PDA

View Full Version : Jeremiah Riggs

KingOrton
08-02-2011, 09:53 PM
If you haven't read already here it is:

“I was informed yesterday that the WWE isn’t going to use me,” Riggs said. “Two weeks ago I was invited to go to Tampa to tryout for FCW and from what they gathered they loved my personality but they said I was only average in the ring and said I have a bad attitude and carried myself like I had something to prove.

“I told them that if I’m average I’m doing pretty damn good considering I had only done this for two months. If I can get to average in several weeks imagine what I can do in a few months. And of course I’m eager to prove myself. I was surrounded by guys who had done this for several years and they were all wondering who this new rookie was. I had to show them I belonged.”

Riggs wasn’t complimentary of the WWE developmental wrestlers. “90% of those guys are vanilla. They are all the same. Long hair, pony tail, boring as can be. The day I left Tampa I shaved my head because I didn’t want to be anything like them. I’m Jeremiah Riggs from Vicksburg, Mississippi. I’m not going to be a clone. All of their promos sounded the same. They are boring and play it safe. People are afraid of the truth.

“What do they want in a superstar? I don’t need a character. I’m Jeremiah Riggs. I don’t need a new name or gimmick. The WWE has a shitty developmental roster. No one stands out. They are all scared of failure and half of them have been there for years. They are all the same and do the same stuff. Sure, they have a few guys that have potential but they are all clones. But I’m not going to be just like everybody else. What are they going to do send me home? You can’t scare someone who ain’t afraid.”

Riggs was also critical of WWE Tough Enough trainer Bill DeMott. “Me and Bill were cool on the show,” he said. “I heard he got a job as a scout for the WWE and I was glad to hear he was doing good for himself. He deserves it after so long in the business. When I was in Tampa doing my match with Orlov, Bill was praising me and talking about how good I was doing.

“I was doing stuff that Luke and Andy couldn’t do, on the first try. But when I walked into FCW a few weeks ago he acted like he was too cool to talk to me. He’s changed man. He thinks he is somebody because he was the big man on the show. I guess Hollywood went to his head. Sure he had a mediocre wrestling career and found new life on Tough Enough. I don’t give a shit. I’ll whoop his fat ass.”

This guy whether you liked him or not has potential considering he was "green as goose shit" ;) And I also can't blame him for lashing out. What do you guys think?

dres1214
08-02-2011, 10:00 PM
I thought it was a good read. I agree he has charisma and has potential to be a good.

68wPayne
08-02-2011, 10:03 PM
I liked Jeremiah alot and with the proper training he could be the next big thing. He probably just rubbed people the wrong way because he was on Tough Enough and some people in FCW like Seth Rollins and whatnot had been in the business alot longer than him and have yet to make it on WWE programming. I think he would be a valuable asset to keep around. It's a shame if WWE let him go instead of training him because he had personality which is something that alot of wrestlers, even some on the main roster, don't have. In all honestly he probably did walk around with a little bit of an ego but it would be hard not to when you came to Tough Enough never wrestling a day in your life and almost walked out with the contract. I sincerely hope that we haven't seen the last of him.

nrb6304
08-02-2011, 10:09 PM
I agree that he has A LOT of potential, that elbow drop he did off the top, yeah JoMo should've stolen that a LONG time ago. BUT this lashing out is NOT the way to network in the biz.

WRESTLING RULE #3: Keep your mouth shut and your ears open.

Go to any wrestling school in the world and I promise you they will teach you that.

Iron Ape
08-02-2011, 10:42 PM
He's going to Jeremiah Riggs himself into a career that involves delivering pizzas.

sivart
08-02-2011, 11:00 PM
He's going to Jeremiah Riggs himself into a career that involves delivering pizzas.

That was so funny that I lost my sense of humor.

zrdt12
08-02-2011, 11:52 PM
Right now I think he could easily be one of the better promoers with a little work. He's just made with the personality to get over as the fan favorite and connect with the crowd. His wrestling sucks but just take some time to learn it and he's made.

StevenT8481
08-03-2011, 12:26 AM
i like his attitude. wish we could see him in the future.
lets be honest....we have shitty ppl like david otunga wrestling now....and he has a belt!?!
but this guy can't get a contract.
eff that.

zrdt12
08-03-2011, 01:21 AM
i like his attitude. wish we could see him in the future.
lets be honest....we have shitty ppl like david otunga wrestling now....and he has a belt!?!
but this guy can't get a contract.
eff that.

And the suprise main event of Summerslam: Zack Ryder vs David Otunga in a buried alive match, and Ryder literally buries Otunga WWYKI. That match should make all of IWC drool.

WPack911
08-03-2011, 01:40 AM
I think he definitely has potential, but he needs to learn to have a little patience, work some indy's and gain some polish and earn your dues then try to get back to the WWE. I thought his MMA background was a bigger strength then the coaches gave him credit for and I wish more MMA guys would come over to pro wrestling because they are top flight athletes who understand the basics of grappling.

The problem is he came so close on Tough Enough I think he thought it was gonna be easy and now he has just had a mountain of having to do it the hard way thrown in front of him and he is having a hard time accepting it. He has too if he is gonna have any shot of making it now though, one thing is for sure these sour grapes he is spouting are only making him look worse in the eyes of the WWE right now and he needs to cut them out ASAP.

gravesismizfan
08-03-2011, 01:59 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=age09_QVoWQ&feature=youtube_gdata_player
Lol he's a reality tv star

Automatic
08-03-2011, 03:15 AM
Well he's not the smartest guy.

Rich Cranium
08-05-2011, 12:10 AM
I liked Jeremiah alot and with the proper training he could be the next big thing. He probably just rubbed people the wrong way because he was on Tough Enough and some people in FCW like Seth Rollins and whatnot had been in the business alot longer than him and have yet to make it on WWE programming. I think he would be a valuable asset to keep around. It's a shame if WWE let him go instead of training him because he had personality which is something that alot of wrestlers, even some on the main roster, don't have. In all honestly he probably did walk around with a little bit of an ego but it would be hard not to when you came to Tough Enough never wrestling a day in your life and almost walked out with the contract. I sincerely hope that we haven't seen the last of him.

I agree that he can be a great asset as long as he keeps his tongue in check.

Not at all funny.

Well he's not the smartest guy.

So when are wrestlers on a genius level?

ObscureRessurection
08-05-2011, 12:22 AM
So when are wrestlers on a genius level?

Mike Knox seemed pretty intelligent. It was almost as though there was a second brain inside of that epic beard of his.

Oh an Jeremiah Riggs is burning his bridges quicker than pyromaniacs. He should just shut up an deal with it. If he believes that he can offer change then he should do just that. This is just a case of "Bash WWE just because I didn't get a contract" syndrome. I bet if the guy would have gotten signed then he would have been all smiles an complimenting the hell out of FCW, and the WWE developmental system that they have.

johnnydropkicks
08-05-2011, 12:30 AM
I like Jeremiah Riggs cuz eh shaves his head and doesn't afraid of anything

Rich Cranium
08-05-2011, 12:33 AM
Mike Knox seemed pretty intelligent. It was almost as though there was a second brain inside of that epic beard of his.

Oh an Jeremiah Riggs is burning his bridges quicker than pyromaniacs. He should just shut up an deal with it. If he believes that he can offer change then he should do just that. This is just a case of "Bash WWE just because I didn't get a contract" syndrome. I bet if the guy would have gotten signed then he would have been all smiles an complimenting the hell out of FCW, and the WWE developmental system that they have.

I was gonna comment but you sir, have a great point.

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 10:45 PM
Jeremiah Riggs isn't going to last long with the way hes acting.

CMRyder
08-05-2011, 11:24 PM
Who in the blue hell is Jeremiah Riggs?

WWTNA Mark
08-06-2011, 10:11 AM
Who in the blue hell is Jeremiah Riggs?

The former MMA fighter from Tough Enough and the one with the false teeth.

CMRyder
08-06-2011, 11:55 AM
The former MMA fighter from Tough Enough and the one with the false teeth.

Did he really think WWE would take someone with false teeth? Lol

WWTNA Mark
08-07-2011, 07:42 PM

My thoughts exactly. lol

WWTNA Mark
08-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Not at all funny.

Well its true. ;)