PDA

View Full Version : Vladimir Kozlov- What Happened?

alexrules01
08-05-2011, 09:52 PM
He was one of the most dominant forces on Smackdown! when he started, he even beat The Undertaker cleanly on a SD! episode. Then he was dropped so fast. I know he always seemed very mechanical in his movement, but to have such a high acolade of beating The Undertaker, on one of his rare SD! appearances, he must have pissed someone right off

CMRyder
08-05-2011, 10:09 PM
He's boring. Thats what.

Bodom
08-05-2011, 10:21 PM
He's boring. Thats what.

Lies. Kozlov planking was awesome.

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 10:22 PM
Kozlov was so badass. He deserved better then the goofy shit WWE had him doing.

derrrr01
08-05-2011, 10:24 PM
What happened? He got fired.

Dameduse823
08-05-2011, 10:48 PM
He's boring. Thats what.

Not really, when he first started as this unstoppable bad ass I found him very entertaining and the fact that he beat undertaker clean by reversing one of his signatures, to me, was a sign that he was gonna be big. WWE fucked up with him like they do with almost everyone

TheRockerGother
08-05-2011, 11:07 PM
He went from being unbeatable to main eventer to faction with Regal and Jackson to comedian quiet sad \:.

tshizzy34
08-05-2011, 11:10 PM
Kozlof was fricken awesome in the ring. You wanna talk about someone boring in the ring? Oh wait we don't even need it mentioned. At least Kozlof showed some true emotion in the ring and had a decent move set, which is more than I can say about some guys!

CMRyder
08-05-2011, 11:11 PM
Not really, when he first started as this unstoppable bad ass I found him very entertaining and the fact that he beat undertaker clean by reversing one of his signatures, to me, was a sign that he was gonna be big. WWE fucked up with him like they do with almost everyone

Thats when I found him most boring.

kersh
08-06-2011, 02:58 AM
koslov's greatest ever moment andf it was only about 10seconds

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-lR1XddAzI

The Brown One
08-06-2011, 03:04 AM
Kozlov's high point was when he was facing Triple H for the WWE/World title (I forget which one). His wrestling was seriously boring..headbutt, chokeslam etc. His gimmick was decent at best. Not a big loss at all.

Yano88
08-06-2011, 03:19 AM
Kozlov > Great Khali

kersh
08-06-2011, 03:22 AM
Kozlov > Great Khali

but wwe sells more in india than russia.

LMPunker
08-06-2011, 04:56 AM
wrestling triple h live on his first ppv match exposed how limited he truely was if it wasnt for the jeff hardy angle and edge returning nobody would remember that match

cymru96123
08-06-2011, 04:57 AM
What happened? Zack Ryder happened.

HeelTurn
08-06-2011, 05:02 AM
It was probably due to the fact he wasnt over with the fans, if you remember WWE was desperately trying to push him in the main event scene, but the fans didnt want it. At Survivor Series when he faced Triple H for the title, the fans chanted "boring" and even "TNA". So they ended up turning him face eventually and into a comedy character, like they did with Khali and Santino.

Yano88
08-06-2011, 05:30 AM
but wwe sells more in india than russia.

True.

If WWE starts to do well in Russia they'll re-hire Kozlov and give him a World Title.

Juvenile Junkie
08-06-2011, 06:35 AM
He was like a WWE rip off of the Klitschko brothers

Juvenile Junkie
08-06-2011, 06:36 AM
True.

If WWE starts to do well in Russia they'll re-hire Kozlov and give him a World Title.

ECW world title

Marx
08-06-2011, 08:21 AM
Kozlov has nothing to complain about. They started him with a decent push, he didn't get over.. afterwards he did what they asked him to do, until they had nothing more for him to do, so they let him go.

I respect Kozlov as he seems to be a true professional (he did his best when pushed as badass, and did his best during the comedic stuff), but I won't miss him.

The constant wining when someone gets endavoured - in my opinion - is kinda getting old. When WWE keeps pushing someone that gets no response they get criticized for 'forcefeeding us some clown we don't want', when they release someone that gets no response 'they should have pushed him better'..

Almost all releases in WWE and TNA I've seen happening the last few years seemed to make sense: Shelton Benjamin, Jay Lethal and maybe a few others as exceptions.

Snair
08-06-2011, 08:35 AM
He was quite onedimensional tbh, so he's release didnt come as a shock to me.And another thing I'll to add is when they can fire guys like Masters, Kozlov then what the hell are they doing with Khali?

lykkekage
08-06-2011, 08:52 AM
He was quite onedimensional tbh, so he's release didnt come as a shock to me.And another thing I'll to add is when they can fire guys like Masters, Kozlov then what the hell are they doing with Khali?

Its simple, Khali is popular as hell in India, the only reason they have him around.

OT: Kozlov was never something special, criticizing WWE for not pushing him right is just stupid. They gave him a super heel push, he didnt get over, so they took him down the card. The fans didnt care about him and didnt want him in the Main Event, so why force him to the main event? I dont see why people is complaining, do you guys remember that he was actually boring as hell ?

WWTNA Mark
08-06-2011, 09:49 AM
Its simple, Khali is popular as hell in India, the only reason they have him around.

OT: Kozlov was never something special, criticizing WWE for not pushing him right is just stupid. They gave him a super heel push, he didnt get over, so they took him down the card. The fans didnt care about him and didnt want him in the Main Event, so why force him to the main event? I dont see why people is complaining, do you guys remember that he was actually boring as hell ?

Um, actually its not stupid for criticizing WWE for not pushing him. He could have gotten a better push to be honest. Just because he didn't get enough "crowd reaction"? SO??? Their are heel wrestlers that didn't get enough crowd reaction when they first started off as a heel but then went to become the greatest heels of all time with proper push and proper build *Cough*Triple H*Cough* so that is irrelevant. With proper build, a better moveset, and working on his mic skills, and changing his look up a bit, he could have been a real deal. As for him being boring, sigh. lol He wasn't suppose to show personality, he was suppose to be a monster heel!

Marx
08-06-2011, 11:13 AM
With proper build, a better moveset, and working on his mic skills, and changing his look up a bit, he could have been a real deal.

Read this sentence again please. Basically you're saying everything should change. Why would they go through all this trouble for a 39-year old dude, that could do with a workout schedule too?

WWE has heel talent enough, they really don't need Kozlov. The roster is big enough as it is, and I'd rather see them putting Tyler Black, Colt Cabana and the Kings of Wrestling on tv as soon as possible.

WWTNA Mark
08-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Read this sentence again please. Basically you're saying everything should change. Why would they go through all this trouble for a 39-year old dude, that could do with a workout schedule too?

WWE has heel talent enough, they really don't need Kozlov. The roster is big enough as it is, and I'd rather see them putting Tyler Black, Colt Cabana and the Kings of Wrestling on tv as soon as possible.

Whats wrong with a little reboot? Every wrestler can't stay the same you know. IMO, Kozlov could have been a true badass with a little change up. I didn't say he needed to COMPLETELY CHANGE but a little reboot wouldn't hurt. Ask Triple H. Also, Kozlov being 39 is a piss-poor excuse and completely irreverent. R-Truth is 39 as well but WWE still changed up his gimmick so why not do the same for Kozlov?

I never even said WWE needed Kozlov. I'm just saying that he could have been big deal if pushed right. I'm not making a big deal about him being released.

CMRyder
08-06-2011, 12:03 PM
Kozlov was boring people. Seriously. Good riddance.

Robareid
08-06-2011, 12:10 PM
Depressingly, I found him most entertaining just before he left, as a monster heel I found him boring same with mid card, I thought he had found his place with comedy but oh well, future endeavours allow others to move in

WWTNA Mark
08-06-2011, 12:12 PM
Kozlov was boring people. Seriously. Good riddance.

I disagree but ah well, each to their own.

capn-edu
08-06-2011, 12:27 PM
swagger and Mcyintre treatment if you ask me

PersonalPet98
08-06-2011, 01:13 PM
Wrestling has been suffering from bad writers for awhile now....Vince made a mistake when he let his ultra-liberal dumb prostitute daughter take over the reigns. Whenever she's on that time of the month another talent gets the ax......After Vince retires it'll be interesting to see how fast she and Triple HHH run it into the ground.......

He was one of the most dominant forces on Smackdown! when he started, he even beat The Undertaker cleanly on a SD! episode. Then he was dropped so fast. I know he always seemed very mechanical in his movement, but to have such a high acolade of beating The Undertaker, on one of his rare SD! appearances, he must have pissed someone right off

CobraNightviper
08-06-2011, 01:37 PM
I can't believe that no one made any Ivan Drago comments yet because when he first started thats who he reminded me of I must break you.

AOF666
08-06-2011, 01:49 PM
Shawn Michaels gave him his first defeat. It killed his monster heel gimmick and it turned him into a clown.

Rich Cranium
08-06-2011, 01:51 PM
Whats wrong with a little reboot? Every wrestler can't stay the same you know. IMO, Kozlov could have been a true badass with a little change up. I didn't say he needed to COMPLETELY CHANGE but a little reboot wouldn't hurt. Ask Triple H. Also, Kozlov being 39 is a piss-poor excuse and completely irreverent. R-Truth is 39 as well but WWE still changed up his gimmick so why not do the same for Kozlov?

I never even said WWE needed Kozlov. I'm just saying that he could have been big deal if pushed right. I'm not making a big deal about him being released.

He was a badass when he debuted. They should have stayed with the Moscow Mauler instead of Santino's sidekick.

WWTNA Mark
08-06-2011, 02:13 PM
He was a badass when he debuted. They should have stayed with the Moscow Mauler instead of Santino's sidekick.

My thoughts exactly. What killed his character was being defeated by Shawn Michaels, not competing at Wrestlemaina to get his gimmick over, and drafting him to ECW, making him look like a joke.

helmsley
08-06-2011, 02:58 PM
My thoughts exactly. What killed his character was being defeated by Shawn Michaels, not competing at Wrestlemaina to get his gimmick over, and drafting him to ECW, making him look like a joke.

agree with you, plus he had limited mic skills which is the big difference between r truth and him

Joonny
08-06-2011, 06:08 PM
In his last days in WWE, he was more a entertainer than a wrestler.

But loved his gangsta-planking "gimmick".

Viperfish
08-07-2011, 03:42 PM
I thought he was always boring. I didn't think he had the look to be an Ivan Drago. Ivan Drago was way taller than Rocky, and bigger too.

He had a great face for being an intense and angry guy, sort of like Shamrock when Shamrock got angry. Ironically they never really used it throughout his run in WWE and did just the opposite with him. They should've kept the ethnic flavor to him and pushed him as a workhorse guy... they're always talking about his sambo and he's trained in many different styles including MMA, so I think they should've just had him as a guy who could deliver in the ring and allow him to exhibit those skills.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-07-2011, 04:02 PM
The guy had NEEDED A MANAGER desperatly written all over him. Plus he has been in WWE for what 4 years? maybe more and how many other talents last that long because they cant cut promos.

Hell WWE got rid of Matt Morgan alot quicker then they did Kozlov and Morgan is arguably the best 7 footer around today.

Enforcer23
08-08-2011, 01:17 AM
im surpirsed they didint release santino aswell

Iron Ape
08-08-2011, 01:38 AM
im surpirsed they didint release santino aswell
Why? The guy is massively over and sells merch.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-08-2011, 05:32 AM
Why? The guy is massively over and sells merch.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^ Yep 100% agree only.

Only an Idiot would fire Santino hes the comic relief character that fans love and he can switch from heel to face easily. Hes an excellent addition to the roster.