PDA

View Full Version : STATE OF THE 'E: Let Me Entertain You (A Story Of E-Fedding)

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-31-2011, 11:33 PM
AS USUAL, I'M POSTING THIS HERE FOR EARLY REVIEW! THIS IS IN THE PROCESS OF BECOMING A BLOG!

I'm going to do something different this week. I'm not going to talk about what CM Punk is doing or what Haitch has in store for Monday. I'm not going to talk about how CM Punk came back too soon. No, that's a story for another blog at another time. Today I'm going to talk about something different. Something new. Something that many may not want to admit to liking or maybe might have wanted to try but have been afraid.

There's a secret world out there. It's a world where you pick and choose storylines, make your own characters. You can even make your characters co-exist with real Superstars from THE 'E or TNA, ROH, whatever the case may be. This is the world of the e-fed.

E-fed's are simply fantasy shows that you and a lot of your friends put on week in and week out. You get to live your life through creating characters and exploring storylines that maybe the companies wouldn't dare tread. In a world where characters can get killed off or brought back at a whim. E-Fedding is quite the serious business. I myself have recently joined an e-fed, JBW, because I finally wanted to see what it was all about. I have love this brand of Sports Entertainment for an extremely long time and finally wanted to use my love in a different kind of way.

I know I'd never be able to get into a ring and do the things I see my all-time favorites doing but the simple fact is, through this... I can. People may see e-fedding as a joke or as something only nerds do but in reality it's just the same as a Fantasy Draft of any major sport. It's the same as wanting to see Michael Jordan VS. LeBron James in the newest NBA game. Same principals apply. You can create your own characters to interact with Superstars from THE 'E in all of their video games but you can't make the story how YOU want it.

The world of e-fedding or even a Fantasy Federation is a very magical place. In these worlds CM Punk and ___________ can go one on one in the most insane match you could ever think of. Hulk Hogan would finally face "Stone Cold" Steve Austin like so many have dreamed. I know this isn't like my standard blog but there's something about this that's completely entertaining to me. Creating an entrance theme, an entrance video, what they're wearing, how they act, what their moves are, etc, etc. It's fascinating honestly.

For anyone who has wanted to be a Professional Wrestler but couldn't cut it, or for those that may have not been big enough, "buff" enough or anything like that, this is for you. If you have the writing capabilities you would love doing somthing like this. Andtrust me, just because you do something like this doesn't make you a "nerd" per say. Just makes you passionate. I would like for people to go out there and look up some e-fed's. We have a few great ones on this site alone: JBW, EWNCW, AWF, BWA, and HWA... Not to mention there's people who do their OWN versions of WWE, TNA, ROH programming. They're "Fantasy Bookers".

Trust me, get into this world. It may be a tightly knit society but, it's always willing to accept new members. If you're tired of seeing what THE 'E produces every week, show off how you think you can do better. Show what you want the world to see. If you think you have what it takes, stop complaining about what you see and change it for yourself. This site and many others out there cater to things like this. I promise you, you'll have some fun.

As usual, leave some comments, questions, beratings, whatever you feel like. Like I said, I know this isn't my usual type of blog but I felt it was something that needed to be talked about. It's a refreshing concept that's been around a for a couple years and it's growing every day. And it's something fun and different. Think outside the box and let yourself be free every once in a while. See you all again real soon.

BackDaFoosleUp
08-01-2011, 01:00 AM
ZzZzZzZzZzZz

THEKEVINBRAND
08-01-2011, 01:09 AM
ZzZzZzZzZzZz

before you criticize again, i'll let you know that more than half of the users here are e-fedders so if i were you i'd quit while im ahead

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-01-2011, 01:11 AM
before you criticize again, i'll let you know that more than half of the users here are e-fedders so if i were you i'd quit while im ahead

This guy likes to give me shit on literally EVERY blog I make. All he does is leave retarded ass comments. Thanks though Kev. I appreciate it. :)

zapphoman
08-01-2011, 01:14 AM

Hey, he's knocking it before he tries it. He has to try it before he can realize why alot of us on here enjoy it so much. But I do agree with you, that he shouldn't criticize what he doesn't know about.

K2Jelly
08-01-2011, 01:25 AM
I loved efedding. It improved my writing skills so much that my father is pushing me into becoming an author. Oh and nice blog as always, Robbie. Keep it up.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-01-2011, 01:30 AM
I loved efedding. It improved my writing skills so much that my father is pushing me into becoming an author. Oh and nice blog as always, Robbie. Keep it up.

Thanks. And, Robbie? LOL! You sound like one of my friends outside of this board haha. Thanks.

masakaritko
08-01-2011, 01:50 AM
I haven't tried out an e fed but i've been thinking about it for a while. I might join one soon

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-01-2011, 01:51 AM
I haven't tried out an e fed but i've been thinking about it for a while. I might join one soon

It's definitely fun man. I'd say join JBW but, I'm biased lol. Any of the feds would be great. Read 'em and give one a try. No harm in that. :)

RagnarokNRoll
08-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Great blog.( as usual) I have always been intrigued by the e-fed concept, but never knew how to find out more info about it. You're blog has definitely inspired me to check it out further.

The Brown One
08-01-2011, 02:25 AM
Great blog.( as usual) I have always been intrigued by the e-fed concept, but never knew how to find out more info about it. You're blog has definitely inspired me to check it out further.

Here's JBW's (the biggest e-fed on this site) main thread http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/community/showthread.php?4649-JBW-Justifiably-Badass-Wrestling&highlight=ewncw

I was involved in it for quite a while before I had other commitments, and I definitely found it to be the most fun thing on a wrestling site :)

pauadrian
08-01-2011, 02:42 AM
EWNC accepted me and now im waiting the date of my debut

RagnarokNRoll
08-01-2011, 03:16 AM
Thanks Brown One. Will definitely check it out.

sincara
08-01-2011, 03:31 AM
e fedding is great
jbw is awesome

K2Jelly
08-01-2011, 05:03 AM
Thanks. And, Robbie? LOL! You sound like one of my friends outside of this board haha. Thanks.

I was just tryin' to be friendly. :)

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-01-2011, 05:24 AM
I was just tryin' to be friendly. :)

And it's much appreciated lol.

Dr. Death
08-01-2011, 05:35 AM
I have yet to try one and didn't really know or understand what it was all about, you've explained it pretty well Rob.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-01-2011, 07:02 AM
I have yet to try one and didn't really know or understand what it was all about, you've explained it pretty well Rob.

Thanks man. I tried my best being new at it myself. But, it's definitely something to take a look at. :)

Gameover
08-01-2011, 07:16 AM
I'm playing a game (thewrestlinggame), there are federations too and each week there's a show where people can RP. Very fun to do. :)

clrj3514
08-01-2011, 07:46 AM
Yea, e-fedding is a lot of fun! Since I became paralyzed in October 09 I spend A LOT more time in the house on my laptop. I really enjoy being part of EWNCW.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Yea, e-fedding is a lot of fun! Since I became paralyzed in October 09 I spend A LOT more time in the house on my laptop. I really enjoy being part of EWNCW.

And even though I'm part of the competition, glad to have you aboard brotha. :)

AOF666
08-01-2011, 08:14 AM
2 questions: 1 How much does it costs? 2 What happen if your not good at writing stories?

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-01-2011, 08:44 AM
2 questions: 1 How much does it costs? 2 What happen if your not good at writing stories?

2 answers: 1.) It doesn't cost a thing. Just go to the "eWN Interactive - Be The Booker!" section here and you'll see the threads for JBW, EWNCW, etc, etc. Just message Straight Edge Saviour or WWTNA Mark if you want to join JBW or Matt Elder or TheBeardOfZeus if you want to join EWNCW. 2.) If you're not good at writing stories, they'll help you along the way. You just need to give a backstory, moves, name and all that jazz. They'll hook you up. :)

123mlewis
08-01-2011, 08:52 AM
dude if your gonna do one that long do a blog dmbass

BloodStone612
08-01-2011, 08:53 AM
Another awesome blog, brother. You never disappoint. I don't really post much on here, but I am always reading. I think I might start posting more. This is probably the best wrestling community that I have ever seen. Anyways. about the blog:

I used to E-Fed ALOT from about age 15 - 17ish. Give or take a year or two. I really enjoyed it. I was in a league called SWA: Savage Wrestling Alliance. It was really fun, i eventually became the World Champion there. After that I became commissioner. Eventually, I started my own E-Fed called Blood, Sweat, and Tears Pro Wrestling (BST) and a lot of people from SWA jumped ship. It was pretty cool. I haven't done it in about 5 years. Your blog got me wanting to get back into it. I looked at JBW. While it looks like a nice E-Fed, I am more into E-Feds that have an actual site.

For instance, SWA had its own website, and links off of it like a Roster page, a Champions page, a couple of other pages that I can't really think of. Then we had a board with a couple of threads. One thread for each show and PPV, a thread for our Hardcore Championship that could be defended at any time (in order for you to win you must have the commissioner, owner, or someone who played as a ref come onto the thread and make the three count before the other person could retaliate with his own post), a thread for the Owner's or Commissioner's Office, a backstage thread, and a thread where everyone could bullshit with each other. All the boards were HTML enabled and it was really fun. I got some really cool friends from E-Fedding.

If there was a good E-Fed like that in this day, maybe I would think about joining. I don't know about one that is solely based on a board. I don't know, I guess I just like having an official website and being able to use HTML in my posts. Hell, I don't even know if I can remember how to even use HTML anymore. Haha. I feel like I am beginning to ramble, so I will wrap it up.

All in all, if you have never tried an E-Fed, try it. You're bound to have a ton of fun. Nice blog, man. Keep it up!

BrandonLoopsTV
08-01-2011, 08:53 AM
jbw jbw jbw! haha. Great blog again! I read them all.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-01-2011, 08:57 AM

Jesus Christ, do you even read boy? Don't be an r-tard here man.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-01-2011, 09:00 AM
Another awesome blog, brother. You never disappoint. I don't really post much on here, but I am always reading. I think I might start posting more. This is probably the best wrestling community that I have ever seen. Anyways. about the blog:

I used to E-Fed ALOT from about age 15 - 17ish. Give or take a year or two. I really enjoyed it. I was in a league called SWA: Savage Wrestling Alliance. It was really fun, i eventually became the World Champion there. After that I became commissioner. Eventually, I started my own E-Fed called Blood, Sweat, and Tears Pro Wrestling (BST) and a lot of people from SWA jumped ship. It was pretty cool. I haven't done it in about 5 years. Your blog got me wanting to get back into it. I looked at JBW. While it looks like a nice E-Fed, I am more into E-Feds that have an actual site.

For instance, SWA had its own website, and links off of it like a Roster page, a Champions page, a couple of other pages that I can't really think of. Then we had a board with a couple of threads. One thread for each show and PPV, a thread for our Hardcore Championship that could be defended at any time (in order for you to win you must have the commissioner, owner, or someone who played as a ref come onto the thread and make the three count before the other person could retaliate with his own post), a thread for the Owner's or Commissioner's Office, a backstage thread, and a thread where everyone could bullshit with each other. All the boards were HTML enabled and it was really fun. I got some really cool friends from E-Fedding.

If there was a good E-Fed like that in this day, maybe I would think about joining. I don't know about one that is solely based on a board. I don't know, I guess I just like having an official website and being able to use HTML in my posts. Hell, I don't even know if I can remember how to even use HTML anymore. Haha. I feel like I am beginning to ramble, so I will wrap it up.

All in all, if you have never tried an E-Fed, try it. You're bound to have a ton of fun. Nice blog, man. Keep it up!

AWESOME response! Thanks for the feedback and glad I got the jonsing set up in you again. I'm 27, with a wife and a 6 year old. You're never too old to start this shit lol. But, thanks again! :)

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-01-2011, 09:00 AM
jbw jbw jbw! haha. Great blog again! I read them all.

Awesome! Thanks man. I appreciate the love lol! :)

BloodStone612
08-01-2011, 09:05 AM
AWESOME response! Thanks for the feedback and glad I got the jonsing set up in you again. I'm 27, with a wife and a 6 year old. You're never too old to start this shit lol. But, thanks again! :)

I agree. I am 23 with a wife and one year old daughter. There is nothing really stopping me from lacing up the E-Boots again. Haha. The only thing that would be a strain for me, is that I am in the Army. If we were to go to the field or deploy, I would have to injure my character for a little while until I got back home or got internet service. But, that in itself is part of the fun.

Rated_R(ob)KO
08-01-2011, 09:08 AM
I agree. I am 23 with a wife and one year old daughter. There is nothing really stopping me from lacing up the E-Boots again. Haha. The only thing that would be a strain for me, is that I am in the Army. If we were to go to the field or deploy, I would have to injure my character for a little while until I got back home or got internet service. But, that in itself is part of the fun.

Indeed it is! I work for DOC in my area so basically there's times where I'm not available fully but, I want to be as involved as I can be, ya' know? It's quite an awesome world.

Grind_Bastard
08-01-2011, 10:17 AM

I'll be 27 this year, I have a 5 year relationship with a girl and we can't move together because none of us have a job. Man, I feel like a loser. I probably am.

On topic: back when EWNCW started (I wasn't registered but read the forum) I found the concept both intriguing and funny. Later on, after joining on January, I decided to give it a try. And it's definitely funny. I'm helping the creative team, and it is a constant challenge, you neeed to keep a rivalry interesting during several weeks to keep people hooked. I only write one segment, so the effort of writing 5 or 6 at the same time is great.

What we ask our wrestlers is for promos. We design the storyline and PM our members to write their own promos. I always tell them: write what you want, but add this idea to your promo, so it fits the storyline or the confrontation they have with another user. And it doesn't matter that you're not good at writing: the only way to improve your writing is... writing. This sounds like Captain Obvious, I know, but it isn't less true. Maybe the first time your promo isn't 5 star quality, but when you write more, you gain confidence and skills to make your promos sound better. Don't get me wrong, you won't become Shakespeare, but you can pass from "suck at writing" to "decent writing".

Also, you can daydream and invent a totally imaginary character. For example, the character "Grind_Bastard" is a mentally deranged 6'8" monster, almost unstoppable, while the real life Grind Bastard is an inch shorter than Rey Mysterio, and mentally stable (more or less LOL). Just use your imagination, and have fun. I really recommend people to try an e-fed (obviously I'm biased to EWNCW, but fortunately we have plenty of choices on this site). It's a good way to enjoy yourself wth wrestling.

EDIT: How I have botching my spelling, grrrr. I have the dictionary add-on for Mozilla... but in Spanish, so almost everything appears as wrong XD)

Rehmix
08-01-2011, 10:41 AM
It's funny because ever since you joined JBW, Rob, I have been more intrigued by your blogs. I will now have to keep up with them and support my fellow JBW superstars in the other endeavors. Good blog and a great way to get the word out on the E-Fed community here on EWN. I'm sure all the heads of them appreciate it.

Ruthless_Aggression
08-01-2011, 12:47 PM
I always thought about joining one of those, but always felt a little intimidated by doing so. Never knew where to look to get started and also dreaded how much of a commute it would be.

thejman93
08-01-2011, 01:08 PM
E-feds are the bomb! If anybody is considering joining please do so. I know I'm supposed to say "Join JBW" but if you're new to the e-fed world I would suggest going to HWA, AWF, or BWA. Those places will get you a taste of what e-feds are all about; then, if you like what you see, you can join of of the "big 2" (preferably JBW!)

K-Jammin
08-01-2011, 01:52 PM
I only joined JBW just as something to do during my free time, but Im now pretty much obsessed with developing my character and you strangely get a massive buzz when someone tells you they love your promo etc. E-Feds ARE the shit ladies and gentleman, I suggest you all jump on board! Oh and great blog yet again Rob.

TheDevilsAdvocate
08-01-2011, 01:59 PM

You can't even spell the word "dumbass". LOL!

masakaritko
08-01-2011, 02:24 PM
I just put in a request with character info and what not to join jbw. Just waiting for a response.