PDA

View Full Version : Samoa Joe: WWE or TNA?

WWTNA Mark
07-22-2011, 11:42 AM
From the main EWN boards:

Steve Austin is a big Samoa Joe fan, as he posted the following on his Twitter… "WWE should sign @SamoaJoe as soon as his TNA contract is up. One of my favorite workers in today's game. Needs a full green light push."

Nice to see Stone Cold a fan of Samoa Joe and his work. Even Stone Cold wants WWE to sign him. Clearly he sees talent in Joe and feels WWE should pick him up. I'm not a big fan of Joe going to WWE as Vince doesn't seem highly of him(as reported) but wouldn't be surprised to see him in WWE. IMO, Joe sould sign a new TNA contract.

So my question is where would you like to see Samoa Joe at? WWE or TNA? You decide! ;)

SilverGhost
07-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Ring of Honor sounds better.

Ruthless_Aggression
07-22-2011, 12:09 PM
Vince hates fatties, just look what he did with Husky Harris. But if he was signed at least he wouldn't be kidnapped by ninjas anymore.

NaterD4
07-22-2011, 12:13 PM
Ring of Honor would probably be better for Joe or perhaps Japan?

steveorton
07-22-2011, 12:13 PM
I think if WWE signs him, he will certainly have to lose weight, at present is just to fat to be in WWE, I feel this is why Tna is using him as a job, when I saw him at Destination X I couldn't believe how fat he was. This not to attack Joe I like the guy but to make it in WWE you have to have the look, I know jOE IS amazing but he has to loose weight or neither Tna nor WWE will take him serious, I'm jus sayin...

Goldust22
07-22-2011, 12:16 PM
TNA are wasting him and WWE would only see him as a midcarder. Its a shame to waste such a talent but this seems to be the case.

Hopefully though if Austin and HHH can pull a few strings he will maybe be something in WWE.

But he needs to be a main eventer.

ratedy2jayz
07-22-2011, 12:18 PM
Now that Stone Cold said that, either TNA will push him so he'll stay, or the WWE will pick him up and push him. When Stone Cold talks people usually listen. About 2 months ago he said CM Punk was underused... now look at him.

Markedoutforlife
07-22-2011, 12:19 PM
Koko b. Ware is in,the,hall of fame.
Rikishi was over like grover
Umaga was the main heel for like a year straight
Yokozuna... Nuff said
Mark henry is pushed time and time again

My point is,that vince is not an idiot. "fatties" arent completely written,off by, the "former" chairman.

WWTNA Mark
07-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Vince hates fatties, just look what he did with Husky Harris. But if he was signed at least he wouldn't be kidnapped by ninjas anymore.

True but I think TNA would be much better for Joe. I think the whole "Joe's losing streak" is a storyline they have planned to make him comeback from the losing streak and bring back the badass Samoa Joe from his undefeated days in TNA. Hes getting the CM Punk treatment which is making his underutilzed talent public and turning it into a storyline. At least, I hope TNA are aiming this as a storyline. ;)

Goldust22
07-22-2011, 12:30 PM
Yokozuna... Nuff said

My point is,that vince is not an idiot. "fatties" arent completely written,off by, the "former" chairman.

Mark Henry isnt fat though is he really. Big Daddy V is fat, Mark Henry is pure muscle.

But Umaga was about Samoa Joes build so i see where you are coming from BUT i think his wrestling family had more to do with why he was such a huge push.

And all of those you metioned apart form Mark Henry are either comedy characters ( Rikishi too cool) or monsters. Samoa Joe is neither he is just kick ass.

Oh and Koko B Ware is the most undeserved wrestler to be in the hall of fame just saying.

TheBeardOfZeus
07-22-2011, 12:39 PM
I think WWE could use him well, and have him as a mad badass tweener, like in TNA.

I'd like to see him at WWE, TNA is where he will probably stay, but if they don't push him, go to ROH or Japan.

AlexWorldOrder
07-22-2011, 12:45 PM
True but I think TNA would be much better for Joe. I think the whole "Joe's losing streak" is a storyline they have planned to make him comeback from the losing streak and bring back the badass Samoa Joe from his undefeated days in TNA. Hes getting the CM Punk treatment which is making his underutilzed talent public and turning it into a storyline. At least, I hope TNA are aiming this as a storyline. ;)

Right on the money.

blondeawesomeness
07-22-2011, 01:25 PM
From the main EWN boards:

Steve Austin is a big Samoa Joe fan, as he posted the following on his Twitter… "WWE should sign @SamoaJoe as soon as his TNA contract is up. One of my favorite workers in today's game. Needs a full green light push."

Nice to see Stone Cold a fan of Samoa Joe and his work. Even Stone Cold wants WWE to sign him. Clearly he sees talent in Joe and feels WWE should pick him up. I'm not a big fan of Joe going to WWE as Vince doesn't seem highly of him(as reported) but wouldn't be surprised to see him in WWE. IMO, Joe sould sign a new TNA contract.

So my question is where would you like to see Samoa Joe at? WWE or TNA? You decide! ;)

i'd rather see him back in ROH but if i had to choose between these two, I'd say WWE. TNA may be planning a push for him now with all these loses but still, I'd like to see him come to WWE and get a monster heel push. and if joe went to WWE then he would probably get this due to these things: legends like him (bret hart said he was him n kenny dykstra were his faves afew years ago and now stone cold is praisin him), and he is already friends with several current/former WWE stars (he is good friends with cm punk to name one, and RVD)

Juvenile Junkie
07-22-2011, 02:04 PM
Yokozuna... Nuff said

Mark Henry is pushed time and time again because one by one his pushes always fail or get somebody injured

Juvenile Junkie
07-22-2011, 02:06 PM

I think you hit the head right on the nail.Its gonna lead to a big winning streak,using the old "I hAve hit rock bottom,the only way is up" scenario

TNA 'The very best'
07-22-2011, 02:42 PM
I think hewould get buried more in WWE than he is now in TNA but i think he would be amazing for WWE if done right, i'm always putting 'if done right' doesn't that tell you something about WWE

68wPayne
07-22-2011, 02:48 PM
I would love to see him in WWE just cause he deserves to make the money that they would give him. If Stone Cold sees him as a hot commodity you can bet Triple H has picked up on it and at the very least I bet Trips is watching some of his work

Y2J___Y2J
07-22-2011, 02:55 PM
WWE for sure.. even if he doesn't last , at least he'll be able to make some major cash !

TheRockerGother
07-22-2011, 02:55 PM
TNA if not ROH theres to many superstars right now trying to get pushed Joe would get lost in the shuffle.He would most likely be on superstars most of the time.

TheRockerGother
07-22-2011, 02:56 PM
WWE for sure.. even if he doesn't last , at least he'll be able to make some major cash !
Money isn't everything just saying.

The_Awesome_One
07-22-2011, 03:03 PM
he would be buried within a year WWE has a habit of shitting on talent that is their own home grown stuff.

Murphdogg4
07-22-2011, 03:41 PM
[QUOTE=The_Awesome_One;187882]he would be buried within a year WWE has a habit of shitting on talent that is their own home grown stuff.[/QUOTE

To really become a star he may have to take the chance and go to the WWE. It would be a big gamble for him, though he's one of the best in ring performers around, and not bad on the mic he does not have the body WWE marks and powers like in a wrestler.

jethro
07-22-2011, 03:53 PM
Joe is different than other big guys,he is like Umaga but more agile and know how to wrestle + mma knowledge.I would love Joe to sign with WWE and eventually get a push from zero to title picture.

Currently I think TNA kinda misuse Joe,I don't know why TNA align Joe with Nash or Jarrett then.I just want to see Joe kicking ass like he did back in 2005.

jordan1995
07-22-2011, 04:01 PM
tbh i think joe would thrive in ROH ...dont think he would be used right in wwe ...hope tna remembers how talented he is sometime soon

HeelTurn
07-22-2011, 04:42 PM
WWE, out of the 2 choices anyway. TNA is burrying Joe, even if it is all a story to build him up. The guy gets dropped further down the card all the time, they build him up then 2 minutes later get bored and have him being kindnapped by hooded men, or wielding a machete, or becoming the MEM's bitch or something stupid.

Markedoutforlife
07-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Joe is different than other big guys,he is like Umaga but more agile and know how to wrestle + mma knowledge.I would love Joe to sign with WWE and eventually get a push from zero to title picture.

Currently I think TNA kinda misuse Joe,I don't know why TNA align Joe with Nash or Jarrett then.I just want to see Joe kicking ass like he did back in 2005.
Thats funny since the online concensus was that umaga was the wwe answer to samoa joe.

HCollins-TNA1
07-22-2011, 07:17 PM
It great Austin thinks that high of Joe..... But would Vince or Triple H????

If he would go to the WWE, they would send him to FCW for half of a year most likely... Then he would be stuck in the mid-card maybe even a crappy gimmick.....
His best bet is to stay in TNA or if he ever does leave go back to ROH or PWG or NWA.....