PDA

View Full Version : People who say video games make you violent are racist!

IrkenInvader
08-02-2011, 08:34 PM
You heard me. (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111965-Expert-Says-Blaming-Videogames-for-Violence-is-Racist)

Tomsta666
08-02-2011, 08:37 PM
Well... why not, eh?

S.E. Zero
08-02-2011, 08:38 PM
Well... why not, eh?

^^^This?^^^

Tommy Thunder
08-02-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm taking a hunch that you're wither drunk or high tonight Irk!

IrkenInvader
08-02-2011, 09:25 PM
Click the link bitches.

zapphoman
08-03-2011, 12:30 AM
well I have been playing video games for nearly all my life and I have never wanted to just get and kill a bunch of other people.

RomanFlare
08-03-2011, 12:37 AM
This is the greatest study ever for two reasons:

1) Well, anything defending video games from the crazed mass populus is ALWAYS a good thing.

2) RACISM AGAINST WHITE PEOPLE! IT EXISTS!

*hides his inner Republican and runs away*

Eve's Arse No.1
08-03-2011, 03:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_sJnFUHcrg

Think this is the video he means. Its hilarious its so one sided and the people against it are so misinformed its unbelievable they are reffering to incidents about movies not VIDEO GAMES.

The one guy they have for video games isnt allowed a say and hes the only one qualified to talk about it. Its so hialrious how ignorant and stupid alot of old people are in the UK.

RomanFlare
08-03-2011, 03:44 AM
He means the report he linked in the original post. I'm... actually kinda surprised that people are missing this.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-03-2011, 03:48 AM
He means the report he linked in the original post. I'm... actually kinda surprised that people are missing this.

wheres the link?

RomanFlare
08-03-2011, 03:49 AM
wheres the link?

It's literally the only three words in the original post. That are blue and kinda bolded.

I don't mean to sound like an ass about it.

Eve's Arse No.1
08-03-2011, 03:51 AM
It's literally the only three words in the original post. That are blue and kinda bolded.

I don't mean to sound like an ass about it.

Fair point to be fair i have just woken up m8 lol

zapphoman
08-03-2011, 03:53 AM
wheres the link?

the one on the top comment that is in blue font. it is clickable.

VanHooliganX
08-03-2011, 01:26 PM
You heard me. (http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/111965-Expert-Says-Blaming-Videogames-for-Violence-is-Racist)

Video games = Bad parents excuse.

God forbid people own up to their own faults.

Markedoutforlife
08-03-2011, 01:46 PM
well I have been playing video games for nearly all my life and I have never wanted to just get and kill a bunch of other people.

Somr peop e have made me want to perform a fatality on them, nut i was crazy b4 videogames got to me! Lolz

Necroyeti
08-03-2011, 01:56 PM

VINTAGE EWN! whargl fargl

Leggo
08-03-2011, 02:09 PM
Video games = Bad parents excuse.

God forbid people own up to their own faults.

I tend to disagree with this mate. I have a teenage son who does nothing but play on his Xbox. We actively encourage him to join in with family days out and interaction with friends outdoors, but it is ignored. It is hard as a parent, as he's a grade A student and is never in trouble... So tackling the situation can be tricky sometimes.

If we limit gaming time we're bad parents. If we ignore it we're bad parents too. It can be a tough one to call.

TheBeardOfZeus
08-03-2011, 02:33 PM
I tend to disagree with this mate. I have a teenage son who does nothing but play on his Xbox. We actively encourage him to join in with family days out and interaction with friends outdoors, but it is ignored. It is hard as a parent, as he's a grade A student and is never in trouble... So tackling the situation can be tricky sometimes.

If we limit gaming time we're bad parents. If we ignore it we're bad parents too. It can be a tough one to call.

True dude, but it's odd for him not to get involved.

I do both, I make sure I do.

IrkenInvader
08-03-2011, 02:40 PM

Your not bad parents for doing that because that is parenting.

Leggo
08-03-2011, 02:45 PM
Your not bad parents for doing that because that is parenting.

Yeah, I know that mate. I meant in my sons eyes we're bad. Kids! Lol

Don't get me started on how much the games cost! Lol

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-03-2011, 02:46 PM
I believe it has more to do with weapons an how the War had glamourized how thrilling it is to shoot somebody. Although Video Games can be held accountable for some crimes... Not every crime should be linked to them. There was recently a guy who went into a bar with a hachet an killed some guy just because the lyrics in an Insane Clown Posse song told him to (rofl). Some people are just born to commit crimes. If we were all perfect then our world would be boring.

Tomsta666
08-03-2011, 02:49 PM
I believe it has more to do with weapons an how the War had glamourized how thrilling it is to shoot somebody. Although Video Games can be held accountable for some crimes... Not every crime should be linked to them. There was recently a guy who went into a bar with a hachet an killed some guy just because the lyrics in an Insane Clown Posse told him to (rofl). Some people are just born to commit crimes. If we were all perfect then our world would be boring.

No they can't, at all. It's the actions of the person that commits the crime, always. Using video games as a scapegoat, is fucking ridiculous!

Leggo
08-03-2011, 02:51 PM
I believe it has more to do with weapons an how the War had glamourized how thrilling it is to shoot somebody. Although Video Games can be held accountable for some crimes... Not every crime should be linked to them. There was recently a guy who went into a bar with a hachet an killed some guy just because the lyrics in an Insane Clown Posse song told him to (rofl). Some people are just born to commit crimes. If we were all perfect then our world would be boring.

Yeah, I agree with that. Anything from films, games and music are always going to get blamed for certain instances. Personally, it's within the person that makes them do these horrific things, not the games, music etc etc.