PDA

View Full Version : Woo Woo Woo! Zack Ryder is finally getting some TV time Broski's!!!

WPack911
07-30-2011, 01:40 AM
First Raw and then on SD Zack Ryder seems like he MAY be getting a a push of some sort. What did you guys think of his appearances and that it seems like he might be on SD a lot more now? Unless what they did on SD was just for one week which would suck. I think he will get some more time though cause he just got a new T-Shirt also and I am pumped, how about you Broski's? :cool:

ihearvoices
07-30-2011, 02:00 AM
First Raw and then on SD Zack Ryder seems like he MAY be getting a a push of some sort. What did you guys think of his appearances and that it seems like he might be on SD a lot more now? Unless what they did on SD was just for one week which would suck. I think he will get some more time though cause he just got a new T-Shirt also and I am pumped, how about you Broski's? :cool:

I see him just being on TV for comedy skits and having a few matches every other week kind of like what they do with santino and what they did with hurricane & eugene

Enforcer23
07-30-2011, 02:02 AM
I see him just being on TV for comedy skits and having a few matches every other week kind of like what they do with santino and what they did with hurricane & eugene

this can go on for a bit but i want him to be a serious wrestler in wwe

ihearvoices
07-30-2011, 02:05 AM
this can go on for a bit but i want him to be a serious wrestler in wwe

Sorry but i would say dont get you hopes high 9/10 when a wrestler in WWE starts off with a Stupid or Cordey style gimmick they never really become anything big outside being a mid card at best or never remembered at all. I can see Ryder being the IC or US champ but it wont be No serious Run with any big serious type push

Dameduse823
07-30-2011, 02:11 AM
I'm a little confused as to why he's acting as Teddy longs assistant but I was glad to see him on tv. If its done right this assistant thing can get him a good push as a heel or a face

WPack911
07-30-2011, 02:21 AM
Sorry but i would say dont get you hopes high 9/10 when a wrestler in WWE starts off with a Stupid or Cordey style gimmick they never really become anything big outside being a mid card at best or never remembered at all. I can see Ryder being the IC or US champ but it wont be No serious Run with any big serious type push

Hey man being on TV (on both Raw and SD this week even) is better then not. Also Zack Ryder's Gimmick is awesome and even if he only becomes as big as like the Hurricane was or something and only wins IC and/or US titles that is better then like 98% of Wrestlers if you count the guys on the indies and such. I look forward to seeing where this Teddy Long Assistant angle thing goes.

Snair
07-30-2011, 02:24 AM
Ryder on Tv = $$$

WPack911
07-30-2011, 02:31 AM
I'm a little confused as to why he's acting as Teddy longs assistant but I was glad to see him on tv. If its done right this assistant thing can get him a good push as a heel or a face

Triple H told him to be Teddy Longs assistant because he did not want to listen to his ideas so he pushed him and his ideas off on Teddy and he even did one behind Teddy's back with the Zeke vs Cody & Ted Handicap match and he found that guy for Mark Henry to fight lol! I look forward to Teddy Long finally getting screwed with a bit since he is always trying to be so in control. This could be a better angle then most think IMO.

TheRockerGother
07-30-2011, 03:07 AM
How many times have I heard Zack getting a push -.-.Sorry man but don't get your hopes up I just see him as another Santino Marella sure he may be getting tv time but until I see him on some sort of winning streak or feud with a title holder I don't expect nothing just like when he came out to say woo woo woo you know it to the UTTCs (tag team champions) what happened?Absolutely nothing.

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-30-2011, 05:24 AM
How many times have I heard Zack getting a push -.-.Sorry man but don't get your hopes up I just see him as another Santino Marella sure he may be getting tv time but until I see him on some sort of winning streak or feud with a title holder I don't expect nothing just like when he came out to say woo woo woo you know it to the UTTCs (tag team champions) what happened?Absolutely nothing.

Bro, he's already a Title holder. And he's on a winning streak. He's just won a match on Monday, that's an official streak, bro.

cymru96123
07-30-2011, 06:00 AM
I like Zach Ryder and I respect what he's done to get more tv time but the thing that I hate is that everyone's saying that he didn't get any tv time before.
Since it started, Zach has been on Superstars more than anyone else, and he's almost always been involved in skits, Smackdown party, Johnny Knoxville, Ashton Kucher etc.
Then there's someone like Curt Hawkins. He is rarely on Superstars and has never appeared on Raw since the draft. The last time he had a competitive match on Smackdown (not jobbing) was July 9th, 2010.
Basically, I don't think it's fair saying that Zach Ryder has been underused.

TheBeardOfZeus
07-30-2011, 06:06 AM
I like Zach Ryder and I respect what he's done to get more tv time but the thing that I hate is that everyone's saying that he didn't get any tv time before.
Since it started, Zach has been on Superstars more than anyone else, and he's almost always been involved in skits, Smackdown party, Johnny Knoxville, Ashton Kucher etc.
Then there's someone like Curt Hawkins. He is rarely on Superstars and has never appeared on Raw since the draft. The last time he had a competitive match on Smackdown (not jobbing) was July 9th, 2010.

But we mean RAW and SD!, I can never watch Superstars, what channel is it on and when in the UK?

And Curt Hawkins is pretty decent, but you gotta try something different.

Markedoutforlife
07-30-2011, 06:18 AM
Im not that impressed with ryder yet. Sure he is an internet darling, but what does that even mean? The internet title??? Wtf is that? I would like to see him more serious. I wanna see him in a real match. I want to see him in a legit feud. Untli these things happen, I just dont know what he is capable of. Has he really stepped out of edges shadow? Im not sure what he brings to the table, thats all.

Y2Jryder
07-30-2011, 06:26 AM

Not everybody lives in the UK so can watch Superstars on tv.
So he isn't on tv in other countries.
Zack was a lowcarder/jobber (lose against Santino)
With his youtube serie he put himself on the map again so he caused his own push actually

Y2Jryder
07-30-2011, 06:26 AM
Make Ryder SD gm so he can give himself a title shot and feud with orton or christian

jonod
07-30-2011, 06:28 AM
I cant stand the guy personally, don't know whether its my British sensibilities but after all this internet hype he's just coming across as a bit of a try hard. quite good to have a new comedy character around though..

Danger
07-30-2011, 07:16 AM
Ryder - "We make a great team" (holds out fist)

Teddy Long - Just stares at Ryder

Ryder - "Are you serious bro!"

Nice to have Ryder on TV, lol.

tnawhat
07-30-2011, 07:20 AM
Ryder - "We make a great team" (holds out fist)

Teddy Long - Just stares at Ryder

Ryder - "Are you serious bro!"

Nice to have Ryder on TV, lol.

loved that segment

Marx
07-30-2011, 07:54 AM
Im not that impressed with ryder yet. Sure he is an internet darling, but what does that even mean? The internet title??? Wtf is that? I would like to see him more serious. I wanna see him in a real match. I want to see him in a legit feud. Untli these things happen, I just dont know what he is capable of. Has he really stepped out of edges shadow? Im not sure what he brings to the table, thats all.

Agree. When I see people mention Ryder and World Title in the same sentence, I cringe. He has done nothing to deserve a shot at the big gold. And though I like his gimmick and internetflicks, the few appearances on WWE-tv weren't that good.

TheDevilsAdvocate
07-30-2011, 08:27 AM
They aren't really taking him seriously. It seems like they just gave him that fancy belt because they were worried about their image, and didn't want one of their employees flaunting around a kid sized Championship. It makes it look as though they do not pay their talents enough. Then when they use him on Television it's always in a silly fashion instead of a serious one. His first ever entrance on Raw in a really long time was used against a comical Triple Cole. I have no idea how that will push Zack Ryder from off of the ground. He needs to go up against somebody with at least SOME credibility to get further noticed as a significant foe inside of the ring. I know for a fact that Zack Ryder has it in him to pull off some "five star attraction" matches. He has all the tools, and he is willing an able to do anything upon being asked. There are not a lot of talents out there that would be willing to do that while being underutilized at the sametime.

I remember the guys time with La Familia. His Tag Teaming with Curt Hawkins put faith back into me that for that short period of time that Tag Team Wrestling meant something again. If they do not push him as a singles competitor then I believe that they should hook him back up with Curt Hawkins, and then push them into the slowly reviving Tag Team division. I believe they would be a great fit. They absolutely nothing for either of the two so why not stick them together? There are so many storylines the two could have. I just wish that the WWE would push them to the moon or at least to upper-midcard. They really need to think about their future in the long. Randy Orton, John Cena, Chris Jericho, Triple H, Undertaker, Christian, and so forth will not be around forever. I know they are pushing R-Truth, Jomo, and a few others. I just want Zack to be apart of that movement, including a few others. Chris Masters would be an honorable mention. Sadly this isn't Subway.

Hopefully I am proven wrong, and we get to see Zack Ryder more often then what we do now. I strangely enjoy hearing his theme song. I actually burned it on to my CD, and I blast that shizz in my car. It sounds really good when you add a lot of bass into the speakers. It is very brightening, indeed. I mean the guy could get pushed.. The crowd pops for him... His shirts always sell out... The kids love the guy, and his catchphrase is already being used on tv shows outside of the WWE. That is really speaking volumes as far as world wide exposure goes. If not then at least we will get to see more Youtube videos from the guy. I am actually inspired by the amount of determination that this guy has, and I hope that he never gives up or burns out. He has so much creativity (despite his gimmick).

Also, just like Zack Ryder, I am steadily hoping that Curt Hawkins or Primo can manage to get their names thrown across the lime light. It just seems like all 3 of them are being punished for no reason. Obviously politics plays a heavy hand in alot of that unfortunately. With CM Punk rumored to have been Vince's ear in an HBK like fashion as of late we might see a lot of guys getting that special push. Zack Ryder is an obvious pick for that push path. If this whole CM Punk thing is true then we might see a lot of other people getting the call, and possibly a Seth Rollins, Kings Of Wrestling, and Colt Cabana debut! Not to go too far off-topic; I really need to buy a Zack Ryder T-shirt before it sells out again! It actually looks pretty cool, and purple just happens to be my favorite color.

kj777
07-30-2011, 09:19 AM
I'm sure this can be said of many wrestlers, but Ryder has extreme potential. He has excellent mic skills, a great build, and sure, he's not incredibly technical, but he can definitely wrestle. He's a hard worker and is definitely trying his hardest to get exposed.

I think the Jersey Shore gimmick is a turn-off for most people, but it's unique, and if slightly altered, could make for a different and interesting thing. I don't see him being world champion material anytime soon, but to say that it isn't possible is definitely not true.

Eve's Arse No.1
07-30-2011, 09:22 AM
I give it 2 months before people start complaining about him.

It always happens we moan and moan for someone to get more TV time and then when they do we moan and moan that they are on TV to much.

TheDevilsAdvocate
07-30-2011, 09:23 AM
I'm sure this can be said of many wrestlers, but Ryder has extreme potential. He has excellent mic skills, a great build, and sure, he's not incredibly technical, but he can definitely wrestle. He's a hard worker and is definitely trying his hardest to get exposed.

I think the Jersey Shore gimmick is a turn-off for most people, but it's unique, and if slightly altered, could make for a different and interesting thing. I don't see him being world champion material anytime soon, but to say that it isn't possible is definitely not true.

He started using the gimmick before Jersey Shore. He even mentions it in one of his webisodes.

Eve's Arse No.1
07-30-2011, 09:26 AM
He started using the gimmick before Jersey Shore. He even mentions it in one of his webisodes.

He started it shortly after the Edgeheads(Major Brothers) broke up right?

tittle97
07-30-2011, 09:58 AM
I don't care if he is used as a "joke" character. I'm just glad he has been getting some decent tv time, it's a step in the right direction as he is entertaining as hell. Good for Zack.

steveorton
07-30-2011, 10:27 AM

I am with the Zackpack but I think ihearvoices is right, I'm jus sayin...

alexrules01
07-30-2011, 11:00 AM

Never, EVERRRRR compare Zack Ryder to Jersey Shore

Russo swerve
07-30-2011, 11:21 AM
Zack ryder is a joke thats y he is used as a joke

WPack911
07-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Ok WTF people, what is with all the hate? First of all his gimmick is hilarious anybody that has seen a few episodes of his show can tell you that. Second this gimmick is not some crap funny guy gimmick that WWE pushed on him, it's his creation (which is always better) and he plays it flawlessly. Third what do you haters have against a fun gimmick? It's not some kiddy gimmick like Cena where he is telling poop jokes every other week, it's a more adult centered humor (See Zack's Dad scenes) what is wrong with that?

Do you all only want guys like Daniel Bryan and Evan Borne that while they are awesome at wrestling are not nearly as great on the mic? I mean those guys are great, but a guy like CM Punk that is awesome at both is what a wrestler should strive to be. Zack Ryder might be better at the mic then wrestling right now, but he is not a bad wrestler by any means. What is wrong with a fun wrestling gimmick? I mean part of the reason DX and NWO was so huge was because they did outrageous things and had fun and that was entertaining.

I enjoy good wrestling in the ring and sometimes that gets a guy over, but I have no problem with a fun gimmick that is truly funny like Ryder's being what gets him over with fans. Look at a guy like The Rock people hated him at first with his horrible WWE created Rocky Maivia gimmick despite him being a solid wrestler, then he becomes The Rock and he is over with the fans, not for in ring skills, but for mic skills.

It's ok for us core fans to like a fun and funny gimmick to you know, we can like the serious guys like Daniel Bryan AND the over the top funny ones like Zack Ryder too. I think WWE is looking more at these pushed themselves guys like CM Punk and Zack Ryder that forced their own way to bigger pushes and I think what they are doing now with him could be just the beginning for Zack Ryder, Woo Woo Woo You know It!

Eve's Arse No.1
07-30-2011, 12:10 PM
Ok WTF people, what is with all the hate? First of all his gimmick is hilarious anybody that has seen a few episodes of his show can tell you that. Second this gimmick is not some crap funny guy gimmick that WWE pushed on him, it's his creation (which is always better) and he plays it flawlessly. Third what do you haters have against a fun gimmick? It's not some kiddy gimmick like Cena where he is telling poop jokes every other week, it's a more adult centered humor (See Zack's Dad scenes) what is wrong with that?
!

Not everbody likes the same gimmicks as everybody else. Everyone has haters just as everyone has fans

tshizzy34
07-30-2011, 12:13 PM
No matter what capacity it's in, Zach Ryder on tv = 3 N's, 2 I's, 1 W, & 1 G... aka WINNING!

Markedoutforlife
07-30-2011, 12:14 PM
Not everbody likes the same gimmicks as everybody else. Everyone has haters just as everyone has fans

Yup, even,the other wahlberg has A fan!

Eve's Arse No.1
07-30-2011, 12:15 PM
Yup, even,the other wahlberg has A fan!

He was good in Band of Brothers or are you talking about Mark?

WPack911
07-30-2011, 12:21 PM

I get that, but wrestling is about more then just the action in the ring, gimmicks and storylines make those matches in the ring mean something and make them more entertaining. Zack Ryder's gimmick is entertaining which can lead to more entertaining matches and fantastic promos, that is why it is a good gimmick.

Eve's Arse No.1
07-30-2011, 12:25 PM
I get that, but wrestling is about more then just the action in the ring, gimmicks and storylines make those matches in the ring mean something and make them more entertaining. Zack Ryder's gimmick is entertaining which can lead to more entertaining matches and fantastic promos, that is why it is a good gimmick.

To YOU its entertaining. To others its not.

AGAIN:-

Russo swerve
07-30-2011, 12:28 PM

Do you all only want guys like Daniel Bryan and Evan Borne that while they are awesome at wrestling are not nearly as great on the mic? I mean those guys are great, but a guy like CM Punk that is awesome at both is what a wrestler should strive to be. Zack Ryder might be better at the mic then wrestling right now, but he is not a bad wrestler by any means. What is wrong with a fun wrestling gimmick? I mean part of the reason DX and NWO was so huge was because they did outrageous things and had fun and that was entertaining.

I enjoy good wrestling in the ring and sometimes that gets a guy over, but I have no problem with a fun gimmick that is truly funny like Ryder's being what gets him over with fans. Look at a guy like The Rock people hated him at first with his horrible WWE created Rocky Maivia gimmick despite him being a solid wrestler, then he becomes The Rock and he is over with the fans, not for in ring skills, but for mic skills.

It's ok for us core fans to like a fun and funny gimmick to you know, we can like the serious guys like Daniel Bryan AND the over the top funny ones like Zack Ryder too. I think WWE is looking more at these pushed themselves guys like CM Punk and Zack Ryder that forced their own way to bigger pushes and I think what they are doing now with him could be just the beginning for Zack Ryder, Woo Woo Woo You know It!

Hes still a joke junior I can put my opinion if I want to just cause u like him doesnt mean I have to junior

PaPaShango!
07-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Woo Woo Woo you know it bro!!!

Haters don't like Ryder bc they don't see the irony in his gimmick. The guy just loves wrestling. I'm as jaded a wrestling fan as they come and Ryder is one of my current favorites because he's putting in every effort to get over and having a blast with the character.

That said, take care and spike your hair

ZllB) <- Ryder emoticon, complete with headband. You're welcome IWC.

WPack911
07-30-2011, 12:40 PM
I understand everybody has an opinion, I just think that there should be some respect for a guy that made up his own gimmick and used the internet to build a following and basically get himself noticed outside the company and within and put on back on TV. I just thought the "Internet Wrestling Community" would be more responsive to a guy that used the internet to do all that and even calls himself the internet champion. I get it though if you just don't like him, you just don't like him, just surprised more don't is all.

Eve's Arse No.1
07-30-2011, 12:44 PM
I understand everybody has an opinion, I just think that there should be some respect for a guy that made up his own gimmick and used the internet to build a following and basically get him self noticed outside the company and within and put on back on TV. I just thought the "Internet Wrestling Community" would be more responsive to a guy that used the internet to do all that and even calls himself the internet champion. I get it though if you just don't like him, you just don't like him, just surprised more don't is all.

Your on a forum where haters are very vocal about gimmicks and wrestlers they hate you cant expect everyone to respect him.

I do but everyone is intitled to their own opinion and if they dont have any respect for him then why should they say they do?

WPack911
07-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Your on a forum where haters are very vocal about gimmicks and wrestlers they hate you cant expect everyone to respect him.

I do but everyone is intitled to their own opinion and if they dont have any respect for him then why should they say they do?

I'm not saying they should, but I am just surprised is all I guess

Eve's Arse No.1
07-30-2011, 12:55 PM
I'm not saying they should, but I am just surprised is all I guess

You cant take the hate out of the haters

WPack911
07-30-2011, 12:58 PM
You cant take the hate out of the haters

Indeed, it would seem so.

AOF666
07-30-2011, 01:57 PM
The reason he has not been on tv because of his gimmick. It says jobber all over it. Acting like one of those gay Jersey Shore people really says main eventer. Expecting a phone call from GLAAD tonight.

Markedoutforlife
07-30-2011, 02:02 PM
The reason he has not been on tv because of his gimmick. It says jobber all over it. Acting like one of those gay Jersey Shore people really says main eventer. Expecting a phone call from GLAAD tonight.

Only important people get those calls, hence, you wont have to worry about it. Oh, and gay is politically correct, if you call them cum guzzlers, thats a different story.

On a side note, mark wahlberg is,the only talented new kid.

Markedoutforlife
07-30-2011, 02:06 PM
What does Mark Wahlberg have to do with Wrestling?

People were talking about taste, and I said "yeah, even the other wahlberg has A fan" in reply.

SilverGhost
07-30-2011, 02:08 PM
I agree. ;p

I... Am... Too... Sexy... For... MY SHIRT! xD

WPack911
07-30-2011, 02:25 PM

Damn how do people not get that he is Lampooning that Jersey Shore shit? Plus his gimmick ain't keeping him off TV it is what got him back on TV when combined with his internet show, if WWE hated Jersey Shore like gimmicks so much it was keeping him off TV we would have not seen Snooki at WM27.

Guys like Curt Hawkins are not putting in the enormous time and effort it has taken Zack to create a gimmick, then a show, build an internet following and force WWE's hand on putting him back on TV. Also, I am sure they are happy about Zack finally getting on TV again, and maybe they might get back on there a little too if he needs a tag partner for a match or something since they are known to be his friends.

TheRockerGother
07-30-2011, 03:13 PM
Bro, he's already a Title holder. And he's on a winning streak. He's just won a match on Monday, that's an official streak, bro.

Lol would you really consider a win streak I mean Michael Cole I want him to beat the likes of Cody Rhodes,Heath Slater,Barret,etc but I guess he does hold a title :).lol