PDA

View Full Version : About the talent situation.

SilverGhost
07-29-2011, 03:16 PM
Alright guys, I'm getting kinda worried about this so hear me out. I want this as peaceful as possible with no sides flaming each other.

Now there is plenty of you that know that there will be EWNCW talents going to JBW. Now there are some who are going(will not say who) but I wanna address on HOW we handle the leaves. If a talent leaves immediately and is in a storyline, it would hurt the efed that they used to represent. I kinda think that is not fair because the time that creative puts in. So I suggest to at least finish your stuff in your efed before you go to another fed and work.

Storylines take time....and the players who need to play their part, must be there.

thejman93
07-29-2011, 03:18 PM
Alright guys, I'm getting kinda worried about this so hear me out. I want this as peaceful as possible with no sides flaming each other.

Now there is plenty of you that know that there will be EWNCW talents going to JBW. Now there are some who are going(will not say who) but I wanna address on HOW we handle the leaves. If a talent leaves immediately and is in a storyline, it would hurt the efed that they used to represent. I kinda think that is not fair because the time that creative puts in. So I suggest to at least finish your stuff in your efed before you go to another fed and work.

Storylines take time....and the players who to play their part.

This. The relationship between the feds is really good right now; let's not do anything to ruin that.

RomanFlare
07-29-2011, 03:19 PM

Storylines take time....and the players who to play their part.

100% Agree. If you feel like you MUST just get up and go, at least ask the writers of the current fed to write you off Television in some way.

Leggo
07-29-2011, 03:21 PM
I agree SG. I think it's only fair to the writers if the storylines are concluded. This way all parties have the chance to start a fresh with whatever they have planned.

Sidenote: If my IC reference on JBW offended any of the ewncw guys, I apologise. It was just a bit of harmless banter. This thread was created shortly after my post... Leggo = paranoid! Lol

Tommy Thunder
07-29-2011, 03:23 PM
100% Agree. If you feel like you MUST just get up and go, at least ask the writers of the current fed to write you off Television in some way.

I can't stress the bolded part enough. If a talent wants to leave, then please at least finish your current storyline before doing so. If you want out imediately, then please PLEASE let creative know so that they can write you out of the fed in a sensible way.

SilverGhost
07-29-2011, 03:23 PM
This goes for ANY talent on ANY efed.

Leggo
07-29-2011, 03:26 PM
So do we know who has jumped ship? Other than nightwolf... He's still on both Feds though right?

SilverGhost
07-29-2011, 03:28 PM
So do we know who has jumped ship? Other than nightwolf... He's still on both Feds though right?

Its up to NightWolf :\

SilverGhost
07-29-2011, 03:30 PM
I stuck this thread. Feels it may be useful.

Leggo
07-29-2011, 03:32 PM
Its up to NightWolf :\

We want names dammit!! Lol.

If you "jump" ship, then you leave one for the other... Nightwolf is on both. I don't know who else is thinking of jumping. You? TT?

WWTNA Mark
07-29-2011, 03:32 PM
I stuck this thread. Feels it may be useful.

Why don't we make more rules for the feds? You know, just to let the new users know how the feds work?

thejman93
07-29-2011, 03:33 PM

If you "jump" ship, then you leave one for the other... Nightwolf is on both. I don't know who else is thinking of jumping. You? TT?

I think we'll all find out in due time Legs...

WWTNA Mark
07-29-2011, 03:33 PM

I recall Tommy Thunder not jumping ship but he said he won't turn a JBW deal down in the future.

SilverGhost
07-29-2011, 03:35 PM
Why don't we make more rules for the feds? You know, just to let the new users know how the feds work?

Not a bad idea.

(I think this is where creative writers come in ;) You guys make the rules and have a complete list in a thread and I'll stick it)-my idea but meh....

thejman93
07-29-2011, 03:42 PM
(I think this is where creative writers come in ;)

Hahahaha! Poor creative teams....:D

eboy
07-29-2011, 03:56 PM
guys i dont think it comes really down to Rules Just common Curtosey Really I Thought telling Creative was a Given i think its also down to established guy to pass that Curtosey on

SilverGhost
07-29-2011, 04:03 PM
guys i dont think it comes really down to Rules Just common Curtosey Really I Thought telling Creative was a Given i think its also down to established guy to pass that Curtosey on

Yeah but this address for any talent jumping. You are right, it is about courtesy. Leaving in the middle of something very important isn't right :(

NightWolf
07-29-2011, 04:46 PM
This thread seems very pro NightWolf all the way through. First of all I just want to say that I am sorry for screwing up an if I can I will fulfill anything that you guys had penciled in for me to do, and I will stay until I am able to put somebody over in my place. My deal with JBW is signed though. I am not going back on an agreement, and I realize now that I got myself in a pickle because of my; Forgetfulness, stupidity, and lack there of communications. I am truly sorry for that. And I wish that I could make it up to you guys.

You push your minds to the limit every single day as efed creative writers, and I know how much you put into storylines. If Eboy, Tommy, Kevin, WWTNA, SES, MattElder, and TBOZ would be willing to let me fill out my forgotten duties then I will do so instantly. If not then once again I am truly sorry an I will take whatever heat or dislike comes my way. After all this is done an settled I give JBW full authority to job my character out to everyone.

Enforcer23
07-29-2011, 05:30 PM
this is a pro thread SG and as a jsut starter i wouldint mind seeing rules for e-feds in general and about moving to another fed

SilverGhost
07-29-2011, 07:37 PM
This thread seems very pro NightWolf all the way through. First of all I just want to say that I am sorry for screwing up an if I can I will fulfill anything that you guys had penciled in for me to do, and I will stay until I am able to put somebody over in my place. My deal with JBW is signed though. I am not going back on an agreement, and I realize now that I got myself in a pickle because of my; Forgetfulness, stupidity, and lack there of communications. I am truly sorry for that. And I wish that I could make it up to you guys.

You push your minds to the limit every single day as efed creative writers, and I know how much you put into storylines. If Eboy, Tommy, Kevin, WWTNA, SES, MattElder, and TBOZ would be willing to let me fill out my forgotten duties then I will do so instantly. If not then once again I am truly sorry an I will take whatever heat or dislike comes my way. After all this is done an settled I give JBW full authority to job my character out to everyone.

No dude. Its not that. If you feel like this attacks you, I apologize. It was not my intention. :\

Just stating that if someone does in fact leave to make sure not to leave just like that. Let the writers know ahead of time.

HolyJose2391
07-29-2011, 07:44 PM
I completely agree with everything that is being written on this.I myself believe it is about curtesy and full filing your duties to the current fed you're.

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-29-2011, 11:16 PM
I agree 100% with this. I just got into the e-fed bandwagon and I'm already thinking of ways to do things along with SES. There's a lot to go into things hell, my character hasn't even debuted yet and we've already got soft plans set up for almost a month. Now given anything can change, it's the simple fact that everything is done ahead of time. It wouldn't be right for me to just say "ya'know what? Screw JBW!" and just go to EWNCW. Especially with all of the work being put in week in and week out. It's not like anyone is getting paid for this , I'm just thankful that everyone takes the time out of their busy schedules to do this.

Hell, I'm a husband, father, I work 40+ hours a week, run my sites, Podcasts, now this and I have more obligations as well. I'm only throwing mine out there because I know a lot of us are like this here. So, thanks to everyone for all of their hard work. I appreciate both feds. Don't be a douche.

zapphoman
07-30-2011, 12:37 AM
I agree 100% with this. I just got into the e-fed bandwagon and I'm already thinking of ways to do things along with SES. There's a lot to go into things hell, my character hasn't even debuted yet and we've already got soft plans set up for almost a month. Now given anything can change, it's the simple fact that everything is done ahead of time. It wouldn't be right for me to just say "ya'know what? Screw JBW!" and just go to EWNCW. Especially with all of the work being put in week in and week out. It's not like anyone is getting paid for this , I'm just thankful that everyone takes the time out of their busy schedules to do this.

Hell, I'm a husband, father, I work 40+ hours a week, run my sites, Podcasts, now this and I have more obligations as well. I'm only throwing mine out there because I know a lot of us are like this here. So, thanks to everyone for all of their hard work. I appreciate both feds. Don't be a douche.

(points at RobKO and then points at my nose) not trying to be a jerk. Just saying you got it perfectly right buddy.

TheBeardOfZeus
07-30-2011, 04:46 AM
For the record, I did get a PM from you NightWolf, that said "I am done with EWNCW", but that was the last contact I had.

I think that a rule should be made that, if you want to jump ship, let creative know as soon as possible. It's unfair storyline wise, and if creative have plans going down then they need to be noted. Also, plans can be changed at anytime, and an earlier notice could lead to an earlier exit.

What I will say is I wouldn't say no to a possible JBW contract in the future, like hell I'd get one anyway, but if I'm honest I'd love more loyalty. You know us writers work hard, and I'd hate to build someone up for them to just up-sticks for a new challenge.

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-30-2011, 05:34 AM
For the record, I did get a PM from you NightWolf, that said "I am done with EWNCW", but that was the last contact I had.

I think that a rule should be made that, if you want to jump ship, let creative know as soon as possible. It's unfair storyline wise, and if creative have plans going down then they need to be noted. Also, plans can be changed at anytime, and an earlier notice could lead to an earlier exit.

What I will say is I wouldn't say no to a possible JBW contract in the future, like hell I'd get one anyway, but if I'm honest I'd love more loyalty. You know us writers work hard, and I'd hate to build someone up for them to just up-sticks for a new challenge.

That's pretty much exactly what I said lol. It's not right at all that guys just switch like that. There should be REAL contracts lol.

TheBeardOfZeus
07-30-2011, 05:51 AM
That's pretty much exactly what I said lol. It's not right at all that guys just switch like that. There should be REAL contracts lol.

Haha sorry, I wanted to air my feelings as a writer.

And a good point, but I wouldn't mind just been given like a months notice, or even a week, because it's not always going to be that you'll debut the next day.

NightWolf
07-30-2011, 06:37 AM
I thought I did give a weeks notice? If not that it had been quite a few days since I had told you that. I even offered to fulfill my duties. I also thought of some worthy replacements/ people I would gladly put over. I have yet to appear or even return to EWNCW. You could have easily put somebody in my place. I was not exactly built up in a noticable view, and the last memory of all the viewers was that I was jobbing out to Gillz then got fired. I think this whole situation should have been handled privately instead of being brought into public..

TheBeardOfZeus
07-30-2011, 06:44 AM
I thought I did give a weeks notice? If not that it had been quite a few days since I had told you that. I even offered to fulfill my duties. I also thought of some worthy replacements/ people I would gladly put over. I have yet to appear or even return to EWNCW. You could have easily put somebody in my place. I was not exactly built up in a noticable view, and the last memory of all the viewers was that I was jobbing out to Gillz then got fired. I think this whole situation should have been handled privately instead of being brought into public..

And so would I man, I have no idea why this has come around.

I did PM you back after that PM you sent me, I needed something more clinical dude, and I have talked to TT and he said he's spoke to you, which is good.

I'm more sorry it has been in such a public arena, which is a great shame, but I'm sure there are lessons to be learnt here.

tnawhat
07-30-2011, 08:11 AM
And so would I man, I have no idea why this has come around.

I did PM you back after that PM you sent me, I needed something more clinical dude, and I have talked to TT and he said he's spoke to you, which is good.

I'm more sorry it has been in such a public arena, which is a great shame, but I'm sure there are lessons to be learnt here.

dont mess with the writers

TheBeardOfZeus
07-30-2011, 05:22 PM
dont mess with the writers

Haha that's not the lesson dude.

The lesson is we need 100% clarity, as we most likely will still use you.

S.E. Zero
07-30-2011, 06:02 PM
I agree 100% with the points illustrated on this thread but I also feel this should be a lesson to these big feds to keep their talents happy and have good communication with them.

This is often the problem with feds trying to get every single new member to join JBW or EWNCW, you can't take in new talents and have plans so far in advance with them especially when you already have so many things with great talents going on.

Work with the talents you already have, keep them active, keep them alive so they don't feel the need to completely dismiss their current fed for the other and as those talents leave or are inactive due to storyline injuries and whatnot then you bring new talents in.

Take me for example I'm surfing through the indys (AWF and BWA) before ever thinking of joining a big fed, let some of these new guys do the same.

Recommend starting out in a small fed and then once you feel you bring him/her in once theres a storyline that would require someone new to join the ranks.

I wouldn't want switch feds but if I'm not happy there, feel I'm not being utilized the right way and the plans the writers have put someone new ahead of me when I've been a part of the fed longer than some new kid then why the hell wouldn't I jump ship?

Had there been more communication between the talent and the writers it would never have reached the point of them saying: ''I'm done with ????'', so again I feel this should be a lesson to these big feds in this matter so that the talents don't resort to switching out of the blue.

I'm just saying.