PDA

View Full Version : The Gail Kim Controversy? Trying To Get Fired Or A Work?

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-03-2011, 11:19 PM
This has been reported on the site.

Amidst the chaos of the opening moments of the No. 1 Contender’s Diva Battle Royal on Monday's RAW, Gail Kim eliminated herself from the contest by hastily sliding under the bottom rope after striking Alicia Fox.

The WWE Diva was asked through Twitter to comment on her peculiar action; she admitted to leaving the match on purpose. Her reason behind the move was that she "was just checking to see if anyone was paying attention." She added that no one backstage noticed, calling it "sad," yet also "very amusing."

She added further comment this morning to defend her actions, writing: "oh and also on the contrary, I wasn't being a mark 4 myself I was being a good employee when ur told to get out of the ring in less than a min.I just did it the fastest way possible:)so really I saved some time!"

The former TNA Women's Knockout Champion also concurred with a follower stating that it's shame that WWE doesn't respect "true women wrestlers with talent." She responded, "Yes it is a shame I agree. I know it's a man's world but the women are just as important!"

Kim denied speculation this afternoon that she's trying to get fired by WWE.

She wrote, "Nooooo I'm not doing my best to get fired. Wrestling websites who like to make up news with their wild imagination...haha don't believe it."

I would love to think Gail Kim is working with an angle and will be turning heel to join up with Beth Phoenix and Natalya down the road. Then they all can form a heel diva stable of FEMALE WRESTLERS who feel unappreciated and misused. But ..... it might just be Kim acting out on being mistreated and demands some kind of respect. Who knows? Maybe she is trying to get fired. Yeah, she isn't DOING HER BEST TO GET FIRED but we might see that happening sometime down the road.

Honestly, if that is the case, I'm glad she is doing this! I'm sick of the WWE misusing the divas and hardly giving them storylines or feuds or anything to work with BUT 1 minutes matches. Kim deserves better and I'm glad she is standing up to the shitty booking given to the divas.

Thoughts?

PandaMassacre
08-03-2011, 11:21 PM
They should create a show just for the Diva's exclusively. Bring in some indy talents, and use the skilled women wrestlers more an you have yourself a show that will probably take off quicker than playboy. An with their own show they could have storylines an longer matches.

TheRockerGother
08-03-2011, 11:38 PM
No she's being like this for a angle to be CM Punks manager :D. jk or am I

K2Jelly
08-03-2011, 11:40 PM
Let's just hope she doesn't get fired.

zapphoman
08-03-2011, 11:43 PM
I hope she doesn't get fired. To think, Kelly Kelly is the Divas Champion of the same company that Gail Kim is in. Wow, whats next? Jesse being the World Heavyweight Champion of the same company that CM Punk is in.

PandaMassacre
08-03-2011, 11:46 PM
I hope she doesn't get fired. To think, Kelly Kelly is the Divas Champion of the same company that Gail Kim is in. Wow, whats next? Jesse being the World Heavyweight Champion of the same company that CM Punk is in.

Who is Jesse?

K2Jelly
08-03-2011, 11:58 PM
Who is Jesse?

Remember Jesse & Festus?

S.E. Zero
08-04-2011, 12:02 AM
She's just voicing her opinion and its good she's doing but these days unless you're in a high enough position voicing your opinion and criticizing the way the company you work basically you are putting your foot out the door.

I agree with what she's saying but this to me is saying she's fed up with the WWE and if her contract is almost up then she should leave plain and simple that way the worldwide exposure, the traveling schedule and general mistreat of the Divas division wont continue to affect her but if she's dealt with it this long its best she continue to just push through and be a part of the WWE till she's future endeavoured.

The Brown One
08-04-2011, 12:22 AM
They should use Gail more while shes still young. Not being sexist or anything, but divas tend to have a short shelf life and shes 33+.

Enforcer23
08-04-2011, 12:23 AM
whats with everyone saying form a heel diva stable mannn...im shure beth and natalya are ganna be seperate and not in a stable....plus this might be a good wwe angle that thier throwing out there...id like it if it is

URATOOL
08-04-2011, 12:27 AM
They should use Gail more while shes still young. Not being sexist or anything, but divas tend to have a short shelf life and shes 33+.

Oh Russell you are such a controversial guy at times!

The Brown One
08-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Oh Russell you are such a controversial guy at times!

Thankyou, thankyou :)

THE_CRIPPLER
08-04-2011, 12:43 AM
i dont know why everyone makes such a big deal about underused women wrestlers..... very few times i was intrested in a womens divison storyline and even fewer times i was satisfied with the match..... They are never really meant to be taken seriously, they are like the midget wrestling divison, just a attraction not meant to be taken seriously. just a add.

nrb6304
08-04-2011, 01:19 AM
i dont know why everyone makes such a big deal about underused women wrestlers..... very few times i was intrested in a womens divison storyline and even fewer times i was satisfied with the match..... They are never really meant to be taken seriously, they are like the midget wrestling divison, just a attraction not meant to be taken seriously. just a add.

QUOTED FOR TRUTH!
Thought Trish/Lita matches never disappointed me

As for the whole "self elimination HEEL STABLE storyline" thing. Don't be delusional. I gaurentee you that only HALF of the people who even READ dirt sheets even noticed that she threw herself out of the ring. It's honest. Let's not make this into something it's NOT. In six months we're gonna have threads like "OH WWE SCREWED UP ON GAIL KIM'S ANGLE AFTER SHE THREW HERSELF OUT OF THE BATTLE ROYAL!"

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-04-2011, 01:23 AM
QUOTED FOR TRUTH!
Thought Trish/Lita matches never disappointed me

As for the whole "self elimination HEEL STABLE storyline" thing. Don't be delusional. I gaurentee you that only HALF of the people who even READ dirt sheets even noticed that she threw herself out of the ring. It's honest. Let's not make this into something it's NOT. In six months we're gonna have threads like "OH WWE SCREWED UP ON GAIL KIM'S ANGLE AFTER SHE THREW HERSELF OUT OF THE BATTLE ROYAL!"
First off, I never said that is exactly what is going to happen. The DIVA HEEL STABLE idea is just something I want to happen and not something I expect to happen. I'm not booking WWE so I don't know.

Second off, just because they are FEMALES does not mean they can't put on just as good of a wrestling performance as the males. I get so sick and tired of people saying, "it is just the divas why take them seriously" I mean yes, I get it, WWE books them like shit. Still, that does not mean they shouldn't get less credit for going out their and risking their bodies. I like the divas and I see nothing wrong is wanting something good to happen in the division. Nobody is making it into something it is NOT.

zapphoman
08-04-2011, 01:35 AM
First off, I never said that is exactly what is going to happen. The DIVA HEEL STABLE idea is just something I want to happen and not something I expect to happen. I'm not booking WWE so I don't know.

Second off, just because they are FEMALES does not mean they can't put on just as good of a wrestling performance as the males. I get so sick and tired of people saying, "it is just the divas why take them seriously" I mean yes, I get it, WWE books them like shit. Still, that does not mean they shouldn't get less credit for going out their and risking their bodies. I like the divas and I see nothing wrong is wanting something good to happen in the division. Nobody is making it into something it is NOT.

^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^

jrsckilla23
08-04-2011, 02:39 AM
When I watched Monday Night Raw and saw Gail Kim eliminate herself I was like what the fuck why did she do that but then it got me thinking like maybe she might do the same thing as Punk and speak up for herself. To be honest Gail Kim is probably the best wrestling entertainer performers than any other divas in the locker room if it was a match between Gail Kim vs Beth Phoenix and they called the shots it would be a great match the same goes for Natalya. These three woman are the best in ring performers but because Kelly Kelly is smoking hot they put a divas championship on her and get rid of the real championship that's THE WOMAN'S CHAMPION. If they let Gail Kim, Beth Phoenix and Natalya actually wrestle I bet you they would put on great matches just like Lita and Trish did. SHIT!!! I think these three are better wrestling entertainers than John Cena if they got the chance to show it to people

LMPunker
08-04-2011, 02:40 AM
i think i saw her go out the ring but i thought it was a bad botch lol respect for gail on the one hand but then again its abit unprofessional

LordOfTheApes
08-04-2011, 02:43 AM
the unprofessionalism of the sapien named Kim shall cast a shadow over her. May the lord of all apes bless you with his inner nature Ms. Kim.

PHENOMINAL ENIGMA
08-04-2011, 03:29 AM

I'm suprised somebody hasn't written or Cena being WWE champ of the same company as CM Punk

CM_Jericho
08-04-2011, 04:38 AM
I respect Gail Kim. She is smart and knows what she is doing... I think we are going to see some pretty cool stuff coming from her.

The Brown One
08-04-2011, 04:50 AM
I respect Gail Kim. She is smart and knows what she is doing... I think we are going to see some pretty cool stuff coming from her.

Thanks alot dude now my minds in the gutter.

tshizzy34
08-04-2011, 05:25 AM
I just hope they don't just throw her under the bus like they have so many other great talents!

daniel bryan mark
08-04-2011, 05:27 AM
If this is part of a storyline, I want to see where it goes. I could see her cutting a promo on how only the cute divas get anywhere. It'd be pretty awesome.

If this is her being frustrated, then I hope she gets fired. I don't hate her, it's just I want to go somewhere where she will be fucking appreciated. Go somewhere female wrestlers are appreciated.

steveorton
08-04-2011, 07:13 AM
Let's just hope she doesn't get fired.

This, I'm jus sayin...

AOF666
08-04-2011, 07:51 AM
I noticed Gail eliminated herself. Disappointed but after her explanation, it makes sense.

THE_CRIPPLER
08-04-2011, 08:01 AM

yeah well i dont see many women wrestlers in wheel chairs like dynamite kid, or in as poor health as Harley Race from years of abuse, No women getting quads torn off and finishing matches, No women busting there stitches open and bleeding in the middle of the ring..... and i dont think anyone here and its safe to say this, would like if the 2 main events of wrestlemania are womens title matches..... I dont care if its Beth Phonix and Nattie neidhart, or Trish and beth Phonix... Womens matches are special atractions, there matches dont mean nearly as much in the history of wrestling as mens matches..... theres too many talented men being wasted to Worry about if "Gail Kim and Kelly Kelly got enough TV time for their match".

ihearvoices
08-04-2011, 08:40 AM
IMO she has never been nothing Special She really doesn't have nothing different to offer...At the end of the day she will never be a Trish, Mickie,Beth or any other female wrestler worth mentioning Gail is average at best, Yeah she can wrestle but there are alot of females out there that can wrestle. you got to have more to offer and she doesn't and for someone who has been wrestling for as long as she has its a ashamed. She has no one to blame but herself

Rilla
08-04-2011, 08:44 AM
..If she was trying to get fired, she could have easily went and asked for a release.

wrestlingfan66513
08-04-2011, 10:41 AM
I hope she gets fired and goes to Impact. At least there she had good matches and TV time.

123mlewis
08-04-2011, 11:10 AM
any one noticing the trail first beth then natlyla (spolier) and now gail it's the diva's who can wrestle but also now wwe has copyed tna with that after O.D.B and jackie

Viperfish
08-04-2011, 11:11 AM
yeah well i dont see many women wrestlers in wheel chairs like dynamite kid, or in as poor health as Harley Race from years of abuse, No women getting quads torn off and finishing matches, No women busting there stitches open and bleeding in the middle of the ring..... and i dont think anyone here and its safe to say this, would like if the 2 main events of wrestlemania are womens title matches..... I dont care if its Beth Phonix and Nattie neidhart, or Trish and beth Phonix... Womens matches are special atractions, there matches dont mean nearly as much in the history of wrestling as mens matches..... theres too many talented men being wasted to Worry about if "Gail Kim and Kelly Kelly got enough TV time for their match".

Networks and advertisers simply won't allow that to be shown on TV. Period. And without TV, you're nothing. I remember Kurt talking about Kong awhile ago and he thought the reason why they didn't want to push Kong vs Kurt in TNA was because Spike TV was against a man vs woman match.

indysteve1563
08-04-2011, 12:28 PM

It would be a damn shame to see Kim get "future-endeavored" as she's one of the few Divas who can actually wrestle. I think this is a "work."

http://www.wwehunks.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/The-Rock-with-Eugene4.jpg

The ORIGINAL "Little Jimmy"

xAzureSkye
08-04-2011, 01:59 PM
What you all didn't see was that when Melina got eliminated she started shouting stuff at Gail when she was walking by and Gail got out of the ring and chased Melina up the ramp

xAzureSkye
08-04-2011, 02:00 PM
any one noticing the trail first beth then natlyla (spolier) and now gail it's the diva's who can wrestle but also now wwe has copyed tna with that after O.D.B and jackie

No they didn't, this storyline is a continuation of the Kharma storyline but it had to be dropped.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-05-2011, 06:27 AM
She should of never rejoined WWE they didnt know how to use her first time round (never seen someone win a title on there debut then be buried the way she was) and they dont know how to use her now.

Shame really she has alot more talent then most women wreslters hell she has more then most of the men. She should of never left TNA. END OF