PDA

View Full Version : Christian The better route

steveorton
07-27-2011, 01:48 PM
So a couple of months ago most of the IWC was up in arm about Christian losing the WHC to Orton. Back to the present I think Christian has now solidifed his main event position on Smackdown. My question to you guys was this the correct route?
Would you have liked to see Christian not turning heel but going along with Cinderella storyline, would this have been benficial. I think WWE did the correct thing when Christian won the title I was glad for him but I was like whats next. Would welcome feedback, comments, suggestions, I'm jus sayin...

Juvenile Junkie
07-27-2011, 01:51 PM
So a couple of months ago most of the IWC was up in arm about Christian losing the WHC to Orton. Back to the present I think Christian has now solidifed his main event position on Smackdown. My question to you guys was this the correct route?
Would you have liked to see Christian not turning heel but going along with Cinderella storyline, would this have been benficial. I think WWE did the correct thing when Christian won the title I was glad for him but I was like whats next. Would welcome feedback, comments, suggestions, I'm jus sayin...

Still,a 2 day title reign was stupid

Steve Austin
07-27-2011, 02:04 PM
The day reign was stupid but it did push him to the main event scene and he is now a two time world champ. I like the heel turn but the way they went about it is more like a face, getting screwed out of title matches and then getting a rematch and having everyone against him makes it seem like a Rey Mysterio storyline but it doesn't matter he is now a main eventer and currently is and deserves to be the world champion.

steveorton
07-27-2011, 02:05 PM
Still,a 2 day title reign was stupid

Agreed, WWE really screws up sometime but I think Christian is in a better place because of it, I'm jus sayin...

steveorton
07-27-2011, 02:07 PM
The day reign was stupid but it did push him to the main event scene and he is now a two time world champ. I like the heel turn but the way they went about it is more like a face, getting screwed out of title matches and then getting a rematch and having everyone against him makes it seem like a Rey Mysterio storyline but it doesn't matter he is now a main eventer and currently is and deserves to be the world champion.

Good point dude and he really does deserve it now, I'm jus sayin...

Ruthless_Aggression
07-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Well maybe the one positive about the 2day reign is that people are more behind Christian than ever.

Steve Austin
07-27-2011, 02:12 PM
Good point dude and he really does deserve it now, I'm jus sayin...

Yeah he does, he's my favourite wrestler aswell so it makes it even better :) Jericho said something about it a few months back when all Christian fans were going crazy on Twitter, it was like don't complain its gonna lead to better things or something like that, he was right. I'm glad the feud is with Orton aswell I've always liked him and they seem to have great chemistry.

AOF666
07-27-2011, 02:32 PM
It definetly worked out better for Christian.It showed Vince how many fans are behind Christian. Hope Christian wins at Summer Slam.

steveorton
07-27-2011, 02:35 PM
It definetly worked out better for Christian.It showed Vince how many fans are behind Christian. Hope Christian wins at Summer Slam.

I hope he wins too, Orton doesn't need the championship, I'm jus sayin...

ratedy2jayz
07-27-2011, 02:36 PM
I think Christian losing the title was one of those moments where people should've just sat back and watched the story develop and it turned out better for Christian. I think it's the same for people complaining Punk came back too soon. I just listened to a podcast where Punk said pretty much the same thing Jericho said about Christain; just sit back and see how it unfolds.

steveorton
07-27-2011, 02:43 PM
I think Christian losing the title was one of those moments where people should've just sat back and watched the story develop and it turned out better for Christian. I think it's the same for people complaining Punk came back too soon. I just listened to a podcast where Punk said pretty much the same thing Jericho said about Christain; just sit back and see how it unfolds.

Quoted for truth, I'm jus sayin...

Tay Moran
07-27-2011, 02:45 PM

Ageed^^^^^^

Siracul
07-27-2011, 02:51 PM
My issue with how it all went down is simple... the finish to their Money In The Bank match.
Sure I went on a rant when he lost, everyone agrees, a two day title reign is pretty much BS.
And Heel Christian in my view is twice as good as Face Christian if not more.
So as I said my two problems (added a new one, shoot me) are these :
1- It has been prolonged far too long, their feud has been for like 4 months, at first it was great but it got stale in my view.
2- The ending to their match at MiTB... enough said.

steveorton
07-27-2011, 02:56 PM
My issue with how it all went down is simple... the finish to their Money In The Bank match.
Sure I went on a rant when he lost, everyone agrees, a two day title reign is pretty much BS.
And Heel Christian in my view is twice as good as Face Christian if not more.
So as I said my two problems (added a new one, shoot me) are these :
1- It has been prolonged far too long, their feud has been for like 4 months, at first it was great but it got stale in my view.
2- The ending to their match at MiTB... enough said.

It's been a long time since there has been a long feud with great matches every time, I disagree I don't think this feud has become stale as yet. On the other note problem 2 Christian is heel I didn't mine him winning that way but as for Summerslam if they meet (Orton's rematch) Christan must win cleanly or something along that lines, I'm jus sayin...

jrsckilla23
07-27-2011, 02:58 PM
I've always liked Christian he has entertained us with Edge & Christian, His TLC Matches and Harcore Matches so he paid his dues to become a world champion but the thing is I don't like him turning Heel, is that he ain't the same as this Captain Charisma Christian let me give you an example......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw8htlBAsGc

Siracul
07-27-2011, 03:00 PM
It's been a long time since there has been a long feud with great matches every time, I disagree I don't think this feud has become stale as yet. On the other note problem 2 Christian is heel I didn't mine him winning that way but as for Summerslam if they meet (Orton's rematch) Christan must win cleanly or something along that lines, I'm jus sayin...

A heel that's been losing for lord knows how long.
Remember what everyone said when Miz was champion ?
He never won cleanly, he never showed he can do it on his own.
Even heels have to win some matches clean my friend and he's been losing to Orton for God knows how long I lost track.

Their matches are good but to me they're starting to get boring and their last match was really entertaining as I said in a blog not so long ago, the thing that ruined the match for me is simply the finish, that finish made me rate Mark Henry Vs. Big show as a better match than Orton Vs. Christian

steveorton
07-27-2011, 03:01 PM
I've always liked Christian he has entertained us with Edge & Christian, His TLC Matches and Harcore Matches so he paid his dues to become a world champion but the thing is I don't like him turning Heel, is that he ain't the same as this Captain Charisma Christian let me give you an example......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sw8htlBAsGc

He's a good face but I truly believe he is better as heel, look at Edge good as face better as heel, I'm jus sayin...

steveorton
07-27-2011, 03:07 PM
A heel that's been losing for lord knows how long.
Remember what everyone said when Miz was champion ?
He never won cleanly, he never showed he can do it on his own.
Even heels have to win some matches clean my friend and he's been losing to Orton for God knows how long I lost track.

Their matches are good but to me they're starting to get boring and their last match was really entertaining as I said in a blog not so long ago, the thing that ruined the match for me is simply the finish, that finish made me rate Mark Henry Vs. Big show as a better match than Orton Vs. Christian

I agree with Orton beating Christian too much times but I believe Orton will repay Christian by losing at SS cleanly and Christian will look even more credible as the WHC than when he first grabbed the brass ring. As for the boring part I like both guys and I'm glad to see them in a programme together so I am probably a little bias lol, I'm jus sayin...

Siracul
07-27-2011, 03:12 PM
I agree with Orton beating Christian too much times but I believe Orton will repay Christian by losing at SS cleanly and Christian will look even more credible as the WHC than when he first grabbed the brass ring. As for the boring part I like both guys and I'm glad to see them in a programme together so I am probably a little bias lol, I'm jus sayin...

I like both guys as well (Christian much more than Orton)
But Orton has just beaten him too many times, I hope Orton loses cleanly at SummerSlam but i highly doubt WWE would allow that therefore Christian would not look credible.
But then again I never expected Punk to win cleanly at MiTB, I truly hope WWE surprises me again and lets Orton lose cleanly, because Christian needs to look credible.

As for their matches, even two talented wrestlers if put together in a ring too many times, they become stale and boring.
If you want proof look no further than Dolph Ziggler & Kofi Kingston their matches have become the most boring matches ever due to the amount of times that we saw these matches in recent history, their only saving grace is that these boring matches are still better than Divas matches.

Y2J___Y2J
07-27-2011, 03:18 PM
Well one of them had to turn heel and Orton had turned face not too long ago..
Probably the right way, but I think Christian should of held the title until the next PPV and lost so it wouldn't be Orton beating the same no.1 contender for 2 or 3 PPV's.. He would have beat the champ then had the re-match etc..

steveorton
07-27-2011, 07:26 PM
Well one of them had to turn heel and Orton had turned face not too long ago..
Probably the right way, but I think Christian should of held the title until the next PPV and lost so it wouldn't be Orton beating the same no.1 contender for 2 or 3 PPV's.. He would have beat the champ then had the re-match etc..

^^^This is what they should have done, I'm jus sayin...