PDA

View Full Version : Otunga and Michael

capn-edu
08-05-2011, 09:29 PM
im actually enjoying their matches the more i see them
and they actually seem to grow as a team as they perform a new tag move in every match
Not to mention the Usos their grrrrreat!

idk maybe more tag teams would fix the division
but i want you opinion in the new nexus :D

CMRyder
08-05-2011, 09:39 PM
Ugh. No. WWE is trying to make them look good but they are the worst tag team since the "Highlanders". Release both these clowns please. Put the straps on the Usos and form some new Teams

TNA 'The very best'
08-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Ugh. No. WWE is trying to make them look good but they are the worst tag team since the "Highlanders". Release both these clowns please. Put the straps on the Usos and form some new Teams

Why get rid if Michael, i see a lot of potential in him.

As far as the tag teams go, they need to rebuild it, but will they??/ that is the million dollar question. they seem to try and then it goes right down again.

derrrr01
08-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Keep them, and have the KoW deystroy them, then begin to rebuild the Tag Team division from there.

CMRyder
08-05-2011, 10:02 PM
Why get rid if Michael, i see a lot of potential in him.

As far as the tag teams go, they need to rebuild it, but will they??/ that is the million dollar question. they seem to try and then it goes right down again.

You do? I don't. Just...he's as horrible as Otunga imo. Considering on who his daddy was I thought he'd have potential too, but I guess it doesn't run in the family.

123mlewis
08-05-2011, 10:04 PM
one the higlanders could wrestle I think u ment the same guy's that were around the smae time there called the spirit squad and o'tonga aint that good but mm is good in my opinon they just need wokr

TNA 'The very best'
08-05-2011, 10:04 PM
You do? I don't. Just...he's as horrible as Otunga imo. Considering on who his daddy was I thought he'd have potential too, but I guess it doesn't run in the family.

Right now, yea he looks shit, but until he has a run as a singles competitor, im going to give him a chance.,

HCollins-TNA1
08-05-2011, 10:05 PM
im actually enjoying their matches the more i see them
and they actually seem to grow as a team as they perform a new tag move in every match
Not to mention the Usos their grrrrreat!

idk maybe more tag teams would fix the division
but i want you opinion in the new nexus :D

I think they make a good team... McGillicuty got the background, if one remember before his dad went on to be AWA champ and Perfect Curt was a tag champ... WWE needs teams like this to keep the division interesting...
But what they do need is fresh competition..... bring some new teams, create some new teams... Just not Santino and Ryder as they are Comedy meets Cool...

CMRyder
08-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Right now, yea he looks shit, but until he has a run as a singles competitor, im going to give him a chance.,

Fair enough.

tshizzy34
08-05-2011, 11:08 PM
I just hope the TTD improves sooner than later because right now it's about as believable as the Divas Division!

miraistreak
08-06-2011, 01:20 AM
My honest opinion on "The tag team formally known as New Nexus" is the following:

Michael has potential in terms of in ring ability, granted there are a dime a dozen for ring tacticians in the WWE, so he's nothing special. This is compounded by the fact that he has Mic Skills that make ECW Debut Jack Swagger look good.

Otunga has better Mic skills than the average WWE non-main eventer (jobber-Upper Mid Card) however, that is a very low bar indeed. His skills on the mic are indeed overrated, but I think part of this has to do with A) he was called up too early, and B) He gets few opportunities to improve on TV. I remember maybe just two promos he's had since Wade Barrett left the Nexus at the end of last year, and both we're short. Of course, despite having what I'll call above average (for his level) mic skills, he is still green -- all things considered in his in-ring ability.

Having said that though, there are some things that I can say positively.

1) Their chemistry is improving
2) Dare I say, I've actually been entertained on occasion.
3) They look more like a tag team than Koslov and Santino ever did (signature double team moves, signature ways of tagging in, taunts etc., standard heel tag team tactics)
4) They're somewhat credible. (Most tag teams would have to start from square one -- even Ryder/Hawkins would take time, Michael and Otunga have been on TV solid since their debut)
5) Only Heel Tag Team (with the Usos turning Face, and Corre disbanding, there is no one left)
6) Otunga in particular while still 'green' is indeed getting better. I know its hard to admit, but look back to NXT, it is night and day. He looks more comfortable and confident. Hell he botches less than Sin Cara (cheap shot and unfair I know)

JLeeDude1892
08-06-2011, 02:15 AM
Otunga is a shame to the wrestling industry.
Hennig is awesome. He's just like his dad.
They need to get the belts off of them right away though, and fire Otunga, but make Hennig a star.

alexrules01
08-06-2011, 07:07 AM
People have said otunga has decent mic skills, some even say good. I dont see it at all? All his promos are him trying to remember script lines, its so obvious.

SkilletBoi
08-06-2011, 07:08 AM
No intent to offend anyone but I don't think anyone should get extra credit or props just because their a 2nd generation superstar, if they're good, they're good, if they suck then they suck. Personally, I don't have a solid opinion on Otunga on Michael as I dont really pay attention yo the tag team division, the only one of their matches I watched was against Santino and Ryder (mainly because of ryder) and Ryder reversed 'the Verdict' in to a Rough Ryder (which was superbly done on both parts) but I have a feeling that if Michael wasnt Curt's son then JLeeDude1892 would want him gone just as much as he wants Otunga to be gone.

(first ever post on ANY forum btw, so im still very new to this)

CMRyder
08-06-2011, 12:05 PM
Otunga is a shame to the wrestling industry.
Hennig is awesome. He's just like his dad.
They need to get the belts off of them right away though, and fire Otunga, but make Hennig a star.

You made me lol my friend. If he had an ounce of talent his dad did he'd be my favorite right now.

capn-edu
08-06-2011, 12:20 PM
My honest opinion on "The tag team formally known as New Nexus" is the following:

Michael has potential in terms of in ring ability, granted there are a dime a dozen for ring tacticians in the WWE, so he's nothing special. This is compounded by the fact that he has Mic Skills that make ECW Debut Jack Swagger look good.

Otunga has better Mic skills than the average WWE non-main eventer (jobber-Upper Mid Card) however, that is a very low bar indeed. His skills on the mic are indeed overrated, but I think part of this has to do with A) he was called up too early, and B) He gets few opportunities to improve on TV. I remember maybe just two promos he's had since Wade Barrett left the Nexus at the end of last year, and both we're short. Of course, despite having what I'll call above average (for his level) mic skills, he is still green -- all things considered in his in-ring ability.

3) They look more like a tag team than Koslov and Santino ever did (signature double team moves, signature ways of tagging in, taunts etc., standard heel tag team tactics)
4) They're somewhat credible. (Most tag teams would have to start from square one -- even Ryder/Hawkins would take time, Michael and Otunga have been on TV solid since their debut)
5) Only Heel Tag Team (with the Usos turning Face, and Corre disbanding, there is no one left)
6) Otunga in particular while still 'green' is indeed getting better. I know its hard to admit, but look back to NXT, it is night and day. He looks more comfortable and confident. Hell he botches less than Sin Cara (cheap shot and unfair I know)

yep they are getting better agreed
and Michael would have the background and Otunga the voice

Robareid
08-06-2011, 12:27 PM

Completely agree

Snair
08-06-2011, 12:53 PM
Otunga is so great that even makes Micheal look worthless.

WWTNA Mark
08-06-2011, 12:57 PM
David Otunga has potential. He isn't the best wrestler but hes slowly improving. He has decent mic skills. He also has some charisma and is good as the Hollywood snob type character. Once he really improves in the ring then he isn't going to be that bad to be honest. When he was guest host on Raw a while ago, he did a pretty good job and presented himself well. I'm not going to say hes the next big star but he has potential. Don't count the man out people.

Joe Henning is good in the ring but his mic skills might be holding him back. His NXT promo was the worst promo I have ever heard. He needs to improve on the mic to present himself better.

Rilla
08-06-2011, 01:04 PM

Agreed.

Over the past few weeks, they have been showing better chemistry.

MM - Workhorse, for obvious reasons.

Otunga - Talker.

TheRockerGother
08-06-2011, 04:08 PM
To rebuild the tag division I think what would be best is 2 separate tag team belts again.For both shows have there fair share of tag teams like back in 2008 we'd have (if I remember correctly) Jesse&Festus,Hawkins&Ryder,Miz n Morrison,Finley&Hornswoogle(every once in a while even though I didn't like that),The Colons,Rhodes&Diabese,Lance&Murdoch,Cryme Time fair share of teams. So bringing in 2 belts could help.

HCollins-TNA1
08-06-2011, 04:23 PM
To rebuild the tag division I think what would be best is 2 separate tag team belts again.For both shows have there fair share of tag teams like back in 2008 we'd have (if I remember correctly) Jesse&Festus,Hawkins&Ryder,Miz n Morrison,Finley&Hornswoogle(every once in a while even though I didn't like that),The Colons,Rhodes&Diabese,Lance&Murdoch,Cryme Time fair share of teams. So bringing in 2 belts could help.
The thing is WWE lack tag teams.... 2 sets of belts wouldn't work....
Also the same for the women unless they bring the womens tag belts and bring back Judy Martin and Lalini Kai or the Jumping Bomb Angles to drop the belts to the Bellas...
Also I think the same applies to the World and WWE title... the Main Event picture lacks sometimes... right now it strong, but every now and then they go back and only push the same 3 or 4 guys for the belts....

Mikeyboy7777777
08-06-2011, 04:29 PM
if the nexus would actually when they lose lose the titles and win them back or anything then it would be well both teams would come over as credible since slater & gabriel are called 3 time tag team champions and it means nothing they need alot of more reigns give them more promo time also give the usos more time they MUST win the tag team titles because the crowd is leaving them they need to cheer them again since they lost too much and the nexus is already boo'd so losing the titles and winning them back would be good

Bammer
08-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Otunga/Hennig Vs Beth Phoenix/Natayla!. for some reason i can see this happening

TheRockerGother
08-06-2011, 06:07 PM
The thing is WWE lack tag teams.... 2 sets of belts wouldn't work....
Also the same for the women unless they bring the womens tag belts and bring back Judy Martin and Lalini Kai or the Jumping Bomb Angles to drop the belts to the Bellas...
Also I think the same applies to the World and WWE title... the Main Event picture lacks sometimes... right now it strong, but every now and then they go back and only push the same 3 or 4 guys for the belts....

True you have a point but I'm not saying to do it like in one week maybe have a angle where the belts are destroyed and in a month start working have more guys teaming up Drew&Mason Ryan (when he returns) would seem good Trent&Sin Cara would be good as well have Rey with Evan Bounre Swagger with Reks maybe Ryder with Santino would be a good comedian tag team as well. Slowly start making some tag teams maybe sign some and bring in a tag team tournament for both shows for separate belts