PDA

View Full Version : Pre-SummerSlam 2011 Discussion Thread

68wPayne
08-01-2011, 08:46 PM
Or has SummerSlam had almost no buildup this year. I didn't even realize it was 2 weeks away. The only thing going for it so far is CM Punk and John Cena but even it's not official at this point. For one of the biggest PPVs of the year it just feels like it hasn't been properly built up

RagingBallsFTW
08-01-2011, 08:49 PM
Yup, sucks too since I'm going for a third straight year.

WWTNA Mark
08-01-2011, 08:53 PM
Agreed man. WWE needs to start building matches.

Tay Moran
08-01-2011, 08:55 PM
They've had comercials advertising it during Raw and Smackdown, i think Orton vs Christian is the only match set so far

SESAfro
08-01-2011, 08:56 PM
Well what do you expect. There's only 4 weeks between each pay-per-view. It isn't the easiest thing to develop an intriguing and somewhat rational dues in such a short time.

VanHooliganX
08-01-2011, 08:57 PM
Well Beths and Kellys has started, I can inb4 Punk vs. Cena at SS and Christian Vs. Orton has a little build up but yeah barely anything :(

ihearvoices
08-01-2011, 09:22 PM
R-Truth Vs Jomo...The divas match so thats 4 matches so far

RagingBallsFTW
08-01-2011, 09:26 PM
Probably Rey Mysterio vs Miz and Riley vs Ziggler for the U.S championship also.

Daffy Duck's Finest
08-01-2011, 09:30 PM
I'm feeling another return from someone at Summerslam. Let's see!

RagingBallsFTW
08-01-2011, 09:35 PM
I'm feeling another return from someone at Summerslam. Let's see!

Please be Jericho or the Cult of Personality debuting so I can mark out live. :D

Enforcer23
08-02-2011, 02:11 AM
yeah not that much build up but im still ganna watch it cena vs punk 2 gotta watch that

S.E. Zero
08-02-2011, 02:39 AM
Or has SummerSlam had almost no buildup this year. I didn't even realize it was 2 weeks away. The only thing going for it so far is CM Punk and John Cena but even it's not official at this point. For one of the biggest PPVs of the year it just feels like it hasn't been properly built up

This has been the WWE's M.O. for the last years bro it shouldnt be that surprising.

The WWE has turned PPV's to shit by leaving everything till the last minute, SummerSlam included :(

Dashing Rachel
08-09-2011, 02:24 AM
I was thinking about the reason of only four matches on the card-could Cee-Lo Green's mini-concert take up about thirty minutes? Not to mention, Cena vs. Punk and Orton vs. Christian be an hour long match each (counting the video packages, entrances, and the matches)?

luisalexander70
08-09-2011, 02:52 AM
i think smackdown will have 2 more matches daniel bryan vs wade barret and cody vs the guy with the ic tittle

Rokudo
08-09-2011, 03:04 AM
cody vs the guy with the ic tittle

I literally lol'd :D

S.E. Zero
08-09-2011, 03:08 AM
I was thinking about the reason of only four matches on the card-could Cee-Lo Green's mini-concert take up about thirty minutes? Not to mention, Cena vs. Punk and Orton vs. Christian be an hour long match each (counting the video packages, entrances, and the matches)?

Cee Lo Green is only singing the theme of the PPV, why the hell would play for 30 mins?

An hour? 30-40 mins sounds ideal and even thats pushing it by WWE's standards.

I'm sure they'll confirm at least one more on the SD tapings later on, if not then remember that the WWE has become infamous for having impromptu matches that weren't announced for the PPV itself, so there's always that.

Dashing Rachel
08-09-2011, 03:19 AM
Cee Lo Green is only singing the theme of the PPV, why the hell would play for 30 mins?

An hour? 30-40 mins sounds ideal and even thats pushing it by WWE's standards.

I'm sure they'll confirm at least one more on the SD tapings later on, if not then remember that the WWE has become infamous for having impromptu matches that weren't announced for the PPV itself, so there's always that.

Well, last month's Money in the Bank PPV had no unannounced match.

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-09-2011, 03:22 AM
I think the next SD! show will fill-in the blanks. You also have to think about Alberto Del Rio cashing in at SS so that would be 5 matches right there.

S.E. Zero
08-09-2011, 03:25 AM
Well, last month's Money in the Bank PPV had no unannounced match.

Thats 1 out of the soon to be 8 PPV's thus far that didnt.

The numbers dont lie, its very likely to happen at Summerslam; I didnt say it would just that its most likely to have in my mind at least 2 unannounced matches the way things are going.

Gameover
08-09-2011, 04:08 AM
I think Ziggler vs Riley, Cody vs Zeke, Barret vs Bryan and maybe Truth vs Morrison/ Miz vs Mysterio will be announced.

tad locust
08-09-2011, 04:39 AM
I think about four more matches will be announced.There just getting a late start coming up with feuds and matches

Enforcer23
08-09-2011, 05:02 AM
SS will be fine there will be 5 to 6 matches on the night

HeelTurn
08-09-2011, 05:13 AM
Im fairly confident we will see the IC and US title matches, plus Rey vs Miz since it didnt really happen on Raw. Surprised they did the JoMo vs Truth match already.

Reloval
08-09-2011, 08:50 AM
There gonna give the Diva's match 45 minutes, remember guys, stand up for the Divas!!!!!

SESAfro
08-09-2011, 08:58 AM
There gonna give the Diva's match 45 minutes, remember guys, stand up for the Divas!!!!!
Yessss!

This situation could be solved with 1 or 2 less PPV's so build-up can occur. It's not likely, but it can stop us fans from wondering what's with the lack of content on the card.

Reloval
08-09-2011, 09:16 AM
Yessss!

This situation could be solved with 1 or 2 less PPV's so build-up can occur. It's not likely, but it can stop us fans from wondering what's with the lack of content on the card.

To many PPV's really is part of the issue. Ever since they put an end to the brand specific PPV's they had had issues keeping up with the build to them.

lykkekage
08-09-2011, 09:33 AM
Im pretty sure that some of the following matches will be added

* Rey vs Miz

* Ziggler vs Riley

* Truth vs Morrison

* Cody Rhodes vs Ahmed John ... I mean Jackson

* Daniel Bryan vs Wade Barrett

Thats 5 matches for ya right there, 1 of them will probably be left out, Im thinking Morrison vs Truth will be left out

Dr. Death
08-09-2011, 09:42 AM
I think Ziggler vs Riley, Cody vs Zeke, Barret vs Bryan and maybe Truth vs Morrison/ Miz vs Mysterio will be announced.

I agree. This sounds pretty realistic to me seeing what has been happening these last few weeks.

NaterD4
08-09-2011, 10:30 AM
Matches also tend to be announced on WWE.com as well. Didn't they announce Sheamus vs. Mark Henry on WWE.com after Smackdown went off the air?

Y2J___Y2J
08-09-2011, 11:17 AM
I would think they'll announce Barrett vs D. Bryan and Cody vs E. Jackson but I think they'll announce another match from Raw on Smackdown tonight. Maybe Del Rio vs Kofi or R-Truth vs JoMo

helmsley
08-09-2011, 11:35 AM
i think they will add a match for the ic championship and truth vs morrison with some stipulation

AndyWonder
08-09-2011, 06:04 PM
I'm surprised they never announced on TV Miz vs. Mysterio or Morrison vs. Truth for that card. They sure are acting like those matches are gonna b there.

Dashing Rachel
08-09-2011, 06:09 PM
Well in regards to having only four matches, maybe this might explain the SummerSlam card:
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/Update_on_the_WWE_SummerSlam_Card_Goldberg_Respond s_to_Recent_Buzz_More.html

RagingBallsFTW
08-09-2011, 11:18 PM
sucks that I won't know what I paid for until me and my friends head to Staples on Sunday.

AreYaSerious
08-10-2011, 03:48 AM
Here is my prediction CM Punk defeating John Cena, and Alberto Del Rio cashing in his MITB briefcase, and getting the WWE Championship to get revenge on Punk for beating him on Raw. If he doesn't cash in his money in the bank. I predict Punk being Champ, causing Punk to rub it in HHH face. Starting a rivalry. (Hopefully cause a title redesign for the new era)

Orton defeating Christian, RKOing him on the announce table twice to win regaining his World Heavy Weight Championship

Sheamus defeating Mark Henry, to gain momentum for Sheamus's heel to face switch.

Beth defeats Kelly, well dominates her.

Please share your predictions.

welch421
08-10-2011, 02:57 PM
CM Punk to win
Christian to Win, I Think someone will interfere and help him
Sheumus to win
And Knowing WWE they will probily make Beth Pheonix wait to win the title

Bodom
08-10-2011, 06:07 PM
To fill time, they will be airing the 1992 Bret vs British Bulldog match it its entirety.

K2Jelly
08-10-2011, 06:10 PM
I hope this means the prediction contest gets easier.

zrdt12
08-10-2011, 06:13 PM
I heard last minute plans for Cena/Punk was a 2 hour ironman match.

But really...

I'm under the impression there's going to be at least 7 or 8, seems like a lot of stuff to add still.

Synned
08-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Sheumus will win after Kane/Big Show show up at the top of the stage distracting Mark Henry.
Orton To win: Punt,RKO 1,2...Orton relases the pin,drags Christian ot the announce table,2 Rkos to brake the table,pin 1.2.3
Beth will Destory Kelly Kelly after a run in form Nat
And punk to win,alberto del rio trys to cash in AGAIN,and fail.
D-Bry Over Wade

Dashing Rachel
08-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Here's a link as to why I think the Cena-Punk match will go an hour long...
http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/WWE_Studios_Exec_Departs_the_Company_News_on_Punk-Cena_at_SummerSlam.html

Ruthless_Aggression
08-10-2011, 10:26 PM
I'm sure many people are buying SS for the Cena/Punk match alone, but would everyone be very keen on paying 45 dollars or whatever for just 4 matches? If they just added and two of the Barrett vs Bryan, Cody Rhoodes vs Big Zeke, Dolph vs A-ri, or Jomo vs R-Truth feuds and the card would be more complete.

Dashing Rachel
08-11-2011, 12:02 AM
DARK MATCH
Kofi Kingston, John Morrison, Sin Cara, Alex Riley, & Evan Bourne def. Cody Rhodes, Ted DiBiase, R-Truth, Dolph Ziggler, & Jack Swagger

Sheamus def. Mark Henry following a distraction from Kane & Big Show

Beth Phoenix def. Kelly Kelly following a distraction from Natalya

Randy Orton def. Christian

John Cena def. CM Punk

HCollins-TNA1
08-11-2011, 01:01 PM
I literally lol'd :D

or the way around.... just saying hoping not to spoil anything.....

thejman93
08-11-2011, 01:03 PM
To fill time, they will be airing the 1992 Bret vs British Bulldog match it its entirety.

I'd mark out like a little bitch!

Seriously though, Giving Cena-Punk a good hour plus isn't a bad thing in my book.

HCollins-TNA1
08-11-2011, 01:08 PM
The WWE writers and Creative team is terrible at doing this having only 4 or 5 matches advertised then Sunday night they add filler matches....
I would think a Ic title match or US title match will be added last minute???
maybe some kind of special Grudge match???
maybe Tag team titles if they isn't defended in the dark match???
CeeLo Green is probably promised at least 15 minutes usually singers don't get that much airtime...

The New Guy
08-11-2011, 01:31 PM
This is becoming one of the main issues with WWE ppv. They tend to only advertise 1, 2 or 3 matches and let the rest of the card come as a surprise for the fans.
They haven't realised that adding more matches prior to the event makes us wanting to see it more.
And I don't know why they didn't do it. They have a lot of storylines involving a lot of wrestlers. They could've easily pu the Cody/Zeke match in SS instead of airing it on SD for free. That also goes for the Morrison/Truth feud. If you're mad at Morrison, make him lose at SS, that way everybody wins (You punish the guy, and get more buys of girls wanting to see JoMo)

:)

Sully
08-11-2011, 08:25 PM
Christian vs Randy, can go either way, but I feel Randy will win back the title and that will hopefully be somewhat of an end to the Christian and Orton feud.

I won't even do the Divas match, but if I had to pick one I'd go with Beth. Just to powder her heel turn.

Sheamus and Mark Henry can also go either way, Sheamus made need it for his face turn, but Henry is also on a role right now. I'll say Henry, but they can always go with Sheamus ending Henry's role too.

Punk and Cena. I might add, all of these matches can go either way. I'm going to say Cena though, I just feel he'll be the one, plus I think they're going to give Cena a good reign going all the way to around Wrestlemania.

AirBourne
08-12-2011, 01:54 PM
The advertised Dark Main Event for the September 19 RAW in Cleveland, OH will be John Cena va. CM Punk: a champion vs. champion match.

- That is long after Summerslam, so what does that tell us about what happens at Summerslam on Sunday? Is it just a really hyped match that will prove no result? What do you guys think?

And also, I just want to say hello, I'm new to Ewrestlingnews when it comes to being a member, I follow this site every day and have for a while, but I just wanted to say hello.

HeelTurn
08-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Hello and welcome...

I dont think it means too much, Summerslam is pretty much all about this one match, so a screwy finish would be a bad move. These shows are subject to change, and the matches advertised dont mean they will happen that way.

thejman93
08-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Welcome to the site man. As far as this thread, I wouldn't put too much stock into a locally advertised dark match but I could see WWE stretching this "We have two champions" thing past SummerSlam.

IrkenInvader
08-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Well every time I go to a show the dark main event is always a championship match but nothing ever happens with those matches. The only time I've ever heard of a title change because of a dark match was when London and Kendrick botched the tag titles away from Cade and Murdoch.

AirBourne
08-12-2011, 02:01 PM
But regardless, why advertise this in the first place? Do you think the creative team has maybe the result being a NC or a double countount or interference? A lot of scenarios could lead to neither Cena nor Punk leaving the Undisputed WWE Champion, you have to think that is a serious possibilty for the match on Sunday, thus extending this storyline?

thejman93
08-12-2011, 02:04 PM
But regardless, why advertise this in the first place? Do you think the creative team has maybe the result being a NC or a double countount or interference? A lot of scenarios could lead to neither Cena nor Punk leaving the Undisputed WWE Champion, you have to think that is a serious possibilty for the match on Sunday, thus extending this storyline?

I'm with you on this. There's a good 35% chance we still have two champions when SummerSlam goes off the air IMO.

AirBourne
08-12-2011, 02:09 PM
But the thing is, with HHH being the ref, do you think he would let that happen? Not have this problem solved Sunday?

S.E. Zero
08-12-2011, 02:15 PM
Welcome and I wouldnt worry about that advertisement till we see what happens on Sunday

Bodom
08-12-2011, 02:20 PM
Dark matches are always advertised months/weeks in advance.

I wouldn't read too much into it.

AirBourne
08-12-2011, 03:08 PM
I'm not so worried as I am curious to see what happens.

tshizzy34
08-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Punk, Orton, Phoenix, Sheamus win.

Ruthless_Aggression
08-12-2011, 07:46 PM
Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett has been added to the Summerslam card. The match will be announced during tonight's Smackdown broadcast, bringing the number of matches confirmed for the event up to five.

Taken from PWInsider.

Good that they are including the SD! MITB winner, they need to hurry up and build him to a credible main eventer to the casual fans asap!

Rich Cranium
08-12-2011, 07:56 PM
Daniel Bryan vs. Wade Barrett has been added to the Summerslam card. The match will be announced during tonight's Smackdown broadcast, bringing the number of matches confirmed for the event up to five.

Taken from PWInsider.

Good that they are including the SD! MITB winner, they need to hurry up and build him to a credible main eventer to the casual fans asap!

That's a spoiler but a good one! :)

thedominator92
08-12-2011, 07:58 PM
Quality over Quantity.

Ruthless_Aggression
08-12-2011, 08:00 PM
That's a spoiler but a good one! :)

Doh! sorry.

Bodom
08-12-2011, 08:20 PM
Doh! sorry.

Not really a spoiler anymore considering it's on wwe.com

Rich Cranium
08-12-2011, 09:37 PM
They should get Living Colour to perform Cult of Personality live at SummerSlam!

eyehatecena
08-12-2011, 10:02 PM
Punk over Cena. I see HHH trying to screw Punk over so that Cena will win, but I think Punk will have a friend come out to stop it(Colt Cabana maybe?)- and Punk wins. Cena will then get in HHHs face, setting up a match between then at the next PPV that Cena will win of course. I think they will hold off on Del Rio cashing it in at the PPV. I do hope to see a Punk/Del Rio feud, more so than more Punk/Cena.
Orton over Christain- I really want it the other way around- but this is WWE, they are gonna put the title back on Cena..I mean Orton.
Sheamus over Henry- I see the feud continuing quite a while longer. I hope its a clean win, no runins.
Beth over Kelly- Kelly is even less belieable as a champ than a Bella- If WWE has Beth losing, then they really do not give a shit about the divas division(ok they really do not now)
Bryan Danielson over Barrett

eyehatecena
08-12-2011, 10:22 PM
This has been the WWE's M.O. for the last years bro it shouldnt be that surprising.

The WWE has turned PPV's to shit by leaving everything till the last minute, SummerSlam included :(

Thats why I stopped wasting my money on PPVs. I buy the DVD if I really want to see the matches.

One thing that is known at pretty much all PPVs, Cena will have a match with the same person for at least 3 or 4 PPVs in a row- he will win most of them, and his match will always be the headlining match.
Orton will have a match with the same person for at least 3 PPVs in a row- and will not be in the headling match.
Everything else is just pretty much rushed.

By0nd_Perfect
08-13-2011, 07:36 AM
CM Punk (Undisputed Champ!!)
Beth Phoenix (NEW Divas champ)
Bryan
Sheamus
Christian (Double DQ with Sheamus beating on Christian and Henry beating on Orton, setting up Fatal 4-way at NoC)

Sully
08-13-2011, 07:54 AM
I hope they throw in a least one more match, because right now there's only 5 matches, And that's including the 2 minute Divas match. Although the less matches there are, the longer the matches that are there are.

Maybe we'll see something with The Miz though, I can guarantee a promo, but we could him interfere in a match, or even get a match. Maybe they'll do the thing that they did with Edge and Chris Jericho at The Bash. Anything can happen, I just hope he doesn't mess us up the big match with Punk and Cena.

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-13-2011, 09:09 AM
So far, CM Punk vs. John Cena is the only match making Summerslam 2011 worth watching. Granted, the other 4 matches will be decent to good or maybe even great depending on the time, but the most unpredictable match is the main event and that is why I have high hopes for it. Unfortunately, the main event is also the one I am worried about the most. Here are my reasons.

Alright, so you know the match is going to be good to great. That is a given and it feels good we don't have to worry about that for the main event. Even the involvement of Triple H shouldn't hurt the quality of the match too much; in fact, it should do wonders for the psychology. You know damn well HHH being involved means SOMEONE is getting screwed. Why even put him in the match if he is just going to call it straight down the middle? That would be repeating what happened at Survivor Series 2010. So you'll be left thinking throughout the match, what the fuck is he going to do?

The one thing that will make or break this match is the outcome. One of the WORST things they can do is have Cena beat Punk outright and clean. No help from Triple H or anybody. Just a clean victory. If that happens, it instantly kills everything Punk has done and it is right back to the same old shit with WWE PG-TV. The second thing they can do, which is far worse than the first one, is have Triple H turn on Cena and form a faction with Punk, and then start up a storyline with Cena playing the 'rebel' of the WWE. That would piss me off because they're basically taking what got Punk over and putting it on Cena so he can continue to be the crowd favorite. There is no way he can make a believable rebel at this point. Enough is enough! WWE should let go of their obsession with John Cena and let someone else carry the ball for once.

Then we got the other two options in which I am in favor of. Option three is Punk winning cleanly and option four is Triple H screwing Punk out of the title and making John Cena a corporate champion. Either one is fine with me and a suitable ending for what looks like a good to great match. Punk winning cleanly could very easily launch a new era with CM Punk as the focus. I believe he calls it 'The Reality Era" right? On the other hand, HHH screwing Punk to start up their rivalry and making Cena a corporate champion could make for some entertaining TV too. Perhaps a combination of both. HHH tries to screw Punk, but he somehow comes out on top and adds more heat to the HHH vs. Punk flame with the title involved.

So many different scenerios on how this main event can turn out and I like it. It adds to the excitement of the match. Hopefully, WWE does the right thing and has Punk come out the victor, or at least looking STRONG in a sense. What are your thoughts?

Robareid
08-13-2011, 09:22 AM
I think Cena wins with HHH screwing Punk. Have Cena as a heel with backing of HHH... Corporate champion as you put it, wow, sounds a bit like a certain wrestle mania opponent.

I feel it can really go either way, as long as we don't have super cent having a clean win there are several good possibilities going forward

Y2J___Y2J
08-13-2011, 09:38 AM
I can see the main-event getting very boring if it goes on too long. Cena has a much small move-set than Punk and Punk cannot carry Cena for too long. It will probably a match where they're both on the mat layed out for a while every couple of minutes

Mtt08 xXx
08-13-2011, 09:56 AM
I can see the main-event getting very boring if it goes on too long. Cena has a much small move-set than Punk and Punk cannot carry Cena for too long. It will probably a match where they're both on the mat layed out for a while every couple of minutes

I disagree. the match the two had at MITB was amazing and it lasted awhile. granted, we don't want to see the exact same thing, but after that match I feel like Cena can hold his own when we wants to

johnnydropkicks
08-13-2011, 09:57 AM
triple h is going to screw punk. what else would happen. then punk feuds with triple h.

ihearvoices
08-13-2011, 09:59 AM
I see this match ending in 3 ways #1 Punk winning by HHH costing Cena the match by mistake which will keep the Triangle Storyline going between Cena,punk and HHH. #2 Cena winning the match then ADR cashes the MITB briefcase and winning the title. I really dont see Cena turning heel or letting HHH help him win the match. Also i really dont see HHH and punk coming out of nowhere and working together i think that would kind of kill all that punk has build so far cause his gimmick is kind of the rebel so it wouldn't make sense for him to work with HHH so early in the storyline.

ihearvoices
08-13-2011, 10:02 AM
BTW i think it will be a shorter match cause the main focus will be the ending of the match and end result, Only because to have a long match again will just be boring IMO and WWE usually don't have the same type of match 2 PPV's in a row with the same guys. So i see this match being a little different with a shorter time.

Robareid
08-13-2011, 11:08 AM
Well if this match is a short one WTH is going to happen in the rest of the three hours? There are only four other matches

AOF666
08-13-2011, 11:18 AM
I have a feeling HHH is going to screw Cena for they can keep him a face. Or he is going to screw both Punk and Cena.

Ruthless_Aggression
08-13-2011, 11:22 AM
Isn't just about everyone here's hope is CM Punk winning and fear is Cena winning?

Synned
08-13-2011, 11:29 AM
Hope:Punk Wins Cleanly
Fear:HHH Screws Punk and awards Cena with the win.
Small chance of hope:HHH screws Cena
Son Of a Bitch moment:Del Rio Cashs in on Punk
YES! Moment: Del Rio Cashs on Cena and WINS!
Yes Yes Yes. NO NO NO! Moment: Del Rio Cashs In On Cena,And Cena Scurrys off before the match could happen.

But No matter the out come,i have a feeling this match will be talked about for years to come.

ihearvoices
08-13-2011, 11:30 AM
Isn't just about everyone here's hope is CM Punk winning and fear is Cena winning?

I really Dont care how it ends as long as it ends good and also it leads to something interesting for punk,cena and HHH hopefully The miz can find some way into this situation too

jcagosto
08-13-2011, 12:57 PM
With the quantities of merchandise that Cena sells I don't see him turning heel anytime soon. His getting booed, right, but he still makes the company money as a face. Why I see happening is that Triple H might screw both of them one way or another, making Triple H the heel boss against Cena and CM Punk. Something along the lines of Stone Cold and The Rock vs The Corporate Ministry. This way Cena doesn't get booed anymore (hopefully) and Punk will be still a top baby face (tweener?).

jelle1809
08-13-2011, 01:57 PM
- CM Punk for the win as the Undisputed WWE Champion. (Let HHH screw cena out of the title, so that he can go preparing for The Rock at Survivor Series.)
- Christian for the win (Long reign as the World Heavyweight Champion.)
- Kelly Kelly retains. But she loses it at the next PPV.
- Sheamus with a big win.
- D-Bry for hte win. He's gonna pummel Barrett.

jelle1809
08-13-2011, 02:11 PM
Hey people

I think (and I believe this strongly) that after summerslam we are headed into the 'new era'. Now what changes and differentsess do you all 'want' or 'hope' to see.

Discussion opened....

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-13-2011, 02:17 PM
Well I would like to see more edgier stuff. I am not asking them to become Degrassi, but it would be pretty cool if they actually went there with some over-the-top stuff every once in a while. I still remember how great it was when they first did the Nexus stuff, and then banged Bret Hart around with that limo. That stuff made me want to tune into the next Raw. I expect that after SummerSlam we will indeed have a brand new era. I expect that when Wrestlemania comes... Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) will win the World Heavyweight Championship at Wrestlemania like another well-known submissionist once did.

The_Awesome_One
08-13-2011, 02:47 PM
I would say a ruthless aggresstion era,

High intensity matches (no need for constant bloodbathes though)

new WWE belt

better storylines or just not as predictable, but please not so much attempted murder

force Cena to wear cryptonite in his matches

bring back crusierwieght title, just look at how popular the X-division is in TNA some would say better than the actual mainevent stuff

HCollins-TNA1
08-13-2011, 02:54 PM

Offically 5 matches.... still think 3 or 4 more will be added????
maybe tag team titles??
IC or US title match??

HeelTurn
08-13-2011, 02:56 PM
I think they may add one or 2 more matches, theyre are a lot of guys missing off the card, Miz, Rey, JoMo, Truth, Del Rio and the IC and US champs.

AOF666
08-13-2011, 03:15 PM
Make the mid card wrestlers important. Work on multiple stories instead of focusing just on main event.

HCollins-TNA1
08-13-2011, 03:18 PM
Hey people

I think (and I believe this strongly) that after summerslam we are headed into the 'new era'. Now what changes and differentsess do you all 'want' or 'hope' to see.

Discussion opened....

Doubt it.... I'll believe when I see it..... WWE is going stay or keep going in the direction they going.... Maybe after Wrestlemania 28 change might come????

Wrestling_Deluxe_08
08-13-2011, 03:34 PM
With the quantities of merchandise that Cena sells I don't see him turning heel anytime soon. His getting booed, right, but he still makes the company money as a face. Why I see happening is that Triple H might screw both of them one way or another, making Triple H the heel boss against Cena and CM Punk. Something along the lines of Stone Cold and The Rock vs The Corporate Ministry. This way Cena doesn't get booed anymore (hopefully) and Punk will be still a top baby face (tweener?).
I never said he should turn heel. I just said he should be a corporate champion, which pretty much means he gets the same reaction he does now. Lol. Perhaps, even more boos than cheers.

Rich Cranium
08-13-2011, 03:36 PM
Well I would like to see more edgier stuff. I am not asking them to become Degrassi.

Please define Degrassi. Thanks.

RomanFlare
08-13-2011, 03:40 PM
Hey people

Discussion opened....

Depends. I see the "Not-So-New-Era" Del Rio (character-wise) winning the title off Punk after Punk beats Mysterio Monday Night. If the larger-than-life Character does win the title, I don't know if the E can keep the "New Era" momentum going.

HCollins-TNA1
08-13-2011, 03:42 PM
Please define Degrassi. Thanks.

I remember the orignial show... LOL... hadn't ever watched the new version....

Rich Cranium
08-13-2011, 03:47 PM
I remember the orignial show... LOL... hadn't ever watched the new version....

It's a show then, that explains it.

cancron
08-13-2011, 03:58 PM
I disagree. the match the two had at MITB was amazing and it lasted awhile. granted, we don't want to see the exact same thing, but after that match I feel like Cena can hold his own when we wants to

The reason it was a 5 star match at MITB was because punk carried Cena the whole match, rewatch the match the only uncommon move Cena did was the drop kick. Besides that the whole match was just Cena taking numerous moves from Punk.

tshizzy34
08-13-2011, 04:00 PM
I personally think that it would have been better if they had not yet announced that HHH was gonna be the guest referee. I think it would have more of a shock if they had just waited until just before the match to introduce a special guest referee and have HHH come down and then get everyone thinking about what's gonna happen, other than people already forming opinions about it.

But for my prediction, I hope either Punk wins cleanly or by an accidental hit by HHH to Cena to keep the 3way story going, or by Cena turning heel, any other scenario would be a waste of the storyline and a pure garbage result imo.

Rich Cranium
08-13-2011, 04:03 PM
I actually think Punk will win fairly.

HCollins-TNA1
08-13-2011, 04:09 PM
It's a show then, that explains it.

Started as Degrassi Jr High... another Degrassi High.. Then Degrassi the Next Generation is the current one..

Rich Cranium
08-13-2011, 04:10 PM
Started as Degrassi Jr High... another Degrassi High.. Then Degrassi the Next Generation is the current one..

I never checked any Degrassi shows out, any good?

HCollins-TNA1
08-13-2011, 04:16 PM
they use to be good.... watched it way back when.... like I said never really caught the new version....

tshizzy34
08-13-2011, 04:17 PM
If this happens I would hope that they improve their Divas & Tag Team Divisions like 1000 fold. Bring back the cruiserweight belt, start pushing more deserving people rather than just Cena all the time.

Reveal the GM as Mick Foley.

tshizzy34
08-13-2011, 04:18 PM
Stop shoving down our throats the stupid retarded ass WWE facts from every fricken Raw or SD telecast. We all fricken know that they have more facebook fans than blah blah blah, and are shown in more countries than ESPN, and blah blah blah who fucken cares enough already ok we do not care!

RagingBallsFTW
08-13-2011, 04:28 PM
I never checked any Degrassi shows out, any good?

I remember this show coming on after a That 70's show rerun and I couldn't stand two minutes of it tbh.

Anyways I see either Punk winning cleanly and while rubbing it in HHH's face he pedigrees him or HHH tries to screw Punk but instead makes Cena lose, which will lead to a match next month at NoC.

xAzureSkye
08-13-2011, 05:15 PM
Biggest party of the Summer my ass

Ruthless_Aggression
08-13-2011, 05:44 PM
I have to ask since its on the Prediction Contest Card, where does it say that Rey Mysterio vs Miz is gonna happen on SS?

Synned
08-13-2011, 05:58 PM
I actually think Punk will win fairly.

i think thats what the majory fans want to think will happen. but the WWE might fudge it up and make cena the champ again.

cancron
08-13-2011, 06:22 PM
I think the idea of Cena winning with HHH interfering and then Cena becoming the Corporate champ in a fantastic idea. think about the months after when Punk is the people's warrior fighting for the little guy and trying to bring Cena and the establishment down. it would make Cena the heel without actually making him go bad. it would just keep all us anti-establishment guys happy.

gravesismizfan
08-14-2011, 03:05 AM
Cm punk goes for kick cena ducks kos hhh cena goes for aa reversed gts connects hhh still ko suddenly if u smell what rock is cooking rockin ref outfit pin 1 2 3 ding punk is celebrateing cena pissed hhh pissed hhh rock argue he pedgriees him punk hhh argue cena gets in middle rises punk hand throws him into hhh pedgriee cena does stf punk goes unconscious then adr music comes on he cashes in adr celebrateing cena aa him hhh says he's making wwe title match saying he's boss nobody better than him 123 cena wins they celebrate then lights out taker chokeslams cena does throatcut to hhh and show ends leaving cena hhh heel taker feud with hhh continue cm punk saying he was scrwed by cena leading feud rock cena feud still plus adr sets up 3 way match for wwe title

North Vegas Benny
08-14-2011, 03:11 AM
I think it will end like this:
CM Punk will beat Cena, then after the match HHH will pedigree both of them Steve Austin style. And the show will end with HHH holding both titles standing over Cena and Punk.

gravesismizfan
08-14-2011, 03:19 AM
It doesn't matter what u think LOL jk

pupi28
08-14-2011, 03:22 AM
Hi guys this is my first thread, i have just been wondering about chris masters and him buying a ticket to summer slam, is it a work or is it him trying to hype himself up.

Your thoughts please ??

North Vegas Benny
08-14-2011, 03:27 AM
Hi guys this is my first thread, i have just been wondering about chris masters and him buying a ticket to summer slam, is it a work or is it him trying to hype himself up.

Your thoughts please ??

First off welcome to the forum:cool:
I don't know if it is a work, but I think it's funny that the WWE escorted Melina off the property when she showed up to Raw with JoMo, but they didn't do anything to Masters who was at the SS axxess taking pictures and signing autographs. They must really hate Melina in the WWE.

RomanFlare
08-14-2011, 03:28 AM
I can only hope that he interferes in the WWE Title Match, puts Cena in the Masterlock, and HHH calls for the bell. It would make my day.

pupi28
08-14-2011, 03:31 AM
yeah it smells funny to me, i thought he was going to get a push then all of a shudden hes fired, this does not add up to mee.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys much appreciated.

RomanFlare
08-14-2011, 03:32 AM
yeah it smells funny to me, i thought he was going to get a push then all of a shudden hes fired, this does not add up to mee.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys much appreciated.

They "plan" on pushing a lot of guys, but most don't pan out. I always did like Masters though, even more so in the slimmed down version. He was the only one I was sad to see go.

shanethewolf
08-14-2011, 03:33 AM
Here's how I think it should end...

CM Punk pins Cena clean.

shanethewolf
08-14-2011, 04:25 AM
It sounds like WWE are trying to play with some realistic angles more, which in my opinion is a great move. Unfortunately, they just don't have the creative minds to pull it off effectively.

pupi28
08-14-2011, 04:29 AM
I hope this is a work and maybe bring him in to fued with ryder for the internet championship,

wired aardvark
08-14-2011, 04:32 AM
Cm punk goes for kick cena ducks kos hhh cena goes for aa reversed gts connects hhh still ko suddenly if u smell what rock is cooking rockin ref outfit pin 1 2 3 ding punk is celebrateing cena pissed hhh pissed hhh rock argue he pedgriees him punk hhh argue cena gets in middle rises punk hand throws him into hhh pedgriee cena does stf punk goes unconscious then adr music comes on he cashes in adr celebrateing cena aa him hhh says he's making wwe title match saying he's boss nobody better than him 123 cena wins they celebrate then lights out taker chokeslams cena does throatcut to hhh and show ends leaving cena hhh heel taker feud with hhh continue cm punk saying he was scrwed by cena leading feud rock cena feud still plus adr sets up 3 way match for wwe title

and people say the education system is failing....

machoo mann
08-14-2011, 04:34 AM
I hope this is a work and maybe bring him in to fued with ryder for the internet championship,

I think he is legitimately fired so yeah..it's a long shot

The Brown One
08-14-2011, 04:35 AM
I doubt theres a "plan" here. Seriously, I think that Master's time and opportunity has come and passed. The big push they were going to give him obviously didn't happen for a reason, so theres no point hoping for one now.

The Brown One
08-14-2011, 04:37 AM
Welcome gravesismizfan :)
No offense, but I couldn't read a thing you tried to get across. In future, please use punctuation :D

LMPunker
08-14-2011, 05:01 AM
i think his firing was legit but wwe dont seem to mind him playing it up and besides he is a fan he is alloud to buy ticket where as melina was trying to get in because shes dating a current star who are wwe to turn away a paying customer if i was in masters situation i would do the same if this puts his value or his pay up on the indy scene because of this more power to him

jordan1995
08-14-2011, 05:06 AM
masters is the only person i was sad to see get released but why would it be a work ... he got released with the other jobbers and it would take the attention off the punk vs cena story line...so it probably is legit

blink
08-14-2011, 05:24 AM
and people say the education system is failing....

Lmao! My thoughts exactly!! You know how I think it should win? Dq. I know I know, but a title can't change hands on a dq leaving us with two champs for a bit longer. I like this.... It's different. I mean we're used to people feuding over the belt bit to have a feud with two guys actually being the champ(s), that's different. Plus they can have a no holds barred match down the line and it doesn't really matter who wins then because ADR will cash in. Boom! We have a brand new champ cena/ punk can start to cool off so punk/hhh can start and cena/rock can pick up more steam. Then with the main 2 stars of raw in feuds, del rio can feud with someone else to help push into the main event scene. My personal pick would be a face turn swagger. The kid has too much potential to not be utilized.

blink
08-14-2011, 05:30 AM
Last i heard, Vince was really high on masters again. And he's the only competitor punk praised in his speech... Plus masters got a lil bit if a pop too. Who knows. This could be a work and maybe it'll put masters over... Especially if sided with punk. And then again Maybe it's not a work but for once, with everything hes doing now, and what the wwe has been doing here lately, Chris masters is finally getting paid attention to and has us all wondering about his story line and career... Which sadly is long over due. The mans great in the ring, good on the mic and has a great look to him. I personally hope it's a work.

ed is dead
08-14-2011, 05:50 AM
triple h will probably screw cm punk out of the title, that's the best way this storyline can expand. punk loses title, triple h turns heel, cm punk starts feud with triple h, reminiscent of the austin-mcmahon feud. cena in the meanwhile does what he always does, then turns heel before wrestlemania because no way in hell will he get cheered against a returning rock.

ELNIOJR
08-14-2011, 05:58 AM
Welcome to the Forum.
I really dont know what to think about this. I kind like Chris Tough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BBFLTCdq8BY

Tommy Thunder
08-14-2011, 06:37 AM
While I wouldn't get my hopes up about it being a work, I would mark out if it was!!
Masters is one of those big guys in the current WWE that could actually put on a decent match, and the man deserves a push.

Y2Jryder
08-14-2011, 06:46 AM
How can you not like Masters?
fack you wwe for firing masters and not releasing JTG

LMPunker
08-14-2011, 06:47 AM
i think punk will bait triple h triple h will hit cena by accident with a chair or sledgehammer and punk will pin cena and triple h will reluctantly count cenas shoulders down and triple h will explain he has to obey by the rules as the COO and punk will keep baiting triple h until triple h snaps and they have an unsanctioned match at survivor series and the set up is triple h pedigrees punk and del rio wins the title and feuds with cena and triple h costs punk a number one contenders match the following week and then we get to survivor series

ELNIOJR
08-14-2011, 06:54 AM

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-t4sgvpFLeD8/TZ0T93p0-vI/AAAAAAAACn8/HwZ1Xd5nhp8/s1600/AlbertEinstein.png

Y2Jryder
08-14-2011, 07:21 AM
I can understand by what he means and English isn't my first language....

awesome idea but not going to happen

gokhanx99
08-14-2011, 07:53 AM
i had no idear this website was also a school. write how you want not like its a cv or anything like that its just a blog

Dr. Death
08-14-2011, 08:06 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Masters interfers in the Christian/Orton match, along with maybe a surprise appearance by Tyson Tomko

alexrules01
08-14-2011, 08:07 AM
he shouldnt have got rid of his entrance! Thats what let him down. Was a great gimmick.

pupi28
08-14-2011, 08:34 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if Chris Masters interfers in the Christian/Orton match, along with maybe a surprise appearance by Tyson Tomko

Would love to see this

AOF666
08-14-2011, 08:36 AM
First off welcome to the forum:cool:
I don't know if it is a work, but I think it's funny that the WWE escorted Melina off the property when she showed up to Raw with JoMo, but they didn't do anything to Masters who was at the SS axxess taking pictures and signing autographs. They must really hate Melina in the WWE.

The difference is Melina has a history of not getting along with the rest of the talent. She even got locked out of the dressing room.

SuperFlyingRhino
08-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Christian beats randy Ortan but christian will power out of an RKO and he will win by a spear, but then Randy Ortan will get Angry and get a chair or do a couple of RKOs on him.
Cena will have CM Punk in the STFU but then John cena gets hit by Triple H and then Triple H does the Predigree on him and then CM Punk will win with a GTS then the Anaconda Vise to add insult to injury because CM Punk has more fans than him so Cena Will turn in the next couple of weeks to allow someone like Alex Riley, CM Punk or Alberto Del Rio to take his place.
Sheamus wins but Mark does the World Strongest Slam on Sheamus and is about to cover him but then the big show and Kane come out and both instantly gets World Strongest Slammed by Mark Henry Which will make them the WWE universe think they are rubbish so they will retire in the upcoming weeks so Ezekiel Jackson will take the big guy place with mark henry.
Then Sheamus does the Brogue Kick to settle the victory.
Wade Barret Beats Daniel Bryan and he will show is power to the WWE universe with this win after powering out of the Lebell lock and finnishing him with the wasteland, but nothing as special as the other matches.

I don't watch Divas.

Polly-Pablo
08-14-2011, 09:07 AM
i had no idear this website was also a school. write how you want not like its a cv or anything like that its just a blog

I think what TBO was trying to say, in a polite way I might add, is that when all of the sentences are jumbled together and no punctuation exists, the paragraph becomes hard to understand.
No-one is saying that everyone's English should be perfect, we understand that not everyone is on the same level when it comes to English and that is completely fine. However, posts that are hard to comprehend become lost in translation as most users will pass them over rather than spend ages trying to decipher them.

If this was a school, there would be far more people jumping on others to improve spelling and punctuation - that isn't so on EWN - before lashing out please read between the lines of what others are saying.

But for the purposes of all that know me on here and know my love of the beautiful English language, I have taken the time to show you what a grammar Nazi would have done to your post;

I had no idea that this forum was also a school. Write however you wish, it's not like it's a CV or anything of the like. It's just a thread post.

Y2J___Y2J
08-14-2011, 09:11 AM
I think it could be the real deal.
And in regards to WWE escorting Melina away but not Masters..
Well Master (apparently) has a ticket so they can't.
It'd be like discrimination or something??! LOL

thedominator92
08-14-2011, 10:02 AM

sorry my google chrome doesn't traslate ghetto...

wired aardvark
08-14-2011, 10:03 AM
I think what TBO was trying to say, in a polite way I might add, is that when all of the sentences are jumbled together and no punctuation exists, the paragraph becomes hard to understand.
No-one is saying that everyone's English should be perfect, we understand that not everyone is on the same level when it comes to English and that is completely fine. However, posts that are hard to comprehend become lost in translation as most users will pass them over rather than spend ages trying to decipher them.

If this was a school, there would be far more people jumping on others to improve spelling and punctuation - that isn't so on EWN - before lashing out please read between the lines of what others are saying.

But for the purposes of all that know me on here and know my love of the beautiful English language, I have taken the time to show you what a grammar Nazi would have done to your post;

I had no idea that this forum was also a school. Write however you wish, it's not like it's a CV or anything of the like. It's just a thread post.

2 gold stars

The_Awesome_One
08-14-2011, 10:07 AM
I hope its part of a storyline but I doubt it,

the only way I could think of it fitting in is if he has something to do with Punk, as part of the 'Voiceless' but that would be to much of a jump IMO

thedominator92
08-14-2011, 10:10 AM
I was watching smackdown the other day and an ad came on for Raw coming to Cleveland in a couple of weeks. The main event is Cena vs. Cm punk in a champion vs champion match. Thoughts?

jordan1995
08-14-2011, 10:12 AM
video proof ?

HeelTurn
08-14-2011, 10:15 AM
That will be non televised, its just a dark match, so dont read too much into it, things change. Theyve had advertised matches not happen before because the champ has changed or switched brands etc.

jcagosto
08-14-2011, 10:18 AM
I will only say that is a damn shame that they fired Chris Masters and they kept David Otunga. He is probably there because he is the husband of Jennifer Hudson, I don't see any other reason. The guy sucks, has not a spec of charisma or wrestling ability and is just not a credible wrestler. Chris Masters in the other hand is a credible wrestler who can put good matches, has a hell lot more of charisma, and the guy has been busting his ass in every match since he was re-hired. Another case of WWE dropping the ball hard on a wrestler that really can deliver.

Tommy Thunder
08-14-2011, 10:30 AM
I honestly think we're reading way too much into this. I think it's just a simple case of Masters buying a ticket and that he's just going to be there as a fan.
WWE creative aren't near clever enough to even think about doing any of the awesome suggested things.
But, let's live in hope for tonight...

AOF666
08-14-2011, 10:31 AM
It is possible to just to keep the feud going.

shanethewolf
08-14-2011, 10:33 AM
As I've said many times before, they're gonna milk this feud until we can't stand it any more. That's what WWE always does. They find a good thing and they just keep repeating it.

I guarantee you will see Cena vs Punk again, which of course defeats the whole point of buying PPVs.

Tommy Thunder
08-14-2011, 10:35 AM
I'm not going to take notice of this. WWE always change the lineups of shows after ppv outcomes.

VanHooliganX
08-14-2011, 10:43 AM
Obviously they could add matches like Bourne vs. Swagger at Capital Punishment but does anyone else believe they're wasting a few people by not letting them have a match.
People like Miz, R-Truth, Cody Rhodes, Bourne, Swagger, Kingston, Zack Ryder, Ziggler, Big Zeke, Gabriel, the tag champs, every other diva, etc.
The list goes on.

I'm all for longer matches but what a waste if you're only using 20%-ish of the roster.

Bodom
08-14-2011, 10:55 AM
Chris Masters has obviously learnt from CM Punk.

You want attention, crash events. Although someone should probably tell him that Punk's ComicCon appearance was a work, but meh.

guitarhero
08-14-2011, 10:58 AM
i am attending raw next time its in town and bringing a we want masters sign.

luisalexander70
08-14-2011, 11:07 AM
the miz vs mysterio got cancelled because of the injury

KingOrton
08-14-2011, 11:08 AM
10 matches 10mins long or 5 matches 20mins long? Hmmm... I choose the ladder.

Bodom
08-14-2011, 11:09 AM

Every match will be a 60 minute Iron Man match.

jordan1995
08-14-2011, 11:13 AM
just book a inter promotional battle royale lol

Bodom
08-14-2011, 11:15 AM
the miz vs mysterio got cancelled because of the injury

There never was such a match booked for Summerslam.

shanethewolf
08-14-2011, 11:17 AM
For me it's not so much about who has been left off the card, it's more the fact that the US, Intercontinental and Tag Titles are being ignored yet again! When I used to watch wrestling back in the 80s and 90s the Intercontinental title match was the highlight of most PPVs. It meant something and wrestlers would put everything they had into winning it or retaining it. Nowadays it's just a cheap prop that means so little it's not even defended on PPVs.

HeelTurn
08-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Just book a 6 man tag match to get more people on the card, other than the 2 world title matches I cant see the matches lasting that long, especially the divas one. Say the main events are 20 minutes each and the other 3 last 10, theres only 1 hour 10 minutes of wrestling.

Automatic
08-14-2011, 11:20 AM
They will probably throw in the IC title match. And drag out that C-Lo Green concert. That added with extra length of each match must pretty much fill the 3 hours.

johnnydropkicks
08-14-2011, 11:21 AM
I think it also has to do with the fact that the firings were so late and such as a result they're trying to save a little money on ppv bonus.

Y2J___Y2J
08-14-2011, 11:59 AM
I would think Cody vs Ezekiel might be added to the card and maybe the tag title might get defended or even Rey vs Miz if Rey is well enough to compete

TroyD
08-14-2011, 12:09 PM
That first post gave me a headache!

AOF666
08-14-2011, 12:16 PM
Good thing I didn't order Summer Slam. I would be disappointed with 4 maybe 5 matches. Can't believe WWE is giving C-Lo Green a mini concert. What a waste of PPV. If I wanted to see a concert, I would go to one.

VanHooliganX
08-14-2011, 12:20 PM

Same but the list of wasted talent not wrestling shouldn't be this high. There should be a triple threat or tag team match to use more than 2 wrestlers at least..

Rilla
08-14-2011, 12:34 PM
Didn't they say they were going to drag out some of the matches, if not all?

I do agree, some other people should have a spot on the card.

xAzureSkye
08-14-2011, 12:54 PM
Divas Summerslam bikini contest! and I'm not trying to be a perv or anything, and maybe when someone wins Natalya could interrupt and attack the winner

Rilla
08-14-2011, 12:56 PM
Divas Summerslam bikini contest! and I'm not trying to be a perv or anything, and maybe when someone wins Natalya could interrupt and attack the winner

Half way through, natty and Beth come out and attack, setting up a handicap match(Maybe elimination), wherein Beth and Natty.. take them all out.

The_Awesome_One
08-14-2011, 01:09 PM
I would book

a cross-brand overtop rope battle royal to decide No1 contender for that brands world title at next PPV
or
A tag Team title match
or
A-Ry VS Dolph Ziggler (US Title)

Rokudo
08-14-2011, 01:17 PM
Every match will be a 60 minute Iron Man match.

Well, I do want to see an Iron Woman match ;)

zrdt12
08-14-2011, 01:32 PM

There should be 3 additional matches to the card and none of the matches need to take longer than 5 minutes. They've built up for it and nothing has come of it. Kofi/ADR, Riley/Ziggler, and something involving the miz or r truth and def cody rhodes. Oh well, history has built summerslam as a main event only event which is usually more exciting. Since it's their 2nd biggest event of the year they should just make it a 4 hour and book wrestlers that need booking. We all know Beth is going to squash Kelly (or I hope) and take maybe 30sec-2mins.

These days being the IC/US champ is saying.... HAHAHAHA that means you won't be on the PPV and make less money.

zrdt12
08-14-2011, 01:38 PM

How many pins do you think Beth would get in 1 hour against K2?

the wrestling shade
08-14-2011, 02:04 PM
Ok first of all, take some writing courses.
Second: In my openion if they want to make a contrevesial ending for Cena vs Punk match it should be like this, Punk finishes Cena, Punks goes for the cover. and MY GOD!!! Triple H isnt counting. CM punk gets angry and enters in a physical contact with Triple H. Triple H pedigree's him out of no where, Punk is down. Triple H Drags Cena for the cover and Cena wins the match. Triple H goes heel, onther chapter has opened in this storyline to be continued on RAW. That ofcaurse if they actualy want to make a contrevesial ending.
As far your references for the Rock and Undertaker?!?!
Well the Rock is Currently Busy with G.I. Joe shit and he wont be coming back anytime soon, and undertaker return has allready been set for Vengeance where he will continue his Fued from the point where he got buried by the Nexus last year. It will probibly be eather vs kane or vs wade barrett.

Bodom
08-14-2011, 02:08 PM
Ok first of all, take some writing courses.
Second: In my openion if they want to make a contrevesial ending for Cena vs Punk match it should be like this, Punk finishes Cena, Punks goes for the cover. and MY GOD!!! Triple H isnt counting. CM punk gets angry and enters in a physical contact with Triple H. Triple H pedigree's him out of no where, Punk is down. Triple H Drags Cena for the cover and Cena wins the match. Triple H goes heel, onther chapter has opened in this storyline to be continued on RAW. That ofcaurse if they actualy want to make a contrevesial ending.
As far your references for the Rock and Undertaker?!?!
Well the Rock is Currently Busy with G.I. Joe shit and he wont be coming back anytime soon, and undertaker return has allready been set for Vengeance where he will continue his Fued from the point where he got buried by the Nexus last year. It will probibly be eather vs kane or vs wade barrett.

Third: Don't be a douche.

Also. Don't mock other people's writing skills when yours are just as bad.

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
08-14-2011, 02:10 PM
With only 5 officials matches on the card tonight and a mini concert there is a lot of time to kill. I doubt that we will see five 30-45 minute matches so I have a feeling something else might happen. This begs the question, what could happen?

My guess is that Foley might return or The Rock even though previous reports say otherwise. Maybe a Rock promo before the big match? Jericho? Bautista?

It's not like WWE to give so much time. What do you think?

Manabu
08-14-2011, 02:15 PM
there will probably be some in ring segments, maybe something from the miz or zack ryder
maybe a bikini contest too, and I can imagine there'll be a united states match

Mtt08 xXx
08-14-2011, 02:18 PM
im thinking there will be a big name returning. summerslam is one of the big 4 PPVs of the year, and WWE has dropped the ball on booking it. hopefully a return can salvage it, because youre right, there is a TON of time to kill with only 5 matches

HeelTurn
08-14-2011, 02:20 PM
Miz cuts a promo for not being at the show, leading to an impromptu tag match. Although I like the idea of a big return.

Kiss My Ass Club Member
08-14-2011, 02:25 PM
Whats he gunna do? interrupt the Punk - Cena match by jumping in the ring and pose his breasts?

Mtt08 xXx
08-14-2011, 02:29 PM
i think everyone is taking this punk angle and applying it to this circumstance now.

masters isnt a big enough name to interfere at summerslam. honestly it wouldnt make much of a difference even if he did. theres a million other guys id rather see than masters in my opinion

Mtt08 xXx
08-14-2011, 02:35 PM
the best case scenario in my opinion would be punk losing, ONLY if HHH causes it. then we have the Boss v. Punk feud.

if Cena flat out wins, it kills everything.
if HHH screws Cena, then its the Boss v. Cena, and Cena would be the "underdog" and thats boring.

id also like to see HHH aligning with Cena (as heels) against Punk, but thats a long shot.
or Punk winning straight up (which wont happen), so the Punk v. Cena feud can continue.

the wrestling shade
08-14-2011, 02:40 PM
Third: Don't be a douche.

Also. Don't mock other people's writing skills when yours are just as bad.
A poor choice of words conveyed to some the impression that I embrace the discarded policies of the past. Nothing could be further from the truth, and I apologize to anyone who was offended by my statement.

Y2J___Y2J
08-14-2011, 02:46 PM
I can see the tag titles and the IC title getting defended also tbh,
Still with a fairly short diva's match maybe 7-8 minutes leaving for about 45 minutes for the main-event

KingOrton
08-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Foley is still under contact in TNA

capn-edu
08-14-2011, 02:49 PM
not even a morrison vs Truth
Or Riley vs Ziggler
OR a battle damn royale
this is bad :/
either the Punk and Cena match will be long
cause i doubt Bryan vs Wade, Orton vs Christian, and Sheamus vs Henry will last 30 mins or longer :/
divas match restroom break sorry beth :/

Steve Austin
08-14-2011, 02:51 PM
Hopefully something good happens, a bikini contest would be nice ;) I can't remember the last summerslam I actually enjoyed, maybe 2003.

AOF666
08-14-2011, 02:53 PM
Miz and Truth challenges Punk and Cena for their titles. Then the main event is Punk vs Truth. I'm just kidding myself, this the WWE, they never throw in something out of left field.

charmingone28
08-14-2011, 04:07 PM
No he's not he's done over finito with them

Automatic
08-14-2011, 04:10 PM
Don't forget the concert which probably will last 30 minutes.

xAzureSkye
08-14-2011, 04:19 PM
Didn't Fatal 4 Way only have 5 announced matches? then they had 8 at the PPV?

Grind_Bastard
08-14-2011, 04:26 PM
How many pins do you think Beth would get in 1 hour against K2?

No less than 60, one every minute!

Rilla
08-14-2011, 04:28 PM

Natty/Beth/Kong/AJ

Mix and match. xD

Bodom
08-14-2011, 04:53 PM
I can't wait for the inevitable Cee Lo Green and Hornswoggle segment.

HeelTurn
08-14-2011, 04:55 PM
I can see Christian retaining due to interference from his new bodyguard Mason Ryan, Skip Sheffield, Brodus Clay or the Announcers Table.

Bodom
08-14-2011, 04:57 PM
I can see Christian retaining due to interference from his new bodyguard Mason Ryan, Skip Sheffield, Brodus Clay or the Announcers Table.

This is the real mystery going into Summerslam: Will Randy Orton get his revenge on the announce table?

HeelTurn
08-14-2011, 04:58 PM
This is the real mystery going into Summerslam: Will Randy Orton get his revenge on the announce table?

Im still amazed he put the table over in every match they had, if only he did the same for Punk.

Bodom
08-14-2011, 04:59 PM
Im still amazed he put the table over in every match they had, if only he did the same for Punk.

He already cussed it out backstage and then went to Vince to bury it behind the table's back. He may call the table a dirty whore in his next radio interview.

HeelTurn
08-14-2011, 05:00 PM
He already cussed it out backstage and then went to Vince to bury it behind the table's back. He may call the table a dirty whore in his next radio interview.

Yeah apparently he complained about it on twitter, then the next day said his account was hacked.

Bodom
08-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Yeah apparently he complained about it on twitter, then the next day said his account was hacked.

I heard Kofi Kingston and the table travel together, which is making Orton even angrier.

Steve Austin
08-14-2011, 05:04 PM
This Orton vs Table talk is comedy gold haha.

Rilla
08-14-2011, 05:05 PM
I heard Kofi Kingston and the table travel together, which is making Orton even angrier.

Wasn't the table the one who told Kofi to mess with Orton's car?

HeelTurn
08-14-2011, 05:05 PM

He supposedly crapped in the table's luggage bag once, before calling it stupid stupid stupid for not selling the rko.

Rehmix
08-14-2011, 05:22 PM
He supposedly crapped in the table's luggage bag once, before calling it stupid stupid stupid for not selling the rko.

I heard it was the Table who took Orton's luggage, and that it wasn't lost by the airport.

IPOOPINTHEBATH
08-14-2011, 06:10 PM
i think people should post this stupid rambling shit as a blog because we get enough of this is how i would end blah blah blah ppv almost every single day of ever and it can get pretty annoying especially with no capitalization or punctuation and usually piss poor grammar not to mention the ideas themselves are usually totally crap like this one why have rock and taker back at the same time at the end of a match that would just be stupid and lame and stupid and im kind of just typing for the sake of typing right now to make this a big block of flowing bullshit of a post just like half of the other posts on this board its no wonder ive been just kicking it in the tea spot and avoiding this place jesus titty fucking christ

Eve's Arse No.1
08-14-2011, 06:21 PM
I think Stone COld will come out as will Rock and they wil fight then along comes Eddie Guerrero back from the dead and becomes WWE Champion

Then out come Lou Thesz and pins Christian 1-2-3

New champions

:):):):)

Please yeah keep it realistic or blog it

123mlewis
08-14-2011, 09:26 PM
i am attending raw next time its in town and bringing a we want masters sign.
wwe are gay and will remove it dude

eyehatecena
08-14-2011, 09:40 PM
I wonder if Kelly Kelly dated the table too. Maybe Orton got pissed because Kelly gave Table a chance but never gave Orton a chance.