4.Roma 5.Napoli 6.Fiorentina
EPL : 1.Manyoo 2.Chelski 3. Football's prostitutes 4.LFC 5.Child traffickers 6.Spurs

Champions League: Real Madrid
Europa League: its almost impossible to predict.
FIFA Club World Cup: Barcelona

might change should major some transfers happen.Last year Milan sign Ibrahimovic at the back end of the transfer market,and that prooved to be the transfer of the season.

Manabu
08-07-2011, 12:07 PM
german league: 1.dortmund 2. bayern leverkusen 3. bayern munich 4. werder bremen 5. wolfsburg not sure for 6th
serie a: pretty much the same as yours but I see roma finishing 3rd
epl: 1.man city 2.chelsea 3.man u 4.spurs 5.arsenal 6.sunderland

as for champions league I'd go with real madrid too
spurs for europa
no idea whose in the club world cup

Juvenile Junkie
08-07-2011, 12:22 PM
german league: 1.dortmund 2. bayern leverkusen 3. bayern munich 4. werder bremen 5. wolfsburg not sure for 6th
serie a: pretty much the same as yours but I see roma finishing 3rd
epl: 1.man city 2.chelsea 3.man u 4.spurs 5.arsenal 6.sunderland

as for champions league I'd go with real madrid too
spurs for europa
no idea whose in the club world cup

nah,english clubs flop in the Europa League.

I think City will be distacted with UCL matches.I have Sunderland for seventh,but it looks like we both rate them for a higher than usaul finish.

Liverpool and Juventus don't have European commitments this year.

Stuttgart for 6th,but Bayern as champions

Club world cup will be Barca,Santos(neymar,ganso),TP Mazembe,not sure who else

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 12:30 PM
England: 1.Man United, 2. Man City, 3. Chelsea.
Spain: 1. Barca, 2. Real Madrid, 3. Malaga (Yes, sticking my neck out lol)
Italy: 1. Inter, 2. AC Milan, 3. Juve, 4. Napoli (To be fair, it'll be between those 4 for me, it's why I put 4 in, it could be any order from them)
Germany: 1. Dortmund, 2. Levekeusen, 3. Bayern
France: 1. PSG, 2. Lille, 3. Lyon.

Champions League: Unsure personally, but between Barca, United, Inter for me.

Manabu
08-07-2011, 12:35 PM
nah,english clubs flop in the Europa League.

I think City will be distacted with UCL matches.I have Sunderland for seventh,but it looks like we both rate them for a higher than usaul finish.

Liverpool and Juventus don't have European commitments this year.

Stuttgart for 6th,but Bayern as champions

Club world cup will be Barca,Santos(neymar,ganso),TP Mazembe,not sure who else

Mmmm, they always seem to be so close but end up losing in the semis
I see what you mean about city but they're annoying score then defend tactic will probably get them quite far
Sunderland could get 6th or 7th given the players they've got, they're a good attacking force but the defence isnt the best
liverpool just dont strike me as a team who could get in cl this year, Im not sure why but with players like suarez and carrol they should be doing a lot better
bayern are very good in midfield and attack but in my opinion they only have 2 good defenders, lahm and badstubber. Dortmund have cl to focus on but I can see them being champions again
and as for the world cup I'll have to go with barca

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 12:48 PM
Mmmm, they always seem to be so close but end up losing in the semis
I see what you mean about city but they're annoying score then defend tactic will probably get them quite far
Sunderland could get 6th or 7th given the players they've got, they're a good attacking force but the defence isnt the best
liverpool just dont strike me as a team who could get in cl this year, Im not sure why but with players like suarez and carrol they should be doing a lot better
bayern are very good in midfield and attack but in my opinion they only have 2 good defenders, lahm and badstubber. Dortmund have cl to focus on but I can see them being champions again
and as for the world cup I'll have to go with barca

I can't see Sunderland finishing above Liverpool.

Adam, Carroll, Suarez, Downing and Henderson will greatly suit the squad.

Manabu
08-07-2011, 12:54 PM
I can't see Sunderland finishing above Liverpool.

Adam, Carroll, Suarez, Downing and Henderson will greatly suit the squad.

but where will adam play? though hes a great player he plays in the same position as gerrard, which is great considering gerrard is out with injury but Im not sure what adam will do once gerrard is back. Im looking forward to seeing liverpool play though seeing as they had such a bad season last year (not horrific but the torres situation and the problem with managers really prevented them from doing better)

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 01:43 PM
but where will adam play? though hes a great player he plays in the same position as gerrard, which is great considering gerrard is out with injury but Im not sure what adam will do once gerrard is back. Im looking forward to seeing liverpool play though seeing as they had such a bad season last year (not horrific but the torres situation and the problem with managers really prevented them from doing better)

Agreed, but it gives Kenny the option to rotate Gerrard in un-important games, because he isn't getting any younger.

Also, Adam will be used in games they feel they can win well, or are going all-guns-blazing.

Me too, I would have put them higher up, but there defence is too poor. With Carragher (Good, but a little sloppy at times and getting old), Skrtel (Can be good, but can be extremely poor), Agger (A great player, but all too often injured/out-of-favour) and Kyriakos (I think I can do a better job at the back than him), they could do poorly again. And that's not even going into their non-existance of a left back and two very young promising Right backs but still playing the dreadful Glen Johnson debacles.

Manabu
08-07-2011, 01:52 PM
Agreed, but it gives Kenny the option to rotate Gerrard in un-important games, because he isn't getting any younger.

Also, Adam will be used in games they feel they can win well, or are going all-guns-blazing.

Me too, I would have put them higher up, but there defence is too poor. With Carragher (Good, but a little sloppy at times and getting old), Skrtel (Can be good, but can be extremely poor), Agger (A great player, but all too often injured/out-of-favour) and Kyriakos (I think I can do a better job at the back than him), they could do poorly again. And that's not even going into their non-existance of a left back and two very young promising Right backs but still playing the dreadful Glen Johnson debacles.

good defenders are hard to come by these days (at least on fifa) Liverpool need to splash out more on defenders up front their fine and the midfield is good too with the recent additions. I dont find johnson that bad but he would work so much better as a wingback rather than a fullback, he's great at getting forward but when it comes to defending he's usually in shambles

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 02:17 PM
good defenders are hard to come by these days (at least on fifa) Liverpool need to splash out more on defenders up front their fine and the midfield is good too with the recent additions. I dont find johnson that bad but he would work so much better as a wingback rather than a fullback, he's great at getting forward but when it comes to defending he's usually in shambles

Very true! But there is good defenders around, Liverpool just have to look more closely to find them.

And he can be good going forward, but traditionally now the best LB's and RB's have to be good at getting forward and staying back.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 02:59 PM
Only 2 leagues in the world matter at the minute

English Premier League: 1st Man u 2nd Man City 3rd Arsenal 4th Chelsea

Spainsh League : 1st Barcelona 2nd Malaga 3rd Real Madrid 4th Valencia

And Barcelona will win the champions league unless they face Chelsea or Arsenal then i think Man U

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 03:16 PM

Spainsh League : 1st Barcelona 2nd Malaga 3rd Real Madrid 4th Valencia

And Barcelona will win the champions league unless they face Chelsea or Arsenal then i think Man U

I think the Budesliga/Serie A would like your interest next season bro!

They are good leagues, especially the Bundesliga, it's very unpredictable and can have brilliant games.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 03:20 PM
I think the Budesliga/Serie A would like your interest next season bro!

They are good leagues, especially the Bundesliga, it's very unpredictable and can have brilliant games.

But neither are anywhere near the standards of the Premier League or La Liga. Sorry but Italian football has declined dramatically these last few years not only on an international level but as an entire league as well.

Teams like AC and Inter Milan should be crushing the likes of Tottenham but they didnt. The only teams that Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man U, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal should be losing to are each other because of the VAST difference in ability.

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 03:31 PM
But neither are anywhere near the standards of the Premier League or La Liga. Sorry but Italian football has declined dramatically these last few years not only on an international level but as an entire league as well.

Teams like AC and Inter Milan should be crushing the likes of Tottenham but they didnt. The only teams that Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man U, Man City, Chelsea and Arsenal should be losing to are each other because of the VAST difference in ability.

Then watch Dortmund. Last season, they were brilliant to watch. A great centre back paring in Hummels/Subotic, a creative midfield of Gotze, Kagawa, Sahin (who has gone to Madrid) and a goalscorer in Barrios. I can see them becoming a real force within this year and the next. They could easily beat City and be very dangerous against Chelsea and Arsenal, simply because they are hard to score against.

And Italy is rebuilding. Juve have a great squad this year, AC are slowly putting together an even better side, and Inter have bought some youth that will be terrific players in the future. I think Italian teams, other than Inter, in recent years are too fearful of losing in the knockout stages of the Champions League. A team to change that mould? Napoli. A strange 3-2-2-1-2 formation, that works. With Cavini there, a 25 goal machine last season, Lavezzi, Hamsik, Maggio, and Inler now in their ranks, they will be a scary team to face next season.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 03:38 PM
Then watch Dortmund. Last season, they were brilliant to watch. A great centre back paring in Hummels/Subotic, a creative midfield of Gotze, Kagawa, Sahin (who has gone to Madrid) and a goalscorer in Barrios. I can see them becoming a real force within this year and the next. They could easily beat City and be very dangerous against Chelsea and Arsenal, simply because they are hard to score against.

And Italy is rebuilding. Juve have a great squad this year, AC are slowly putting together an even better side, and Inter have bought some youth that will be terrific players in the future. I think Italian teams, other than Inter, in recent years are too fearful of losing in the knockout stages of the Champions League. A team to change that mould? Napoli. A strange 3-2-2-1-2 formation, that works. With Cavini there, a 25 goal machine last season, Lavezzi, Hamsik, Maggio, and Inler now in their ranks, they will be a scary team to face next season.

Dortmund will still be destroyed my Man U, Chelsea or Barcelona if they face each other in the Champions League. Just like Schalke were.

Italian Football is one i cant get into ever since the match fixing alligations they have rocketed down hill. And any money in a few years time they will be done for it again. Juventus are a has been team abit like Liverpool at the minute maybe in 5 years time i will start seeing Italian football on par with English or Spanish Football but at the minute in time they are very much the B Leagues in European Football

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 03:43 PM
Dortmund will still be destroyed my Man U, Chelsea or Barcelona if they face each other in the Champions League. Just like Schalke were.

Italian Football is one i cant get into ever since the match fixing alligations they have rocketed down hill. And any money in a few years time they will be done for it again. Juventus are a has been team abit like Liverpool at the minute maybe in 5 years time i will start seeing Italian football on par with English or Spanish Football but at the minute in time they are very much the B Leagues in European Football

To be fair, I think Chelsea would struggle against the way they play. Hummels/Subotic are both superb centre backs, both tall and strong, which is what one Chelsea striker would hate.

I can see why, they are slowly getting better, and Juve this season have bought Vucinic and Vidal in, both terrific players, so could be a force again in Italy.

I'm not saying they aren't the B leagues in Europe (Compared to the EPL IMO, La Liga is incredibly poor below Europe) but they are very entertaining leagues.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 03:52 PM
To be fair, I think Chelsea would struggle against the way they play. Hummels/Subotic are both superb centre backs, both tall and strong, which is what one Chelsea striker would hate.

I can see why, they are slowly getting better, and Juve this season have bought Vucinic and Vidal in, both terrific players, so could be a force again in Italy.

I'm not saying they aren't the B leagues in Europe (Compared to the EPL IMO, La Liga is incredibly poor below Europe) but they are very entertaining leagues.

La Liga has about ten good teams in it Two of which are arguablly the best in the world at the minute and with Malaga rising up wouldnt surprise me if they join the elite list also.

I dont think Chelsea would at all Chelsea are quality in the Champions League and always perform well. Fair point i havent seen them play under this new manager but Chelsea over two legs are even harder to beat then Man U.

Juventus will get done for something again. They are a corrupt team in a corrupt league. Just because you sign 2 quality players dosent mean you join Europes current elite. Look at Liverpool for instance Carrol and Suaresz(cant spell sorry) but they will not get champions league football this year.

Italian teams play boring slow football and when they come across the likes of Barca, Man U, Real, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool etc.... they cant cope. I cant honesty see one team in Italian football that should be a threat to any of the European Elite teams that i listed.

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 04:01 PM
La Liga has about ten good teams in it Two of which are arguablly the best in the world at the minute and with Malaga rising up wouldnt surprise me if they join the elite list also.

I dont think Chelsea would at all Chelsea are quality in the Champions League and always perform well. Fair point i havent seen them play under this new manager but Chelsea over two legs are even harder to beat then Man U.

Juventus will get done for something again. They are a corrupt team in a corrupt league. Just because you sign 2 quality players dosent mean you join Europes current elite. Look at Liverpool for instance Carrol and Suaresz(cant spell sorry) but they will not get champions league football this year.

Italian teams play boring slow football and when they come across the likes of Barca, Man U, Real, Arsenal, Tottenham, Liverpool etc.... they cant cope. I cant honesty see one team in Italian football that should be a threat to any of the European Elite teams that i listed.

It has got Barca, Madrid, Valencia and Villareal. Some teams have one or two good players, but most have horrible defences. Malaga, yes will be a great team, in two years I would guess because they aren't in Europe yet.

The problem with Chelsea, in any game, is that if you frustrate them to not scoring quickly, they panic. It was clear last year, especially if the other team score early. Therefore, assuming that Dortmund would get the home game first, a 1-0 win in Dortmund puts Chelsea in deep water. And, characteristically at the moment, they might crumble. And harder than United? Didn't we beat them over two legs? ;)

Agreed, but the league has been cleaned up. I don't like Juventus, but they needed 2 quality signings, along with 4 other decent signings they've made, to become better again. And to be fair, I have no idea where Liverpool will finish.

To say that denotes that you obviously don't watch Italian football, as that is the characteristic response to an Italian team. Napoli play a fast paced attacking counter football, much like United.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 04:09 PM
It has got Barca, Madrid, Valencia and Villareal. Some teams have one or two good players, but most have horrible defences. Malaga, yes will be a great team, in two years I would guess because they aren't in Europe yet.

The problem with Chelsea, in any game, is that if you frustrate them to not scoring quickly, they panic. It was clear last year, especially if the other team score early. Therefore, assuming that Dortmund would get the home game first, a 1-0 win in Dortmund puts Chelsea in deep water. And, characteristically at the moment, they might crumble. And harder than United? Didn't we beat them over two legs? ;)

Agreed, but the league has been cleaned up. I don't like Juventus, but they needed 2 quality signings, along with 4 other decent signings they've made, to become better again. And to be fair, I have no idea where Liverpool will finish.

To say that denotes that you obviously don't watch Italian football, as that is the characteristic response to an Italian team. Napoli play a fast paced attacking counter football, much like United.

Seville, Athletico Madrid are decent hell theres a few others in the mix.

I did watch Italian football but it bored the hell out of me. By the way Napoli(a very adverage team) playing fast paced football and being as high up in the league as they were last season isnt proving my point as to how bad the Italian league has become???

United are a great team and yes you did beat them over two legs BUT i still would say Chelsea are the hardest team to beat over two legs. Plus with Man U and Barca the home games are never exactly straight down the line are they?

But could Dortmund beat Chelsea 1-0????? i doubt it. The tap in expert that is Lampard? Torres(JOOOOKKKKESSS). But seriously Chelsea can get a goal when they need to just like Man U. I might argue that Dortmund could beat Arsenal at home BUT Arsenal have been excellent at home in Champions League Football(apart form Man U a few years ago)

It would surprise me if Liverpool finish in the top 6 this season. And if Suarez gets injured they are royaly screwed

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Seville, Athletico Madrid are decent hell theres a few others in the mix.

I did watch Italian football but it bored the hell out of me. By the way Napoli(a very adverage team) playing fast paced football and being as high up in the league as they were last season isnt proving my point as to how bad the Italian league has become???

United are a great team and yes you did beat them over two legs BUT i still would say Chelsea are the hardest team to beat over two legs. Plus with Man U and Barca the home games are never exactly straight down the line are they?

But could Dortmund beat Chelsea 1-0????? i doubt it. The tap in expert that is Lampard? Torres(JOOOOKKKKESSS). But seriously Chelsea can get a goal when they need to just like Man U. I might argue that Dortmund could beat Arsenal at home BUT Arsenal have been excellent at home in Champions League Football(apart form Man U a few years ago)

It would surprise me if Liverpool finish in the top 6 this season. And if Suarez gets injured they are royaly screwed

I do enjoy these discussions with you btw bro!

The problem of Sevilla/Athletico I highlighted to be fair, they have a poor defence, which stops them from going further. They do have great players, althought Sevilla are losing more of theirs.

I enjoyed Napoli last season, and to say they are average is a bit harsh. Cavani was insanely dangerous last season, Hamsik is a player I would easily welcome at United, Lavezzi could easily fit in at Chelsea, and Inler is a great player. They could be exciting next season, and they do have money also.

I would argue Chelsea get some choice decisions at home also, but we were formidable at home last season, as is Barca.

I feel they could. Gotze/Kagawa are terrific players, and if you give Barrios a chance he will score. With a talented defence they could shut out Chelsea. Whether they could do that away, time will tell, but I wouldn't write them off.

I'm still unsure about Liverpool. They could be awesome, could be dreadful, I suppose we will have to see. Who do you support then dude?

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 04:20 PM
Im a Gunner.

Maybe but again these players arent much for there international sides when they play against world class opposition. Thierry Henry was the same as is Cristiano Ronaldo.

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 04:24 PM
Im a Gunner.

Maybe but again these players arent much for there international sides when they play against world class opposition. Thierry Henry was the same as is Cristiano Ronaldo.

Ahhh cool! Where do you see your season going then?

Agreed there, but I can understand why some players don't play well internationally. It must be arwkward to be chucked into a team of players you don't regualrly play with.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 04:28 PM
Ahhh cool! Where do you see your season going then?

Agreed there, but I can understand why some players don't play well internationally. It must be arwkward to be chucked into a team of players you don't regualrly play with.

Messi manages it as does Muller and well the spanish side is barcelona so that explains that

Well are Season will go great up until January when half the first team will be injured or Fatigued then are second team for the rest of the season and we lose 10 in a row finishing 10 or 5th

Arsenals first team is one of the best in the world Arsenals 2nd isnt the best in the bottom half of the premier league.

We need signings he dosent get signings then he says we do well for the money but we have money to spend.

I think they should sell Fab and Nasri and get Sneijder under the noses of the manchesters

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 04:34 PM
Messi manages it as does Muller and well the spanish side is barcelona so that explains that

Well are Season will go great up until January when half the first team will be injured or Fatigued then are second team for the rest of the season and we lose 10 in a row finishing 10 or 5th

Arsenals first team is one of the best in the world Arsenals 2nd isnt the best in the bottom half of the premier league.

We need signings he dosent get signings then he says we do well for the money but we have money to spend.

I think they should sell Fab and Nasri and get Sneijder under the noses of the manchesters

Messi actually usually under performs for Argentina, simply because they believe he has to create/score/pass everything they do.

Agreed there, Arsenal have a great first team, it's just a shame Wenger will never spend.

To be fair, that's dreamland man ;) I would adore Sneijder here at United. I agree with Fab and Nasri getting sold, more gametime for Ramsey and I would go out and buy someone like Gotze or Honda, a creative midfielder, and I would've got Vidal (Probably the best DM in the world atm) but since that can't happen, someone like Guarin from Porto.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 04:36 PM
Messi actually usually under performs for Argentina, simply because they believe he has to create/score/pass everything they do.

Agreed there, Arsenal have a great first team, it's just a shame Wenger will never spend.

To be fair, that's dreamland man ;) I would adore Sneijder here at United. I agree with Fab and Nasri getting sold, more gametime for Ramsey and I would go out and buy someone like Gotze or Honda, a creative midfielder, and I would've got Vidal (Probably the best DM in the world atm) but since that can't happen, someone like Guarin from Porto.

Reckon Snejder could join Arsenal because of his friendship with Van Perise. Honda is good but not world class. We need two centre backs, a left, back, a backup DM and a backup GK and we are sorted. Maybe another striker

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 05:06 PM
Reckon Snejder could join Arsenal because of his friendship with Van Perise. Honda is good but not world class. We need two centre backs, a left, back, a backup DM and a backup GK and we are sorted. Maybe another striker

He has stated before he'd only join Manchester United, and doubt Arsenal would spend the money to get him.

And Honda could be world class in the right team. And I'd agree with that.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 05:53 PM
He has stated before he'd only join Manchester United, and doubt Arsenal would spend the money to get him.

And Honda could be world class in the right team. And I'd agree with that.

Then why did he say hes also interested in Man City????

Players always say that kinda crap but nowadays it depends who pays the most wages and where you mates are. Honda is one that wenger is a fan of but we have Ramsay and Wilshere and they are both to simialr to Honda in styles.

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 05:56 PM
Then why did he say hes also interested in Man City????

Players always say that kinda crap but nowadays it depends who pays the most wages and where you mates are. Honda is one that wenger is a fan of but we have Ramsay and Wilshere and they are both to simialr to Honda in styles.

He didn't, City were supposedly interested in him. It was mischief making by Inter to make Man Utd bid. Basically, the crazy circle is, Inter want Tevez, but need the cash, so need to sell. City will sell Tevez, but saying they will swap him with Sneijder is so that they think United will panic and bid.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 06:04 PM
He didn't, City were supposedly interested in him. It was mischief making by Inter to make Man Utd bid. Basically, the crazy circle is, Inter want Tevez, but need the cash, so need to sell. City will sell Tevez, but saying they will swap him with Sneijder is so that they think United will panic and bid.

Trust me hes just trying to get out of Inter he would join either Manchesters he has said before in the past he would consider Manchester City or though he would prefer Manchester United. At the end of the day anyway its who will offer him more in wages and Arsenal cant compete with the two Billionare clubs that are Man U and Man City.

Sneijder would join Tottenham if they paid him enough

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 06:10 PM
Trust me hes just trying to get out of Inter he would join either Manchesters he has said before in the past he would consider Manchester City or though he would prefer Manchester United. At the end of the day anyway its who will offer him more in wages and Arsenal cant compete with the two Billionare clubs that are Man U and Man City.

Sneijder would join Tottenham if they paid him enough

I think he wants out at Inter because of their financial situation.

I think he'll go to United if he leaves, I don't think that City need him and he see's the success of United, not the money of City.

And I doubt that, Tottenham aren't good enough and he plays in the same position as VDV.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 06:19 PM
I think he wants out at Inter because of their financial situation.

I think he'll go to United if he leaves, I don't think that City need him and he see's the success of United, not the money of City.

And I doubt that, Tottenham aren't good enough and he plays in the same position as VDV.

You missed the point. Footballer loyalty only matters to the pay check nowadays unless they are the childhood team and they are doing well. If Tottenham would offer him 200k a week he would sign.

With both Manchesters its a hard choice. Man Utd need a playmaker so guaranteed games, but Man City are going to be the next big team.

LOL it comes down to money mate sorry but it does. Sergio Aguero or whatever his name is wouldnt of joined Man City if not for that. Same with Rooney who was going to leave Man U until they offered him a new contract and same with Patrice Evra.

its all about the MONEY

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 06:25 PM
You missed the point. Footballer loyalty only matters to the pay check nowadays unless they are the childhood team and they are doing well. If Tottenham would offer him 200k a week he would sign.

With both Manchesters its a hard choice. Man Utd need a playmaker so guaranteed games, but Man City are going to be the next big team.

LOL it comes down to money mate sorry but it does. Sergio Aguero or whatever his name is wouldnt of joined Man City if not for that. Same with Rooney who was going to leave Man U until they offered him a new contract and same with Patrice Evra.

its all about the MONEY

It is to some players, but it's also about winning and prestige.

Rooney was badly advised, in my view, by his useless agent. He won't make that mistake again. When did Evra do anything like that?

Of course you need the money to get the best players, you always have, when has it been any different? The fact that Sneijder would pick United over City is the same as why people would pick Madrid over Malaga.

It's the prestige, you played for one of the biggest clubs in the world, that have been big for a long while, in a team that will most likely be remembered.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 06:30 PM
It is to some players, but it's also about winning and prestige.

Rooney was badly advised, in my view, by his useless agent. He won't make that mistake again. When did Evra do anything like that?

Of course you need the money to get the best players, you always have, when has it been any different? The fact that Sneijder would pick United over City is the same as why people would pick Madrid over Malaga.

It's the prestige, you played for one of the biggest clubs in the world, that have been big for a long while, in a team that will most likely be remembered.

VERY VERY VERY FEW.

Evra did ill see if i can find the report but he was going to leave in June then Fergie sat him down and offered him a new contract i was very shocked because he said this a week after askng Nasri to joining United ill see if i can find the article.

Rooney wasnt it was how much money can i make lol

Malaga over Madrid is very different to Man City over Man U. Malaga has a few great players no doubt but who has more stars??? who has the more renown manager???? Man City have just come out and said they arent interested anyway so.

Yes and no didnt Aguero have the chance to join Chelsea last season and Madrid said they would sign him next??

Look at Nasri the reason he wants to leave is because Arsenal re willing to pay him 75k but Man City are willing to pay 150k

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 06:31 PM
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/2011/07/25/patrice-evra-i-almost-left-manchester-united/

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 06:39 PM
VERY VERY VERY FEW.

Evra did ill see if i can find the report but he was going to leave in June then Fergie sat him down and offered him a new contract i was very shocked because he said this a week after askng Nasri to joining United ill see if i can find the article.

Rooney wasnt it was how much money can i make lol

Malaga over Madrid is very different to Man City over Man U. Malaga has a few great players no doubt but who has more stars??? who has the more renown manager???? Man City have just come out and said they arent interested anyway so.

Yes and no didnt Aguero have the chance to join Chelsea last season and Madrid said they would sign him next??

Look at Nasri the reason he wants to leave is because Arsenal re willing to pay him 75k but Man City are willing to pay 150k

I'm meaning that players, after wages, will go with prestige.

The link won't work, but the website isn't a credible source to be fair. The Rooney one is to get more money, he deserved it after the season he had, but the way he went around it was wrong, that was the point I was making.

It is at the moment, but you just answered my prestige ideal. They'd pick United because of the stars/manager/previous proven achievements.

I think he did, but you had to pay a certain price. He had a 45 million euro clause in his contract, don't offer, don't get. Atlethico didn't, for obvious reasons, want to sell to Madrid, and Kun Ageuro ran out of options to be fair.

And that's a stupid amount, and it's frustrating, It's the City/Chelsea effect, United only compete due to our size and continued success. 150k a week is ridiculous for Nasri, not saying he's a poor player, but 150k should be the very, very top bracket.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 06:45 PM
I'm meaning that players, after wages, will go with prestige.

The link won't work, but the website isn't a credible source to be fair. The Rooney one is to get more money, he deserved it after the season he had, but the way he went around it was wrong, that was the point I was making.

It is at the moment, but you just answered my prestige ideal. They'd pick United because of the stars/manager/previous proven achievements.

I think he did, but you had to pay a certain price. He had a 45 million euro clause in his contract, don't offer, don't get. Atlethico didn't, for obvious reasons, want to sell to Madrid, and Kun Ageuro ran out of options to be fair.

And that's a stupid amount, and it's frustrating, It's the City/Chelsea effect, United only compete due to our size and continued success. 150k a week is ridiculous for Nasri, not saying he's a poor player, but 150k should be the very, very top bracket.

Ill find another link if you refuse to believe me.

I actually believe Nasri is a better player then Fabregas when he plays that attacking CM postion so i think hes worth about the same as any world class player which should be around the 100k mark no more.

Oh yeah if Man U can match wages with Man City he would sign for them YOUD be stupid not to.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 06:47 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7060436,00.html

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 06:52 PM
Ill find another link if you refuse to believe me.

I actually believe Nasri is a better player then Fabregas when he plays that attacking CM postion so i think hes worth about the same as any world class player which should be around the 100k mark no more.

Oh yeah if Man U can match wages with Man City he would sign for them YOUD be stupid not to.

I'm not refusing to believe you dude, it makes me sound incredibly harsh! But I study Journalism, and a lot is taken out of context. I wouldn't be surprised if Evra had done, but it probably was a couple of years ago when he was a bit younger.

Agreed, I think Nasri on his day is better than Fabregas. And I think 100k is the right mark, but I think there is the world class and then there is the game changer. The player you know makes an immense difference to a team. And, for me, Rooney is in that calibur for United, he proved it the second half of last season.

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 06:55 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_7060436,00.html

Thankyou dude, I had actually seen this story last year.

It was less about wanting more money, but he was in a poor place after the French World Cup debacle, and obviously his head wasn't in the right place. You can see how much of an influence Sir Alex has.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 06:57 PM
I'm not refusing to believe you dude, it makes me sound incredibly harsh! But I study Journalism, and a lot is taken out of context. I wouldn't be surprised if Evra had done, but it probably was a couple of years ago when he was a bit younger.

Agreed, I think Nasri on his day is better than Fabregas. And I think 100k is the right mark, but I think there is the world class and then there is the game changer. The player you know makes an immense difference to a team. And, for me, Rooney is in that calibur for United, he proved it the second half of last season.

Nope he said it this year about two months ago i posted link here and messaged you it.

Nah i think Berbatov is better then Rooney but ive never been a fan of his since must of been a while ago he hit is prime to early on. I believe the future for England is Daniel Sturriage and Andy Carroll

And well im against footballers earning over 5 million a year anyway.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 06:58 PM
Thankyou dude, I had actually seen this story last year.

It was less about wanting more money, but he was in a poor place after the French World Cup debacle, and obviously his head wasn't in the right place. You can see how much of an influence Sir Alex has.

LAST YEAR?????

Then why is it dated July 25th 2011 and hes talking about the season just gone?

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 07:07 PM
LAST YEAR?????

Then why is it dated July 25th 2011 and hes talking about the season just gone?

Not this exact article man, I'm not that awesome!

No I had heard of the story that Evra wanted to leave yet Sir Alex interviened and he stayed.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 07:08 PM
Not this exact article man, I'm not that awesome!

No I had heard of the story that Evra wanted to leave yet Sir Alex interviened and he stayed.

Thats the thing about Fergie as well if he wants you to stay your staying uness they pay ALOT

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 07:09 PM
Nope he said it this year about two months ago i posted link here and messaged you it.

Nah i think Berbatov is better then Rooney but ive never been a fan of his since must of been a while ago he hit is prime to early on. I believe the future for England is Daniel Sturriage and Andy Carroll

And well im against footballers earning over 5 million a year anyway.

I think Berbatov is a terrific player, exceptionally skillful, but Rooney is a game changer. He isn't always an out and out striker, but has begun to score more goals, he works well, has great play distrubtion, can head the ball, and do something to win a game.

I would agree with Sturridge, but I'm not 100% sure on Carroll. Rooney will be in the setup in the future, as would, I hope, Welbeck.

And so am I really, but it's the world we live in I'm afraid.

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 07:10 PM
Thats the thing about Fergie as well if he wants you to stay your staying uness they pay ALOT

Which is good to see.

It's mostly the same at Arsenal as well.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 07:14 PM
I think Berbatov is a terrific player, exceptionally skillful, but Rooney is a game changer. He isn't always an out and out striker, but has begun to score more goals, he works well, has great play distrubtion, can head the ball, and do something to win a game.

I would agree with Sturridge, but I'm not 100% sure on Carroll. Rooney will be in the setup in the future, as would, I hope, Welbeck.

And so am I really, but it's the world we live in I'm afraid.

I think Carroll could be abit like Crouch but better. Remeber Crouch is a SHIT footballer but because of his height hes able to reach balls others cant. Carroll is a GOOD footballer and about the same size. He could be excellent for england.

One thing im kinda scared of is Lukaku and Sturridge partnership if he stays at Chelsea. They will dominate the premier league surely.

I would say Robin Van Persie is the best striker in the world at the minute in time though and i dont think many could argue. The only bad thing about him is he is very injury prone.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 07:16 PM
Which is good to see.

It's mostly the same at Arsenal as well.

Yes and No. Barca are taking the piss with the money they offer and they dont even want Fabregas.

i remember with Ronaldo Fergie took him everywhere with him that was funny.

Dont forget Arsen let Henry go for what 14 million?? And Man U wouldnt allow that

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 07:20 PM
I think Carroll could be abit like Crouch but better. Remeber Crouch is a SHIT footballer but because of his height hes able to reach balls others cant. Carroll is a GOOD footballer and about the same size. He could be excellent for england.

One thing im kinda scared of is Lukaku and Sturridge partnership if he stays at Chelsea. They will dominate the premier league surely.

I would say Robin Van Persie is the best striker in the world at the minute in time though and i dont think many could argue. The only bad thing about him is he is very injury prone.

True. Carroll has good feet, but I worry he may flop.

They would be good, Lukaku is a supremely good player, I have a blog on young players, and he was my first player haha. But then again, they don't scare me too much because of Smalling/Jones <3.

Again, agreed. He is a terrific player, one of the best strikers in the world (Personally I think it's in a group with Hernandez, Cavani and Gomez, on current form that is). Injury is a problem, as well as his tendancy either to score or to blast it miles over. It's odd, but at least you can tell if it's going in or not!

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 07:21 PM
Yes and No. Barca are taking the piss with the money they offer and they dont even want Fabregas.

i remember with Ronaldo Fergie took him everywhere with him that was funny.

Dont forget Arsen let Henry go for what 14 million?? And Man U wouldnt allow that

True, but Real would pay up, because they knew we'd be stubborn. And that Ronnie is a once-in-a-lifetime player, we are blessed to have him and Messi in the same era.

Henry was getting old, though, and it is annoying that Barca don't just stump up the money.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 07:23 PM
True. Carroll has good feet, but I worry he may flop.

They would be good, Lukaku is a supremely good player, I have a blog on young players, and he was my first player haha. But then again, they don't scare me too much because of Smalling/Jones <3.

Again, agreed. He is a terrific player, one of the best strikers in the world (Personally I think it's in a group with Hernandez, Cavani and Gomez, on current form that is). Injury is a problem, as well as his tendancy either to score or to blast it miles over. It's odd, but at least you can tell if it's going in or not!

On recent form Van Persie is scoring a goal a game and not like 6 goals one game none for 5. He has scored in every of the 14 last competitive games he has played in.

Jones was signed to be a DM though wasnt he?

But he does need to drop Rio now and put in Smalling Rio is way past his best(whenever that was).

Anyway last post for today K-Nackered

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 07:26 PM
True, but Real would pay up, because they knew we'd be stubborn. And that Ronnie is a once-in-a-lifetime player, we are blessed to have him and Messi in the same era.

Henry was getting old, though, and it is annoying that Barca don't just stump up the money.

Add Sneijder to that list.

I know but look at all previous players that Arsenal have sold they dont hold out for money. Petit, Cole, Overmars, Henry, Adebayor etc....... They are the team that wont pay for players and wont sell them for alot either. Dont forget Arsenals most expensive player of all time is 17.5 Million. Van Persie only cost 2.5 mil

TheBeardOfZeus
08-07-2011, 07:28 PM
On recent form Van Persie is scoring a goal a game and not like 6 goals one game none for 5. He has scored in every of the 14 last competitive games he has played in.

Jones was signed to be a DM though wasnt he?

But he does need to drop Rio now and put in Smalling Rio is way past his best(whenever that was).

Anyway last post for today K-Nackered

I wasn't saying he wasn't scoring dude, he does blast it over/wide a bit though.

And no he's a CB by trade. He can play DM, but played all last season CB and it's his favoured position.

Rio is slowly going downwards, Smalling will get plenty of football.

And same here dude!

Steve Austin
08-08-2011, 05:51 PM
BPL: Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City, Arsenal, Spurs.
La Liga: Barcelona, Real Madrid, Valencia, Malaga, Sevilla, Bilbao.
Serie A: Milan, Inter, Juventus, Napoli, Roma, Udinese.

Champions League: Barcelona (winners) vs Man Utd/Chelsea
Europa League: PSG

Juvenile Junkie
08-10-2011, 09:55 AM

You are a Premfacer!

VanHooliganX
08-10-2011, 10:18 AM
EPL:
1st - 3rd: Undecided on the order but Chelsea, Trafford United and Man City will be the top 3. 4th - Spurs 5th - Liverpool 6th - Arsenal
La Liga:
1st - Barca 2nd - Real Madrid 3rd - Sevilla
Seria A:
1st - AC Milan 2nd - Inter Milan 3rd - Juventus
French League:
1st - PSG 2nd - Lyon 3rd - Lille

I'd rate Germanys, Portugal and Hollands but I have no clue how their teams are doing and who they have.

Juvenile Junkie
08-10-2011, 11:59 AM
Serie A predictions might change as Samuel Etoo might be sold to Anzhi Makhachkala and Wesley Sneijder has been tapped up.

Juvenile Junkie
08-16-2011, 11:52 AM
so does anyone want to alter their Arsenal placing now that the exit door has opened.

Vela and Fabregas have gone to test themselves amongst the elite of La Liga

Eboue has gone to Galatasaray??????????Really? does that club have a bigger draw than Arsenal?

Steve Austin
08-16-2011, 11:59 AM
so does anyone want to alter their Arsenal placing now that the exit door has opened.

Vela and Fabregas have gone to test themselves amongst the elite of La Liga

Eboue has gone to Galatasaray??????????Really? does that club have a bigger draw than Arsenal?

I already put them 5th so I don't need to, has Vela gone has he?

Juvenile Junkie
08-16-2011, 12:02 PM
I already put them 5th so I don't need to, has Vela gone has he?

Real Sociedad,on loan,but of he hasn't cracked Arsenal yet,how many chances are they gonna give him?

wouldn't be suprised if Arshavin goes to the rich russian club Anhzi Makhachkala

Steve Austin
08-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Real Sociedad,on loan,but of he hasn't cracked Arsenal yet,how many chances are they gonna give him?

wouldn't be suprised if Arshavin goes to the rich russian club Anhzi Makhachkala

Ah, I'm not sure but I like him and I hope he does well. I was thinking that about Arshavin, it looks like it may be Gervinho and Walcott out wide for them, he seems to have lost a step and is more effective off the bench these days anyway.

TheBeardOfZeus
08-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Ah, I'm not sure but I like him and I hope he does well. I was thinking that about Arshavin, it looks like it may be Gervinho and Walcott out wide for them, he seems to have lost a step and is more effective off the bench these days anyway.

Arshavin seems more effective staying on it recently.

Steve Austin
08-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Arshavin seems more effective staying on it recently.

haha smooth. It may be his time to move on, Liverpool fans will not forget him.

Automatic
08-16-2011, 12:10 PM
Add Sneijder to that list.

I know but look at all previous players that Arsenal have sold they dont hold out for money. Petit, Cole, Overmars, Henry, Adebayor etc....... They are the team that wont pay for players and wont sell them for alot either. Dont forget Arsenals most expensive player of all time is 17.5 Million. Van Persie only cost 2.5 mil

They were very lucky with that. He was a ignorant prick back then.

Juvenile Junkie
08-16-2011, 12:15 PM
Arshavin to Anzhi Makhachkala
Van Persie to Malaga

Juvenile Junkie
08-28-2011, 02:09 PM
So anyone keen to change their predictions after Spurs/City and Arsenal/Manyoo

Juvenile Junkie
08-30-2011, 01:06 AM

Arsenal above Chelsea,so,any regrets?