PDA

View Full Version : Bryan Vs. Barrett - MITB?

Joonny
08-05-2011, 06:28 AM
First. This is my first post here, so be gentle.
And, I live in a country named Norway, so my language isn't the best...

I just saw this weeks smackdown, and heard Barrett still talking about Bryan's MITB briefcase.
That made me think aobut a possible feud between these two, and the briefcase.

Maybe at Summerslam, they will have a match for the briefcase and Barrett will win.
This will make Bryan a possible Tweener, and he will do anything to get it back.

Know it sounds crazy, but what is your thoughts?

Eve's Arse No.1
08-05-2011, 06:32 AM
Happened with Edge and Mr Kennedy so it could happen.

Both Barret and Bryan need to be pushed to main event level though. Id rather see Bryan at the minute as i think his rivalry with Christian would be better

Dude573
08-05-2011, 06:43 AM
I love D'bryan as much as the next real wrestling fan, but I think right at this time, Wade is more suited for the MITB briefcase, he has a better look and has proven his consistency and mic ability. It was a crime that they didn't make him a world champ when he spear headed the original nexus, and I really think he should have won the MITB to begin with. Sorry Daniel, but I really hope Wade takes it off you.

Joonny
08-05-2011, 06:49 AM
I love D'bryan as much as the next real wrestling fan, but I think right at this time, Wade is more suited for the MITB briefcase, he has a better look and has proven his consistency and mic ability. It was a crime that they didn't make him a world champ when he spear headed the original nexus, and I really think he should have won the MITB to begin with. Sorry Daniel, but I really hope Wade takes it off you.

This is not billed for Summerslam. This is a "wish-hope" thing from me.

steveorton
08-05-2011, 07:17 AM
I don't want Bryan to lose that briefcase and I wouldn't mind seeing Bryan vs Barett at SS but not for the briefcase, I'm jus sayin...

Tenzach
08-05-2011, 07:35 AM
If that was too happen then why even bother putting the briefcase on Bryan in the first place?

Joonny
08-05-2011, 07:42 AM
If that was too happen then why even bother putting the briefcase on Bryan in the first place?

Because it would be a good feud?

Eve's Arse No.1
08-05-2011, 07:43 AM
if that was too happen then why even bother putting the briefcase on bryan in the first place?

mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Kennnneeedddddddy

The_Awesome_One
08-05-2011, 07:47 AM
I would love to see this especially if Barrett wins, then Bryan is set to get a Re-match but oh no Barrett cashes it in before the rematch, then the two feud for the worlds title.

Joonny
08-05-2011, 07:50 AM
I would love to see this especially if Barrett wins, then Bryan is set to get a Re-match but oh no Barrett cashes it in before the rematch, then the two feud for the worlds title.

It would be cool!
But if it happened at SS it would be better. Then, the feud lasted to WM and Bryan could get his championship match.

Yano88
08-05-2011, 08:22 AM
mrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Kennnneeedddddddy

From what I remember mr Kennedy was forced to forfeit the MITB to Edge because of a serious injury that would have kept him out of TV for several month.
But originally he was planned to become a World Champion

Eve's Arse No.1
08-05-2011, 08:24 AM
From what I remember mr Kennedy was forced to forfeit the MITB to Edge because of a serious injury that would have kept him out of TV for several month.

And he never became WWE/World champion. They did it to him why not to Bryan?

Jayoholic
08-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Let Bryan keep it. I'm tired of the heel always having it and then cashing it in heel fashion (champ is down and vulnerable, heel comes out and do a couple of moves, 1-2-3). Shit's boring...

Joonny
08-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Just that...

I think the WWE universe will be tired of Bryan carries the case the whole way to WM.

jethro
08-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Whoa I don't want WWE book Bryan to put his MITB on the line against Barrett! I like Barrett but give Bryan a chance to shine please...isn't Bryan already cash in the MITB for a guarantee shot at wrestlemania next year?

SESAfro
08-05-2011, 10:47 AM
I don't think it would be smart to give Barrett the briefcase. He already has what it takes to be put in the main event: Mic skills, wrestling ability, heel heat, over enough; it would be wasted if they have BD and Barrett wrestle for the briefcase at SS.

Rilla
08-05-2011, 10:53 AM

This.

Kennedy got injured, with what originally looked to be a rather bad injury, so they wanted the case off him.

Bryan, on the other hand, /isn't/ injured.

Y2J___Y2J
08-05-2011, 11:26 AM
It's turning out to be feud but I hope Bryan keeps the briefcase.. and becomes the champ at WM28.. I'd mark out!!
But Wade Barrett should have been the champ last year!

CMRyder
08-05-2011, 11:51 AM
It would be cool!
But if it happened at SS it would be better. Then, the feud lasted to WM and Bryan could get his championship match.

Bryan=Deserves to be World Champion
Barrett=Deserves to still be in FCW.

Hm.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-05-2011, 12:20 PM
I don't mind Bryan losing it to Barrett, as long as it he gets it back. I think that briefcase is perhaps his only shot at becoming a world champion in the future. He can lose it for the sake of the feud, if they have one, but he needs to get it back.

Reloval
08-05-2011, 12:39 PM
And he never became WWE/World champion. They did it to him why not to Bryan?

He won Money in the Bank and got hurt so had to give it up, because he was expected to be out 8 monthes to a year, and they feared he'd miss WM and being able to cash it in.
He came back and was going to be the one part on the major McMahon's son storyline but got suspended for steriods.
Came back for a little bit before leaving the shot a movie. He was in the main event scene at this time.
Came back from the Movie shot and got hurt again.
Came back from being hurt, and dropped Orton on is recently repaired collar bone and got future endevored.

Being the champion was just not his destiny.

tshizzy34
08-05-2011, 04:08 PM
Hasn't Daniel Bryan already said he isn't planning on cashing in the briefcase until Wrestlemania? I mean I know things change all the time, but I can see why he wants to wait and do it then on the grandest stage of them all. Oh and Barrett should be in the title feud with Orton soon because he definitely deserves a shot at it since they screwed him with that old Nexus angle and the Corre!

HeelTurn
08-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Interesting, I was thinking something similar the other day. Maybe have a match between the 2 at Summerslam with Barrett getting the win (he needs a big win) leading to a rematch the following month with the briefcase on the line at Night of Champions. Its not the 1st time a MITB briefcase has been defended, but I dont think Bryan should lose the briefcase. Plus the 2 could have a feud based around the original Nexus anyway.

ratedy2jayz
08-05-2011, 04:35 PM
I hope that D Bryan has to defend the breifcase at SS and wins, and keeps defending it against different people on the roster. Then he eventually makes it to WM and is screwed in the championship match. That would get the crowd behind him a lot, leading to a world title win at the next PPV.