PDA

View Full Version : Prestige to the WWE/WHC Championships

Dr. Death
07-31-2011, 10:06 AM
I was wondering if the WWE brought back the top ten contenders for their major titles in like a round robin type of matches to determine spots 1 through 10. If you believe this would bring prestige back to these titles, who would be your top ten picks for the WWE and WHC Championships?

WWE - 1. Alberto Del Rio, 2. John Cena, 3. Dolph Ziggler, 4. Drew McIntyre, 5. Rey Mysterio, 6. Big Show, 7. Jack Swagger, 8. The Miz, 9. R-Truth, 10. Evan Bourne.

WHC - 1. Daniel Bryon, 2. Randy Orton, 3. Sheamus, 4. Mark Henry, 5. Cody Rhodes, 6. Eziekial Jackson, 7. Kane, 8. Ted Dibiase, 9. Wade Barret, 10. Justin Gabriel.

cancron
07-31-2011, 10:54 AM
WHC is fine right now.

But the WWE title is a joke and even if they did a tournament we all know Cena would win it and make the title a joke of trinket with that stupid spinner belt.

Dr. Death
07-31-2011, 11:11 AM
I'm talking about non - scripted round robin tournaments. Like they used to have. I think it could be a great way to bring back some prestige to not only the whc and wwe title, but also to the other belts as well.

nrb6304
07-31-2011, 11:16 AM
the only thing "un-prestigious" about the WWE championship is the way that it looks. It looks horrible. I really wish they'd change it cause it looks like a damn toy. Anybody and everybody that has held either belt has been MORE then deserving. There has yet to be a "David Arquette" for either title belt. There for in my eyes both titles still mean just as much as ever. Sure the title reigns aren't as long Bob Backland, or even Hulk Hogan's. But honestly, if there was a champion for more then 6 months the IWC would just turn on them. "Oh screw him he sucks!" "I'm so bored with him" etc. etc. etc.

Both titles are fine. Just get that new WWE title belt that they have laying around in the back out on TV already

Lamar8902
07-31-2011, 11:30 AM
I was wondering if the WWE brought back the top ten contenders for their major titles in like a round robin type of matches to determine spots 1 through 10. If you believe this would bring prestige back to these titles, who would be your top ten picks for the WWE and WHC Championships?

WWE - 1. Alberto Del Rio, 2. John Cena, 3. Dolph Ziggler, 4. Drew McIntyre, 5. Rey Mysterio, 6. Big Show, 7. Jack Swagger, 8. The Miz, 9. R-Truth, 10. Evan Bourne.

WHC - 1. Daniel Bryon, 2. Randy Orton, 3. Sheamus, 4. Mark Henry, 5. Cody Rhodes, 6. Eziekial Jackson, 7. Kane, 8. Ted Dibiase, 9. Wade Barret, 10. Justin Gabriel.

Like what TNA has the Bound for Glory series

Danny92
07-31-2011, 11:37 AM
the wwe title tournament they had just there felt stupid and rushed even though the person who ended up with the title (supercena) wasn't even in the thing in the first place.

Dr. Death
07-31-2011, 11:51 AM
Like what TNA has the Bound for Glory series

Exactly. I believe it could really spark better ratings and new fueds, matches and storylines that could freshen up things a bit.

helmsley
07-31-2011, 11:58 AM
bad idea, that wouldnt work right now....

Dr. Death
07-31-2011, 12:35 PM
I forgot, what they need right now is the same four or five people doing the same stuff every Monday and Friday with the same storylines. That will really bring ratings. Especially for the title scene.

Tomsta666
07-31-2011, 12:37 PM
I forgot, what they need right now is the same four or five people doing the same stuff every Monday and Friday with the same storylines. That will really bring ratings. Especially for the title scene.

http://www.cipater.net/img/sarcasm01.jpg

helmsley
07-31-2011, 01:06 PM

even that would work better than a crappy idea.....

Kiss My Ass Club Member
07-31-2011, 01:22 PM
In the end, we all know Cena will end up with the gold so he can go defend it against the Rock at mania.

nrb6304
07-31-2011, 03:23 PM
In the end, we all know Cena will end up with the gold so he can go defend it against the Rock at mania.

That's where I think you're wrong. The Rock vs. John Cena doesn't NEED the WWE title to make it any bigger. It's the biggest match since Rock and Hogan. I think in the end of it all Rock screws Cena out of the title right before Wrestlemania. I honestly hope that CM Punk holds the title all the way till Wrestlemania setting up the Triple H/CM Punk match.

The_Awesome_One
07-31-2011, 03:52 PM

to be honest I hope it ISNT for the WWE title since we know that the Rock isnt returning fulltime and they wouldnt put the belt on someone who is there 2 shows every 6 months, therefore the match would be 2 predicable, SUPERCENA would win unless a table (cryptonite) was involved

johnnydropkicks
07-31-2011, 04:07 PM
to be honest I hope it ISNT for the WWE title since we know that the Rock isnt returning fulltime and they wouldnt put the belt on someone who is there 2 shows every 6 months, therefore the match would be 2 predicable, SUPERCENA would win unless a table (cryptonite) was involved

I just pictured Cena doing the AA to the table

i lold

AOF666
07-31-2011, 04:18 PM
It would be a good idea but unfortunetly we all know Orton and Cena would win. Agree the WWE title needs a new look and quick.

The_Awesome_One
07-31-2011, 04:33 PM
I just pictured Cena doing the AA to the table

i lold

Maybe a tag team match:

Orton and Cena VS Announcers Table and Table

Grind_Bastard
07-31-2011, 04:46 PM
Maybe a tag team match:

Orton and Cena VS Announcers Table and Table

And the tables WIN! LOL

DR.X313
07-31-2011, 07:52 PM
thr prob with both belts is simply one thing...thats john cena, now im nt hateing on him. its the idea that one guy can and will defeat any opponite he faces. so theres no suprise to anything thats hes involed in. so everyone else is a distant second,even on smackdown cause everyone there has been beat by cena and vaquished to sd. so what they need to do is let someone else carry that belt and he needs to drop it to someone other than cena. bring a few guys up to that champ level statues. in the late 90s' you didn't know who was gonna win that title when it was stone cold vs the rock triple h or the undertaker and mick foley. therefor it had that prestige about it. it made you want to watch and buy those ppvs. now it would be cool if they did bring back a top ten cause it gives mid-carders something to fight over. so like a ted dibiase and sheamus got something to do

Enforcer23
07-31-2011, 08:28 PM
yeah both a perstiges just think they need to be changed so they both look diffrent

sincara
08-01-2011, 03:41 AM
wwe
1 rey
2 miz
3 adr
4 riley
5 r truth
6 jomo
7 ziggler
8 kofi
9 bourne
10 ryder

not included the 2 wwe champs

sincara
08-01-2011, 03:41 AM
whc title
1 cody
2 jackson
3 sheamus
4 henry
5 barrett
6 sin cara
7 kane
8 jey uso
9 jimmy uso
10 gabriel

not included christian as he champ

hystrix
08-01-2011, 08:51 AM
whc title
1 cody
2 jackson
3 sheamus
4 henry
5 barrett
6 sin cara
7 kane
8 jey uso
9 jimmy uso
10 gabriel

not included christian as he champ

Jimmy and Jey Uso? Really? They arn't even singles wrestlers? And Daniel Bryan isn't worthy to be in your top 10?

The_Awesome_One
08-01-2011, 10:47 AM
Jimmy and Jey Uso? Really? They arn't even singles wrestlers? And Daniel Bryan isn't worthy to be in your top 10?

no Orton either