PDA

View Full Version : What if Punk loses?

ratedy2jayz
08-03-2011, 01:29 PM
With Summerslam coming up in 2 weeks, the unification title match between John Cena and CM Punk could play out so many different ways. With all of the possibilities of the ending to this match, I can only see it playing out two different ways that keep the "interenet fans" happy. 1) CM Punk defeats John Cena and leaves the Undisputed WWE Champion. 2) CM Punk defeats Alberto Del Rio and John Cena after Del Rio cashes in to make a triple threat match.

I think those two finishes are highly unlikely because if CM Punk defeats John Cena, the series of Punk vs Cena matches would be Punk-6 wins Cena-0 wins (Since Punk joined the nexus) and I cant see the WWE letting that happen. The second scenario is unlikely because the WWE seems to think they owe Del Rio a WWE Championship, and there is no way he is unsuccessfully cashing it in.

So my question is... What if CM Punk loses at Summerslam? Would that completely kill the entire storyline for you? Would that destroy the momentum the WWE and CM Punk has gained recently? Or do you think it would further the storyline with a potential 3 way feud?

VanHooliganX
08-03-2011, 01:34 PM
Doesn't matter who wins. Del Rio will walk out the champion. Followed by someone screaming "DEL RIO!" into a mic 1,000 times.

helmsley
08-03-2011, 01:35 PM
yep, i hope punk wins and when he losses the title, he losses it to del rio, and not to cena

ratedy2jayz
08-03-2011, 01:39 PM
Yeah I think it's inevitable that Del Rio walks out with the title. I just think that no matter how good the match between CM Punk vs Cena is, if anyone besides Punk walks out with the title, there are going to be a lot of pissed off people who say it was a horrible finish.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-03-2011, 01:41 PM
I reckon Punk wins. Pedegree by Triple H out comes Del Rio and becomes new champion.

Punk gets 3 months off

ratedy2jayz
08-03-2011, 01:47 PM
I reckon Punk wins. Pedegree by Triple H out comes Del Rio and becomes new champion.

Punk gets 3 months off

This would've been my guess before RAW on monday, but in Punk's promo he said he came back because the voice of the voiceless can't be heard from his couch, so i dont think he's going anywhere anytime soon.

zrdt12
08-03-2011, 01:49 PM
Going to go suicidal on this one and say that nothing mentioned above happens.

We're going to see a classic match and it really doesn't matter who wins. Cena is defining himself as more of a likeable character to an older audience recently.

Blinker
08-03-2011, 01:57 PM

Punk gets 3 months off

^^^^ I could see this happening.

I can definitely see Punk winning. Sure that would make him 6 and 0 versus Cena, but that's a good thing. Then it will the WWE a chance to show Cena as an underdog. They could build up another confrontation with it. Here's what I would like to have happen.

Punk wins. Triple H comes out and pedigree's him. Del Rio comes out and toys with Punk a little bit before cashing him. Del Rio grabs a mic and mocks him. Just before he hands over the briefcase to cash in we hear "Cult of Personality". Del Rio looks around in confusion because Punk is still laid out in front of him in the ring. Then we see the titantron flash the name COLT CABANA. Colt runs out and prevents the cashing in. Now you could have a feud building with Punk/Del Rio/Cena and have Colt in Punks corner.

Unfortunately, I think they will have Punk win and Del Rio cash in and win. Del Rio walks out the champ and Punk is left beat up in the ring. :(

jrsckilla23
08-03-2011, 01:59 PM

We're going to see a classic match and it really doesn't matter who wins. Cena is defining himself as more of a likeable character to an older audience recently.

I don't about Cena being a more likeable character with the older fans cuz that's not true there are still allot people who still don't like Cena and even some kids who are getting older now are getting tired of Cena don't believe me check out youtube and facebook there is always allot of people talking shit about Cena

TheRockerGother
08-03-2011, 02:42 PM
If Punk loses I really don't see why they even bothered with this storyline he's only had it for less then a month and for them to take off all the hype in Punk would be wrong.

SaberToothTigerz
08-03-2011, 02:56 PM
agreed with punk not loosing his steam
however creative plans are for setting del rio vs cena around september.

Krysys
08-03-2011, 02:58 PM
agreed with punk not loosing his steam
however creative plans are for setting del rio vs cena around september.

And that can change in an instant, as it has so many times

ratedy2jayz
08-03-2011, 03:02 PM
Now that I think about it, I can see Punk beating Cena and then Del Rio tries to cash in...... but CM Punk has a back-up plan because, being a two time MITB winner, he knows to be aware at all times as champ. Maybe this could lead to the debut of KoW to help Punk protect his title..

SaberToothTigerz
08-03-2011, 03:02 PM
And that can change in an instant, as it has so many times

yea true
but they have kept del rio from cashing in in two ocassions
one on mitb
and another one on two raws ago i believe

tshizzy34
08-03-2011, 03:20 PM
I see no other logical end to this but to have Punk leave as champion. If they make him lose it here this entire storyline angle will be for nothing. I understand that they have mentioned having ADR being champ while WWE is down in Mexico, but to strip Punk of the belt this soon would be more of a wasteful storyline than the whole Nexus one was.

CMRyder
08-03-2011, 03:21 PM
Punk is not getting this "time off". Punk wins, goes onto fued with someone else. End of story.

RagingBallsFTW
08-03-2011, 03:39 PM
To be honest, I think WWE is ignoring the fact that Punk is 6-0 since the nexus angle given Cena only stated that Punk defeated him once, at MITB, in his most recent promo.

AOF666
08-03-2011, 03:45 PM

Maybe you are but I'm not. Cena is trying to be more like Punk now. Cena is a poser plain and simple. He is one of those yes men Punk talked about.

Tay Moran
08-03-2011, 03:58 PM
With Summerslam coming up in 2 weeks, the unification title match between John Cena and CM Punk could play out so many different ways. With all of the possibilities of the ending to this match, I can only see it playing out two different ways that keep the "interenet fans" happy. 1) CM Punk defeats John Cena and leaves the Undisputed WWE Champion. 2) CM Punk defeats Alberto Del Rio and John Cena after Del Rio cashes in to make a triple threat match.

I think those two finishes are highly unlikely because if CM Punk defeats John Cena, the series of Punk vs Cena matches would be Punk-6 wins Cena-0 wins (Since Punk joined the nexus) and I cant see the WWE letting that happen. The second scenario is unlikely because the WWE seems to think they owe Del Rio a WWE Championship, and there is no way he is unsuccessfully cashing it in.

So my question is... What if CM Punk loses at Summerslam? Would that completely kill the entire storyline for you? Would that destroy the momentum the WWE and CM Punk has gained recently? Or do you think it would further the storyline with a potential 3 way feud?

I dont think Del Rio is going to get involved. I think Cena and Punk are going to face off at SS and who ever loses will use their rematch clause at NOC, and then they'll have one more match at HIAC to end everything.

Tay Moran
08-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Maybe you are but I'm not. Cena is trying to be more like Punk now. Cena is a poser plain and simple. He is one of those yes men Punk talked about.

You shouldnt drink the bong water

123mlewis
08-03-2011, 05:22 PM
maybe adr should win title in mexico just sayin

Enforcer23
08-03-2011, 08:36 PM
yep, i hope punk wins and when he losses the title, he losses it to del rio, and not to cena

i agree with this statement haha

tad locust
08-03-2011, 08:41 PM
ADR dosen't deserve to be WWE champion or a main eventer at all.

tshizzy34
08-03-2011, 09:31 PM

^^^^^Agree

Tay Moran
08-03-2011, 10:30 PM

I disagree, I feel that he could be a good main eventer and Champion one day

The Brown One
08-04-2011, 12:07 AM

^^^^^Agree

Its fucking easy to say someone shouldn't do something, but how about a little justification mate?

ratedy2jayz
08-04-2011, 12:13 AM
I just dont like the idea that the WWE feels they absolutely have to give him the title. There would be no gratification in winning the title if you've been promised it for so long.

tad locust
08-04-2011, 12:20 AM
Its fucking easy to say someone shouldn't do something, but how about a little justification mate?

He should't be world champion or a main eventer because he has only average ring skills and a stale one dimensinal gimmick.He was pushed way to fast and has not gotten over enough with the fans.He needs to improve and get over with the fans more if he wants to be a main eventer.Right now he seems like a mid carder at best

The Brown One
08-04-2011, 02:15 AM
He should't be world champion or a main eventer because he has only average ring skills and a stale one dimensinal gimmick.He was pushed way to fast and has not gotten over enough with the fans.He needs to improve and get over with the fans more if he wants to be a main eventer.Right now he seems like a mid carder at best

That's why they are grooming him to become a world champion now. Its been what, a year and a half, if not more since Del Rio debuted in the WWE? If he wins the title soon, it wouldn't be the first time that someone has won it very quickly-see Goldberg, Lesnar.

sincara
08-04-2011, 02:19 AM
punk wins
leaves ss as champ no cash ins no nothing

( i think this match should be made last man standing at ss or in a rematch at the next ppv after ss)

tad locust
08-04-2011, 02:54 AM
That's why they are grooming him to become a world champion now. Its been what, a year and a half, if not more since Del Rio debuted in the WWE? If he wins the title soon, it wouldn't be the first time that someone has won it very quickly-see Goldberg, Lesnar.

The thing is,He's hasn't improved at all since hes debuted and is not ready to win the tite.He hasn't gotten over with the fans and will not be a good world champion.Lesnar and Goldberg both one world titles quick because they were over with the crowd and were generally ready for it.Also,It fit there ''Unstoppable Monster'' characters to win the titles quick.He's simply not ready to main event.

CapitalJack
08-04-2011, 04:23 AM
How about this for an ending to the night:

CM Punk scores a CLEAN 1, 2, 3, Pin on Cena (as much as I like Cena, he NEEDS to lose a match cleanly). ADR cashes in, and Punk (The master of MITB) Pins him as well. End of story.

Think about it, it's never been done and therefore gives Punk something concrete behind his best in the world claims (and setting him up for the almost inevitable Feud with Jericho when he comes back), and on top of that, the 'E can continue screwing ADR, presenting him with a decent opportunity to finally play the under-appreciated card and start a potential tiff with Trips. Then the Cena/Rock feud can see another round of Promos

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-04-2011, 04:34 AM
How about this for an ending to the night:

CM Punk scores a CLEAN 1, 2, 3, Pin on Cena (as much as I like Cena, he NEEDS to lose a match cleanly). ADR cashes in, and Punk (The master of MITB) Pins him as well. End of story.

Think about it, it's never been done and therefore gives Punk something concrete behind his best in the world claims (and setting him up for the almost inevitable Feud with Jericho when he comes back), and on top of that, the 'E can continue screwing ADR, presenting him with a decent opportunity to finally play the under-appreciated card and start a potential tiff with Trips. Then the Cena/Rock feud can see another round of Promos

This seems very logical. As much as I admire ADR's in-ring skill I really don't want to see him going over Punk an then taking away his momentum. In fact I have hardly even seen ADR in a very long time. The last time I had even seen the guy was at MITB after he won the match. Then there was rumors about the WWE getting cold feet with ADR. I hope he wins it at a later point. I just don't want him winning it at the expense of Punk.