PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think WWE might screw Daniel Bryan out of his main event WHC match at WM?

johnnydropkicks
08-06-2011, 06:03 PM
I mean if they don't like where he is push-wise and character-wise.

If he's still Bryan basically and they didn't magically turn him into Randy Orton or Batista.

Mtt08 xXx
08-06-2011, 06:05 PM
i dont see him keeping the briefcase until wrestlemania. either he'll cash in before and turn heel, or lose the case to some one else

Automatic
08-06-2011, 06:07 PM
I believe that the guy will keep the briefcase, because he can wrestle. Winning the title is a whole other story.

johnnydropkicks
08-06-2011, 06:10 PM
I believe that the guy will keep the briefcase, because he can wrestle. Winning the title is a whole other story.

yeah the match will probably be the first on the card. good setup.

Ruthless_Aggression
08-06-2011, 06:12 PM
Seems like they are taking the time to give him a chance to run with the ball. Also like they changed his theme up. Seems like the 'E have been throwing us, the IWC, a bone, so only time will tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-gZvu8_zqI

dres1214
08-06-2011, 06:28 PM
As bad as this sounds, he'll keep the money in the bank. But WWE will make him the first to fail and not cash in successfully. Worse case, that he could lose it to Wade Barrett, and then win it back. But we'll see only time will tell. I wouldn't put it past WWE to let the fans down, or should I say the "IWC" down.

URATOOL
08-06-2011, 06:31 PM
Here's a curve ball. The briefcase has a contract for a guaranteed title match. What's to say he doesn't cash it in on the WWE title. Let ADR cash in and take the WWE title the week before WM and then have DB cash in straight away and take the title straight off him. DB goes into WM the WWE champ. He gets his WM match, ADR gets screwed (again) and we get an "OH F*CK! I didn't see that coming" moment.

Reloval
08-06-2011, 06:33 PM
As bad as this sounds, he'll keep the money in the bank. But WWE will make him the first to fail and not cash in successfully. Worse case, that he could lose it to Wade Barrett, and then win it back. But we'll see only time will tell. I wouldn't put it past WWE to let the fans down, or should I say the "IWC" down.

As much as I like Bryan, failing to cash in isn't a bad thing in my book. WWE needs to have some failed cash ins happening soon or else the MitB concept will begin to run stale.

Mtt08 xXx
08-06-2011, 06:40 PM
Here's a curve ball. The briefcase has a contract for a guaranteed title match. What's to say he doesn't cash it in on the WWE title. Let ADR cash in and take the WWE title the week before WM and then have DB cash in straight away and take the title straight off him. DB goes into WM the WWE champ. He gets his WM match, ADR gets screwed (again) and we get an "OH F*CK! I didn't see that coming" moment.

the briefcases are brand specific, so if he were to cash in itd have to be on the WHC

johnnydropkicks
08-06-2011, 06:42 PM

god I hope not. and it'll be like "oh but I got to live my dream" hey maybe he'll heel turn with it. beat down whoever he loses too.

Grind_Bastard
08-06-2011, 06:44 PM
Seems like they are taking the time to give him a chance to run with the ball. Also like they changed his theme up. Seems like the 'E have been throwing us, the IWC, a bone, so only time will tell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-gZvu8_zqI

I like the new theme, it has a Therion-esque atmosphere, keeping the classical music feeling.

On topic: I really hope he cashes it at Mania. But I'm not so sure. Time will tell.

I hope he doesn't lose it to Barrett. Not because I don't like the Brit, just because, in that case, they should have booked Barrett winning the MITB match.

Mr. McMahon
08-06-2011, 06:45 PM
no. and why did you spell dolph ziggler's song title incorrectly? are you trying to be cool and funky because it looks plain stupid, something a 15 year old would do

helmsley
08-06-2011, 06:50 PM
im sure he wont be cashing in at wm, either he will cash in before or he will lose the briefcase

The Brown One
08-06-2011, 06:51 PM

Lol not gonna happen. They said at the beginning of the Smackdown MITB match at the MITB PPV "This briefcase contains a contract for the World Heavyweight Championship that can be cashed in anytime for up to a year".

I don't know why people still think that "Bryan can cash in to win the WWE title."

johnnydropkicks
08-06-2011, 06:53 PM
no. and why did you spell dolph ziggler's song title incorrectly? are you trying to be cool and funky because it looks plain stupid, something a 15 year old would do

didn't even know I'd done it

RagnarokNRoll
08-06-2011, 07:13 PM
I like the new theme, it has a Therion-esque atmosphere, keeping the classical music feeling.

On topic: I really hope he cashes it at Mania. But I'm not so sure. Time will tell.

I hope he doesn't lose it to Barrett. Not because I don't like the Brit, just because, in that case, they should have booked Barrett winning the MITB match.

Great call on the theme it does sound like Therion. I an also just impressed that someone on here know who Therion is.

Jonnybass
08-06-2011, 07:26 PM
i hope that they give him some sort of winning run, just making everyone tap.

i dont see the him getting the title at Mania, but i see him going into mania with it maybe and losing it.

FaceOfSpades
08-06-2011, 07:44 PM
Wwe has a couple plans for mania very early. I hope db keeps it, but if not, what's one more dropped ball to the wwe?

Rilla
08-06-2011, 08:08 PM
They don't have a reason to have DB drop it, honestly.

URATOOL
08-06-2011, 08:23 PM
the briefcases are brand specific, so if he were to cash in itd have to be on the WHC

In that case what would happen if a MITB winner got drafted (or fired from and brand and hire by the other) while still having an uncashed in case?

Mtt08 xXx
08-06-2011, 08:24 PM
In that case what would happen if a MITB winner got draft (or fired from and brand and hire by the other) while still having an uncashed in case?

well spoiler alert, WWE is scripted. they either wouldnt do that, or provide an explanation

ratedy2jayz
08-06-2011, 08:25 PM
I honestly dont care if he wins the title match or not. If it's a title match at mania, im sure DB will put on a phenomenal show and have everyone talking about it. That should get him another shot down the road.. I'm just scared they're gonna have him drop the case to someone else.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-06-2011, 08:27 PM
You know, Call me nuts but I have faith that the WWE will handle Daniel Bryan correctly.... I questioned what they did to him on NXT, I questioned when they fired him.... But the reaction he got at Summer Slam and the Night he had, you couldnt create that kinda emotion with any push to the moon.... They have been making him progress slowly but in the right direction, i think he wil win the belt at WM 28.

URATOOL
08-06-2011, 08:28 PM
Lol not gonna happen. They said at the beginning of the Smackdown MITB match at the MITB PPV "This briefcase contains a contract for the World Heavyweight Championship that can be cashed in anytime for up to a year".

I don't know why people still think that "Bryan can cash in to win the WWE title."

You are aware that this is WWE we are talking about right? They can fudge the 'rules'and bend the fact to suit a storyline at any point. Like HHH saying he'd rehired JOMO just to further his I'm the new boss image. JOMO was never released or fired, nor did he quit. He was out for a few weeks with an injury. But in the wonderful world of the E we have to just accept that they can rewrite whatever they like. So yes it is totally within the realms of possiblity that they could let DB cash in on the WWE title or ADR cash in on the WHC title.

URATOOL
08-06-2011, 08:37 PM
well spoiler alert, WWE is scripted. they either wouldnt do that, or provide an explanation

Exactly. They could do it and say it's for whatever reason they want. Why not have to uncashed cases on the same brand? Why not have a cash in followed by other cash in for the title within one match? You could even have a cash in and then another cash in before the end of the match making it a triple threat match. The IWC keep banging on about wanting originality. What could be more original than turning the whole MITB winner cash in on it's head.

Think about it. ADR cashes in against a battered champion. Everyone thinks "Finally ADR gonna get a strap" and then before he is able to win DB runs down the ramp and cashes in as well. Now you can tell me a triple threat match with two MITB winners trying to cash in at once wouldn't be a very original and very memorable match if played out right.

Mtt08 xXx
08-06-2011, 08:41 PM
Exactly. They could do it and say it's for whatever reason they want. Why not have to uncashed cases on the same brand? Why not have a cash in followed by other cash in for the title within one match? You could even have a cash in and then another cash in before the end of the match making it a triple threat match. The IWC keep banging on about wanting originality. What could be more original than turning the whole MITB winner cash in on it's head.

Think about it. ADR cashes in against a battered champion. Everyone thinks "Finally ADR gonna get a strap" and then before he is able to win DB runs down the ramp and cashes in as well. Now you can tell me a triple threat match with two MITB winners trying to cash in at once wouldn't be a very original and very memorable match if played out right.

well if you want to try to add a logical explanation to something like the WWE, why would bryan WANT to face a battered champion, as well as a fresh ADR? doesnt make sense. the blue case is for the WHC, i dont see that changing.

URATOOL
08-06-2011, 08:44 PM
well if you want to try to add a logical explanation to something like the WWE, why would bryan WANT to face a battered champion, as well as a fresh ADR? doesnt make sense. the blue case is for the WHC, i dont see that changing.

But would YOU like to see that scenario? For the sake of originality. Maybe even having it end with DB beating ADR with a cross arm breaker just for a laugh. It would also guarantee a MITB failed cash in. Something that needs to happen at some point IMHO.

Mtt08 xXx
08-06-2011, 08:46 PM
But would YOU like to see that scenario? For the sake of originality. Maybe even having it end with DB beating ADR with a cross arm breaker just for a laugh. It would also guarantee a MITB failed cash in. Something that needs to happen at some point IMHO.

personally no i wouldnt want to see that. i think bryan having the case his good for Smackdown and his career. but an opinion is an opinion and i respect yours, i just disagree

Y2J___Y2J
08-06-2011, 08:57 PM
I think he'll probably lose the case to Wade Barrett. Hope not because I would love to see Bryan hold the title

AOF666
08-06-2011, 10:16 PM
I thought they have a signed contract inside so you can't loose the briefcase.

gohan
08-06-2011, 10:54 PM
lets hope and pray they let keep the case lets hope they do not screw him over !!!!! lets hope he win the belt

Asherdelampyr
08-06-2011, 10:58 PM
I thought they have a signed contract inside so you can't loose the briefcase.

Not exactly
as proven when Mr Kennedy lost his in a match
no, I can't be arsed to find the date

CMRyder
08-06-2011, 11:53 PM
He will keep the case....Win the WHC at Mania. Book it.

Lamar8902
08-07-2011, 01:49 AM

I think ur rite on the money I think Daniel B will be the first to unsuccessfully cash in the MITB briefcase and that sucks if it happens at Wrestlemania or sooner but let's hope not

tshizzy34
08-07-2011, 02:11 AM
He's gonna cash in and fail simple as that imo.

Juvenile Junkie
08-07-2011, 06:23 AM
wwe needs people to cash in and lose.Like Del Rio did with the rumble.You can't have everybody winning MITB and RR and winning,they need people to be unsuccessful.Whats the point of buying a PPV if you know the winner of the RR or MITB ALWAYS becomes champion?They goona use him to start giving the MITB a bit of unpredictability

hystrix
08-07-2011, 03:18 PM
Not exactly
as proven when Mr Kennedy lost his in a match
no, I can't be arsed to find the date

Ok, I wanna point out that Mr Kennedy lost his MitB breifcase because he had a legit injury. Bryan is not hurt. He won't "lose" his breifcase. He may lose the match he cashes in on, but he'll keep the breifcase until then...

imswm
08-07-2011, 03:52 PM
I can't believe people are already posting about Mania, though I see it all over this Forum. With the WWE changing directions multiple times each week, not to mention a history of not honoring stips or following through on angles (Isn't that the "leaving" Punk in the face of the "getting fired" Cena?). it's better not to get too pumped so far in advance, then be disappointed when the event is near, IMO>