PDA

View Full Version : Smackdown..

Y2Jryder
07-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Who thinks that Smackdown is boring.
Every single week I enjoy Superstars and Raw more than Smackdown.

It always goes like this:
Main event: Orton orton orton orton orton,
before orton it was edge edge edge mysterio.
Of course sometimes they put on great matches.
But it alway feels like everybody is facing the same opponents every single week.

What are your thoughts about Smackdown, the B show of the WWE.
Do you think their roster is too small or something?

Y2Jryder
07-28-2011, 09:31 AM
Almost forgot about Teddy longs fetish for tag-team matches. god

Eve's Arse No.1
07-28-2011, 09:39 AM
Smackdown has always been the B show thought that was obvious.

The problem is Raw is the main show so when ever a guy comes through the ranks and becomes established they are quickly moved to raw.

The only exceptions are Undertaker(though he rarely actually wrestled on Smackdown) and normally the number 2 guy of the company (Batista, Edge and now Orton).

Smackdown is very much a show where they build up talent nowadays. When the brand were joint it was as good as Raw then the cruiserweights on smackdown which was excellent. But now its very much like a place where superstars can be built up or work on there skills

steveorton
07-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Smackdown has always been the B show thought that was obvious.

The problem is Raw is the main show so when ever a guy comes through the ranks and becomes established they are quickly moved to raw.

The only exceptions are Undertaker(though he rarely actually wrestled on Smackdown) and normally the number 2 guy of the company (Batista, Edge and now Orton).

Smackdown is very much a show where they build up talent nowadays. When the brand were joint it was as good as Raw then the cruiserweights on smackdown which was excellent. But now its very much like a place where superstars can be built up or work on there skills

Yea it is a breeding ground for wrestlers, superstars that would normally be buried on Raw can become world champions. As you said Y2J_Y2J they have better matches than Raw I feel and the commentating is hilArious, also Orton, Christian, Rhodes, Cara and many more are on this show - some reasons for you to watch it, I'm jus sayin...

Eve's Arse No.1
07-28-2011, 10:13 AM
Smackdown has had the best match from a non ppv though. The TLC match with Chris Jericho & You Know Who, Dudleys, Hardys and edge & christian but that was before the brand split

Steve Austin
07-28-2011, 10:15 AM
I really enjoy Smackdown most weeks but I god damn hate Teddy Long.

steveorton
07-28-2011, 10:17 AM
I really enjoy Smackdown most weeks but I god damn hate Teddy Long.

Seconded, I'm jus sayin...

jordan1995
07-28-2011, 10:20 AM
the mid card matches on smackdown are awesome..we get bryan..sin cara..rhodes..debiase

Eve's Arse No.1
07-28-2011, 10:23 AM
the mid card matches on smackdown are awesome..we get bryan..sin cara..rhodes..debiase

Kinda why i always see myself sided towards Smackdown. Most of the guys on there are new and bring something else to matches whilst Raw is very much guys you have seen before against guys they have been against before. (not talking about fueds just the matches they show on Raw)

capn-edu
07-28-2011, 10:31 AM
honestly i want to see guys like barret, sheamus, bryan, rhodes and even henry in the main event
i hate orton plain and simple

Rich Cranium
07-28-2011, 10:34 AM
honestly i want to see guys like barret, sheamus, bryan, rhodes and even henry in the main event
i hate orton plain and simple

You would rather see Henry over Orton? Serious question.

Siracul
07-28-2011, 10:36 AM
For the past, I believe 5 years, SmackDown to me has been the A show.
They had more wrestling, the shows were more fun and whenever there was a SmackDown! Vs. Raw kinda thing (like Bragging Rights or Survivor Series) I always pick the guys in blue.
There was a point in time where I stopped watching RAW and kept on watching SmackDown!
Lately however Teddy Long and his f'n tag team matches are getting on my nerves, sorry T-Long get the fuck off TV and bring back Coachman or hell, while you're at it, assign an "Anonymous SmackDown General Manager"

Also one good storyline (the CM Punk storyline) doesn't make one show better than the other.

Y2J___Y2J
07-28-2011, 10:38 AM
With Orton as the face of smackdown he's nearly always going to be in the main event .. like Cena on Raw ..
But I would like to see Christian hold the title for a long time to solidify his reign and push Sheamus/Daniel Bryan to the no.1 contender spot as a face.
I would like to see Justin Gabriel pushed to a mid-card title too

capn-edu
07-28-2011, 10:41 AM
Bring back Y2J and make him a face :D

Eve's Arse No.1
07-28-2011, 10:42 AM

Raw is Jericho

Siracul

Agreed
I wanna see Y2J on SmackDown! again !!

Rilla
SD is generally WAY ahead of RAW when it comes to actual wrestling.

However, it sucks in terms of story.

SD hasn't really bored me in a LONG time.

capn-edu
07-28-2011, 10:43 AM
You would rather see Henry over Orton? Serious question.

Actually maybe not henry :/
and not Orton DQ them both

capn-edu
07-28-2011, 10:43 AM
Raw is Jericho

Smackdown can be Jericho too :D
+ in raw the treat him like shiet
i prefer him getting the world title back where it belongs

Siracul
07-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Raw is Jericho

His best work "The best in the world" gimmick had it's best moments on SmackDown!
In ya face :p

the-rocks-stunner
07-28-2011, 10:44 AM
Only 1 man can revive SD!.........................................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v89r71jKd2I

As the GM!

Eve's Arse No.1
07-28-2011, 10:47 AM
His best work "The best in the world" gimmick had it's best moments on SmackDown!
In ya face :p

thought it was king of the world? or am i wrong

Siracul
07-28-2011, 10:47 AM
Only 1 man can revive SD!.........................................
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v89r71jKd2I

As the GM!

SmackDown! does not need reviving.
We've seen great feuds on SmackDown! (Rhodes vs. Dibiase)
The SmackDown! MiTB in my opinion was twice as good as RAW's
SmackDown! has some of the best up and coming talents in WWE : Danielson, Rhodes, Barrett to name a few
SmackDown! has some very good veterans : Christian, Kane (when he returns), Mark Henry (Proved he deserves his push), and sadly Orton.

All SmackDown! needs is a replacement for Long and Foley would be perfect :D

ChosenOne
07-28-2011, 10:48 AM
It's certainly got worse. I didn't mind when Edge ran the show, as he was my favourite wrestler around, and his character was great, certainly following his first World Heavyweight Championship win. However, Orton's practically non-character has wrecked it, and it's so predictable. One-on-oe match, two men interfere, Long comes out, tag team match. Think of something new for god's sake.

Siracul
07-28-2011, 10:48 AM

I'm quite sure it was Best in the world.
The catchphrase was taken from my favorite comic book character (Wolverine) so I think I'd know.
Still point is Jericho + SmackDown! = Epic :)

capn-edu
07-28-2011, 10:49 AM

yep it was best in the world

Eve's Arse No.1
07-28-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm quite sure it was Best in the world.
The catchphrase was taken from my favorite comic book character (Wolverine) so I think I'd know.
Still point is Jericho + SmackDown! = Epic :)

You sure i thought it was King of the World but he was on RAW at the time. Maybe it was both at different points of time??

Eve's Arse No.1
07-28-2011, 10:52 AM
or was it just his theme song for a bit? thought king of the world was wht he screamed when he pinned a guy with one foot?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IG9tdB__o8A&feature=fvwrel

the-rocks-stunner
07-28-2011, 10:54 AM
SmackDown! does not need reviving.
We've seen great feuds on SmackDown! (Rhodes vs. Dibiase)
The SmackDown! MiTB in my opinion was twice as good as RAW's
SmackDown! has some of the best up and coming talents in WWE : Danielson, Rhodes, Barrett to name a few
SmackDown! has some very good veterans : Christian, Kane (when he returns), Mark Henry (Proved he deserves his push), and sadly Orton.

All SmackDown! needs is a replacement for Long and Foley would be perfect :D

1. thats why they beat raw in ratings *sarcasm*
2. rhodes and dibiase have hardly feuded
3. the last 5 years of smackdown have been terrible (raw had been terrible the last 5 years as well but did something about it!)
4. Mick Foley GM would save SD!

Siracul
07-28-2011, 10:57 AM
1. thats why they beat raw in ratings
2. rhodes and dibiase have hardly feuded
3. the last 5 years of smackdown have been terrible (raw had been terrible the last 5 years as well but did something about it!)
4. Mick Foley GM would save SD!

1- So if SmackDown! does not beat RAW it needs reviving ?
2- I meant Rhodes Vs. Daniel Bryan my mistake
3- They've both been terrible but SmackDown! has been a little bit better on the wrestling side of things.
4- I don't wanna argue about that, but i will say that it will improve the show not save it.

Eve's Arse No.1
07-28-2011, 10:57 AM
yep it was best in the world

Thought i was right just researched it he was KING OF THE WORLD and THE BEST IN THE WORLD AT WHAT HE DOES.

the-rocks-stunner
07-28-2011, 11:00 AM
1- So if SmackDown! does not beat RAW it needs reviving ?
2- I meant Rhodes Vs. Daniel Bryan my mistake
3- They've both been terrible but SmackDown! has been a little bit better on the wrestling side of things.
4- I don't wanna argue about that, but i will say that it will improve the show not save it.

no it will save it its really bad according to alot of people

Siracul
07-28-2011, 11:01 AM
no it will save it its really bad according to alot of people

I guess it's just a clash of opinions and to each his own :)
From what I see the only reason RAW is overshadowing SmackDown! right now is simply the CM Punk storyline.

the-rocks-stunner
07-28-2011, 11:14 AM
I guess it's just a clash of opinions and to each his own :)
From what I see the only reason RAW is overshadowing SmackDown! right now is simply the CM Punk storyline.

RAW has always been overshadowing SD for 1 reason Sports Entertainment and not wrestling which is sad but good in someways

+ WWE has the hook feature of there viewers where the 90% of viewers wait years on end for the golden era/attitude era (whichever 1 prefers better) to a similar returning fashion if they never had that hook feature the ratings would fall down to the 1's/2's just look at tna they've got no great era in the past so when they screw up they lose viewers! take on board what i have said!

Siracul
07-28-2011, 11:21 AM
RAW has always been overshadowing SD for 1 reason Sports Entertainment and not wrestling which is sad but good in someways

+ WWE has the hook feature of there viewers where the 90% of viewers wait years on end for the golden era/attitude era (whichever 1 prefers better) to a similar returning fashion if they never had that hook feature the ratings would fall down to the 1's/2's just look at tna they've got no great era in the past so when they screw up they lose viewers! take on board what i have said!

This I totally 100% agree with.
I still know people who have been watching RAW over the past 7 years hoping for a return of the Attitude Era.
People can't understand that like ECW, the Attitude Era & the Golden Era are gone, what's gone is gone, leave them rest in peace.

the-rocks-stunner
07-28-2011, 11:23 AM
This I totally 100% agree with.
I still know people who have been watching RAW over the past 7 years hoping for a return of the Attitude Era.
People can't understand that like ECW, the Attitude Era & the Golden Era are gone, what's gone is gone, leave them rest in peace.

a similar era 1 like where in now is comparable to both eras which is good enough for me :D

Siracul
07-28-2011, 11:26 AM
a similar era 1 like where in now is comparable to both eras which is good enough for me :D

Quoted for truth.
I think we got CM Punk to thank for this one.

helmsley
07-28-2011, 12:08 PM
i hope that sheamus can be in a good feud or even be in the title picture,that will shake things a bit

Moose
07-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Smackdown is on Friday night, when most men 18 - 34 are out.

AOF666
07-28-2011, 04:21 PM
Who thinks that Smackdown is boring.
Every single week I enjoy Superstars and Raw more than Smackdown.

It always goes like this:
Main event: Orton orton orton orton orton,
before orton it was edge edge edge mysterio.
Of course sometimes they put on great matches.
But it alway feels like everybody is facing the same opponents every single week.

What are your thoughts about Smackdown, the B show of the WWE.
Do you think their roster is too small or something?

Agree tired of seeing Boring Orton in the main event. Sometimes John Cena is not in the main event.

HeelTurn
07-28-2011, 04:23 PM
Yeah Smackdown has always been my fave show of the 2, but with The Nexus vs Cena feud, The Rock returning at Mania and Punk's general greatness as of late, I really think Raw has become worthy of being referred to as the number 1 show.

Tay Moran
07-28-2011, 04:38 PM
Ive always prefered Smackdown to Raw because their better at elevating talent