PDA

View Full Version : Eric Young and the TV title

HCollins-TNA1
07-24-2011, 09:32 PM
I think Eric Young and his comedy matches is something else.... Plus that and having and defending the TV title any time....
Pinning D-Lo Brown and calling him Cee-Lo Green in a Mini Mart in Orlando is very funny....

68wPayne
07-24-2011, 09:38 PM
I think it's pretty funny but I think they could be having actual matches with the belt. I don't mind it I just wish there were real matches too

HCollins-TNA1
07-24-2011, 09:44 PM
I think they need to mix it up... maybe one week have him backstage or somewhere picking fights and then one week in the ring defending against someone....

THEKEVINBRAND
07-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Here's the video for those who missed it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWbUFqsDIS0&feature=channel_video_title

Mr.Will
07-24-2011, 09:59 PM
This sorta of reminds me of Hacksaw's janitor gimmick at the end of his final WCW run where he lost his mind (more so the usual) and found the TV title in the trash and started defending it.

tad locust
07-24-2011, 10:02 PM
They might as well rename it the TNA Harcore Title considering it's reminicent of the 24/7 rule and has no prestige.

TheHitmanPK
07-24-2011, 10:15 PM
Honestly this is the only thing I'm fine with TNA doing. It gives them a reason to put known "Faces" on tv only to get beaten by EY. Keep 'em coming.

zapphoman
07-24-2011, 11:32 PM
I have been enjoying what they have been doing with E.Y. It's funny but it is true it's lost most if not all of its prestige. He needs a good feud with it but that's hard to do with his comedy routine. I would say let him hold on to it for another month then have him drop to I don't know Matt Hardy or something.

Juvenile Junkie
07-25-2011, 01:56 AM
can they atleast give the second belt an official name,rather than just being 1 picked up in the trash...

Juvenile Junkie
07-25-2011, 01:58 AM
They might as well rename it the TNA Harcore Title considering it's reminicent of the 24/7 rule and has no prestige.

and in the past 3 years,what prestige has the US or IC titles had?Just 2 titles living o past glories and past prestige when they were held by talented wrestlers,involved in better storylines,better matches

eboy
07-25-2011, 03:40 AM
Bill the Catfish Johnson FTW HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

The Brown One
07-25-2011, 04:45 AM

I can't take him seriously. But it still beats anything with Hornswoggle.

jordan1995
07-25-2011, 05:33 AM
wooooo d lo brown on tv.......anyway i hope they continue to do this 24/7 like rule it would be fun

Y2Jryder
07-25-2011, 09:09 AM
Eric young is awesome!
I don't watch TNA anymore but i think he's great

VanHooliganX
07-25-2011, 09:40 AM

That was actually pretty funny lol
This could lead to some really funny situations actually :)

HeelTurn
07-25-2011, 09:56 AM
The TV title has been pointless since day one, but at least we get to see EY on tv, and hes been pretty damn entertaining to.

AOF666
07-25-2011, 10:37 AM
I can't take him seriously. But it still beats anything with Hornswoggle.

At least the tv title is gettting some tv time unlike before.

Magneatox
07-25-2011, 11:20 AM
The fact that the TV title has changed names 3 times since it's inception should tell you how meaningless that championship is. Next week, they'll probably change the name again.

Russo swerve
07-25-2011, 11:35 AM
I thought it was the global title no wait I thought it was the legends title im confused

helmsley
07-25-2011, 12:44 PM
i think its a waste of time and a waste of the title, they could make it the hardcore championship and still be defended 24/7 and in real hardcore matches, instead of just having goofy segments with young involved

p.d D-lo brown really gained weight!!!!

capn-edu
07-25-2011, 01:09 PM
Well when he founds a worthy contender he will loose the title
he might have a long title reign but no defends :/

Juvenile Junkie
07-26-2011, 02:27 AM
and in the past 3 years,what prestige has the US or IC titles had?Just 2 titles living o past glories and past prestige when they were held by talented wrestlers,involved in better storylines,better matches

sincara
07-26-2011, 02:50 AM
I think it's pretty funny but I think they could be having actual matches with the belt. I don't mind it I just wish there were real matches too

this^^^^^^^^

HCollins-TNA1
08-05-2011, 10:17 PM
His skits of him going to Hollywood is funny..... or get funnier by the week...
Also he got one Hell of of a Beard....

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 10:29 PM
His skits of him going to Hollywood is funny..... or get funnier by the week...
Also he got one Hell of of a Beard....

Its not funny to be honest. TNA is just taking the ONLY mid-card title TNA has and turning it into a joke. Its bad enough that their mid-card title went through name changes like TNA Legends title, to TNA Global title, now to TNA TV title but for EY to carry it and do nothing with it is completely a joke.

HCollins-TNA1
08-05-2011, 10:37 PM
He getting TV time.... it may not be funny to most..... But they keeping him active in a story-line and as a champion....
Young is one of the guys with TNA since day 1 and that's loyalty....
The title should be defended every week or featured someway or somehow even in skits....

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 10:41 PM
He getting TV time.... it may not be funny to most..... But they keeping him active in a story-line and as a champion....
Young is one of the guys with TNA since day 1 and that's loyalty....
The title should be defended every week or featured someway or somehow even in skits....

He has two belts. It makes no sense for TNA to give him the TV title and disgrace it when he has another title(the old TNA world title) that he can use to defend as his personal title.

HCollins-TNA1
08-05-2011, 10:45 PM
He has two belts. It makes no sense for TNA to give him the TV title and disgrace it when he has another title(the old TNA world title) that he can use to defend as his personal title.

Would you rather they leave him off TV and not use him or the title or titles???? I wouldn't I would build around him being TV champion...

WWTNA Mark
08-05-2011, 10:48 PM
Would you rather they leave him off TV and not use him or the title or titles???? I wouldn't I would build around him being TV champion...

Just have him lose the damn thing already! lol That TV title can be perfectly suitible for guys like Samoa Joe, Gunner, Bobby Rhoode, The Pope, Matt Morgan, Bully Ray, etc, instead of a comedic relief.

HCollins-TNA1
08-05-2011, 10:51 PM
Just have him lose the damn thing already! lol That TV title can be perfectly suitible for guys like Samoa Joe, Gunner, Bobby Rhoode, The Pope, Matt Morgan, Bully Ray, etc, instead of a comedic relief.

Hopefully they will.... Have that break Joe losing Streak or give it to some young guy like Gunner or Crimson... or even Bobby Roode or James Storm...

eboy
08-06-2011, 03:39 AM
EY is the Most Underated Wrestler in history

i am torn in the way that i'd love for him to have a Serious Main Event Push but then again Impact would be worse without his Comedy The TV Title has no Cred even when Styles held it they should introduce a US or International Championship for Guys like Gunner, Crimson, Ray Roode Storm

BW Morgan, Styles & Joe should be in the Main Event not RVD!!!