PDA

View Full Version : WWE Vote for the Champion, rigged?

cancron
08-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Ok after the Mason Ryan vote a few months ago and the vote tonight between Cena and CM punk, who thinks WWE even counts the vote?

It just boggles my mind that Cena received that much of the vote. isn't the rule "to be the man, you have to beat the man" and Cena never beat the man. Or am I just over blowing how much the Cena kid could have counted?

CMRyder
08-01-2011, 10:20 PM
I don't think it was rigged, rather just a bunch of women voted.

ratedy2jayz
08-01-2011, 10:21 PM
I think Cena's fans just voted more than Punk's fans.. Honestly I dont think they really cared.

johnnydropkicks
yeah I don't think it was rigged. in a household if it's one vote per computer some might have gone to the kids.

pauadrian
its like they could have at least shown a 50-50
i voted on cm punk 10 times

ihearvoices
Ok after the Mason Ryan vote a few months ago and the vote tonight between Cena and CM punk, who thinks WWE even counts the vote?

It just boggles my mind that Cena received that much of the vote. isn't the rule "to be the man, you have to beat the man" and Cena never beat the man. Or am I just over blowing how much the Cena kid could have counted?

Once it hit 12am that day Cm punk technically was no longer a WWE superstar meaning he was no longer WWE champion...So the truth is Cena is the Real champ if we going to be technically as far as saying the votes being Rigged? lets be real Cena is a bigger and more like superstar than Cm punk anyone who disagree need to stop riding punk

CMRyder
08-01-2011, 10:23 PM
Once it hit 12am that day Cm punk technically was no longer a WWE superstar meaning he was no longer WWE champion...So the truth is Cena is the Real champ if we going to be technically as far as saying the votes being Rigged? lets be real Cena is a bigger and more like superstar than Cm punk anyone who disagree need to stop riding punk

Well I see it this way, Punk beat Cena, and Punk has the REAL title, Cena just got a replacement. Hit puberty son.

ratedy2jayz
08-01-2011, 10:24 PM

Well in that case I think Mysterio shouldn't have had to defend the title because the title Cena had a rematch for was vacated...

Bodom
08-01-2011, 10:25 PM
It's ridiculous how many holes this angle has.

cancron
08-01-2011, 10:26 PM

Man I hope that's a trolling response. 2 reasons Cena shouldn't be the champ. He never won the belt from Punk and he attacked a tired and beaten Mysterio to get the belt. I thought he was suppose to be a role model. Not a cheap shot artist.

johnnydropkicks

elaborate.

CMRyder

True, but yet this is one of the more entertaining in quite a while.

Enforcer23
08-01-2011, 10:30 PM
nah all the over 18 year olds were like fuck that shit...you know it

ihearvoices
08-01-2011, 10:32 PM
Man I hope that's a trolling response. 2 reasons Cena shouldn't be the champ. He never won the belt from Punk and he attacked a tired and beaten Mysterio to get the belt. I thought he was suppose to be a role model. Not a cheap shot artist.

1. you right punk did beat Cena...But then Punk left WWE the minute he left he was no longer a superstar meaning he is no longer the WWE champion

2. How can you call him a cheap shot artist? Its not like Cena went against him right after his match like he cash in the MITB briefcase. He wrestled him later that night

3. Logically Cm punk is no longer the Champ and Cena. You can just leave your job and come back a week later and expect to be in the same position.

Bodom
08-01-2011, 10:33 PM
elaborate.

He and Mysterio trade wins back and forth, he pins Cena with that bullshit distraction finish they use all the time, somehow this makes him next in line. Now that guy earns his title shot, and he's suspended. Then he's brought back the very next week, but not before another guy earns a title shot, which now HE isn't getting. What is the point of that? We see it in TNA all the time, and all it does is undermine the first guy because even the people who thought he had a chance of winning start realizing he isn't going to.

Why do we need a champion vs champion match? If CM Punk is back then he is still the champ becuase 30 days didn't pass. Why would Punk allow an alternate champion to be crowned if he was coming back anyway? Why would his character even allow the ambiguity?

It still boggles my mind that John Cena is lobbying to keep a title that he lost fair and square. What kind of babyface does that? Hell since when has Cena ever done that?

nafeesgreat1
08-01-2011, 10:34 PM
Riggggeeeeeddd !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CMRyder
08-01-2011, 10:35 PM
1. you right punk did beat Cena...But then Punk left WWE the minute he left he was no longer a superstar meaning he is no longer the WWE champion

2. How can you call him a cheap shot artist? Its not like Cena went against him right after his match like he cash in the MITB briefcase. He wrestled him later that night

3. Logically Cm punk is no longer the Champ and Cena. You can just leave your job and come back a week later and expect to be in the same position.

I can easily counter all those points, but why bother? You wouldn't understand anyways.

WWTNA Mark
08-01-2011, 10:35 PM
It still boggles my mind that John Cena is lobbying to keep a title that he lost fair and square. What kind of babyface does that? Hell since when has Cena ever done that?

Note that Triple H booked Cena in the title match to face Rey.

ihearvoices
08-01-2011, 10:36 PM
I can easily counter all those points, but why bother? You wouldn't understand anyways.

Try Entertain me please =)

CMRyder
08-01-2011, 10:37 PM

Point is, Cena lost to Punk and you think he'd be man enough to admit Punk is the Real champion.

zapphoman
08-01-2011, 10:39 PM

yeah and apparently both Cena and Mysterio agreed to it.

cancron
08-01-2011, 10:40 PM

Because WWE didn't resign him in time means they get to strip him of his title. Thats like the old argument "it's not cheating on my gf if I cheat on her in a different time zone."

He forced a guy to fight twice in one night with only a little only over a hour to rest up. If Cena was as respectable as his Character claims he should have said he'd fight him n ext week, or at the PPV. Mysterio was battered and bruised and Cena took full advantage of it.

At any job with a contract. They don't take away your office if you're still in the progress of negotiating. They wait till you outright refuse which cena never did. And plus Cena was fired when he lost to punk. so he should have started over from scratch...he shouldn't of alreaqdy been automatically considered the #1 contender

Bodom

Irrelevant. The title he lost was in Punk's possession.

WPack911
I'm not surprised Cena won, I expected Cena to win, there are A LOT of women and kid fans of Cena (and a few male fans). Those fans are not the type that use internet wrestling forums so on here it looks like 95% of fans hate Cena, but actually that is just the core wrestling fans. There are a lot of us core fans sure and WWE would be screwed without us, but casual fans out number us a little and that poll reflected it.

However that was WAY closer then I thought it might be, for a guy that has been playing basically a heel (at best a heel leaning tweener) 46% shows just how over Punk has got in about a month VS Cena who has been pushed for years and has almost all the kids and women (the casuals) behind him.

Cena has been the face of the WWE for years all over the world and yet he almost lost a poll to CM Punk that has only really been pushed hard the right way for a month, IMO that is a huge victory for Punk. 2 months ago if there was a Punk vs Cena poll Punk would have been lucky to get 20%, now he has 46%, the tide is tuning big time and it might even be big enough for Cena to turn heel in the next year or so.

Bodom
08-01-2011, 10:41 PM
Point is, Cena lost to Punk and you think he'd be man enough to admit Punk is the Real champion.

This. It went against everything the Cena character stands for.

CMRyder
08-01-2011, 10:43 PM

1. CM PUNK beat Cena, and has the Real championship, and Cena would have to defeat Punk to be the actual Champion. Cena has a belt, Punk has a championship. You know, the real one? He took a vacation, so? He still has the legitimate title, and Cena has a "replacement"

2. It wan an Hour and a half, come one! The same night! Maybe not right after but close enough. Woulda made more sense if it was the next week or something.

3. I'm not even sure what you're third point was, but all I know is it obvious Punk is the real champion. Punk beat Cena but Cena hasn't beaten Punk yet. 2+2 = 4. Same logic.

Bodom
08-01-2011, 10:44 PM

Also. Cena is always preaching do right, win with honor,etc. For him to walk around with that belt as if its a true title is the exact opposite of what he says and does. Its something a heel would do.

Cena even counted the 1-2-3 for Orton which led to him being "fired" by Wade Barrett. Cena did it because he refused to disgrace the title. Yet another hole in the storyline.

cancron
08-01-2011, 10:45 PM
However that was WAY closer then I thought it might be, for a guy that has been playing basically a heel (at best a heel leaning tweener) 46% shows just how over Punk has got in about a month VS Cena who has been pushed for years and has almost all the kids and women (the casuals) behind him.

Cena has been the face of the WWE for years all over the world and yet he almost lost a poll to CM Punk that has only really been pushed hard the right way for a month, IMO that is a huge victory for Punk. 2 months ago if there was a Punk vs Cena poll Punk would have been lucky to get 20%, now he has 46%, the tide is tuning big time and it might even be big enough for Cena to turn heel in the next year or so.

Very Valid point. Punk went from just above midcarder to one of the top 2...maybe 3 in the company...Sorry Orton

johnnydropkicks
08-01-2011, 10:45 PM
He and Mysterio trade wins back and forth, he pins Cena with that bullshit distraction finish they use all the time, somehow this makes him next in line. Now that guy earns his title shot, and he's suspended. Then he's brought back the very next week, but not before another guy earns a title shot, which now HE isn't getting. What is the point of that? We see it in TNA all the time, and all it does is undermine the first guy because even the people who thought he had a chance of winning start realizing he isn't going to.

Why do we need a champion vs champion match? If CM Punk is back then he is still the champ becuase 30 days didn't pass. Why would Punk allow an alternate champion to be crowned if he was coming back anyway? Why would his character even allow the ambiguity?

yeah. lot of them.

ratedy2jayz
08-01-2011, 10:47 PM
This. It went against everything the Cena character stands for.

I was shocked when Cena said "This guy thinks he's the champion because he beat me ONCE".. well usually when you beat someone once in a WWE Championship match you're the champion. And i definitely recall Punk beating Cena at least 3 times..

Bodom
08-01-2011, 10:47 PM
yeah. lot of them.

If Punk wasn't a part of this angle, we'd be shitting all over it.

johnnydropkicks
08-01-2011, 10:49 PM
haha so true

WWTNA Mark
08-01-2011, 10:51 PM
Also. Cena is always preaching do right, win with honor,etc. For him to walk around with that belt as if its a true title is the exact opposite of what he says and does. Its something a heel would do.

Cena even counted the 1-2-3 for Orton which led to him being "fired" by Wade Barrett. Cena did it because he refused to disgrace the title. Yet another hole in the storyline.

Yeah, that is true.

Ruthless_Aggression
08-01-2011, 10:52 PM
If Punk wasn't a part of this angle, we'd be shitting all over it.

Was really hoping Punk would shoot on Cena over his status in the company like he mentioned at that fox show. Guess next week :L

TNA 'The very best'
08-01-2011, 10:53 PM
its like they could have at least shown a 50-50
i voted on cm punk 10 times

ERRR couldnt you only vote once??? do you have 10 computers???

capn-edu
08-01-2011, 10:55 PM
whole bunch of shiet

cancron
08-01-2011, 10:56 PM
ERRR couldnt you only vote once??? do you have 10 computers???

Clear cookies and vote again

WPack911
08-01-2011, 10:56 PM

In Boxing where there are many titles (too many really), but there is such a thing as the "Lineal" champion, this man is the TRUE champion in his weight class because he is the man that beat the last true champ, who beat the champ before that, who beat the champ before that, spanning the entire history of boxing all the way back to the first champions, other champions in the same weight class are just belt holders of titles that were made later to make guys look better, make guys look like champions.

This is the same situation CM Punk is in now, he is the Lineal champion because he beat the champion, who beat the champion before that, and so on going back to the beginning of the WWE/WWF, this makes him the TRUE champion, Cena is merely a belt holder of a title that was created later to make him look like a champion.

I can't put it any clearer that that explanation above, CM Punk is the one and only TRUE Lineal WWE Champion.

VanHooliganX
08-01-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm surprised so many 12 year olds own computers and laptops now. Quite sad actually :(

TNA 'The very best'
08-01-2011, 11:02 PM
I'm surprised so many 12 year olds own computers and laptops now. Quite sad actually :(

fuck, my aunties 2 year old grand kid is better on a ipad2 than me, kids now a days

ratedy2jayz
08-01-2011, 11:12 PM
In Boxing where there are many titles (too many really), but there is such a thing as the "Lineal" champion, this man is the TRUE champion in his weight class because he is the man that beat the last true champ, who beat the champ before that, who beat the champ before that, spanning the entire history of boxing all the way back to the first champions, other champions in the same weight class are just belt holders of titles that were made later to make guys look better, make guys look like champions.

This is the same situation CM Punk is in now, he is the Lineal champion because he beat the champion, who beat the champion before that, and so on going back to the beginning of the WWE/WWF, this makes him the TRUE champion, Cena is merely a belt holder of a title that was created later to make him look like a champion.

I can't put it any clearer that that explanation above, CM Punk is the one and only TRUE Lineal WWE Champion.

Wouldn't this kinda mean that Vince McMahon is the WWE Chanpion? No one ever beat him for the title. I'm sure the title was probably vacated before that too.

CMRyder
08-01-2011, 11:13 PM
Wouldn't this kinda mean that Vince McMahon is the WWE Chanpion? No one ever beat him for the title. I'm sure the title was probably vacated before that too.

Thats completely different.

Bodom
08-01-2011, 11:16 PM

Punk was never stripped of the title or gave up the championship . They just pretended that MITB never happened.

SilverGhost
08-01-2011, 11:24 PM
Wow....some deep stuff here. Cena doing heelish moves.

ratedy2jayz
08-01-2011, 11:27 PM
Well if CM Punk isn't the champion because he left the company neither is Cena because he was fired after he lost, thus stripping any claim to him having a rematch clause. And if someones argument is that Cena wasn't actually fired (even those were the rules for the advertised match) because HHH stopped Vince from firing him, then HHH isnt following the rules like he claimed he is on RAW. Therefore HHH should be fired for the same reason Vince was fired.

Bottom lime.. Bodom was right, there are too many holes.

SilverGhost
08-01-2011, 11:31 PM
I'm confused!

Bodom
08-01-2011, 11:37 PM
I'm confused!

Its simple. The awesomeness of Punk outweighs the shittiness of this angle.

ihearvoices
08-01-2011, 11:42 PM
Because WWE didn't resign him in time means they get to strip him of his title. Thats like the old argument "it's not cheating on my gf if I cheat on her in a different time zone."

He forced a guy to fight twice in one night with only a little only over a hour to rest up. If Cena was as respectable as his Character claims he should have said he'd fight him n ext week, or at the PPV. Mysterio was battered and bruised and Cena took full advantage of it.

At any job with a contract. They don't take away your office if you're still in the progress of negotiating. They wait till you outright refuse which cena never did. And plus Cena was fired when he lost to punk. so he should have started over from scratch...he shouldn't of alreaqdy been automatically considered the #1 contender

How was they negotiating when he was officially no longer working for the company for a week (Storyline) That's why they say punk was resigned meaning he was no longer a superstar and signed a new deal

tshizzy34
08-01-2011, 11:45 PM
All I know is Punk just better keep the title, and imo that's all that matters!

johnnydropkicks
08-01-2011, 11:57 PM
I just hope we don't hear "I was here to compete in the tournament and you weren't punk. I would have liked a rematch with you but you weren't here and I was cause I'm always here cause I love this." before Summerslam

URATOOL
08-02-2011, 12:33 AM
I just hope we don't hear "I was here to compete in the tournament and you weren't punk. I would have liked a rematch with you but you weren't here and I was cause I'm always here cause I love this." before Summerslam

But he didn't. He just mopped up the title from a knackered Rey.

zapphoman
08-02-2011, 12:58 AM
But he didn't. He just mopped up the title from a knackered Rey.

Yeah, that whole situation didn't help Cena much. Seeing as to how it happened. It didn't make Cena like the noble face of the company.

Juvenile Junkie
08-02-2011, 01:06 AM
ofcourse it was rigged,most of John Cena's fans are kids,last night was a school night!

sincara
08-02-2011, 03:14 AM
cena is more popular than punk face it

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-02-2011, 04:21 AM

This whole thread has turned into a "technicality" thread. I agree with the person that said this. Cena did infact win a REPLACEMENT of the WWE Championship. The REAL WWE Championship is around the waist of CM Punk. And like a few other said, the way they did it Storyline wise... it made Cena seem even MORE like a Corpotate Nutsac. Point being, it's wrong to make Cena the "Champion". He didn't beat Punk. Point blank. Yes, Punk's contract expired but the thing is, he still left with the Championship and has 30 days to defend it.

monctonvike
08-02-2011, 07:00 AM
I don't think it was rigged, rather just a bunch of women voted.

...so you think more women watch wrestling than men? I think its more like kids would take the trouble to vote. Plus punk is the new kid on the block as far as top dog, I am not sure he appeals to kids. Not that I care if he appeals to kids or not but I feel the vote reflects that

steveorton
08-02-2011, 07:15 AM
At Summerslam we find out who the real WWE champion is, I'm jus sayin...

Tay Moran
08-02-2011, 04:43 PM
cena is more popular than punk face it

Agreed^^^^^^

Rockstar83
08-02-2011, 06:16 PM
its wwe it's all rigid shit lol

Markedoutforlife
08-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Cena draw like in kindergarten class: all day long.

Not to say that punk doesnt, but cena has more people who come just to see the aditude adjustment.

Do you rea ly think cm punk has bigger drawing power? Thats fucking crazy!

WWTNA Mark
08-04-2011, 08:47 AM
Irrelevant. The title he lost was in Punk's possession.

How is it irrelevant though? Triple H made the Rey/Cena match for the OFFICIAL WWE title match. If anything, its Triple H's fault that nobody can detect a WWE Champ at this moment.

That's like someone booking Kelly Kelly vs Beth Phoenix for the Divas Championship on Raw, Trish Stratus returning to Raw and saying she never lost the Womens Championship and she is rightfully the Divas Champ since she beat Lita for it at Unforgiving and never lost it since.

Some may say Punk is the WWE Champ but others may say Cena is the Champ but that's pretty much the point of this storyline.

WWTNA Mark
08-04-2011, 08:52 AM
Cena draw like in kindergarten class: all day long.

Not to say that punk doesnt, but cena has more people who come just to see the aditude adjustment.

Do you rea ly think cm punk has bigger drawing power? Thats fucking crazy!

Agreed. I'm a fan of Punk's but he doesn't have draw power that Cena does or like Bret Hart had. Although he turned the WWE upside down, hes just not that big in the mainstream world.

WWTNA Mark
08-04-2011, 09:00 AM

Didn't he thank Punk on having a one hell of a match at MITB?

WWTNA Mark
08-04-2011, 09:06 AM
ofcourse it was rigged,most of John Cena's fans are kids,last night was a school night!

Yeah and most WWE fans are the younger viewers. Your point?

Bodom
08-04-2011, 09:12 AM
How is it irrelevant though? Triple H made the Rey/Cena match for the OFFICIAL WWE title match. If anything, its Triple H's fault that nobody can detect a WWE Champ at this moment.

That's like someone booking Kelly Kelly vs Beth Phoenix for the Divas Championship on Raw, Trish Stratus returning to Raw and saying she never lost the Womens Championship and she is rightfully the Divas Champ since she beat Lita for it at Unforgiving and never lost it since.

Some may say Punk is the WWE Champ but others may say Cena is the Champ but that's pretty much the point of this storyline.

Nice try with the Trish comparison but it doesn't work here. Trish relinquished the title when she retired. She even said walking in that she'd vacate it.

WWTNA Mark
08-04-2011, 09:16 AM
Nice try with the Trish comparison but it doesn't work here. Trish relinquished the title when she retired. She even said walking in that she'd vacate it.

Its still the same either way though. Punk did say he was going to walk out with the WWE title. He never said he was coming back with it if he beat John Cena at MITB. WWE had no choice but to crown a new WWE Champ. Punk is the WWE Champion but its questionable to whether hes the official WWE Champion.

IrkenInvader
08-04-2011, 09:27 AM
Didn't he thank Punk on having a one hell of a match at MITB?

Of course he would thank Punk for making him seem like a good wrestler.

IrkenInvader
08-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Its still the same either way though. Punk did say he was going to walk out with the WWE title. He never said he was coming back with it if he beat John Cena at MITB. WWE had no choice but to crown a new WWE Champ. Punk is the WWE Champion but its questionable to whether hes the official WWE Champion.

Anyone can wear a belt. But John won a sanctioned match for the seemingly vacated WWE Championship. Just like when Trish took off with the title they vacated the belt, they just didn't say it was vacated.......

IrkenInvader
08-04-2011, 09:29 AM
........vacated......

WWTNA Mark
08-04-2011, 09:33 AM
Anyone can wear a belt. But John won a sanctioned match for the seemingly vacated WWE Championship. Just like when Trish took off with the title they vacated the belt, they just didn't say it was vacated.......

True, which was Triple H's fault as he knew Punk would be coming. If he knew, why make Cena and Rey Mysterio compete for the title if he knew Punk was returning? This storyline is confusion but WWE's best one yet.

RomanFlare
08-04-2011, 09:38 AM

And yet Punk is the only one I can recall who wore it proudly around his waist lately.

ihearvoices
08-04-2011, 10:07 AM
And yet Punk is the only one I can recall who wore it proudly around his waist lately.

I have to correct you Cena wears the title around his waist sometimes so did the miz.At the end of the day cm punk has no doubt turn alot of heads but lets be forreal he is not in Cena league and i dont see that ever happening. IMO all Cm punk has done is Resit everything wrestling fans have been saying for years and that is the main reason i dont go ape shit for him cause everything he says has already been said the only difference is he is the first to say it on TV. He like the guy at work that gets pissed off at his boss off and tells him off by saying everything that everyone else has been saying for years about him on break when the boss isnt around. So in my eyes until punk start cutting promo saying something i haven't heard before i wont be impressed