PDA

View Full Version : Superpunk?

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Does anyone think there will be a time when the internet tires of CM Punk, tires of him winning, tires of the buzz. Will he be dubbed the next untouchable one? Many complain that once someone becomes the "face" or "defacto face" they lose credibility, our credibility. We turn our backs on them. Could the same happen to CM Punk?

キングバム
07-29-2011, 12:00 PM
No. CM Punk is different compared to Randy Orton an John Cena. Randy and John pretty much had everything at day one. CM Punk had to bust his ass to get to the top, and I am sure that everybody would respect that. Also Triple H used to be super right? We all liked him then an we still love him now. It just depends on whether or not the WWE decide to make his character stale an I really do not see that happening anytime soon.

helmsley
07-29-2011, 12:03 PM
yep, i do see this happening, people are never satisified, and maybe some talented new guy arrives and needs more tv time but punk is using it, but who knows??

Ruthless_Aggression
07-29-2011, 12:06 PM
People had been saying how much they hated the face CM Punk and now there is no chance this guy can be booed into remaining a heel. You'd be surprised to see how apathetic the fans can be when someone overstays their welcome. Like the Rock, they booed him at his last match as a full time wrestler against Brock Lesnar at Summerslam 2002.

thejman93
07-29-2011, 12:06 PM
No. No matter what Punk does for WWE he'll always be a half step behind Cena in the eyes of Vince so he'll never truely be the top guy.

Eve's Arse No.1
07-29-2011, 12:09 PM
They didnt with Stone Cold

Tomsta666
07-29-2011, 12:10 PM
Punk seems to be compared to Austin these days, did what you're asking happen to Austin? :D

Tomsta666
07-29-2011, 12:10 PM
They didnt with Stone Cold

lol

beat me by a minute! :D

Eve's Arse No.1
07-29-2011, 12:13 PM
lol

beat me by a minute! :D

Hey the truths the truth dosent matter who says it first

The New Guy
07-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Of course, thats the "modus operandi" of the IWC. We love someone, we want them to be push, they reach the top, we get tired of them, and pray the'll be buried in the next ppv.

We will eventually get tired of him. But it will be a long time until that

:)

SESAfro
07-29-2011, 12:15 PM
Of course, thats the "modus operandi" of the IWC. We love someone, we want them to be push, they reach the top, we get tired of them, and pray the'll be buried in the next ppv.

That. Unless your a fan of him.

jethro
07-29-2011, 12:16 PM
Interesting,i want to see how that turn out.

StevenT8481
07-29-2011, 12:18 PM
IMO it's all about how they book him.
if its like they do with Cena, then it could possibly happen.
but i feel confident that we won't grow tired of him simply because of who he is, how he acts, and what he stands for.
if he continues doing the things we does now, then i believe we dont have to worry about growing tired of him.

AlexWorldOrder
07-29-2011, 12:28 PM
Nope, cuz Punk is never going to be the top guy. Vince wants a Barney that is willing to get out there for a full time schedule, and punk is already thinking about taking time off, or wanting a lighter schedule. The only reason why he's being used so well is because the fans ate him up. Cena still has to fight the rock, and Vince won't let Cena lose his cred by having him lose a lot before the rock faces him. In a way you can't blame him cuz it would be bad business. In my opinion, I think They should have punk help build other talent with the momentum he has right now. End his feud with Cena asap, and have him feud with guys like Ryder, etc. If Punk feuds with any young jobbers, if done right, these guys could also be main event players instantly. FAKK the John Cena!

Synned
07-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Does anyone think there will be a time when the internet tires of CM Punk, tires of him winning, tires of the buzz. Will he be dubbed the next untouchable one? Many complain that once someone becomes the "face" or "defacto face" they lose credibility, our credibility. We turn our backs on them. Could the same happen to CM Punk?

I'll say this. CM Punk VS Cena is this era's The Rock VS Stone Cold,Macho Man VS hogan,Sting VS Flair. Its a feud that will be remebered for a long time.(ok maybe the Macho man/hogan feud didn't really stand out if i recall correctly,but it stands out in my mind as one of them)

Eve's Arse No.1
07-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Nope, cuz Punk is never going to be the top guy.

I wouldnt say never. I said they are going to be testing this out in recent months. Bret Hart/ Shawn Michaels were the main 2 in WWE until Stone Cold fueded with them.

Now who can honestly say that they thought that was going to be the case

ihearvoices
07-29-2011, 12:36 PM

Yep Cause Just like Cena and just like Randy IWC was very behind them both and was bitching moaning how they deserve big pushes and when both guys finally got those big pushes and kept getting them IWC slowly turn their back on Cena and Randy and i see the same happening to punk

AlexWorldOrder
07-29-2011, 12:52 PM
I wouldnt say never. I said they are going to be testing this out in recent months. Bret Hart/ Shawn Michaels were the main 2 in WWE until Stone Cold fueded with them.

Now who can honestly say that they thought that was going to be the case

Yup I agree. I think it's just me not wanting to ever think of a top pg cm punk...

Automatic
07-29-2011, 12:57 PM

Pretty much this. The IWC is never satisfied.

WPack911
07-29-2011, 12:58 PM
I don't think so, the internet never really embraced Cena and got more tired of him when WWE jammed him down our throats for so long. CM Punk has been the opposite, the fans and the IWC embraced him and helped WWE see the light of how awesome he could be. CM Punk fans are CM Punk fans 4~Life because they are the core wrestling fans, not a bunch of little kids and casual "That guy is hot!" female fans like Cena has.

spidercentz
That's your decision to make. Don't base your decisions on what these complainers say.

Ruthless_Aggression
Yup I agree. I think it's just me not wanting to ever think of a top pg cm punk...

Would all of CM Punk's recent epic promos have been better if he had put cussing and sex slurs in them? I think pushing the envelope is much better than not having an envelope at all.

**Edit**

Woohoo! 500th post!

ratedy2jayz
07-29-2011, 01:04 PM
The people that have gotten their backs turned on (Cena, Orton, The Rock etc..) seem to all have the fact that they changed a lot (rather storyline wise or in real life) in common. Thats what causes people to feel betrayed. CM Punk in the beginning of his career and during his first title reign wasn't the CM Punk everyone loved from the Indies so people werent behind him as much. Then he turns heel on SD and the real CM Punk that the IWC loves starts to show. The whole significance of Punk being champ and defying Vince is that he wont change for Vince to be a "model champion". He knows there's no reason the change because he's the Best In The World, and has no problem walking out of the company. He's gonna stay the rebellious person he is, which is why no one turned their backs on Austin and it'll be the same with Punk.

ihearvoices
07-29-2011, 01:44 PM
The people that have gotten their backs turned on (Cena, Orton, The Rock etc..) seem to all have the fact that they changed a lot (rather storyline wise or in real life) in common. Thats what causes people to feel betrayed. CM Punk in the beginning of his career and during his first title reign wasn't the CM Punk everyone loved from the Indies so people werent behind him as much. Then he turns heel on SD and the real CM Punk that the IWC loves starts to show. The whole significance of Punk being champ and defying Vince is that he wont change for Vince to be a "model champion". He knows there's no reason the change because he's the Best In The World, and has no problem walking out of the company. He's gonna stay the rebellious person he is, which is why no one turned their backs on Austin and it'll be the same with Punk.

Punk is in no shape of form Austin...Lets get that straight people need to stop comparing the two cause punk is not and will never be in Austin league as far as the agreement you making that Orton betrayed by IWC because he changed I dont see that. Randy Has always remain the same the only difference is that he has just got a little more aggressive but he has always been a jerk/Angry person on and off camera . As far as Cena and the rock go the only reason alot of the IWC dont like rock is because he left to do movies and then try to make people forget about his pro wrestling background, When it comes to Cena its all about Evolution same as Stone cold was the ring master then went to be come Stone cold 3;16. CM punk will share the same faith weather he stays the same or change the IWC will find something to dislike about him if not his matches then his promos if not that then they way he keeps getting the title or being push. IWC loves to bitch and moan they get behind a wrestler and betray wrestlers every 6 months

pauadrian
07-29-2011, 01:47 PM
punk is different because orton is robotic on the mic and cena can´t wrestle
punk can talk awesome on the mic and is one of the best wrestlers in the world

punk is creative and tends to make jokes towards adolescents and adults
whereas cena makes jokes about kiddy stuff
nuff said

ihearvoices
07-29-2011, 01:57 PM
punk is different because orton is robotic on the mic and cena can´t wrestle
punk can talk awesome on the mic and is one of the best wrestlers in the world

punk is creative and tends to make jokes towards adolescents and adults
whereas cena makes jokes about kiddy stuff
nuff said

No one was talking about wrestling skills or Promo we talking about if punk gets pushed like Cena and Randy has been in the past will IWC turn their back like they have in the past....Your Totally Coming off like a mark fan boy

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7c80c4668eb.jpg

StevenT8481
07-29-2011, 01:59 PM
people need to get over the fact that Punk will be compared to Austin.
just deal with it and stop taking it so personally.
no matter what sport it is, every athlete of the present time or up in comers will be compared to the ones that came before them.
pick the wedgie out of your ass and stop getting your panties in a bunch.

pauadrian
07-29-2011, 02:06 PM
No one was talking about wrestling skills or Promo we talking about if punk gets pushed like Cena and Randy has been in the past will IWC turn their back like they have in the past....Your Totally Coming off like a mark fan boy

http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a7c80c4668eb.jpg

exactly punk is different than cena and orton
that´s why punk can never get boring we wouldn´t turn our back on him
hell punk deserves to win every match as well
he is the best wrestler in wwe as of now
punk is entertaining and if the iwc gets bored they just cant be pleased

Rich Cranium
07-29-2011, 02:14 PM
Do we get tired of Jericho? Hell NO! I see Punk as equivalent to Jericho in many ways. Maybe with this super stardom, Punk will gain the power to walk away and takes beaks to keep his character fresh which is what Jericho does with brilliance!

ihearvoices
07-29-2011, 02:15 PM
exactly punk is different than cena and orton
that´s why punk can never get boring we wouldn´t turn our back on him
hell punk deserves to win every match as well
he is the best wrestler in wwe as of now
punk is entertaining and if the iwc gets bored they just cant be pleased

Lol ok we will see in 5 years

ihearvoices
07-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Do we get tired of Jericho? Hell NO! I see Punk as equivalent to Jericho in many ways. Maybe with this super stardom, Punk will gain the power to walk away and takes beaks to keep his character fresh which is what Jericho does with brilliance!

Jericho was never one of the top guys for a long period like Randy or Cena....Jericho has always been juggled between high Mid card (IC title) and main eventer (WHC/WWE champship).

helmsley
07-29-2011, 02:25 PM
Jericho was never one of the top guys for a long period like Randy or Cena....Jericho has always been juggled between high Mid card (IC title) and main eventer (WHC/WWE champship).

agree with you, jericho was mid card for a long time and is one of the few wrestlers that can go form main evet to mid card and viceversa without any problem

ihearvoices
07-29-2011, 02:39 PM
agree with you, jericho was mid card for a long time and is one of the few wrestlers that can go form main evet to mid card and viceversa without any problem

Yep that's why he is the best in the world at what he does. http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images_root/slides/photos/000/262/472/Undisputed-World-Champion-Chris-Jericho_display_image.jpg?1276805806

the-rocks-stunner
07-29-2011, 02:39 PM
NO CM Punk can wrestle unlike the others!

Los Conquistador
07-29-2011, 02:40 PM
Superpunk?

Really jumpin the gun there aren't we

Worry about that down the line
Long down the line

If this thread is still gathering up comments later
I'll post a decent counter point

ihearvoices
07-29-2011, 02:45 PM
NO CM Punk can wrestle unlike the others!

Thats the only thing you guys have....And Randy Orton can Wrestle so i dont get where you come off saying that.

Y2J___Y2J
07-29-2011, 03:49 PM
The IWC will turn on Punk eventually but not any time soon..
People raved about Cena when he was the Dr Of Thuganomics.. now look

zapphoman
07-29-2011, 03:58 PM
The IWC will turn on Punk eventually but not any time soon..
People raved about Cena when he was the Dr Of Thuganomics.. now look

yeah but Cena went from rapping to whatever he is doing now. I doubt CM Punk would allow such a drastic change to happen to his persona. He would probably rather leave that have that happen.

Siracul
07-29-2011, 04:01 PM
Too much variables.
The only correct answer in my opinion is : Only time will tell.

WWTNA Mark
07-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Thats the only thing you guys have....And Randy Orton can Wrestle so i dont get where you come off saying that.

Agreed ihearvoices.

Siracul
07-29-2011, 06:37 PM

My problems with Orton is simple.
He can wrestle, he can put on great shows, hell he made a fuss last year and cost Kingston his push because Kingston made it obvious he was about to get RKO'd.
So here are my problems with Orton
1 - He can be unprofessional at times like the Kofi Kingston thingy and cost people opportunities of their careers
2 - Just like Cena it seems he can't lose cleanly, now while I understand WWE making mega stars, even the best wrestlers lose every now and then, Stone Cold lost cleanly, Rock lost cleanly, Michaels lost cleanly, why can't Cena & Orton lose cleanly ?

And if you say "He does lose cleanly" please, i beg you, re-watch each and every Orton match up with Christian and show me when he lost cleanly other than the tag team match on RAW.

Eve's Arse No.1
07-29-2011, 06:39 PM
Wrestling Companies leading faces rarely lose cleanly though. Cant blame Orton for that surely

WWTNA Mark
07-29-2011, 06:43 PM
Wrestling Companies leading faces rarely lose cleanly though. Cant blame Orton for that surely

This.^^^^^^

The Rock RARELY lost clean. Stone Cold RARELY lost clean. So what i'm saying is that you can't say that Cena and Orton rarely lose clean when WWE's posterboys before Cena and Orton rarely lost clean.

Siracul
07-29-2011, 06:53 PM
This.^^^^^^

The Rock RARELY lost clean. Stone Cold RARELY lost clean. So what i'm saying is that you can't say that Cena and Orton rarely lose clean when WWE's posterboys before Cena and Orton rarely lost clean.

And I understand that.
Still I'm saying that's my problem with them, winning and losing matches was never a problem attributed to a wrestler himself (Unless you're Hulk Hogan the master of politics) but to the creative teams.

CM_Jericho
07-29-2011, 06:59 PM
Punk is punk... Anti Establishment... He goes against the man... He would never be WWE's cooperate poster boy... In the punk world he would be a sell out. CM Punk will never sell out.

Eve's Arse No.1
07-29-2011, 07:00 PM
And I understand that.
Still I'm saying that's my problem with them, winning and losing matches was never a problem attributed to a wrestler himself (Unless you're Hulk Hogan the master of politics) but to the creative teams.

Winners sells merchandise, plus some fans just love winners. You also have to admit that a face champion who won the title by 'kayfabe' trying his hardest by beating everyone one in his way the honourable way isnt going to be easy to beat. Vince has always said he likes his champions to look unbeatable.

I bet you didnt complain when JBL held the WWE championship for over a year and did he win all those matches cleanly no he cheated(which is the exact samething)
Heels cheat to win thats what makes them Heels. If they could beat the top faces cleanly there would be no point to most heels.

Siracul
07-29-2011, 07:05 PM
Winners sells merchandise, plus some fans just love winners. You also have to admit that a face champion who won the title by 'kayfabe' trying his hardest by beating everyone one in his way the honourable way isnt going to be easy to beat. Vince has always said he likes his champions to look unbeatable.

I bet you didnt complain when JBL held the WWE championship for over a year and did he win all those matches cleanly no he cheated(which is the exact samething)
Heels cheat to win thats what makes them Heels. If they could beat the top faces cleanly there would be no point to most heels.

Mm thanks for the lesson Professor
I've been watching wrestling since I was 4 years old so I kind of know what a heel is
No I haven't said a word in JBL's title reign, why ? because JBL was an established star, he already was in the main event, now we look at someone in Christian's case, fresh into the main event, proven he can wrestle but not proven if he is a main event guy.
What I'm getting at is this : Last year Miz won almost every title defense by a "heel" way that it lead to people calling him unworthy or as some might say not credible.
Now what's the problem with having a credible heel ?
Even heels have to win cleanly every now and then dear professor :)

Eve's Arse No.1
07-29-2011, 07:35 PM
Mm thanks for the lesson Professor
I've been watching wrestling since I was 4 years old so I kind of know what a heel is
No I haven't said a word in JBL's title reign, why ? because JBL was an established star, he already was in the main event, now we look at someone in Christian's case, fresh into the main event, proven he can wrestle but not proven if he is a main event guy.
What I'm getting at is this : Last year Miz won almost every title defense by a "heel" way that it lead to people calling him unworthy or as some might say not credible.
Now what's the problem with having a credible heel ?
Even heels have to win cleanly every now and then dear professor :)

WOW 4 years old well done to you

Wasnt saying you didnt know what a heel was but you clearly didnt know the characteristics of face and heel champions are by some of your previous comments.

Look what im trying to point out is that your holding double standards for heels and faces. Faces lose cleaning to at times ( John Cena vs RVD).
The reason why i brought up JBL is because he was the best example for comparison between faces and heels. If you think i metioned it because of you then you suffer from paranoia.
The Miz is a completly different case to Christian you must realise that. Christian has been in wrestling for over a decade hes paid his dues and been top champion in other companies., Where the Miz was a reality TV star who went to wrestling and has what 5 years tops experience, plus The Miz was always abit of a joke character so alot of die hard fans are going to hate The Miz for that.

And nothing is wrong in having a credible heel but remember in the WWE universe Christian is not as established as the Randy Orton character. Brock Lesnar is an example of a 'credible' heel but credible heels are normally monsters. Where as Chrisitan uses his brain to win most matches and gets caught out most of the time doing it. This is to build the storyline and to build up wrestlers like Christian to a level were it is believable he could beat Randy Orton

Siracul
07-29-2011, 07:51 PM
WOW 4 years old well done to you

Wasnt saying you didnt know what a heel was but you clearly didnt know the characteristics of face and heel champions are by some of your previous comments.

Look what im trying to point out is that your holding double standards for heels and faces. Faces lose cleaning to at times ( John Cena vs RVD).
The reason why i brought up JBL is because he was the best example for comparison between faces and heels. If you think i metioned it because of you then you suffer from paranoia.
The Miz is a completly different case to Christian you must realise that. Christian has been in wrestling for over a decade hes paid his dues and been top champion in other companies., Where the Miz was a reality TV star who went to wrestling and has what 5 years tops experience, plus The Miz was always abit of a joke character so alot of die hard fans are going to hate The Miz for that.

And nothing is wrong in having a credible heel but remember in the WWE universe Christian is not as established as the Randy Orton character. Brock Lesnar is an example of a 'credible' heel but credible heels are normally monsters. Where as Chrisitan uses his brain to win most matches and gets caught out most of the time doing it. This is to build the storyline and to build up wrestlers like Christian to a level were it is believable he could beat Randy Orton

I find myself inclined to agree with everything but one thing.
Christian has indeed been a veteran for over a decade but so was Edge when he won his first WWE title (or was it WHC not sure) from John Cena, I wasn't part of the IWC back then but I remember my friends and myself debating for hours how they thought he was nothing more than a "glorified tag team wrestler" as Cena said it in "Final Honors".
That was said for one reason and one reason only : Edge was still new in the main event, performing well in mid card or upper mid card does not mean you can perform well when given main event status.
The same thing could apply to Christian, he performed greatly but never was in the main event, he is not an established main eventer, that's why he needs some credibility as a main eventer in my view.
Also on the Orton character being more over than the Christian character.
I'd like you to watch the reactions Orton & Christian got respectively the night Christian won the title, then lost to Orton, then all the way till Christian's heel turn, I dare say Christian was over more with the fans than Orton and those are my proofs.
The difference between Orton & Christian was one thing only : Orton was established as a main event player, a top guy, Christian was not, hence he needs credibility

TheDevilsAdvocate
07-29-2011, 07:56 PM
If CM Punk is going to be a future "super" then who will be his mate? The Rock had Steve Austin. John Cena had/has Randy Orton. So where does that leave CM Punk with? Christian? Alex Riley? The Miz?

Eve's Arse No.1
07-29-2011, 08:03 PM
I find myself inclined to agree with everything but one thing.
Christian has indeed been a veteran for over a decade but so was Edge when he won his first WWE title (or was it WHC not sure) from John Cena, I wasn't part of the IWC back then but I remember my friends and myself debating for hours how they thought he was nothing more than a "glorified tag team wrestler" as Cena said it in "Final Honors".
That was said for one reason and one reason only : Edge was still new in the main event, performing well in mid card or upper mid card does not mean you can perform well when given main event status.
The same thing could apply to Christian, he performed greatly but never was in the main event, he is not an established main eventer, that's why he needs some credibility as a main eventer in my view.
Also on the Orton character being more over than the Christian character.
I'd like you to watch the reactions Orton & Christian got respectively the night Christian won the title, then lost to Orton, then all the way till Christian's heel turn, I dare say Christian was over more with the fans than Orton and those are my proofs.
The difference between Orton & Christian was one thing only : Orton was established as a main event player, a top guy, Christian was not, hence he needs credibility

WWE Title he changed it into that Rated R Belt

Christian is going to gain that in time but as you metioned about Edge he cheated his ass off in matches an used Lita to alot throughout the fued.

The main thing about Christian that you have to understand is people who have been watching WWE for years and years know alot about Christian. But the new PG era in WWE is bringing in alot younger auedience.

Now how many young fans do you believe can remember Christian from ECW or TNA id imagine alot but ask them about his attitude days or invasion days and they wont know anything.

Edge was different because he never left WWE and when he won his title WWE was aimed at an older audience and we all knew his career.

Whats different now is you cant have Randy Orton the Number 1 guy on Smackdown who has beaten Cena, Triple H and the other Top heels and faces in WWE being beat cleany by a guy who around 3 months ago was fueding for the mid card titles.

What you need to do is give it time. Now that Christian is champion you will see him win and win more cleanly as younger fans begin to see him as a genuine wrestler. His last title didnt really count as i believe WWE creative had planned Edge to keep the title then go on to fued with Christian being the challanger. All they did was swap Randy Orton for Edge.. You cant blame Randy Orton for Edge being injured.

You cant have Randy Orton who has been the number 2 guy in WWE who has beaten Cena, Triple H the othe

Enforcer23
07-30-2011, 01:53 AM

well if we lose credibility in him then its our own fault..he is diffrent and i dont think we will lose our intrest in him his just diffrent

Rated_R(ob)KO
07-30-2011, 05:32 AM
Holy crap, 6 pages. Awesome lol.

maar13
08-01-2011, 05:13 PM
Personally as long as he gets a good reaction, and he can command that, The guy is going to remain ontop, probably will have his twist and turns but in the end, he will play boh roles, Super Punk and Villain Punk.

I just hope the guy remains being a big player.