PDA

View Full Version : Wrestling Documentaries

Eve's Arse No.1
07-28-2011, 08:31 PM
Can anyone recommend any good wrestling documentaries or programs form the Bio channel about wrestling?

Iven seen Beyond the Mat which was excellent, Louis Therox's wrestling one and the Bret Hart documentary.

But can any recommend any really good ones?

if this is in the wrong section sorry

zapphoman
07-28-2011, 08:39 PM
There is

The Rise And Fall of ECW
The Rise and Fall of WCW
The Real story behind Wrestlemania
All the ones about Rey Mysterio, John Cena, Randy Orton, I think there is an Edge one, Cage matches, TLC

helmsley
07-28-2011, 08:53 PM
ive seen one on youtube about the secrets of wrestling, it was kind of obvious but entertaining

KingOrton
07-28-2011, 09:11 PM
Kinda-ish a documentary... E! True Hollywood story: Chris Benoit. Cried like a baby.

tad locust
07-28-2011, 09:12 PM
The Story of Pro Wrestling From A&E and Bloodstained Memoirs are both good.

WWTNA Mark
07-28-2011, 09:17 PM
Big Show's documentary is definitely a great one. You should really pick that one up. You'll learn a lot about Show in that DVD.

Dameduse823
07-28-2011, 09:20 PM
The road warriors documentary was awesome and so was the Jake Roberts dvd.

I recently watched the new Mysterio and Micheals dvds which were good but they were more about the matches then a documentary.

Though its not my favorite I'd also recommend self destruction of the ultimate warrior

StevenT8481
07-28-2011, 09:25 PM
highly suggest the rise and fall of WCW and ECW.
you won't be disappointed.
and go to youtube and look up some interviews from a show called "off the record"
the one with paul heyman is great.
as well as Vince, Bret Hart, Jim Ross, Undertaker plus more.
very good stuff.

helmsley
07-28-2011, 09:32 PM
and go to youtube and look up some interviews from a show called "off the record"
very good stuff.

ive always wanted to see the ecw documentary, i hope can see it soon, im also interested in de wcw one, i find them more entertaining than the ones about just one wrestler

mika009
07-28-2011, 09:35 PM
Don't know how old you want to go but if you want stuff on older wrestling check out 'Heros of World Class' it's all about World Class Championship Wrestling. Mainly the Von Erich/Freebird fued. Also WWE has put out 'Triumph and Tragedy' their version of WCCW history and 'The Spectacular Legacy of AWA', 'The Raise and Fall of WCW', and the StarrCade documentary. All of them are pretty good.

The Hipster
07-28-2011, 09:36 PM
Ultimate Warrior's is good
Chris Jericho
Bio channel sometimes shows one on Andre the Giant (it's good)
Hardys' (eh)
Rise and fall of WCW
HBK
I like the ones that are more interviews than talk which is why Macho Man's is not so good

Eve's Arse No.1
07-28-2011, 09:43 PM
very good stuff.

Thanks for the name of the show could never remeber it i think i saw the one with Tony Atlas a few years ago and it was about how the murder of Bruiser Brody if anyone dosent know that story its one you all need to learn about. It is very shocking.

The guy who murdered him is still wrestling today. Or he was the last time i checked

Bio channel sometimes shows one on Andre the Giant (it's good)

Yeah i saw that one a few years ago as well that was amazing. He would of been the one guy in wrestling who i would of loved to of met more then anyone. The things that people said about him made me think what a great man he was.

Markedoutforlife
07-28-2011, 09:49 PM
Sorry, but andre the giant was a racist asshole. Look up his beef with bad new brown.

Eve's Arse No.1
07-28-2011, 09:52 PM
Sorry, but andre the giant was a racist asshole. Look up his beef with bad new brown.

Didnt know that. Thats a major problem though with some documentaries they only show postive things about the person or are very one sided towards them.

The Bret Hart documentary for example it was good but i spent years hating shawn michaels when they are both as bad as each other.

steveorton
07-29-2011, 08:11 AM
Can anyone recommend any good wrestling documentaries or programs form the Bio channel about wrestling?

Iven seen Beyond the Mat which was excellent, Louis Therox's wrestling one and the Bret Hart documentary.

But can any recommend any really good ones?

if this is in the wrong section sorry

There's one with Shawn Michaels but I can't remember the name, I'm jus sayin...