PDA

View Full Version : 5 matches for a PPV?

SilverGhost
10-03-2010, 12:47 PM
Like the title says....

The HIAC PPV will have 5 matches. I thought it would be more.

Thoughts? Complaints? Opinions? on the topic?

Necroyeti
10-03-2010, 01:12 PM
There'll probably be a tag match and an IC match as well....I've noticed WWE have taken to not advertising many of the matches lately, like for Fatal 4 Way when not even half of the PPV was revealed beforehand.

SilverGhost
10-03-2010, 01:24 PM
I like the surprise factor but what if its a good match?

$$$ Maker
10-03-2010, 01:35 PM
There could of been more matches if only they wouldn't put this PPV to early!

xAzureSkye
10-03-2010, 02:06 PM
well if there are only 5 matches then that means the matches will be longer :) or else there will be another unannounced match on the night. but i would prefer having 5 so that all the matches could be long

the-rocks-stunner
10-03-2010, 02:42 PM
1 hour promo for braggiNg rights lmao

SilverGhost
10-03-2010, 05:26 PM
well if there are only 5 matches then that means the matches will be longer :) or else there will be another unannounced match on the night. but i would prefer having 5 so that all the matches could be long

Its either a snorefest or epicness. I don't know what you classify this.

vbirwin
10-04-2010, 03:39 PM
I didn't get HIAC for a few reasons...

First, as this post notes, I'm not paying almost $50 for only five matches. Especially when two of them I really didn't care much about. I know they added Edge/Swagger but we didn't know that in advance and I doubt it would have impacted my decision. If the price is going to continue to go up, WWE is going to have to offer more and advertise more to get me to buy.

I hate the fact that they made HIAC a "theme" PPV. I thought Hell In A Cell was supposed to be a last resort when two guys need something special to find resolution. The key word there is "special". Neither of these matches rated HIAC. If Kane and Taker continue their program they should have saved the HIAC concept for later to cap off the feud. Then it would have been special. If you make this concept a theme for a PPV and just throw any two guys in there it kills the mystique and lessens the impact.

And lastly, HIAC is supposed to be the most brutal match in WWE. So what is the point of HIAC in the PG-13 era? What is the point if nobody can cross the line and nobody can bleed.

Mr Perfect
10-04-2010, 04:01 PM
I didn't get HIAC for a few reasons...

First, as this post notes, I'm not paying almost $50 for only five matches. Especially when two of them I really didn't care much about. I know they added Edge/Swagger but we didn't know that in advance and I doubt it would have impacted my decision. If the price is going to continue to go up, WWE is going to have to offer more and advertise more to get me to buy.

I hate the fact that they made HIAC a "theme" PPV. I thought Hell In A Cell was supposed to be a last resort when two guys need something special to find resolution. The key word there is "special". Neither of these matches rated HIAC. If Kane and Taker continue their program they should have saved the HIAC concept for later to cap off the feud. Then it would have been special. If you make this concept a theme for a PPV and just throw any two guys in there it kills the mystique and lessens the impact.

And lastly, HIAC is supposed to be the most brutal match in WWE. So what is the point of HIAC in the PG-13 era? What is the point if nobody can cross the line and nobody can bleed.

agree with everything you said.. This is why I found a stream on line, its crazy to think the WWE asked 50 bucks for that crap.

SilverGhost
10-04-2010, 11:05 PM
agree with everything you said.. This is why I found a stream on line, its crazy to think the WWE asked 50 bucks for that crap.

Perfect statement my friend :)

Only 2 good matches was the triple threat submission match and the Barrett vs Cena match

Bodom
10-05-2010, 10:59 AM
Perfect statement my friend :)

Only 2 good matches was the triple threat submission match and the Barrett vs Cena match

I enjoyed the Kane vs Undertaker match.......

SilverGhost
10-06-2010, 01:24 AM
I enjoyed the Kane vs Undertaker match.......

That match was about as enjoyable as watching paint dry and some kid places his belly on the wet paint wall.