PDA

View Full Version : Austin Aries: X Division star or Main event player

WWTNA Mark
07-21-2011, 08:02 PM
I was watching Austin Aries' ROH work and I have to say, he should really be billed as a main eventer in TNA. The guy has the look, could talk on the mic, and there is no question as to being a great wrestler. He has the "IT" factor. His matches with Jerry Lynn and of course, Daniel Bryan were awesome. I'm not saying that TNA should shoot him up to the main event scene just yet but he would be great as a main eventer IMO. I know TNA is trying to push the X- Division as hard as they can but I just don't see Aries as an X-Division wrestler to be honest.

So I ask this question to you guys, should Austin Aries be an X-Division star and help build the X-Division or should Aries be treated as a main player on the TNA roster?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EZjuKV7x8M4

YOUcanCALLmeCRACK
07-21-2011, 08:13 PM
X-Division for now. He can always move up later like Joe/AJ/Daniels did. Hopefully he will be used correctly.

Russo swerve
07-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Nah he will b stop being used by december

World B. Free
07-21-2011, 09:05 PM
X-Division for now. He can always move up later like Joe/AJ/Daniels did. Hopefully he will be used correctly.

^^^agree^^^

WWTNA Mark
07-21-2011, 09:21 PM

That's a good point but I have a feeling he'll be stuck in the X-Division scene which isn't a bad thing but I don't think the X-Division is his style. He can fair well against wrestlers like Kurt Angle, Gunner, Styles, and Anderson in the main event scene.

Tay Moran
07-21-2011, 09:42 PM
I think hes going to be a main eventer in TNA, if not then their worse at elevating talent than WWE

WWTNA Mark
07-21-2011, 10:14 PM
I think hes going to be a main eventer in TNA, if not then their worse at elevating talent than WWE

Agreed, he will eventually be a main eventer some day in TNA. I'm not saying he should just jump straight to the main event scene but wrestling heavy-hitters like AJ Styles, Anderson, and Angle would be a way to place him as the real deal, sorta like what they did with Desmond Wolfe and what they are doing with Gunner. Aries already is the total package and he is main event talent to me. I really son't see him as an X-Division star and I fear he'll stay in that division.

K2Jelly
07-21-2011, 10:17 PM
There's no way IMPACT will drop the ball on this guy, not with the way he's been recieved so far by the IMPACT fans. No need to rush. Let him stay in the X-Division for now at least until they can get back on their feet again.

WWTNA Mark
07-21-2011, 10:23 PM
There's no way IMPACT will drop the ball on this guy, not with the way he's been recieved so far by the IMPACT fans. No need to rush. Let him stay in the X-Division for now at least until they can get back on their feet again.

I totally get what your saying but I just don't see him as an X-Division star. I'd like to see him compete for the TV title(when was that title even defended?) or even take on main event players just to see if he can hang with the best of em which I know he can.

zapphoman
07-21-2011, 11:50 PM
I am really looking forward to what they do with Austin Aeries. I think he should hang out in the X-division for a little while, become a more established name than what he already is, have a couple of memorable matches(looks like they are building Shelly and Aeries for Hardcore Justice), then throw him into the main event scene. Personally a match I would love to see is a 4 way (not 4 corners) match between him, AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, and Samoa Joe.

TwoTone
07-22-2011, 12:16 AM
A Double can do whatever he goddamn well pleases. He is the greatest man who ever lived

sincara
07-22-2011, 03:06 AM

this ^^^^^^^^^

LMPunker
07-22-2011, 03:38 AM
he could do both in my opinion but then again generation me could of have been another top tag team and they barely used them and with sabin out they could have the machine guns spot with alex shelly going single

derrrr01
07-22-2011, 03:47 AM
either or.

monctonvike
07-22-2011, 06:01 AM
the sky is the limit for him but he will need some of a build

steveorton
07-22-2011, 06:56 AM
I believe he belongs in the X-division, for some reason I can't see him pass that, I'm jus sayin...

Markedoutforlife
07-22-2011, 08:23 AM
Double a can be great. X division needs a shot in the arm, not a one nighter like ecw. Lets keep the x division strong. Dont you remember when joe, aj, and daniels were in,the main event? The x division almost died right,then. But lets not say that aj and the other two were the only,reason. (hulk n freinds)

S.E. Zero
07-24-2011, 12:19 PM
He's a great fit for the X Division right now, should TNA refocus the main event scene around guys like Joe, Styles, etc. then yes Aries is definitely main event material till then I will enjoy watching him make the X Division exciting again.