PDA

View Full Version : am I the only one horribly disapointed with the last two Raws?

Murphdogg4
08-03-2011, 04:47 AM
WWE had the best angle since the Nexus last summer, and in two weeks turned into just another boring wrestling angle. Jim Ross comes back to little fanfare. We get no explanation to who the anoumous raw manger was. They give Cena the belt again in a angle so predictable even the six year old on Jimmy Kimmel saw it coming. If you can't see the beggining of the E cutting CM punks legs out from underneath him your crazy. I'm really just disapointed, they capture everyones imagination and bring back old viewers just to offer us the SOS that were tired of in the first place.

SaberToothTigerz
08-03-2011, 04:52 AM
in the way u put it it does seem crap but i enjoyed it nontheless xD why is that?

Murphdogg4
08-03-2011, 04:56 AM
in the way u put it it does seem crap but i enjoyed it nontheless xD why is that?

I'm pretty sure the die hard fans that have been enjoying Raw are still onboard, but they dropped the ball bringing back the old school and casual fans. Keeping CM off air and showing clips of him at things like comic con or at Indy shows, even having him come and sit in the front row for awhile would have been a way to keep this angle hot and getting heat. And giving Cena the belt is the same lazy and obvious booking that's been killing them. And will we ever find out who the GM was all those months?

SaberToothTigerz
08-03-2011, 05:00 AM
I'm pretty sure the die hard fans that have been enjoying Raw are still onboard, but they dropped the ball bringing back the old school and casual fans. Keeping CM off air and showing clips of him at things like comic con or at Indy shows, even having him come and sit in the front row for awhile would have been a way to keep this angle hot and getting heat. And giving Cena the belt is the same lazy and obvious booking that's been killing them. And will we ever find out who the GM was all those months?

yea i agree he should be away for longer
but u kno how wwe is they want a big main event at summerslam so they brought punk back and immidiatly made cena champ again so yea go figures..
and maybe they will just give up on the whole annonymous gm thingy now that HHH is the ceo

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-03-2011, 05:05 AM

I think you just need to watch. They have TWO CHAMPIONS! this has never been done before. The GM is gone! who gives a damn at this point who it was? It's not like it's the first EVER unexplained thing that THE 'E has done. JR is BACK! and that's fine by me. Punk may have come back too soon, and I agree but this is still a great time. Punk is STILL Champion and I guarantee he will be after SS as well. Some shenanigans (spell?) will happen and Punk will become the TRUE Champion. Stop trying to look too far in advance with this one. They've been swerving the hell out of us lately and that's fine by me.

Did you predict that th RAW after the HOTTEST PPV of the year would be nothing but WRESTLING? That's what we've been bitching about, right? WE WANT WRESTLING! They gave it to us, in spades. VINCE NEEDS TO GO! They again, gave Ol' Yeller his walking papers. HAITCH NEEDS TO COME BACK!! Damn, they did that too! PUNK NEEDS TO LEAVE WITH THE CHAMPIONSHIP! Wow, again it happened. THERE HASN'T BEEN A TOURNAMENT IN FOREVER! Whew... again pleasing us? Damn! See what I mean? the pluses outweigh the negatives. SO WHAT that Cena is Champion again... Punk is too.

The Brown One
08-03-2011, 05:10 AM
I think you just need to watch. They have TWO CHAMPIONS! this has never been done before. The GM is gone! who gives a damn at this point who it was? It's not like it's the first EVER unexplained thing that THE 'E has done. JR is BACK! and that's fine by me. Punk may have come back too soon, and I agree but this is still a great time. Punk is STILL Champion and I guarantee he will be after SS as well. Some shenanigans (spell?) will happen and Punk will become the TRUE Champion. Stop trying to look too far in advance with this one. They've been swerving the hell out of us lately and that's fine by me.

Did you predict that th RAW after the HOTTEST PPV of the year would be nothing but WRESTLING? That's what we've been bitching about, right? WE WANT WRESTLING! They gave it to us, in spades. VINCE NEEDS TO GO! They again, gave Ol' Yeller his walking papers. HAITCH NEEDS TO COME BACK!! Damn, they did that too! PUNK NEEDS TO LEAVE WITH THE CHAMPIONSHIP! Wow, again it happened. THERE HASN'T BEEN A TOURNAMENT IN FOREVER! Whew... again pleasing us? Damn! See what I mean? the pluses outweigh the negatives. SO WHAT that Cena is Champion again... Punk is too.

Well put mate. I think he was just expecting everything to be perfect. Its been amazing as of late IMO.

Murphdogg4
08-03-2011, 05:10 AM

WCW did the two heavyweight champions angle in the early 90's. I also enjoyed seeing more wrestling, that was a positive last week.

Ren 13
08-03-2011, 05:17 AM
WWE had the best angle since the Nexus last summer, and in two weeks turned into just another boring wrestling angle. . . . . They give Cena the belt again in a angle so predictable even the six year old on Jimmy Kimmel saw it coming. . . . I'm really just disapointed, they capture everyones imagination and bring back old viewers just to offer us the SOS that were tired of in the first place.

I feel the same way... Punk said he wants time to tell a story, so I was on board to wait, but so far this "story" is the same old same old. Is this angle really living up to anyone's expectations? And P.S., if Punk came back to make sure Cabana gets another chance with WWE, more power to him.

Murphdogg4
08-03-2011, 05:18 AM
I understand as regular viewers you guys are happy, they had a chance to do something HUGE and DIFFERENT. And while the shows have not sucked, they are staying pretty much on format and being predictable as all hell. I think they really dropped the ball on a angle that could of got wrestling hot again.

Murphdogg4
08-03-2011, 05:19 AM
I feel the same way... Punk said he wants time to tell a story, so I was on board to wait, but so far this "story" is the same old same old. Is this angle really living up to anyone's expectations? And P.S., if Punk came back to make sure Cabana gets another chance with WWE, more power to him.

I agree, adding Colt would be interesting.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-03-2011, 05:28 AM
I understand as regular viewers you guys are happy, they had a chance to do something HUGE and DIFFERENT. And while the shows have not sucked, they are staying pretty much on format and being predictable as all hell. I think they really dropped the ball on a angle that could of got wrestling hot again.

"Capitol Punishment" had over 200,000 buys in the US market. Almost 60,000 more buys than "Fatal 4-Way" did this time last year. And also, the numbers for "Money In The Bank" haven't even been revealed yet. Not to mention that RAW's ratings were UP this week. 3.3 may not seem grand to you but, it really is. Wrestling is on the rise again. I guarantee it. Wrestling is picking up a lot more steam through Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. The internet is where everything is headed. RATINGS don't mean anything anymore... NO ONE is getting ratings. Even NFL had a hard time pulling 5.2's last season except for on MNF. And even THEN they were only getting 8.4's... when the Monday Night War was going on, WWF was getting high 6-8's regularly and same for WCW... NFL had 10.5's... Bob Dylan said it best many years ago and it's still apparant today: "The Times, they are a changin"

Y2Jryder
08-03-2011, 05:31 AM
I enjoyed the last 2 Raws.
There is alway something to complain about, bitch somewhere else.
I'm disappointed in Punk because he didn't do snow angels last week.
stfu

Murphdogg4
08-03-2011, 05:40 AM
I enjoyed the last 2 Raws.
There is alway something to complain about, bitch somewhere else.

I'm disappointed in Punk because he didn't do snow angels last week.
stfu

Didn't mean to make you fanboys throw hissy fits, just calling it like I see it. It's fine with me if you disagree, no reason to throw a temper tantrum about it.

Tommy Thunder
08-03-2011, 05:47 AM
I think Raw is better than it has been for a long time at the moment. We're getting good matches, and the content is good and captivating. I can't really complain about it.

A.Graham
08-03-2011, 05:52 AM
I'm not hating on Cena but in both final promos over the last two weeks as soon as he came out he kinda ruined it

Adreme
08-03-2011, 06:10 AM
The only dissapointing thing on Raw in last 2 weeks was this raws main even with triple h cm punk and cena. They spent the entire show hyping up HHH's decision like it would be something exciting and shocking and instead they just scheduled a match for Summerslam to unify titles. I get that having those 2 face off at Summerslam is the perfect end result but hyping up your whole main event and having 0 drama just "ooh 2 titles lets have a uification match at SS bye now" was just so anticlimatic.

masakaritko
08-03-2011, 06:19 AM
I'm ok with the direction things are going, just not the timing. They should have waited a week to give cena the title. Let Rey bask in his glory for winning his first WWE Championship. And if you look at it, Rey came off stronger than cena did by winning the title then putting on a hell of a match with some great offense during his title defense an hour after winning it. Cena didn't come off very strong at all by winning the title from a guy who is not only much smaller than him, but was already tired as hell after his match with Miz. Unless they are leading up to a Cena heel turn, this just doesn't cut it. At the end of the match Cena acted like he went through hell to win the title even though he just basically had easy prey handed to him. That's not what irks me though, because now they have Rey acting like he never even won the title and no promos about being upset that he lost the title, or even demands for a rematch. I mean, why would they even have him win the title if he wasn't really going to go anywhere with it. That's why they should have waited a week for him to drop the title to cena. Punk could have waited a week for his comeback too. oh well

123mlewis
08-03-2011, 06:45 AM
I havent read through this but the answer to your title is yes

Eve's Arse No.1
08-03-2011, 06:49 AM
Didn't mean to make you fanboys throw hissy fits, just calling it like I see it. It's fine with me if you disagree, no reason to throw a temper tantrum about it.

I dont think he is a fanboy you just have to realise that Raw leading up to MITB was at its best for many years. They had an excellent promo, an excellent fued plus it all kept us in suspence about what was going to happen next alot of us didnt know that CM Punk was going to stay on after MITB.

After going through such an epic and i believe future legendary storyline that we had is going to be one hell of a hard thing to top. The suspence isnt there anymore plus alot of people hate John Cena so having him become WWE champion again isnt going to please alot of people.

Raw now is still better then it has been for a while (excluding the weeks leading to MITB)

monctonvike
08-03-2011, 07:32 AM
I see both sides of this, the tournament was awsome I really enjoyed that raw. The old cena winning the title the same night mysterio won it stunk of hogan and hart to me. I thought this past raw was very boring. With that being said overall they have been doing a much better job with the angles and in ring production. I don't think tna had much to do with it, but ever since around the time the wrestling matters campaign started the wwe, have really stepped up there game in the ring. All and all, wwe has been getting much better some may have enjoyed raw this past week some may not but I am still going to be happy to watch next week

monctonvike
08-03-2011, 07:40 AM
"Capitol Punishment" had over 200,000 buys in the US market. Almost 60,000 more buys than "Fatal 4-Way" did this time last year. And also, the numbers for "Money In The Bank" haven't even been revealed yet. Not to mention that RAW's ratings were UP this week. 3.3 may not seem grand to you but, it really is. Wrestling is on the rise again. I guarantee it. Wrestling is picking up a lot more steam through Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. The internet is where everything is headed. RATINGS don't mean anything anymore... NO ONE is getting ratings. Even NFL had a hard time pulling 5.2's last season except for on MNF. And even THEN they were only getting 8.4's... when the Monday Night War was going on, WWF was getting high 6-8's regularly and same for WCW... NFL had 10.5's... Bob Dylan said it best many years ago and it's still apparant today: "The Times, they are a changin"

I don't wanna take away from what your saying, but football made about 9 billion dollars last year...I don't think they are hurting in anyway. Like that guy always says " I'm just saying"

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-03-2011, 08:02 AM
I don't wanna take away from what your saying, but football made about 9 billion dollars last year...I don't think they are hurting in anyway. Like that guy always says " I'm just saying"

I wasn't saying they're hurting. I didn't say WWE was hurting. I was making comparisions. That's all. Ratings are down across the board for everyone. NOT just the WWE. and with no competition any more, ratings technically don't matter. How about you read my post in length before you comment? Thanks.

Gameover
08-03-2011, 08:15 AM

Close the thread, this guy told everything. :)

AOF666
08-03-2011, 08:40 AM
I feel like everything is being rushed and trying to so much before Summer Slam. Punk should returned at Summer Slam. Raw should of continued with a WWE Champ. Haitch said out with the old in with the new. Then making Cena champ again is lame. One question though, when was Morrison fired?

Automatic
08-03-2011, 10:00 AM
Raw is very good at the moment. Offcourse Punk was rushed in, but they need a Summerslam main event, so don't act like that you never saw that coming. Everybody knows Cena's title is illegitimate.

NaterD4
08-03-2011, 11:30 AM
I know Morrison was out injured maybe Haitch was bringing him back from injury.

Y2Jryder
08-03-2011, 11:45 AM

I think i haven't seen a good Raw for years if I were you

Y2J___Y2J
08-03-2011, 12:45 PM
The last episode did absolutely nothing for the Punk/ Cena feud execpt confirm a match which everyone new would happen..
The week before was an awesome episode though

tshizzy34
08-03-2011, 01:27 PM
I think personally the past 2 raws have been fairly decent by today's standards. I mean HHH more or less fires Vince from his current position, Good Ole JR is back full time, and now Punk & Morrison are also back so I have no reason to complain.

maar13
08-03-2011, 03:34 PM

My only complain on your post, why if someone disagrees with you is he or she a fanboy? A lot of people around here does that like they are unique or like they are different form everyone else, guess what? you are not, you are like everyone else around here, to call people fanboys just make sound like tool.

And about Raw, well yes I could have been better, but there is a lot of false expexctations from people around here in how hey dream it could be or can be done, then someone else like it and start spreading like it will become a fact and when that doesn't happen everyone whines and complains about it.

Like on this one, everyone though Punk was going to be missing a long time or more than that it was whishful thinking.

Again, If Punk won the Title it was for a reason, do you really thing they would have let him go to the indies? or to ROH? be serious, Punk as of right now, is the biggest comodity the WWE has, hence his comeback as soon as it was possible, crappy explanation of why he came back? maybe.

His interaction with HHH was bad but it seemed not to be from Punk, HHH as an authority figure is lame.

And yes while Cena got the belt in the weirdest way possible for the main face of the company (Storyline wise, Mysterio was the most fighting champion, but the most stupid champion of all time) the fact that they have now the opportunity to out match MITB seems interesting.

While you can see where they are going, and say Cena is going to be on top again, everyone said the same about MITB and Punk Won, so who knows, They need Punk right now as hot as his star can be so nothign is really for certain.

johnnydropkicks
08-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Well put mate. I think he was just expecting everything to be perfect. Its been amazing as of late IMO.

I agree. I don't understand the hate on this because it's been pretty good. The idea that they could have him off air for months or more and it would still be good is wishful thinking. But I do think the idea of having him in the audience could have been good.

Like have him in the audience then have him jump the barricade and do something like bean Cena or HHH or Lauranitis and then announce that HHH resigned him while he stands over HHH prone and unconscious. And then like make fun of HHH while he's unconscious. "This is how he looks after 2 minutes with Stephanie!" oooh I can see it now.

still, it's been great so far.