PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Else Noticing The "Accent" Coming Through More And More On Cena?

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-02-2011, 12:09 PM
Being's that he's from the Boston area of course he has that famous "accent". Obviously week in and week out, he tries to hide that accent. But recently he's been letting it slip out more and more. He's been getting more aggressive with his promos, he's flying off the handle and being a "rebel" more and more. Anyone think that finally a new gimmick is slowly making its way through? Or do you think they're trying to make him show a more human side for comparison purposes? Basically "he's getting under my skin so much I have to react like this." I don't know, I'm sensing a bit of a change and I'm wanting to see if anyone else feels the same way.

RomanFlare
08-02-2011, 12:14 PM
Being's that he's from the Boston area of course he has that famous "accent". Obviously week in and week out, he tries to hide that accent. But recently he's been letting it slip out more and more. He's been getting more aggressive with his promos, he's flying off the handle and being a "rebel" more and more. Anyone think that finally a new gimmick is slowly making its way through? Or do you think they're trying to make him show a more human side for comparison purposes? Basically "he's getting under my skin so much I have to react like this." I don't know, I'm sensing a bit of a change and I'm wanting to see if anyone else feels the same way.

That's something I've never noticed. From Ohio, where the only accents are from Kentucky, I've never even thought about his lack of accent. I'll definitely be paying attention next week. A little bit of accent isn't a bad thing, though. As long as he's understandable.

Automatic
08-02-2011, 12:22 PM
I'll be paying extra attention to his accent when I'm going to watch Raw later.

ratedy2jayz
08-02-2011, 12:36 PM
His accent became obvious when he was yelling at johnny ace. The way he says "im gonna punch you in the face" made me laugh.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-02-2011, 12:40 PM
His accent became obvious when he was yelling at johnny ace. The way he says "im gonna punch you in the face" made me laugh.

Glad I'm not the only one who's noticed lol. Either way, I can pinpoint EXACTLY where it began: July 11th, 2011 -- When Cena butted in during the contract negotiations with VKM and Punk. THAT SPEECH is where I noticed it. I even went back and watched the weeks leading up to that and not even the slightest of accent. And then BLAM! there it is.

JLeeDude1892
08-02-2011, 01:20 PM

I have noticed this. Especially some two weeks ago or something he was saying "with my bare hands" and he said it like, "with my beahh hands" lol.

68wPayne
08-02-2011, 01:48 PM
I have noticed that just because (no offense meant towards anyone) I hate the Boston accent and I have always been amazed that I don't hear much of that accent in Cena. And I swear I meant no harm to anyone from that area with that accent because I'm sure my Southern drawl irritates y'all too.

ajcsuperstar23
08-02-2011, 03:11 PM
I heard this accent coming through for weeks now and i totally understand where u are coming from. glad he dropped his "fake" southern acccent he had when he first became "the marine"

jrsckilla23
08-02-2011, 03:53 PM
Yeah I have been noticing that accent but people he ain't from Boston he's from West Newbury. Boston is where the real Nigga, Gangstas and Thugs are at West Newbury are the wannbe suburb thugs, suburb gangstas and have only one black friend not a nigga friend and all of a sudden they try to act like a nigga from the hood. But hey at least he's changing his character but don't matter never liked him and never will

SDR
08-02-2011, 04:21 PM
I noticed it the week before money in the bank, when they were in Massachusetts, I figured it was because he was with family and friends over the weekend... hopefully it will continue.

tshizzy34
08-02-2011, 04:34 PM
lol I did sorta notice this myself. For whatever reason it kinda reminds me of the skits Jimmy Fallon used to do on SNL, when he did his great Boston accent!

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-02-2011, 05:21 PM
I noticed it as well. This reminds me of how Hugh Laurie always hid his accent.

CrowOfMurders
08-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Being from NY and a diehard Yankees fan, his boston drawl jst makes me hate him even more, i LOLd outta my seat wen Punk called him Jeter. I'm hoping the boston douchebag is where he's taking his character,his "i'm the hardest working superstar in the history of the WWE Universe" crap would sound much better as "Ahm dah haaahdst war-king supahstah en dah Hestry ob da DubyaDubyahEEE Yuneburs" and I can no longer understand anything he says :)

thejman93
08-02-2011, 06:03 PM
I noticed it when he was berating Ace last night. It seems liike it happens when he's acting pissed about something.

CobraNightviper
08-02-2011, 11:18 PM
I am from Ohio and I live in Kentucky and theres some real hicks here with bad accents but anyway I didn't notice it either but next week I will pay attention.
That's something I've never noticed. From Ohio, where the only accents are from Kentucky, I've never even thought about his lack of accent. I'll definitely be paying attention next week. A little bit of accent isn't a bad thing, though. As long as he's understandable.

pgarcia79
08-02-2011, 11:35 PM
I wonder if it was the wwe's idea to cover his accent. Companies do that all the time, when they think something will connect more on a national level. I'd actually had never heard his accent till that night in boston, and it was so obvious. I thought he was doing it on purpose to get over with the crowd.