PDA

View Full Version : Ric Flair Desperate for Money?

el gabo
07-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Just reading the about Ric Flair selling some of his wrestling stuff, it's really really sad to see someone have to sell the most prestigious title on all of wrestling for a few quick bucks. Plus a tank top for $25. I really think he has officially hit rock bottom. :( Here's the link to the site.

http://ricflair.com/shop/catalog/

HeelTurn
07-21-2011, 11:28 AM
Wow, that is bad. Flair one of the greatest of all time, reduced to this.

LMPunker
07-21-2011, 11:32 AM
and i bet he wont pay for the phone call either but seriously this should be a lesson not only to wrestlers of today but people in general

capn-edu
07-21-2011, 11:33 AM
DAYUM! He is selling his titles for money?
Wow this guy is really trying to keep getting money since TNA might not want him now
As you said he has hit rock bottom and its sad, for being the legend he was
well TNA at-least kicked some cargo out of the ship

LEADER OF THE PACK
07-21-2011, 11:46 AM
This sadly doesn't suprise me, he should have retired when he said he would and he'd still be living off the wwe payroll. But it looks like his love for wrestling has been his downfall.

SilverGhost
07-21-2011, 11:46 AM
He could have been a manager in the WWE. Or a trainer....

Tommy Thunder
07-21-2011, 12:10 PM
I'm telling you guys, he should never have gone to TNA. He should still be with WWE under a legends contract.
I'm still hoping that he'll go back to WWE.

CobraNightviper
07-21-2011, 12:21 PM
I agree he should go back to WWE and try to get on the legends band wagon this is as bad as that finance company he had a few years ago that went under.

Iron Ape
07-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Just reading the about Ric Flair selling some of his wrestling stuff, it's really really sad to see someone have to sell the most prestigious title on all of wrestling for a few quick bucks. Plus a tank top for $25. I really think he has officially hit rock bottom. :( Here's the link to the site.

http://ricflair.com/shop/catalog/
Um, they're custom-made reproductions (that take 20 weeks to complete). The guy isn't actually selling one of his own titles. This is all very clearly explained on his site.

Markedoutforlife
07-21-2011, 01:20 PM
Um, they're custom-made reproductions (that take 20 weeks to complete). The guy isn't actually selling one of his own titles. This is all very clearly explained on his site.

Ahhh clarity.... Thread is now pointless.

imswm
07-21-2011, 03:55 PM
I'm telling you guys, he should never have gone to TNA. He should still be with WWE under a legends contract.
I'm still hoping that he'll go back to WWE.

You don't really think the WWE offered him more money than TNA, do you? If that were the case--and they had a spot for him--he never would have left the WWE fold. The guy has been living on the financial edge for years, even when making the big money, and just can't seem to stop spending more than he's making. He nearly went to jail over money, what, last month, was it?

HCollins-TNA1
07-21-2011, 04:00 PM
You guys forgetting Flair left WWE due to the Legends deal he was in..... Flair wasn't happy where he wasn't being used in autograph signings and such in the WWE.... So I can see him wanting to make some extra money.... Hell who doesn't like more money when they can make it????

helmsley
07-21-2011, 04:04 PM
i think he is doing business, good for him, but i also hope he retires and that he stays away from tv for a while

maar13
07-21-2011, 05:30 PM
You don't really think the WWE offered him more money than TNA, do you? If that were the case--and they had a spot for him--he never would have left the WWE fold. The guy has been living on the financial edge for years, even when making the big money, and just can't seem to stop spending more than he's making. He nearly went to jail over money, what, last month, was it?

Nope, the WWE give him a good contract, the thing was that he did want to wrestle again, asked both HBK and McMahon and both told him "Go for it". The main issue is that the angle to retire him was not his idea, he in reality never wanted to retire in the first place.

The thing that called him from TNA was the opportunity to wrestle again but money wise, sorry man but even on a legends contract he was probably making more mone y in WWE, TNA payed him on apperance, WWE format is different.

WWTNA Mark
07-21-2011, 05:32 PM
The thing that called him from TNA was the opportunity to wrestle again but money wise, sorry man but even on a legends contract he was probably making more mone y in WWE, TNA payed him on apperance, WWE format is different.

And how do you know this?

maar13
07-21-2011, 05:57 PM
And how do you know this?

ON the Wrestling side because Flair said it himself during a lot of interviews.

On the contract side it has been posted and people under the WWe legends contracts have done interviews about the format of it, they receive and small percentage when their name is used, they are paid for promoting and autograph sessions, they are paid a pecentage if they are on the video games, etc.

While youy can say he may have gotten a better deal per appearance from TNA, they pay for apperance and that is well documented by interviews of former and current employees. Like the guys at Gen ME said "If you don't appear, you don't make money" so if he is not doing tours or house shows, he is not making as much as he could while on the other at least you recievwe a small percentage of something.

Again, this is all assuming, like you read on my previous post, that is where the phrase "Probably making more" enters.

Now if you have real data and want to counter my assumptions, please do, no sarcasm or anything, just asking if you have more data.

WWTNA Mark
07-21-2011, 05:59 PM
ON the Wrestling side because Flair said it himself during a lot of interviews.

On the contract side it has been posted and people under the WWe legends contracts have done interviews about the format of it, they receive and small percentage when their name is used, they are paid for promoting and autograph sessions, they are paid a pecentage if they are on the video games, etc.

While youy can say he may have gotten a better deal per appearance from TNA, they pay for apperance and that is well documented by interviews of former and current employees. Like the guys at Gen ME said "If you don't appear, you don't make money" so if he is not doing tours or house shows, he is not making as much as he could while on the other at least you recievwe a small percentage of something.

Again, this is all assuming, like you read on my previous post, that is where the phrase "Probably making more" enters.

Now if you have real data and want to counter my assumptions, please do, no sarcasm or anything, just asking if you have more data.

Whoa, just wanted to know where you got your information from. Didn't have to write a blog on me. lol Seriously though, I didn't mean to call you out on your post but just wanted to know where you got this from so that I can read a little more into the Ric Flair-WWE deal. Never knew he didn't want to retire. I always thought it was because of the money which made him come out of retirement but that's me assuming.

maar13
07-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Whoa, just wanted to know where you got your information from. Didn't have to write a blog on me. lol

Sorry, my bad, lol.

Damn I write a lot!

Iron Ape
07-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Damn I write a lot!
It's sort of a shame that more people here don't focus on quality of post instead of brevity. Keep on doing what you do.

WWTNA Mark
07-21-2011, 06:44 PM
It's sort of a shame that more people here don't focus on quality of post instead of brevity. Keep on doing what you do.

I'm guessing i'm one of those people?

Iron Ape
07-21-2011, 06:55 PM
I'm guessing i'm one of those people?
That wasn't really directed at anyone in particular, but rather a general statement to anyone and everyone that discourages time and effort being put into valuable discussion.

WWTNA Mark
07-21-2011, 07:01 PM
That wasn't really directed at anyone in particular, but rather a general statement to anyone and everyone that discourages time and effort being put into valuable discussion.

Ah, I see what you mean now. That is true.

HCollins-TNA1
07-21-2011, 08:59 PM
I guess Ape was directing this to me???? Always the critic never the one to take the blame are some of we.....

Iron Ape
07-21-2011, 09:02 PM
I guess Ape was directing this to me???? Always the critic never the one to take the blame are some of we.....
That comment had absolutely nothing to do with you, and I'm sort of puzzled as to how you connected those particular dots.

HCollins-TNA1
07-21-2011, 09:08 PM
That comment had absolutely nothing to do with you, and I'm sort of puzzled as to how you connected those particular dots.

I know how you like to pick on whom you think is weaker.... Just thought that was possible, but if not sorry for drawing that conclusion...

As for me and you and our differences I'm willing to put everything we had said in the past to the side... and we agree to disagree and vice viscera if that okay with you???

Iron Ape
07-21-2011, 09:17 PM
I know how you like to pick on whom you think is weaker.... Just thought that was possible, but if not sorry for drawing that conclusion...
Dude, I was encouraging someone to not feel bad for writing lengthy posts. How you misinterpreted that as some kind of shot at you is WAY beyond me.

THE_CRIPPLER
07-22-2011, 12:14 AM
Flair didnt have a Legends contract.... he had a Contract as a corprate Figure in the company and was considered a Good Will Ambassador... so he had a little more than a legends contract and they also kept him around for merchendising and special TV appreances.... From what i heard in a few interviews from Keven Nash is that he had a contract for "500k" per year.

He left WWE cause Indy promotions were offering him 10k and some 15k per appearance to just promote and sign autographs..... Flair asked WWE to let him also run indy shows when he had days off they refused. plus he was being offered 50k plus merch deal at highsposts for a shoot interview.

What Flair didnt realize is once the interest of the retirement angle ran out, indy promotions were not gonna pay him 15k to run shows no more.... so he wasnt making the money he thought, he burned his bridge with WWE so he went to TNA.

HCollins-TNA1
07-22-2011, 12:27 AM
Dude, I was encouraging someone to not feel bad for writing lengthy posts. How you misinterpreted that as some kind of shot at you is WAY beyond me.

I just know how you are towards me sometimes... that aside now...
Like I said why don't we put our past issues to past and try to get along and understand each other.... We don't have to agree or disagree with each other... but at least try to get along...

maar13
07-22-2011, 01:12 AM

Thanks for that, will continue then.

Flair didnt have a Legends contract.... he had a Contract as a corprate Figure in the company and was considered a Good Will Ambassador... so he had a little more than a legends contract and they also kept him around for merchendising and special TV appreances.... From what i heard in a few interviews from Keven Nash is that he had a contract for "500k" per year.

He left WWE cause Indy promotions were offering him 10k and some 15k per appearance to just promote and sign autographs..... Flair asked WWE to let him also run indy shows when he had days off they refused. plus he was being offered 50k plus merch deal at highsposts for a shoot interview.

What Flair didnt realize is once the interest of the retirement angle ran out, indy promotions were not gonna pay him 15k to run shows no more.... so he wasnt making the money he thought, he burned his bridge with WWE so he went to TNA.

Wow then in fact it was a very good contract, I know 10k and 15k are very tempting but when you have 500k a year by not going out that much, I think that the decision was a mistake.

But then again think about Flair, he did what seemed better for him, too bad it got out like that but since I think HHH is a good friend of his or has plenty of acquaintances in WWE probably at some point will be back if not as what you said at least like a legend with the occasional appearance because lets face it, it is Ric Flair and people love when he appears on TV to love him or to love to hate him.