PDA

View Full Version : Voice of the People (E-Fed Style)

S.E. Zero
08-04-2011, 11:33 PM
This can serve as an improvement board for people to speak their minds on what e-feds should and shouldn't change, focus on, add, etc.

Now please take this seriously and speak out in a manner that can really help improve all current and future e-feds, as an ex. I think ________ should focus less on _______, their promo are too long or too short, they should add more action or say a ________ championship, etc. and things if that nature.

So please no stupid comments like: Oh ______ is the best, no ____,_______,______ and shit like that.

I'll start by saying I personally hate the use of youtube videos on e-feds, why? 80% of the I am on this site I am on a mobile phone connection that does not support videos and that prevents me as a fan and follower of any e-fed that uses videos from enjoy the shows to their fullest potential.

I was once told that shows were once written from beginning to end but that got difficult as time went on, now I am not saying the shows should be written as they were once upon.a time but it would help users like myself who cant enjoy the shows with the use of videos.

This is something I feel e-feds can improve on, but know most wont because they just dont want to or any other reason that applies to them still I wanted to voice my opinion and there it is.

What will yours say?

ihearvoices
08-04-2011, 11:39 PM
This can serve as an improvement board for people to speak their minds on what e-feds should and shouldn't change, focus on, add, etc.

Now please take this seriously and speak out in a manner that can really help improve all current and future e-feds, as an ex. I think ________ should focus less on _______, their promo are too long or too short, they should add more action or say a ________ championship, etc. and things if that nature.

So please no stupid comments like: Oh ______ is the best, no ____,_______,______ and shit like that.

I'll start by saying I personally hate the use of youtube videos on e-feds, why? 80% of the I am on this site I am on a mobile phone connection that does not support videos and that prevents me as a fan and follower of any e-fed that uses videos from enjoy the shows to their fullest potential.

I was once told that shows were once written from beginning to end but that got difficult as time went on, now I am not saying the shows should be written as they were once upon.a time but it would help users like myself who cant enjoy the shows with the use of videos.

This is something I feel e-feds can improve on, but know most wont because they just dont want to or any other reason that applies to them still I wanted to voice my opinion and there it is.

What will yours say?

I would love to see someone take a E-Fed and turn it into something we can actually watch maybe create our wrestling characters on SVR11 or WWe12 and play out the storylines there weekly instead of having to write it all we can actually watch. This way we dont have to use old matches we can have all original ones and do our own finishers with our own guys. I know it has been brought up maybe many times but i think someone should really take the time to give it a shot. I would but im far too busy with Starting Training and Work to put in time needed to do a job like this.

zapphoman
08-04-2011, 11:40 PM
you know, I actually have no problem with writing out parts of matches. Like maybe the moments before the ending of the match. I actually agree with this because it can bring a more personal feel to the matches. I mean yeah it would be more reading but I have no prob with writing them out.

IrkenInvader
08-04-2011, 11:46 PM
I would love to see someone take a E-Fed and turn it into something we can actually watch maybe create our wrestling characters on SVR11 or WWe12 and play out the storylines there weekly instead of having to write it all we can actually watch. This way we dont have to use old matches we can have all original ones and do our own finishers with our own guys. I know it has been brought up maybe many times but i think someone should really take the time to give it a shot. I would but im far too busy with Starting Training and Work to put in time needed to do a job like this.

Not a complaint about eFeds but I am complaining about people who quote the main post in its entirety on the first page. It actually pisses me off when people do it in the second post.

Now as the OP said they used to be completely written, well that was ME, I started it and left it to go to the Army.

ihearvoices
08-05-2011, 12:04 AM
Not a complaint about eFeds but I am complaining about people who quote the main post in its entirety on the first page. It actually pisses me off when people do it in the second post.

Now as the OP said they used to be completely written, well that was ME, I started it and left it to go to the Army.

Yeah and you see how it has turn out i say why not take it to the next level Video Game style...We can still Write our own promos Create our own Wrestlers, Pick our own Entrance. I'm just saying Sometimes i dont feel like Reading 2 pages worth of a show now if it was a video then we could just watch it and some of us could even share the video around the web too giving E-Feds a bigger audience

ObscureRessurection
08-05-2011, 12:11 AM
Those are two different things. That is called G-Fedding. Not E-Fedding. I know quite a few people who do G-Fedding on youtube. Not only should you check them out, but I am sure that if you cozy up to them then they would probably work with any of these feds on here. I just do not think that it would be worth taking the fun away from the writers, and there is a high chance that not all of them would be able to afford these things. Then you have to worry about paying 60 dollars a year just to keep your show up to date an unstale. I think the freedom of the mind is more worthy.

Rich Cranium
08-05-2011, 12:13 AM

Not hard to pass basic, I did!

S.E. Zero
08-05-2011, 01:04 AM
you know, I actually have no problem with writing out parts of matches. Like maybe the moments before the ending of the match. I actually agree with this because it can bring a more personal feel to the matches. I mean yeah it would be more reading but I have no prob with writing them out.

Those are two different things. That is called G-Fedding. Not E-Fedding. I know quite a few people who do G-Fedding on youtube. Not only should you check them out, but I am sure that if you cozy up to them then they would probably work with any of these feds on here. I just do not think that it would be worth taking the fun away from the writers, and there is a high chance that not all of them would be able to afford these things. Then you have to worry about paying 60 dollars a year just to keep your show up to date an unstale. I think the freedom of the mind is more worthy.

@Zapphoman; I just dont understand people calling themselves writers when they dont really write. I write my own promos as I'm sure most do so apart from the announcement and crowds when using videos and just copying and pasting the promos that we (as a talent) write ourselves, what are the writers from these e-feds really writing?

They are the creative aspect of the e-feds because they choose who wins and who loses and decide the order in which the shows will be presented but I dont see the writing that as you say would make it have a more personal feel that comes with actually writing a show.

Thats why I loathe the use of the videos cause then whats really the point of going to such great depths in creating a character and really going all out?

@ObscureRessurection; I agree 100% that freedom of mind is the best, not having to succumb to feel pressure to as you pay 60 dollars every year to keep up with the latest video game is ideal.

johnnydropkicks
08-05-2011, 02:54 AM

Now please take this seriously and speak out in a manner that can really help improve all current and future e-feds, as an ex. I think jellybeans should focus less on piggybacks, their promo are too long or too short, they should add more action or say a butt-clenching championship, etc. and things if that nature.

So please no stupid comments like: Oh jeremiahriggs is the best, no shaving,fbombs,fun-having and shit like that.

What will yours say?

you make me sleep so badly!

MIZABLE FRIEND!

zapphoman
08-05-2011, 05:35 AM
@SEZ I agree on some points. You don't necessarily have to write to tell a story. Yeah, we write out our own promos and that means we contribute but in the long term grand scheme of things, the writers are the ones who think of that. That is the reason why when we get our PMs from them they tell us to mention certain things in the promos.

I agree with you on the youtube videos mainly because we lose that personal touch with our character. The writers do their best to get the best video possible for our character and the match, but we know it isn't us wrestling and there really isn't a lot they can do about that unless they do the thing mentioned above with the video games, but that is a lot of work for only a few people to do and with how expensive games are today, it is much cheaper to just go with the imagination.

What I suggest is allowing the person who is going to win the match to write out the ending of the match. yeah, I know it kind of dampers the surprise of who wins the match and not everybody wants to write it out and there is also the worry of people who just want to write that they completely dominated the match, but One, in the WWE,TNA, ROH, etc. etc., the superstars who enter the ring already know who is going to win or lose. Two, they don't have to write it out. I wouldn't mind writing it for them. I would just need to know their superstar, who they are going up against, their signatures and finishers, what kind of match it is, and whether they are heel/face/or tweener. And three, have some respect for your fellow e-fedders. If the person you are going up against doesn't write their own promos, isn't involved in the e-fed community, and are considered a jobber then by all means destroy them. but if the opponent does take the time to write their own promos and is a active member of the e-fed community, then show some respect.

Yeah, I know that was long. Wasn't nearly as long as the first one I wrote. Went to post it, it took me awhile to write so I had to log back in, and then boom it goes to just a white screen after it redirects me. I will start coping from now on.

RomanFlare
08-05-2011, 11:29 AM
@Zapphoman; I just dont understand people calling themselves writers when they dont really write. I write my own promos as I'm sure most do so apart from the announcement and crowds when using videos and just copying and pasting the promos that we (as a talent) write ourselves, what are the writers from these e-feds really writing?

They are the creative aspect of the e-feds because they choose who wins and who loses and decide the order in which the shows will be presented but I dont see the writing that as you say would make it have a more personal feel that comes with actually writing a show.

I'm both a writer, a creative member, and the Showdown Man. Why? I write my promos, I participate in creative, and a compile Showdown. Now, I know Straights and WWTNA are, not sure about anyone else, are TRUE writers in terms of the shows. Why? Because they write sometimes a bunch of promos just by themselves because people who were behind the posters have happened to be gone/on break/no longer interested.

samoan619
08-05-2011, 11:34 AM
I think the feds are doing quite fine by themselves.. They all have their own stylings, the big dogs JBW and EWNCW are the mainstays, we got HWA which is hardcore, AWF is high flying, BWA is tag teams.. I think if anybody wants video games or stuff like that, then they should create their own thread.. I personally have my own JBW fed game that I customized from Fire Pro Wrestling.. I shared the photos of all the characters, with the rest of the fedders a while back..

RomanFlare
08-05-2011, 11:35 AM
Second post, addressing the original idea (drop the youtube videos):

JBW creative has discussed this. This is honestly the worst part of my job--finding those videos. The problem is the alternative is both much more time consuming and surprisingly boring. What I do (write the finishes if I can) takes a surprising amount of time and is already getting dull in my mind, despite Showdown being like, 9 weeks old. Write entire matches or finishes to ~10 different matches a week will probably be a problem for writers who are already having troubles getting this out on time they (the writers) feel are at a good time. And at PPVs it would be absolutely insane.

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 11:47 AM
I use videos for matches because its an easier way to tell out the match rather writing it out. You can also look at the matches you haven't seen before or want to look at from a viewer's prospective. Its kinda boring to write out the matches but that's just me. If people want to write out the matches for now on, then i'm okay with that.

As for calling ourselves writers, I rarely call myself a writer. Although being called a writer is true. A writer puts the show together and writes out the details of the shows, making it perfect from top to bottom. We also have to set up the matches, PM the e-feders for promos for the show and how it should be set up, and even write the commentary that goes into the shows. Its not easy as it sounds.

A talent/poster in the feds has to build their character up, cook up promos, pitch ideas to the writers, and also put a lot of hard work and effort into the storylines that they are in. It takes a while and effort to push your character the way you want to.

What i'm basically trying to say is that being called a writer is accurate and that there is a lot of work from both the writers and the talent involved to make a great e-fed show.

S.E. Zero
08-05-2011, 01:38 PM
I know y'all have your own valid points to defend using videos and not writing the shows but I just dont see it, honestly but hey I did say no one would agree with my opinion and that the e-feds would NOT change it because they didnt want to or any other reason that applied to them and frankly I can accept that because who am I compared to some of the users here? Nobody, so I never expect my opinion on matters like this to ever be taken seriously but I wanted to put my opinion out there anyways.

Fact is that is my opinion and my opinion only, you're missing the point of the thread by only concentrating on my opinion, the point is to know what will YOUR voice say? Dont linger on my words, voice your thoughts on what e-feds should and shouldnt improve on.

If you got nothing to say then just let the thread die and be done with it, if not then contribute.

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 01:52 PM
Second post, addressing the original idea (drop the youtube videos):

JBW creative has discussed this. This is honestly the worst part of my job--finding those videos. The problem is the alternative is both much more time consuming and surprisingly boring. What I do (write the finishes if I can) takes a surprising amount of time and is already getting dull in my mind, despite Showdown being like, 9 weeks old. Write entire matches or finishes to ~10 different matches a week will probably be a problem for writers who are already having troubles getting this out on time they (the writers) feel are at a good time. And at PPVs it would be absolutely insane.

Agreed Romes.

I think the feds are doing quite fine by themselves.. They all have their own stylings, the big dogs JBW and EWNCW are the mainstays, we got HWA which is hardcore, AWF is high flying, BWA is tag teams.. I think if anybody wants video games or stuff like that, then they should create their own thread.. I personally have my own JBW fed game that I customized from Fire Pro Wrestling.. I shared the photos of all the characters, with the rest of the fedders a while back..

This.

ObscureRessurection
08-05-2011, 02:13 PM
Exactly. If you want this style then just create your own e-fed. Back when I used to write for that one EPW e-fed it was a load of fun. We never used videos. We typed out the entire show from start to finish. Now I have taken a particular liking to EWNCW an JBW. They are very innovative with the youtube videos. Also, many feds who type out the entire shows, including the matches, do not last very long. Because you have to worry about creatively putting over talents, and then you got to think of interesting things to keep the reader interested in the matches. Chances are you will repeat yourself, and what was meant to be a 5 star match could turn out being a 3 star match. This is the future of e-Fedding

G-fedding is an entirely different thing all-together. It is actually pretty fun considering the fact that I have tried it a couple of times off an on. It is very time consuming, and it sucks when you have to keep buying new games. Then I got to where I couldn't update so I gave up on the whole damn thing. I tried to get away with using 2009 for two years... The members did not really like that much, and the members you acquire are hard to keep satisfied. Everyone wants to be the top dog. Honestly I believe that there is more pride in being a midcarder an taking a loss. Because in the end you are feeding the hand of many potential storylines. Anyone who goes against that is one big herpty derpty an should take lessons in how to e-fed properly.

RomanFlare
08-05-2011, 02:19 PM
*grabs the thread steering wheel and forces it back on to the main road (idea)*

Is there anything else people are frustrated/would like to see changed about how things are run? I know we (including myself) went on an opinion tangent there, but we really do want to hear what people think about the federations. I'd offer up some of my own ideas, but being entrenched in the system, it's really hard for me to look at things objectively right now.

ObscureRessurection
08-05-2011, 02:23 PM
I think the veterans should be awarded more. I noticed that both feds had vets who never held a title or had their own individual storylines.

RomanFlare
08-05-2011, 02:25 PM
I think the veterans should be awarded more. I noticed that both feds had vets who never held a title or had their own individual storylines.

I agree with this. The storyline part should be very easily rectified. The title holding might be a little harder, and should be something that people bear with us on. Speaking on the behalf of JBW, we haven't been around for very long, so not a lot of people have had the chance to hold titles or fight for one.

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 02:27 PM
Exactly. If you want this style then just create your own e-fed. Back when I used to write for that one EPW e-fed it was a load of fun. We never used videos. We typed out the entire show from start to finish. Now I have taken a particular liking to EWNCW an JBW. They are very innovative with the youtube videos. Also, many feds who type out the entire shows, including the matches, do not last very long. Because you have to worry about creatively putting over talents, and then you got to think of interesting things to keep the reader interested in the matches. Chances are you will repeat yourself, and what was meant to be a 5 star match could turn out being a 3 star match. This is the future of e-Fedding
Agreed. That's why I kinda use Youtube videos or Dailymotion videos as its easier to tell the match without actually writing it all together. I've tried writing matches before in my old WWF feds from a long time ago but it just didn't work out for me.

G-fedding is an entirely different thing all-together. It is actually pretty fun considering the fact that I have tried it a couple of times off an on. It is very time consuming, and it sucks when you have to keep buying new games. Then I got to where I couldn't update so I gave up on the whole damn thing. I tried to get away with using 2009 for two years... The members did not really like that much, and the members you acquire are hard to keep satisfied. Everyone wants to be the top dog. Honestly I believe that there is more pride in being a midcarder an taking a loss. Because in the end you are feeding the hand of many potential storylines. Anyone who goes against that is one big herpty derpty an should take lessons in how to e-fed properly.

G-fedding sounds pretty cool. I was trying to turn JBW into that from when it originally started but didn't know how to do and then just went with an old-fashion E-fed.

I also agree with you 100% about keeping the readers satisfied. Its a lot harder to do.

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 02:30 PM

Snair is a JBW original who has the Warfare World title. Also, Mostly every JBW vets are in the main-event scene who are destined to become a World Champ.

ihearvoices
08-05-2011, 07:55 PM
I plan on Creating my own E-FED or If im lucky working out a Deal with JBW and just being the first to apply what we do on E-FEds into the WWE video Games...I believe being doing this it will gives us back alot of the Creative control we lose by posting old match videos and instead always having Original matches and promos and to be honest i believe this can be done in less then a hour or two at most.

IrkenInvader
08-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Not hard to pass basic, I did!

Got injured and quit so I wouldn't get a medical discharge.

IrkenInvader
08-06-2011, 11:22 PM
I plan on Creating my own E-FED or If im lucky working out a Deal with JBW and just being the first to apply what we do on E-FEds into the WWE video Games...I believe being doing this it will gives us back alot of the Creative control we lose by posting old match videos and instead always having Original matches and promos and to be honest i believe this can be done in less then a hour or two at most.

Do you have a video capture to upload the vids to youtube?

HolyJose2391
08-07-2011, 03:05 PM
Got injured and quit so I wouldn't get a medical discharge.

Sorry to hear that man are you planning on trying again?

ihearvoices
08-07-2011, 07:32 PM
Do you have a video capture to upload the vids to youtube?

Yeah i do i looked into it and everything

Pumpkinhead
08-20-2011, 08:41 PM
E- Fed writers I have an idea...

WWTNA Mark
08-20-2011, 08:43 PM
E- Fed writers I have an idea...

Sure man! :)

Pumpkinhead
08-20-2011, 09:00 PM
I was planning to organize a tournament between JBW, EWNCW and HWA superstars, the winner will get a shot at the Big title of his respective company, I will give you more details later, nevertheless I will need someone to help me, what do you think??

WWTNA Mark
08-20-2011, 09:05 PM
I was planning to organize a tournament between JBW, EWNCW and HWA superstars, the winner will get a shot at the Big title of his respective company, I will give you more details later, nevertheless I will need someone to help me, what do you think??

Sounds interesting man! I'll look into this.

broc808
08-21-2011, 12:52 AM
Sounds interesting man! I'll look into this.

i dont really get it how would it work?

RomanFlare
08-21-2011, 12:09 PM
i dont really get it how would it work?

Two choices:

3 tournament branches, ending in a Triple Threat Final. Each branch, each show gets its own, is a regular one-on-one tournament with 4/6/8/etc participants duking it out for the right to compete in the final. Winner of the final gets the shot.

You intertwine the participants gingerly so that there are multiple inter-company match-ups before the final--though the final would either be a triple threat or one-on-one.

Pumpkinhead
08-21-2011, 01:01 PM
The original idea is to have one on one final with multiple inter brand matches, also which round passing, the next round will include gimmick matches and so, this could be made either in a PPV or a special show I can, could turn inot an anual thing

broc808
08-21-2011, 01:47 PM
The original idea is to have one on one final with multiple inter brand matches, also which round passing, the next round will include gimmick matches and so, this could be made either in a PPV or a special show I can, could turn inot an anual thing

how would we decide the winners though

RomanFlare
08-21-2011, 02:30 PM
how would we decide the winners though

And in that loaded statement is the key roadblock to this idea working. We'd have to decide without pissing each other off enough that they just say "Screw it, we won't do it". It's like a minefield.

Pumpkinhead
08-21-2011, 07:47 PM
And in that loaded statement is the key roadblock to this idea working. We'd have to decide without pissing each other off enough that they just say "Screw it, we won't do it". It's like a minefield.

well there's the option to do the 3 branches tournament, and then the only match to decide would be the final, if you still can't decide in the final, We can form a council with some impartial individuals and vote, what do you think??

Tommy Thunder
08-21-2011, 07:51 PM
I like the idea. It could work as a sort of 'team bonding' thing for the e-feds.

Pumpkinhead
08-21-2011, 07:57 PM
I like the idea. It could work as a sort of 'team bonding' thing for the e-feds.

Glad you like the idea!

eboy
08-22-2011, 03:32 AM
I suppose the Writiers of the show should put forward the names of the People they want to go for the Main Event then Pumplkinhead can pick out of a hat or something

Grind_Bastard
08-22-2011, 10:07 AM
I suppose the Writiers of the show should put forward the names of the People they want to go for the Main Event

I thinkthat goes without saying.

I like the idea of having the inerpromotional tournament instead of each brand having their own and throwing the winners in a final match. It would be more complicated to arrange, but much funnier.

Pumpkinhead
08-22-2011, 10:15 PM
I thinkthat goes without saying.

I like the idea of having the inerpromotional tournament instead of each brand having their own and throwing the winners in a final match. It would be more complicated to arrange, but much funnier.

I like the interpromo tournament too, but seems the writers are afraid to not found the way to decide the matches, so I propose to have a some kind of impartial council that can decide the matches, the writers will be in and the council can vote to cast the decision, if not there's the separate branch tournament option too, with only deciding the final match

HolyJose2391
08-22-2011, 11:19 PM
I really like this idea. If anything leave HolyJose and Azrael out of the tournament and I'm willing to write it I am impartial and have no problem helping out

Pumpkinhead
08-28-2011, 05:44 PM
So guys are you interested in make this tournament??, if you do I promise will be freaking awesome :)

HolyJose2391
08-28-2011, 05:48 PM
So guys are you interested in make this tournament??, if you do I promise will be freaking awesome :)

I'm interested in this

RomanFlare
08-28-2011, 05:52 PM
The JBW Creative Team doesn't have a general consensus of this yet. I realize people like the idea and want to get to it. But you're going to have to sit back and relax, here. We have a lot of things coming up on JBW's plate, but I don't want JBW to miss it's opportunity to jump on this.

S.E. Zero
08-28-2011, 08:54 PM
I think there are too many stickies.

Having the main discussion (in case JBW's case the character thread too) and official show threads for each e-fed should be the only threads to be stickied.

What do you think?

RomanFlare
08-28-2011, 09:29 PM

Having the main discussion (in case JBW's case the character thread too) and official show threads for each e-fed should be the only threads to be stickied.

What do you think?

I'm down for unstickying the JBW Roster thread... that thing hasn't been used seriously in ages..

broc808
08-28-2011, 10:35 PM

What do you think?

well HWA has 3 threads and i feel they all should be sticky and plus there is barely any threads that arent sticky in here

S.E. Zero
08-28-2011, 10:49 PM
well HWA has 3 threads and i feel they all should be sticky and plus there is barely any threads that arent sticky in here

Thats why I'm suggesting we remove a few but thats all it is a suggestion.

Its up to the mods if they wanna unsticky any thread, so dont worry...yet lol

We'll see what happens.

ObscureRessurection
08-29-2011, 03:22 PM
Free Agent... Free Agent... Free Agent... That is all.

CGBigMan
08-29-2011, 03:23 PM

ewncw would be glad to have you dude

Dubs
08-29-2011, 03:23 PM
free agent... Free agent... Free agent... That is all.

jbw! Jbw! Jbw!

S.E. Zero
08-29-2011, 03:25 PM

AWF, BWA and HWA would be happy to have you

CGBigMan
08-29-2011, 03:26 PM
that was less than a minute i think since he declared that

Enforcer23
08-29-2011, 03:27 PM
jbw! Jbw! Jbw!

you know what Dubs brings up a good point obscure ressurection

S.E. Zero
08-29-2011, 03:36 PM
that was less than a minute i think since he declared that

Mentioning free agent for e-feds here is like being covered in blood into shark infested waters, everybody jumps at the chance to sink their teeth in lol.

Krysys
08-29-2011, 04:00 PM
Mentioning free agent for e-feds here is like being covered in blood into shark infested waters, everybody jumps at the chance to sink their teeth in lol.

Quoted for F'n truth!

HolyJose2391
08-29-2011, 09:48 PM

AWF would love to have you :)

HolyJose2391
08-29-2011, 09:49 PM
AWF, BWA and HWA would be happy to have you

I like that whenever I'm not online SEZ is here ton help promote AWF :D

S.E. Zero
08-30-2011, 01:21 AM
I like that whenever I'm not online SEZ is here to help promote AWF :D

Haha yeah I'm just happy to spread the word =D