PDA

View Full Version : who were some bad wrestlers you liked anyways?

Murphdogg4
10-03-2010, 03:21 AM
By bad I mean they were not talented inside the ring aka not good workers. Some of mine are Lex Lugar, Sid Vicious, Goldberg, and Ultimate Warrior at one time. None of them were good hands and I liked them anyways.

Ruggy
10-03-2010, 04:59 AM
I suppose you have to stick Hogan in that list. Andre the Giant also.

Bodom
10-03-2010, 05:07 AM
Heeltista I liked. Even more than sucktista

shanethewolf
10-03-2010, 05:19 AM
I actually thought Sid was pretty good, both in the ring and cutting (heel) promos. He had a limited moveset I guess, but was still agile and versatile for his size. My jaw dropped when I first saw him kip up to his feet.

I've always hated Hogan, but was a big mark for Ultimate Warrior. He gets criticised a lot and people say he couldn't wrestle, but his Wrestlemania 7 match with Macho Man was a classic.

I really liked Weylon Mercy, Bastion Booger and Norman Smiley too.

Splattered-Dreams
10-03-2010, 05:48 AM
I'll throw Kevin Nash and Big Boss Man in there

Ruggy
10-03-2010, 06:39 AM
Akeem The African Dream
King-Kong Bundy

IrkenInvader
10-03-2010, 07:38 AM
Santino, John Cena, Triple H.

HaVoC
10-03-2010, 09:57 AM
Brooklyn Brawler, The Missing Link, Magnum TA, Paul Roma, Tom "Z-Man” Zenk

crazyj11
10-03-2010, 09:59 AM
The Godfather

Bodom
10-03-2010, 10:04 AM
The Godfather

Ho Train. FTW

cubco
10-03-2010, 10:49 AM
Santino. Khali.

Hornswoggle. - The worst. But I love him.

Freder
10-03-2010, 11:09 AM
Roddy Piper, Ultimate Warrior, Moondogs, and Andre later years. Andre actually could wrestle decently until about 1980.

DarkSide
10-03-2010, 11:43 AM
I actually liked Steve Blackman, Test, Ahmed Johnson, The Honky Tonk Man and of the current lot - Shad.

Necroyeti
10-03-2010, 12:07 PM
New Jack and The Sandman, and probably several other "garbage wrestlers" with little to no wrestling skill. They were just... cool, I guess.

merhardt03
10-03-2010, 01:16 PM
Planet Stasiak. That was an awesome gimmick. Dont forget Abe "Knuckeball" Schwarz. Aldo Montoya. Who could ever forget Mantaur. Lol

thatwrestlingfan
10-03-2010, 04:58 PM
Sabu and Chris Masters. Sabu is just insane. And Chris masters to be honest is underated

Belzova
10-03-2010, 05:02 PM
Stone Cold. I think he was awesome because he made up for it by using his incredible mic skills an ability to tell a story.

SilverGhost
10-03-2010, 05:32 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NedQJLXGTkE&feature=related

Stunner!!!

The Rock said oh shit xD

Bodom
10-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Incredible. Absolutely incredible

SilverGhost
10-03-2010, 06:08 PM
That part was funny! xD

Kashdinero
10-04-2010, 02:54 AM
Nathan jones, Sean o'hare, bob sapp, bobby lashley, shad gaspard, Mabel and akebono.... Big & useless but very likeable nonetheless.

eyehatecena
10-04-2010, 11:32 AM
I always thought Sid was a pretty good worker too. But the best worst? hmmm Andre...not great in the ring at all, but he made up for it with personality, and I really hated Steve Austin too, but I will say his promos and all made up for his wrestling- he was ok in the ring, but not great- but I will give him props.

crazyj11
10-04-2010, 03:07 PM
Nathan jones, Sean o'hare, bob sapp, bobby lashley, shad gaspard, Mabel and akebono.... Big & useless but very likeable nonetheless.

Sean O' Haire, really???? I suggest you watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udIdZOm1qv4

Kashdinero
10-05-2010, 05:03 AM

Yes. Really & thanks for vid but it's nothing I haven't seen out of him before.

For all his flash moves ( that I liked alot, which is why I put him on my list) and a cool look (that I liked alot, which is why I put him on my list ) he couldn't wrestle to save his life ( or his career).
Sean O'Hare makes rob van dam seem like a 1989 ric flair when it comes to actually wrestling or putting a match together.
Regarding the YouTube highlight reel of his finest moves and moments (which is cool for what it is) the first comment someone made about him is "he sucked". Plus I reckon a highlight reel of his worst moments could probably fill a blue ray disc (anytime he wasn't doing his flash moves).
Unfortunatly mr o'hare never quite got the hang of it, if he had maybe wwe would have eventually allowed him to use more of his bigger moves that he used in wcw's dying days (which for me was one of the few highlights left in wcw back then).
It's a shame because at a couple of points in his time in wwe I thought they were going to go with him, I guess they realised his shortcomings when it came to psychology, charisma and mic skills. He must have realised it too, which is why he quit the biz and ended up in mma where by all accounts he pretty much sucked at that too.
I hope that explains why I put him on a list of wrestlers that I liked but weren't/arent very good.
To be fair I did put him with a pretty bad bunch, but I like them all for different reasons (plus it was just a list off of the top of my head)

Here's a few more off the top of my head.
Mike awesome (RIP), Kevin Nash (but not diesel), public enemy (RIP), big daddy (RIP), giant haystacks (RIP), Virgil (check out his shoot interview) and more recently ELI COTTONWOOD ("moustache"), the great khali and chris masters..... Really!!!!!!

Freder
10-06-2010, 12:18 AM
props for mentioning Big Daddy and Giant Haystacks. I've never been to England, but I consider myself a fan of both (and yes they were bad) and even used both in a fantasy league. (Martin Ruane was even my GM at one point!)

DirtySteal
10-06-2010, 11:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NedQJLXGTkE&feature=related

That was amazing! haha! I'd love to have seen it from the cameras view. Two of the best, right there.

I'd have to say my fave "bad" wrestler was probably Batista in "YouCantBeatMe" Heel Mode, somthing about his entrance which made him awesome.

chaos75
10-06-2010, 07:14 PM
Cena, Shad, Hornswoggle

Hesterica
10-06-2010, 11:10 PM

Is it me or did Sean O Haire looked like a bit smaller version of Batista at 0:31 and 0:33?

TheDevilsAdvocate
10-07-2010, 04:47 AM
Sean O'haire shouldn't even be on this list. In his hay day he made todays main eventers look like amatuers. Sean O'haire vs. Kurt Angle would have been a great match to see.

Kashdinero
10-08-2010, 04:53 AM
Sean O'haire shouldn't even be on this list. In his hay day he made todays main eventers look like amatuers. Sean O'haire vs. Kurt Angle would have been a great match to see.

Sorry, but don't believe he ever actually had a hay day. If he wrestled kurt, then everyones favourite Olympic hero would have his work cut out if "they" were to have a great match.
I've never really seen a good (let alone great) singles match with Sean in to tell you the truth. If you know of any please let me know and I'll hunt it down on you tube.

stone cold bruiser brody
09-23-2012, 04:34 AM
Bad News Brown. The Powers of Pain, Hercules Hernandez, Ultimate Warrior, Scott Norton

eboy
09-23-2012, 05:11 AM
Scott Hall, Joey Abs, Pete Gas, The Basham Brothers (Or at least their gimmick was bad.) Rene Dupree, Chris Masters (Underrated Tho IMO.) Norman Smiley (His WCW stuff was hilarious) Disco inferno.

Sorry, but don't believe he ever actually had a hay day. If he wrestled kurt, then everyones favourite Olympic hero would have his work cut out if "they" were to have a great match.
I've never really seen a good (let alone great) singles match with Sean in to tell you the truth. If you know of any please let me know and I'll hunt it down on you tube.

I am with you on this Kash, I never really thought all that much of Sean O'Haire, sure he was a decent worker and deserves to be on this list, but whether he was as a good as people say is another matter, I couldn't have imagined him as WWE champion or having the ability to hold a top level match, and I too am unaware of any standout Sean O'Haire Match.

I actually liked Steve Blackman, Test, Ahmed Johnson, The Honky Tonk Man and of the current lot - Shad.

I think Test was a pretty sound worker wasn't he!? at least in my opinion, he stuff with Triple H in the late around the turn of the century was probably his best stuff, but I liked his 2003 program with Scott Steiner too. His ECW run was also passable, I'd say Test wasn't a bad wrestler, a little underrated. Steve Blackman I'd agree with he was always a favourite of mine, but looking back his focus on kicks and stuff was never going to make it in the wrestling business, still Shane O'Mac vs Steve Blackman at SummerSlam 2000 was pretty sick.

stone cold bruiser brody
09-29-2012, 05:30 AM
http://trialx.com/g/Red_Rooster-1.jpg

walkertexasranger
10-01-2012, 07:58 AM
The Berzerker
The Godwins
Ludvig Borga
Akeem
The Warlord
The Bushwackers
Koko B Ware

Tommy Thunder
10-01-2012, 08:06 AM
I liked Goldberg when I was watching WCW. Don't like him looking back though.
Sting was never an incredible wrestler, but I always liked him. Kevin Nash is another I like despite his lack of wrestling ability.

stone cold bruiser brody
10-13-2012, 09:12 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FZ1In-ogEKs/TwxWfbwakNI/AAAAAAAAAFA/hmdGW04WdvM/s1600/ScottyRiggs004.jpg

Robstar
10-13-2012, 09:20 PM
Who in holy hell is that?

stone cold bruiser brody
10-13-2012, 09:23 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-FZ1In-ogEKs/TwxWfbwakNI/AAAAAAAAAFA/hmdGW04WdvM/s1600/ScottyRiggs004.jpg

Who in holy hell is that?
Scotty Riggs! come on! you don't remember him? Tagged with buff bagwell in WCW

Robstar
10-13-2012, 09:29 PM
No, I didn't really watch WCW back then. I was a WWF loyalist. And if I had watched, I probably wouldn't have watched Bagwell! (but I do remember Riggs......but he needed Murtaugh!)

stone cold bruiser brody
10-13-2012, 09:59 PM
No, I didn't really watch WCW back then. I was a WWF loyalist. And if I had watched, I probably wouldn't have watched Bagwell! (but I do remember Riggs......but he needed Murtaugh!)
http://www.theshiznit.co.uk/media/Features/puns-lethalweapon.jpg

All American Perfection
10-22-2012, 01:28 PM
The Berzerker
The Godwins
Ludvig Borga
Akeem
The Warlord
The Bushwackers
Koko B Ware

Thank god someone finally mentioned The Warlord!!!!
old Big Boss Man pre attitude era in WWF

Murphdogg4
10-22-2012, 02:06 PM
Warlord! I marked for him to. Goldberg is another guy I loved at least at first. IWC fans are picky but to casual fans a gimmick like Goldberg or the Ultimiate warrior is always over.

All American Perfection
10-22-2012, 06:47 PM
Tugboat: when I was a kid. The oh decent move he had was his standing drop kick, and for a big man in an era where a body slam was a finishing move..... It was awesome,but he sucked really bad. I mean he can't even walk without falling lol

walkertexasranger
10-25-2012, 03:07 AM
Would like to add Crush & Repoman to the list

Darkside Ron Garvin
10-25-2012, 03:59 AM
Juvi, Super Calo - Two of my favorite Lucha wrestlers that had a botch reel that would take up three or four episodes of Botchamania. I always loved watching them go as fast as they could because there was a car wreck about to happen.

Lash La'Rou (spelling) - Don't know why, but he and "The Artist" always interested me in the CW division.

The Blue Meanie - Seriously, the guys work was horrid, but he made up for it with his comedy

Robocop - I mean seriously! He saved my all time hero growing up. lol

Koko B. Ware - Loved the bird and loved him with Owen, but the Birdman couldn't hack it without someone carrying him

Hacksaw Jim Duggan - HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! YOU - ESSS - SAY!!!!

One Man Gang - Guy was just intimidating looking

The Nasty Boys - I think they were horrible in the ring, but they made looking shitty look real and vicious.

PN News and Maxx Payne - Don't know why, just always interested me, even though they were no good in the ring.

Brian Lee - Thought if he would have stuck with the Biker gimmick "Chainz" he could have been something special... But then UT wanted to be Big Evil.

stone cold bruiser brody
10-28-2012, 03:46 AM
Juvi, Super Calo - Two of my favorite Lucha wrestlers that had a botch reel that would take up three or four episodes of Botchamania. I always loved watching them go as fast as they could because there was a car wreck about to happen.

Lash La'Rou (spelling) - Don't know why, but he and "The Artist" always interested me in the CW division.

The Blue Meanie - Seriously, the guys work was horrid, but he made up for it with his comedy

Robocop - I mean seriously! He saved my all time hero growing up. lol

Koko B. Ware - Loved the bird and loved him with Owen, but the Birdman couldn't hack it without someone carrying him

Hacksaw Jim Duggan - HOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! YOU - ESSS - SAY!!!!

One Man Gang - Guy was just intimidating looking

The Nasty Boys - I think they were horrible in the ring, but they made looking shitty look real and vicious.

PN News and Maxx Payne - Don't know why, just always interested me, even though they were no good in the ring.

Brian Lee - Thought if he would have stuck with the Biker gimmick "Chainz" he could have been something special... But then UT wanted to be Big Evil.
Yes! Yes! and Yes! to these. Although I gotta disagree with you on Koko. To me he was way more entertaining as a solo competitor, and held his own. Lash LeRoux was the man!

Dameduse823
10-28-2012, 01:15 PM
I'll say it, I like Khali. I know he's got next to no in ring skill and no mic skill but for some reason I've always been a fan

AWrestlingGod
10-28-2012, 06:05 PM
I'll say it, I like Khali. I know he's got next to no in ring skill and no mic skill but for some reason I've always been a fan

Thank god I thought I was the only one, I especially liked him when he started to destroy all the Raw Superstars in his rivalry with Cena.

AWrestlingGod
10-28-2012, 06:08 PM
Scott Hall- Hey Yo never gets old, plus his classics with Shawn Michaels.

X-Pac-I was the one who wanted him to stay when everyone wanted him to go away.

Shark Boy- Who doesn't like Sharkboy

Jack Swagger- Even with his speech impediment.

Hulk Hogan- I still mark out when he hulks up.

Sir Killalot
11-06-2012, 11:42 AM
Jim Powers
Gillberg
Justin Credible

Any gimmick Steve Lombardi was saddled with

11-06-2012, 05:25 PM
The Godfather, Goldberg, Sable, Cena, Big Show, Tori

Kashdinero
11-08-2012, 11:52 PM
Nathan Jones, Sean O'Hare (yes, TDA, I went there.. AGAIN!! hahaha ;) :)), Tugboat, Giant Gonzales, Stacy Keibler.

Robstar
11-09-2012, 02:37 AM
Warlord, Tatanka, One Man Gang, Abdullah The Butcher, Barbarian, Demolition, Barry O, Salvatore Bellomo, The Missing Link

Karsten Langenfeld
11-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Goldberg. Psycho Sid. I would also say Hogan, but you asked for the ones we like...and i hate Hogans guts.HHH

stone cold bruiser brody
11-20-2012, 08:29 PM
The Red Rooster(did I say that already?)
Dino Bravo
Don the Rock Muraco
Hercules Hernandez
Haku