PDA

View Full Version : Should TNA do a invasion angle?

Murphdogg4
08-06-2011, 01:37 PM
With all the WWE names just fired and scoop a few more that are out there? I think it could possibly work..If russo wasn't booking

Ruthless_Aggression
08-06-2011, 01:50 PM
Vlad and DHS are not big enough stars to make for an interesting 'E invasion angle. Maybe when they first got the likes of Kurt, Christian, and Booker, but not two jobbers. This is why the WCW invasion angle sucked.

Rich Cranium
08-06-2011, 01:53 PM
Isn't Smith going into MMA?

Can Masters, Koslov, and Melina really make an invasion? Doubtful.

North Vegas Benny
08-06-2011, 01:55 PM
People already hate the WWE rejects that TNA picks up. Picking up the new class of rejects would just make no sense, TNA already has to big of a roster and these people would be taking more air time away from the people in TNA that deserve the air time.

Murphdogg4
08-06-2011, 01:59 PM

they could also try and sign guys like MVP for it. And have one of their big names like Angle pull a Hulk Hogan/nwo and join.

Robareid
08-06-2011, 02:00 PM
In a word no.

But if they were to do it there is more than masters and kozlov: gallows, knox, carlito, MVP, archer,

Kiss My Ass Club Member
08-06-2011, 02:01 PM
Please God no! It would not be believable at all. Theyre not well known. DH Smith hasnt een been on TV since last year.

If they even tried to "Invade" they would be laughed at. Who would take them seriously?

helmsley
08-06-2011, 02:02 PM
it could work if all the wwe ex superstars join in tna, for example, kurt angle, jeff hardy, mr kennedy , brian kendrick, rvd, and maybe hiring shelton benjamin, carlito, masters,mvp and dh smith

i think it could be interesting feuding them with tna originals

Murphdogg4
08-06-2011, 02:06 PM
I don't think people are reading the "and scooping some other former talent up" part. They could get MVP, the worlds greatest tag team etc.

nrb6304
08-06-2011, 02:13 PM
it could work if all the wwe ex superstars join in tna, for example, kurt angle, jeff hardy, mr kennedy , brian kendrick, rvd, and maybe hiring shelton benjamin, carlito, masters,mvp and dh smith

You mean Fortane? Cause I'm pretty sure they're already feuding with an "invasion" aka Immortal (only TNA orginals in there is Gunner Abyss).
Please god no more invasions. TNA is always trying to think of a "bigger" storyline for the company. Something that will "effect" the whole company. And not to sound like a WWE mark but if the WWE can't pull off a successful invasion then TNA SURE AS HELL can't.

That's coming from the dude who is ALWAYS defending TNA

Ruthless_Aggression
08-06-2011, 02:15 PM
I don't think people are reading the "and scooping some other former talent up" part. They could get MVP, the worlds greatest tag team etc.

WGTT are signed in a more binding contract with ROH I believe.

And MVP was asked about if he was feeling homesick enough to return to America and join TNA, he responded "I will never be that homesick" or something like that.

Russo swerve
08-06-2011, 02:58 PM
Is this a joke????

Rilla
08-06-2011, 03:04 PM

they could also try and sign guys like MVP for it. And have one of their big names like Angle pull a Hulk Hogan/nwo and join.

And MVP was asked about if he was feeling homesick enough to return to America and join TNA, he responded "I will never be that homesick" or something like that.

DH - Going to Japan again.

MVP, as quoted above - Will never be homesick enough to go to TNA. ROFL

THEKEVINBRAND
08-06-2011, 03:31 PM

nope going back to Japan

HCollins-TNA1
08-06-2011, 03:57 PM
No no no.......

Poot-Hair
08-06-2011, 04:23 PM
I would like to see DH in a TNA ring, dude has a good look and wasn't used well in the WWE. Melina would actually be a pretty good pickup for TNA as well. I mean she is a multi-time women's slutbag...I mean uhhh....champion. She could bring ratings up, but at what cost? Giving half of TNA's roster herpes of the butthole would be a major no no....

HCollins-TNA1
08-06-2011, 04:37 PM

Supposedly yes..... but I don't know if he can adapt to such.... But if anyone can he could... Being trained by his dad and uncles and Chris Beniot....

The_Awesome_One
08-06-2011, 04:40 PM
Supposedly yes..... but I don't know if he can adapt to such.... But if anyone can he could... Being trained by his dad and uncles and Chris Beniot....

Lashley and Lesner did it and probably some others but I cant think of them

HCollins-TNA1
08-06-2011, 04:45 PM

Lashley and Lesner are very different they had that college/ amateur background..... Not many can cross over like they did and adapt....

HCollins-TNA1
08-06-2011, 04:49 PM

to name 3 or 4
Bart Gunn
Sean O'Harie
Craig the Pittbull Pittman (but he had a amateur background)

eboy

I'd love to see WGTT in TNA but apparently Sheltion Benjiman thinks that he could go back to WWE so...

i'd love to see
MVP
Carlito
Chris Masters
Vlad

in TNA

FLWWEFan
With all the WWE names just fired and scoop a few more that are out there? I think it could possibly work..If russo wasn't booking

No, honestly it's been done before a few times, actually. They seriously need to come up with some new stuff. TNA's storylines are friggin' horrible!

HCollins-TNA1
08-06-2011, 05:00 PM
If they had the right guys to build a Invasion yes..... they need at least one star.... but as said this has been done dozens of times in wrestling with ECW and WWF, nwo and WCW, WWF and USWA and WCW/ECW and WWE.... just to name a few times...

Y2J___Y2J
08-06-2011, 05:19 PM
TNA doesn't need any more WWE rejects.. It's not that I don't like the guys or respect the talent they have or what they do.. It's that when TNA sign some of these guys, they push them a lot harder than the talent that they have had for years.!

AOF666
08-06-2011, 05:57 PM
People already hate the WWE rejects that TNA picks up. Picking up the new class of rejects would just make no sense, TNA already has to big of a roster and these people would be taking more air time away from the people in TNA that deserve the air time.

So your calling Gail Kim a reject?

North Vegas Benny
08-06-2011, 06:02 PM

No, I feel she already made a better name for herself in TNA. But the rest of the scraps that TNA are picking up from WWE I do call rejects. Besides she quit and was not fired.

K2Jelly
08-06-2011, 07:39 PM
Seeing as how they royally screwed up their last invasion angle, no.

Rich Cranium
08-06-2011, 07:53 PM

At least she will be able to 'wrestle' in TNA.

Rilla
08-06-2011, 08:10 PM
As soon as Gail leaves... Diva's division picks up. Ironic.

HCollins-TNA1
08-07-2011, 02:05 AM
As soon as Gail leaves... Diva's division picks up. Ironic.

Don't think so.... Please tell me you joking!!!

Necroyeti
08-07-2011, 02:07 AM
NO.
double no

North Vegas Benny
08-07-2011, 02:10 AM
Don't think so.... Please tell me you joking!!!

I don't think he is, me myself I have wanted WWE to use Gail Kim, Natalya, and Beth Phoenix to revive the women's devision for a while now and as soon as Gail Kim leaves they are pushing the other two all of the sudden.

PHENOMINAL ENIGMA
08-07-2011, 02:15 AM

Yeah every1 hates
Kurt Angle
RVD
Pope
Matt Morgan
etc.(sarcasm)

but i do agree with the TNA talent deserving the time

North Vegas Benny
08-07-2011, 02:21 AM
Yeah every1 hates
Kurt Angle
RVD
Pope
Matt Morgan
etc.(sarcasm)

but i do agree with the TNA talent deserving the time

The only one on that list who you might have made a point with was Angle

RVD hasn't been shit since the real ECW
Elijah Burke sucked in WWE
I don't even remember Matt Morgan in the WWE (but I do know he was there)

The only other wrestler that TNA picked up from WWE that was any good was Mr. Anderson

HCollins-TNA1
08-07-2011, 02:26 AM
The only one on that list who you might have made a point with was Angle

RVD hasn't been shit since the real ECW
Elijah Burke sucked in WWE
I don't even remember Matt Morgan in the WWE (but I do know he was there)

The only other wrestler that TNA picked up from WWE that was any good was Mr. Anderson
Obviously 2005 must didn't happen for you????
Angle is best...
RVD well he the self-proclaim best... but pretty talented guy still move great to this day...
Pope will and always will be mid carder....
Matt Morgan his time will be upon us soon late this year or 2012????

HCollins-TNA1
08-07-2011, 02:30 AM
I don't think he is, me myself I have wanted WWE to use Gail Kim, Natalya, and Beth Phoenix to revive the women's devision for a while now and as soon as Gail Kim leaves they are pushing the other two all of the sudden.

Still don't think they going to do nothing.... they was still mad at Gail when she went to TNA the 1st time... Just wonder how long will Natalya pushed say if Tyson Kidd is the next to be released???
With Beth getting a push and he bf resigning with the WWE the sky the limit for her... and maybe we can have Trish and Beth at WM28????
Really didn't see WWE using Gail.... at least TNA will if she comes back there..

North Vegas Benny
08-07-2011, 02:34 AM
Obviously 2005 must didn't happen for you????
Angle is best...
RVD well he the self-proclaim best... but pretty talented guy still move great to this day...
Pope will and always will be mid carder....
Matt Morgan his time will be upon us soon late this year or 2012????

I'm sorry, I'm a stoner and I should love Rob420 but Rob's moves have looked sloppy since after the real ECW days. Matt Morgan I wasn't trying to talk shit about he is one of the reasons I still watch TNA, but when he was in WWE they wasted his talent and let him go.

KJ PUNK
08-07-2011, 02:46 AM
Didn't TNA do an "Invasion" with ECW like last year? And failed miserably? Then no.

HCollins-TNA1
08-07-2011, 02:50 AM
I'm sorry, I'm a stoner and I should love Rob420 but Rob's moves have looked sloppy since after the real ECW days. Matt Morgan I wasn't trying to talk shit about he is one of the reasons I still watch TNA, but when he was in WWE they wasted his talent and let him go.
It might might be the Pot for Rob.... but he can still move good even if sloppy... you got to think his legs ain't in the best of shape... but he still risk all... Did win the WWE title in 2005...
Matt Morgan idk if it was Vince, Shane, Triple H or who ever in the WWE.... but they drop the ball with Morgan.. giving him a stupid gimmick...
His time is still to come in TNA I think!!???

HCollins-TNA1
08-07-2011, 02:53 AM
Didn't TNA do an "Invasion" with ECW like last year? And failed miserably? Then no.

They didn't really do a Invasion angle.... they did a Reunion angle....

Juvenile Junkie
08-07-2011, 06:18 AM
forget about it.screw these midcarders

tnawhat
08-07-2011, 06:46 AM

3 quarters of the roster would be gone then

Juvenile Junkie
08-07-2011, 07:14 AM
what is it with people and Invasion storylines??

Juvenile Junkie
08-07-2011, 07:15 AM
its not really an invasion if we know WWE publically fired them.Or future endeavored them

Ruthless_Aggression
08-07-2011, 01:17 PM
How would this play out?

Mike Tenay: Oh my God! Chris Mordetzky, Harry Smith, and Oleg Prudius are terrorizing the IMPACT! zone!

Taz: Who?

Juvenile Junkie
08-10-2011, 12:25 PM
How would this play out?

Mike Tenay: Oh my God! Chris Mordetzky, Harry Smith, and Oleg Prudius are terrorizing the IMPACT! zone!

Taz: Who?

That would be an Austin 3:16 moment