PDA

View Full Version : Melina Tells WWE To Give The Divas A Chance

TBG
08-05-2011, 10:02 AM
This is from wrestlingnewsworld.com

Melina wrote the following on Twitter:

Dear WWE, #GiveWWEDivasAChance http://twitition.com/y5e4o

The link goes to a petition that reads as follows:

WWE management has done nothing but treat the WWE Divas with disrespect over the past few months. Us fans feel as if we have been duped with 60 second matches that are rushed for various reasons. Quite simply, we have had enough. This is a message to WWE that there IS an audience for the Divas division and to treat ALL the women in the company with the respect they deserve. WWE talent such as CM Punk & Bret Hart have spoken out about the state of the Divas division and now we're going to do what we can to show that we care. PLEASE sign the twitition & spread the word!

I think that Melina is right. I have seen live events where the Divas get long matches and, while not brilliant, they are quite good.

What do you think?

Enforcer23
08-05-2011, 10:05 AM
i kinda think they are giving them a chance now

xAzureSkye
08-05-2011, 10:15 AM
Now that Goldust is in charge, the Divas are finally getting a chance.

CMRyder
08-05-2011, 10:29 AM
No. I think the minute they do get is a complete waste of time.

SESAfro
08-05-2011, 10:32 AM
We all know that she's right. I just think that the petition shouldn't have been twitter based or else I would have signed.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-05-2011, 10:35 AM
I signed it. I'm sick of the divas being treated disrespectfully.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
08-05-2011, 10:36 AM
You know what is a great opportunity for the Divas?

Dark matches. Keep them there.

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 10:38 AM
Melina saying this is really irrelevant. People need to stop with the "Divas need to be given a chance" crap. Women's wrestling aren't suppose to be a big deal in pro wrestling. Not taking anything away from great women's wrestlers out there but its just how it is. You can't expect your division to be taken seriously when the Diva matches and storylines haven't been entertaining from when Trish and Lita were still in WWE.

jethro
08-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Most of the divas matches comes off awkward especially Kelly kelly involved.

Lowki
08-05-2011, 10:42 AM
WWE Responds to Melina's petition:
twitter.com/wwe

WWE has come to terms on the release of @RealMelina as of today August 5, 2011. We wish Melina the best in all future endeavors.

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 10:42 AM
Most of the divas matches comes off awkward especially Kelly kelly involved.

Yet, people wonder why the Divas aren't taken seriously.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
08-05-2011, 10:46 AM
The only reason why the Divas Division as a whole got any spot light in the last 20 years is because they had half-naked matches and posed butt-naked in magazines.

Rilla
08-05-2011, 10:55 AM
twitter.com/wwe

WWE has come to terms on the release of @RealMelina as of today August 5, 2011. We wish Melina the best in all future endeavors.

I LOL'd, a lot.

xAzureSkye
08-05-2011, 11:07 AM
The only reason why the Divas Division as a whole got any spot light in the last 20 years is because they had half-naked matches and posed butt-naked in magazines.

I'm not gonna take offense from a guy with that signature.

Y2J___Y2J
08-05-2011, 11:31 AM
TBH when the Diva's match comes on.. I go take a piss and when by the time I'm finished it's already over.. I like it that way

bcfccalum
08-05-2011, 11:38 AM
maybe this should be rephrased, divas like kelly kelly as hot as she maybe cant wrestle. so the amount of time she has is just right, but the women with actual wrestling ability should be given more airtime

CMRyder
08-05-2011, 11:48 AM
Melina saying this is really irrelevant. People need to stop with the "Divas need to be given a chance" crap. Women's wrestling aren't suppose to be a big deal in pro wrestling. Not taking anything away from great women's wrestlers out there but its just how it is. You can't expect your division to be taken seriously when the Diva matches and storylines haven't been entertaining from when Trish and Lita were still in WWE.

And they weren't that entertaining then.

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 11:51 AM

Great point. ;)

capn-edu
08-05-2011, 11:52 AM
Give divas a chance?
slut era coming back?

SESAfro
08-05-2011, 11:53 AM
maybe this should be rephrased, divas like kelly kelly as hot as she maybe cant wrestle. so the amount of time she has is just right, but the women with actual wrestling ability should be given more airtime
The truth.

The_Awesome_One
08-05-2011, 11:58 AM
I would call out their bluff but I'm not on twitter so, no I'm not

IMO what they should do is completely overhaul the division by getting rid of the lets say 'shite' ones from inring competition and only sign ones that can actually wrestle, if you want to have hot chicks in there then they should be arm candi/managers for some of the men like edge used to have Lita and Morrison Melina

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 12:00 PM
I would call out their bluff but I'm not on twitter so, no I'm not

IMO what they should do is completely overhaul the division by getting rid of the lets say 'shite' ones from inring competition and only sign ones that can actually wrestle, if you want to have hot chicks in there then they should be arm candi/managers for some of the men like edge used to have Lita and Morrison Melina

If they get rid of the shitty Divas wrestlers, WWE would only have 5 Divas left.

xAzureSkye
08-05-2011, 12:01 PM

Clearly you need to get your head out of your ass.. yes they were. The fans always got behind them and their matches were long and entertaining.

xAzureSkye
08-05-2011, 12:02 PM
If they get rid of the shitty Divas wrestlers, WWE would only have 5 Divas left.

They'd have 7 actually.

Beth, Natalya, Gail, Melina, Tamina, AJ, Kharma :D

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 12:03 PM
They'd have 7 actually.

Beth, Natalya, Gail, Melina, Tamina, AJ, Kharma :D

9! I forgot Maryse and Layla. :D

xAzureSkye
08-05-2011, 12:07 PM
9! I forgot Maryse and Layla. :D

See.. the Divas aren't all bad. & plus they have a lot of decent wrestlers in FCW ready for the main roster. Naomi, Sonya, Tenille, Britani, Irina and maybe Raquel

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 12:14 PM
See.. the Divas aren't all bad. & plus they have a lot of decent wrestlers in FCW ready for the main roster. Naomi, Sonya, Tenille, Britani, Irina and maybe Raquel

Not saying the Divas are bad but they mostly complain a lot. You rarely heard Trish complaining and Lita complaining, they went out there and took it up a notch. Melina nor have the Divas(expect for Beth and Natalya ;)) hasn't done a single thing to convince me that Women's wrestling matters so her complaining is just pathetic IMO.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Wow. The comments I'm reading in this thread are like ..... wow. LOL.

I'm just gonna say this and leave it alone. Male or Female. If you are able to give me a good match and can manage to get me invested in it through an interesting feud or a storyline of some sort, you deserve to be showcased more. The least WWE can do is give them storylines and TRY to see where it goes. I mean, we've had good diva feuds and storylines in the past.

Sable vs. Jacqueline
Chyna vs. Ivory (RTC)
Trish vs. Stephanie McMahon
Victoria vs. Molly Holly
Lita vs. Trish
Trish vs. Mickie James (PRETTY UNDERRATED)
Mickie James vs. Melina
Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James

That's not even all of them. That's just ones I can name right now, or at least ones that were good. Then even if they can't wrestle, then use them as managers for other superstars aka Sunny, Trish, Cherry, etc. Am I saying the divas are the best thing in wrestling? Hell no. My thing is, if they're going to be on TV, don't give the shit to work with. USE them for something credible.

Hopefully WWE does it soon before I turn into these guys and start saying funny shit about the divas. xD

Krakzor
08-05-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the start of a diva invasion angle...

All joking aside, if the divas were given a storyline more complicated than an "i hate you" or "i want to be divas champ" storyline, maybe things would be more interesting. If they had a CM Punkish figure for the divas division (Beth Phoenix) start ranting about their mistreatment, maybe things would get more interesting. But then this might happen:

Melina: Divas need more time to wrestle!
Crowd: Booooooooooo

at least a reaction for them is better than a piss break

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Wow. The comments I'm reading in this thread are like ..... wow. LOL.

I'm just gonna say this and leave it alone. Male or Female. If you are able to give me a good match and can manage to get me invested in it through an interesting feud or a storyline of some sort, you deserve to be showcased more. The least WWE can do is give them storylines and TRY to see where it goes. I mean, we've had good diva feuds and storylines in the past.

Sable vs. Jacqueline
Chyna vs. Ivory (RTC)
Trish vs. Stephanie McMahon
Victoria vs. Molly Holly
Lita vs. Trish
Trish vs. Mickie James (PRETTY UNDERRATED)
Mickie James vs. Melina
Beth Phoenix vs. Mickie James

That's not even all of them. That's just ones I can name right now, or at least ones that were good. Then even if they can't wrestle, then use them as managers for other superstars aka Sunny, Trish, Cherry, etc. Am I saying the divas are the best thing in wrestling? Hell no. My thing is, if they're going to be on TV, don't give the shit to work with. USE them for something credible.

Hopefully WWE does it soon before I turn into these guys and start saying funny shit about the divas. xD

Look, those matches sound great and all but the Divas can't expect people and WWE to take them seriously(especially with most of the Divas on their roster) so why bother complaining? Its been the case for years with the Divas division, it is not meant to be taken seriosuly no matter how entertaining the matches are. If they want to be taken seriously then stop complaining and ACTUALLY WRESTLE. Prove to us why women's wrestler matters.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Look, those matches sound great and all but the Divas can't expect people and WWE to take them seriously(especially with most of the Divas on their roster) so why bother complaining? Its been the case for years with the Divas division, it is not meant to be taken seriosuly no matter how entertaining the matches are. If they want to be taken seriously then stop complaining and ACTUALLY WRESTLE. Prove to us why women's wrestler matters.
I understand that. However, they can't PROVE ANYTHING unless given the material to showcase themselves. I don't care how good you are, there is no way in hell you're putting on a good match in 1 minute. It is also hard to CARE about the divas when they don't have any programs (feuds or storylines) to work with. It is not just the diva's fault entirely. Some of the fault lies with the company.

Yes, they may complain, but you'd probably do it too if you were in their situation.

VanHooliganX
08-05-2011, 12:46 PM
I try giving them a chance. But when I get back from my toilet break the match is over.

When they give a match longer than 2 mins on Raw or Smackdown then maybe the divas division can grow a little

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 12:49 PM
I understand that. However, they can't PROVE ANYTHING unless given the material to showcase themselves. I don't care how good you are, there is no way in hell you're putting on a good match in 1 minute. It is also hard to CARE about the divas when they don't have any programs (feuds or storylines) to work with. It is not just the diva's fault entirely. Some of the fault lies with the company.

Yes, they may complain, but you'd probably do it too if you were in their situation.

True but good wrestlers could work with what they got no matter how much time they have. If they really wanted to make an impact in the Diva's division, then they should step it up on the mic and improve in the ring to do so. Most of the Divas are green, hell, the great Diva wrestlers are green as well. Instead of comlaining as to why WWE doesn't showcase them more, why not improve on certain aspects to take the Divas division to another level? If I were in their shoes, I would better myself first and then hope I get showcased more. Complaining on Twitter isn't going to help.

davieboytellem
08-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Ryan Clark just posted breaking news on his facebook and apparently Melina, Koslov, and Gail Kim have been released

thejman93
08-05-2011, 12:53 PM
Ryan Clark just posted breaking news on his facebook and apparently Melina, Koslov, and Gail Kim have been released

I hate to be insensitive but Melina getting canned is the best thing that could've happened for John Morrison.

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 12:55 PM
I hate to be insensitive but Melina getting canned is the best thing that could've happened for John Morrison.

Agreed, although, JOMO must be PISSED!

Krakzor
08-05-2011, 12:56 PM
twitter.com/wwe

Wow youre right!!!! hahahah

EDIT: Hahaha i cant wait for the meltdown of Zack Ryder's dad :D

Automatic
08-05-2011, 12:57 PM
Not saying the Divas are bad but they mostly complain a lot. You rarely heard Trish complaining and Lita complaining, they went out there and took it up a notch. Melina nor have the Divas(expect for Beth and Natalya ;)) hasn't done a single thing to convince me that Women's wrestling matters so her complaining is just pathetic IMO.

Enter the phenomenon of Social Media. What's there to complain about when you're the top dog?

VanHooliganX
08-05-2011, 12:58 PM

And Chris Masters
And probably a few others

Automatic
08-05-2011, 12:59 PM

OMG Kozlov released? Was he more 'Gangsta' then JTG?

thejman93
08-05-2011, 01:00 PM
OMG Kozlov released? Was he more 'Gangsta' then JTG?

hahahaha!

Masters too....prepare for FCW callups kids.

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 01:02 PM
Enter the phenomenon of Social Media. What's there to complain about when you're the top dog?

Melina was a top dog too for a while so the same thing applies.

Lowki
08-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Wow youre right!!!! hahahah

EDIT: Hahaha i cant wait for the meltdown of Zack Ryder's dad :D
And prediction of the year goes to me i think? How good was that for a guess lol

TBG
08-05-2011, 01:05 PM
She gets released the same day she's Diva Focus. Funny.

Automatic
08-05-2011, 01:05 PM
Melina was a top dog too for a while so the same thing applies.

Yeah, but I question the mental stability of Melina.

hahahaha!

Masters too....prepare for FCW callups kids.

Well so far his push.

Krakzor
08-05-2011, 01:14 PM
How is JTG still here? Just scrap the useless while we're at it

I like how NXT has become the WWE breakthrough for rookies and the Last Resorts for the pros

thejman93
08-05-2011, 01:15 PM
There's a rumor that DH Smith is also gone; not confirmed to my liking yet though.

AlexWorldOrder
08-05-2011, 01:16 PM
I'm pretty sure this is the start of a diva invasion angle...

All joking aside, if the divas were given a storyline more complicated than an "i hate you" or "i want to be divas champ" storyline, maybe things would be more interesting. If they had a CM Punkish figure for the divas division (Beth Phoenix) start ranting about their mistreatment, maybe things would get more interesting. But then this might happen:

Melina: Divas need more time to wrestle!
Crowd: Booooooooooo

at least a reaction for them is better than a piss break

I'm was hoping for this too.. TNA just did it with ODB and Jackie, and even though it would seem like they're copying them, it would also display the fact that female wrestlers are empowering in both companies.

bcfccalum
08-05-2011, 01:26 PM
She gets released the same day she's Diva Focus. Funny.

a consolation for melina from wwe management

xAzureSkye
08-05-2011, 01:28 PM
I'm was hoping for this too.. TNA just did it with ODB and Jackie, and even though it would seem like they're copying them, it would also display the fact that female wrestlers are empowering in both companies.

THEY DIDNT COPY TNA. TNA copied WWE, Kharma was supposed to do that whole getting rid of the barbies angle but then they dropped it cos of her pregnancy

TheRockerGother
08-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Her message to the WWE proved to be quite fatal indeed.

darkace9194
08-05-2011, 03:44 PM
holy shit lowki got it right... I bow to thee

Lowki
08-05-2011, 03:45 PM
While i was joking...i had that feeling she would get released with the roster cuts...who would have thought just hours later? lol

pauadrian
08-05-2011, 03:50 PM
reason she got fired maybe

tshizzy34
08-05-2011, 04:11 PM
I'm not sure their ever will be a true Divas Division ever again tbh. I think they have been reduced down to pretty much eye candy for the male fans. I think it will all depend on what happens with the new Natalya & Beth Phoenix turning heel ordeal, and then when Kharma comes back, but until then it's gonna suck. ... Oh and plus the hottest diva Maryse is out right now which makes it suck even more!

The Brown One
08-05-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure their ever will be a true Divas Division ever again tbh. I think they have been reduced down to pretty much eye candy for the male fans. I think it will all depend on what happens with the new Natalya & Beth Phoenix turning heel ordeal, and then when Kharma comes back, but until then it's gonna suck. ... Oh and plus the hottest diva Maryse is out right now which makes it suck even more!

There's 2 good reasons for that:
1) I heard she had a hernia, so shes taking some time off
2) Theres a crazy bastard stalker stalking her and threatening her

xAzureSkye
08-05-2011, 05:59 PM
I wonder if someone will threaten WWE again because of Gail and Melina's release

Markedoutforlife
08-05-2011, 07:04 PM
I wanna releas cum into melina's mouth. Maybe that will straighten her bottom "teeth".

ObscureRessurection
08-05-2011, 07:06 PM
I wonder if someone will threaten WWE again because of Gail and Melina's release

Consider it done. I shall return in a few days!

tshizzy34
08-05-2011, 07:07 PM
There's 2 good reasons for that:
1) I heard she had a hernia, so shes taking some time off
2) Theres a crazy bastard stalker stalking her and threatening her

Yea I have heard those 2 things, but it still sucks without her, so i hope she comes back sooner than later!

HeelTurn
08-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Yea I have heard those 2 things, but it still sucks without her, so i hope she comes back sooner than later!

She was being wasted on NXT anyway

tshizzy34
08-05-2011, 08:49 PM
She was being wasted on NXT anyway

When was Maryse on NXT? Wrestling? I know she like hosted the online thing I think but nothing besides that I knew of?

THE_CRIPPLER
08-05-2011, 11:19 PM
Most Womens Wrestlers in WWE and TNA are one dimsional........ i know there is alot of complaints that the Dvias get 3 minute matches blah blah, Daniel Bryan and Cody Rhodes got 2 mins on Raw.

Im not gonna sign a petion to make Divas matches longer, when there barley enough time for the mens matches, so if Morrison and Ziggler have a 7 mintue match on raw normally then we extend the Divas match 5 mins, then i get a 2 min Morrison and Ziggler match? I dont think the Dvias deserve more time, i dont wanna see nikki Bella and Kelly Kelly in a 10 min match, most Divas could go 10 mins in a match especially Melina..... Lets face it, most the divas are 1 dimsional, Thats why WWE made such a big Deal about Awesome Kong, cause she can actually go in the Ring, she had a dominate persona, She could attract more interest then a teenage boy wanting to get a erection.

No Divas match out there would be half as entertaining as a Trent Barreta and Tyson Kid 5 min match, So why should they invest so much time and money in them, not to mention that most Divas are so replacable.

CMRyder
08-05-2011, 11:33 PM
I'd say WWE said no to Meelina. Lol

maar13
08-06-2011, 12:54 AM
Most Womens Wrestlers in WWE and TNA are one dimsional........ i know there is alot of complaints that the Dvias get 3 minute matches blah blah, Daniel Bryan and Cody Rhodes got 2 mins on Raw.

Im not gonna sign a petion to make Divas matches longer, when there barley enough time for the mens matches, so if Morrison and Ziggler have a 7 mintue match on raw normally then we extend the Divas match 5 mins, then i get a 2 min Morrison and Ziggler match? I dont think the Dvias deserve more time, i dont wanna see nikki Bella and Kelly Kelly in a 10 min match, most Divas could go 10 mins in a match especially Melina..... Lets face it, most the divas are 1 dimsional, Thats why WWE made such a big Deal about Awesome Kong, cause she can actually go in the Ring, she had a dominate persona, She could attract more interest then a teenage boy wanting to get a erection.

No Divas match out there would be half as entertaining as a Trent Barreta and Tyson Kid 5 min match, So why should they invest so much time and money in them, not to mention that most Divas are so replacable.

I get it from WWE but not from TNA, even if they decide to focus more on the girls that used to form TBP most girls there can wrestle. Yes. I can give you that TessMacher and Velvet can be one dimensional, but Neither Mickie, Tara, Winter are one dimensional, Winter had one of the best matches with Mickie in her time in the WWE, the only reason it was cut was because of Santino' clown act and it only buried the IC title even further than it was already.

While she hasn't had her edge in TNA, Winter can actually wrestle, same with Love, the one thing killing the KOs division inTNA is their WWE like apporach, you givbe at least 8 minutes to those girls and will see good matches and in TNA it will be worth it.

Unfortunately I cannot say the same about WWE, in which with the people they are pushing I partially agree with you, but if it comes to AJ, Nat and Beth, it could be different.

bcfccalum
08-06-2011, 04:52 AM

EDIT: The two hottest divas Maryse and Layla are out right now which makes it suck even more!

THE_CRIPPLER
08-06-2011, 07:01 AM
I get it from WWE but not from TNA, even if they decide to focus more on the girls that used to form TBP most girls there can wrestle. Yes. I can give you that TessMacher and Velvet can be one dimensional, but Neither Mickie, Tara, Winter are one dimensional, Winter had one of the best matches with Mickie in her time in the WWE, the only reason it was cut was because of Santino' clown act and it only buried the IC title even further than it was already.

While she hasn't had her edge in TNA, Winter can actually wrestle, same with Love, the one thing killing the KOs division inTNA is their WWE like apporach, you givbe at least 8 minutes to those girls and will see good matches and in TNA it will be worth it.

Unfortunately I cannot say the same about WWE, in which with the people they are pushing I partially agree with you, but if it comes to AJ, Nat and Beth, it could be different.

My point is Womens wrestling isnt as important as mens wrestling, and ever thinks it is or should be treated as such are idiots.

Juvenile Junkie
08-06-2011, 07:04 AM
twitter.com/wwe

I bet TNA will sign her,just as a ploy to lure John Morrison there

WWTNA Mark
08-06-2011, 09:56 AM

100% agreed.

maar13
08-06-2011, 05:17 PM
My point is Womens wrestling isnt as important as mens wrestling, and ever thinks it is or should be treated as such are idiots.

In that regard, yes, I agree with your point completely.

Mr. McMahon
08-06-2011, 06:57 PM
fuck the divas. I hate diva matches and segments, they are completely useless and forgettable. No one ever goes back and watches these shitty segments on youtube unless they are horny men.

WWE would be better without divas, just get rid of them all. It was exciting till about 2004, but now there is no need for them. If there are gonna have divas, they should only be used for extras in a backstage segment or interviewers. Not even valets because that gets them involved in a storyline and divas always ruin everything.

And don't give me that TNA crap. Sure TNA diva segments score ratings, but the WWE ones only drop viewers and everyone takes a piss break. I just either flip my channel or turn off the tv when I see thier useless 2 minute matches.

I'd rather see Hornswoggle throwing lucky charms on Michael Cole and chasing him with a bicycle over any divas in the ring

Mtt08 xXx
08-06-2011, 08:52 PM
fuck the divas. I hate diva matches and segments, they are completely useless and forgettable. No one ever goes back and watches these shitty segments on youtube unless they are horny men.

WWE would be better without divas, just get rid of them all. It was exciting till about 2004, but now there is no need for them. If there are gonna have divas, they should only be used for extras in a backstage segment or interviewers. Not even valets because that gets them involved in a storyline and divas always ruin everything.

And don't give me that TNA crap. Sure TNA diva segments score ratings, but the WWE ones only drop viewers and everyone takes a piss break. I just either flip my channel or turn off the tv when I see thier useless 2 minute matches.

I'd rather see Hornswoggle throwing lucky charms on Michael Cole and chasing him with a bicycle over any divas in the ring

now we all know the divas arent necessarily good. but you hate looking at hot girls so much that you turn your TV off? hm...

xAzureSkye
08-07-2011, 03:48 PM
JohnCena (http://twitter.com/#%21/JohnCena) John Cena

Dear WWE, #GiveWWEDivasAChance (http://twitter.com/#%21/search?q=%23GiveWWEDivasAChance) http://twitition.com/y5e4o