PDA

View Full Version : WWE Brands Merging.

straightedge916
08-03-2011, 02:56 PM
Has anybody else been bored with SD? The matches are mostly great, but compared to Raw the story lines suck. The world title story between Christian and Orton is getting VERY old and boring. I'm kinda excited to see Sheamus' Face run against Mark Henry, but other than that SD sucks. Does anybody else think WWE should merge brands, and maybe make both Raw and SD! 3 hours? That way a lot of the guys can still make it on the show, but both shows will always have guys like Punk on it?

CMRyder
08-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Nope. Keep it the way it is. Way too many guys on the roster to have merged brands...in fact they need a third brand if you ask me.

Krysys
08-03-2011, 03:25 PM
Nope. Keep it the way it is. Way too many guys on the roster to have merged brands...in fact they need a third brand if you ask me.

This ^^^

Wrestling Rant
08-03-2011, 03:26 PM
Exactly, two many performers which means more people will be less used. Plus WWE will lose a heck of a lot of money and so will the wrestlers.
Just keep Smackdown but just work harder at it.

--Wrestling Rant

akgator1
08-03-2011, 03:26 PM
I would love to see them merge. You could have fresh rivalries all the time and make it much more competitive. They need to trim some of the fat anyways, there are quite a few wrestlers who arent good entertainers on both shows.

ChosenOne
08-03-2011, 03:30 PM
The other way it could end up is all the big names would be used on Raw, then the upper-mid carders and mid carders would end up on SmackDown, alongside a few of the top guys. Pretty much how it is already.

TNA 'The very best'
08-03-2011, 03:37 PM
I think this is like the 3rd or 4th thread in a week or so to go on about this, Merge not good, 3rd show maybe

straightedge916
08-03-2011, 03:39 PM
Im just saying. Because obviously Raw has the better Superstars. For example, next week im going to SmackDown on Tuesday. Im kinda excited but at the same time disappointed. Because most of the guys i want to see is on Raw, that's why i'd like to see at least big names on both shows.

TNA 'The very best'
08-03-2011, 03:42 PM
Im just saying. Because obviously Raw has the better Superstars. For example, next week im going to SmackDown on Tuesday. Im kinda excited but at the same time disappointed. Because most of the guys i want to see is on Raw, that's why i'd like to see at least big names on both shows.

comparing to the last couple of weeks, theres been alot of talent exchange from raw to sd, looks like it might continue untill summerslam, so dont be disappointed/

CMRyder
08-03-2011, 03:45 PM

Randy Orton
Christian
Wade Barret
Sheamus
Cody Rhodes
Daniel Bryan
Mark Henry

Christian and Daniel Bryan would be the only ones I'd want to see. lol

Bodom
08-03-2011, 03:45 PM
Guys already go from brand to brand. So you're like.....already getting this.

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-03-2011, 03:49 PM
They do have a third brand. It's called WWE Superstars. If you put talents that are poorly used on a show of their own then that show will become the next Velocity or Sunday Night Heat regardless. I can only see that being changed if the WWE randomly decided to give a damn an place some of these guys in impactful storylines on this third brand.

Y2Jryder
08-03-2011, 04:17 PM
just make smackdown exciting

el gabo
08-03-2011, 04:33 PM
just make smackdown exciting

You're asking for a perfect show. Won't happen, just watch RAW if you're into storylines and entertainment and Superstars (and to a lesser extent) SD for wrestling. Simple as that.

helmsley
08-03-2011, 04:41 PM
i think sd is ok, maybe they need a more complete roster but i also enjoy watching raw and sd the same

Rockstar83
08-03-2011, 05:56 PM

yeah what we need MORE BRANDS....its fine how it is people even thought the WWE draft really has no meaning

SaberToothTigerz
08-03-2011, 05:56 PM
bring back velocity and heat

steveorton
08-03-2011, 06:00 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^Enough said, I'm jus sayin...

beatfighter3000
08-03-2011, 06:29 PM
The whole WWE superstars concept is a real washout for me. I liked it at first as some big stars like chris jericho would appear on the show, allowing it to become more popular, and entice audiences to come and watch the show. Now all we get is a bunch of hasbins who are barely involved in a well thought out storyline. A third brand? Whatever happened to ECW hey, remember how that turned out, It was just boring, and if I remember correctly, had the lowest rated ppv of ALL TIME. You know what they need to do? dont include a third brand, just utilise the championship belts a whole lot more in my opinion. There seems to be a lot of cruiserweights/light heavyweights, being misused e.g Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston [questionable, as he could be used well against ADR] Justin Gabriel, maybe even rey mysterio [due to this wwe title pursuit becoming a bit dry, and I dunno not really believable], and some more smaller unused wrestlers whose names I cant really think of at the moment. Make actual use of the Intercontinental Belt, which used to be so prestigious, but now, we have ezekiel Jackson who I cant remember last had a championship bout against. The US belt could also be utilised to bring in new competition. Who remembers the famous bouts with John Cena back on smackdown in 2004?
Back to the point, There is no real need to have three brands, but all we need is right use of the championship belts, because these days I see both shows as a one title brand, and it doesnt seem to be working on smackdown especially!

Ain't No Grave
08-03-2011, 07:25 PM
bring back velocity and heat

Totally agree with this. Oh and have proper pre PPV shows!

The Brown One
08-04-2011, 12:38 AM
Guys already go from brand to brand. So you're like.....already getting this.

Exactly. Its another case of people bitching about nothing.

sincara
08-04-2011, 02:21 AM
keep 2 brands if not make 3 brands

HITMAN
08-04-2011, 05:03 AM
Man that was the biggest mistake they ever made, iv been watching wrestling since the early 90s and I it started getting really boring when they splt the brands I mean they can still use all the titles , we wont have to see the same matchs every week , there would be more matches, they can bring back tag teams (because right now u cant have teams for both shows) and right now they really dont have that many main eventers, I can almost positive ratings would go up for both shows cause some people tune in for certain wrestlers

PLEASE MERGE

HITMAN
08-04-2011, 05:07 AM
The whole WWE superstars concept is a real washout for me. I liked it at first as some big stars like chris jericho would appear on the show, allowing it to become more popular, and entice audiences to come and watch the show. Now all we get is a bunch of hasbins who are barely involved in a well thought out storyline. A third brand? Whatever happened to ECW hey, remember how that turned out, It was just boring, and if I remember correctly, had the lowest rated ppv of ALL TIME. You know what they need to do? dont include a third brand, just utilise the championship belts a whole lot more in my opinion. There seems to be a lot of cruiserweights/light heavyweights, being misused e.g Evan Bourne, Kofi Kingston [questionable, as he could be used well against ADR] Justin Gabriel, maybe even rey mysterio [due to this wwe title pursuit becoming a bit dry, and I dunno not really believable], and some more smaller unused wrestlers whose names I cant really think of at the moment. Make actual use of the Intercontinental Belt, which used to be so prestigious, but now, we have ezekiel Jackson who I cant remember last had a championship bout against. The US belt could also be utilised to bring in new competition. Who remembers the famous bouts with John Cena back on smackdown in 2004?
Back to the point, There is no real need to have three brands, but all we need is right use of the championship belts, because these days I see both shows as a one title brand, and it doesnt seem to be working on smackdown especially!

perfectly said but just make one brand

tshizzy34
08-04-2011, 05:20 AM
This would not be a good idea imo.

Lowki
08-04-2011, 06:44 AM
Smackdown's issue is that Raw operates as the top brand in Vince's eyes. I wouldn't be surprised if a few main storylines on Raw were, at some point, dreamt up over on smackdown. Put it always seems that where Raw's only constraint is the PG rating, Smackdown has a lot of politics surrounding it (Drafts, storylines, spots on PPVs, main eventers) that makes it always appear a "b" show. People like Triple H, Austin, Cena have spent very little time on smackdown (as main eventers in Cena's case) and you know these were the "top guys" since the drafts beginning. It always seems that when smackdown always ends up with several "young" talents that need building up (who then get shipped to raw straight away - Del rio, Kofi, Ziggler) and then one SECONDARY main eventer. One example is the fact that both smackdown and raw were a bit thin last year and who gets sent to smackdown? Orton. But Raw STILL ends up getting Rey Mysterio in return which kind of weakened smackdown again.

xAzureSkye
08-04-2011, 08:21 AM
When NXT S5 ends, have NXT as a brand and put all the former Rookies and maybe some from FCW on it

Y2Jryder
08-04-2011, 08:52 AM
You're asking for a perfect show. Won't happen, just watch RAW if you're into storylines and entertainment and Superstars (and to a lesser extent) SD for wrestling. Simple as that.

I don't think the WWE want to have lower smackdown ratings...
I'm not asking for a perfect show i'm asking for a WATCHABLE show

El_Phenomenal
08-04-2011, 03:25 PM
I say to let both Brands have seperate PPVs and Combine at the big 4 PPVs like they used to do.

Mtt08 xXx
08-04-2011, 07:53 PM
i dont think they should merge. if anything id like to see another brand, and maybe make SD live. i know this cant happen with traveling schedules and stuff, but id like to see it

jordan1995
08-05-2011, 09:09 AM
they need a third brand..but mabye have 3 shows and merged brands ?

CMRyder
08-05-2011, 09:12 AM
they need a third brand..but mabye have 3 shows and merged brands ?

No that'd mean only what 3 titles? Not enough for all the guys they have on roster.

jordan1995
08-05-2011, 09:14 AM
No that'd mean only what 3 titles? Not enough for all the guys they have on roster.

no not at all they can have the tittles they have at the minute ..and bring back the european tittle ..all belts on all shows ;)