PDA

View Full Version : Georges St-Pierre Vs Anderson Silva.

Northernwolf
08-14-2010, 01:53 AM
After seeing Anderson Silva (27-4) fight against Chael Sonnen (24-11) at UFC 117 and watching him get completely controlled on the ground for 4 and a half rounds and knowing what Georges St-Pierre (20-2) can do to people with his ground game would Silva even have a chance against GSP?

Would GSP be able to finish the fight with Anderson or suffer the same fate as Sonnen?

But there is also the question would St-Pierre be able to handle Anderson's stand up?

St-Pierre is pretty good on his feet but not even close to what Anderson can do.

We did see Chael Sonnen dominate on the stand up against Anderson but we also have to remember that Anderson had a rib injury going into that fight.

Did it effect his performance? Imo I think it did greatly but who knows.

So the question is who would win and how?

You know it's going to happen, maybe not soon but it will.

Cast your vote at the top and leave your comment/prediction.

I predict Winner: GSP via Sub 3rd round.

moppy
08-14-2010, 02:35 AM
Anderson has already said that he won't move down in weight class and GSP likely won't move up. It would be a hell of a fight to be sure. Two of the best in MMA duking it out. It's a shame that MMA fans won't be able to see it (?).

Northernwolf
08-14-2010, 02:49 AM
You never know in MMA anything can happen.

Lets just cross our fingers and hope it happens.

klebyano
08-14-2010, 02:18 PM
I am Brazilian but I think that GSP won that fight.

RatkingV1
08-14-2010, 06:45 PM
GSP vs Silva wld be a great fight.. But it wld be no contest GSP wld take him by decision bc he wld dominate Silva.. Silva is a good fighter but no match for GSP!!

IrkenInvader
12-16-2011, 12:49 AM
GSP all the way.

VanHooliganX
12-16-2011, 06:08 AM
GSP but I think it would be a tough fight for him.

Wade Barrett 1979
12-16-2011, 06:43 AM
You're all wrong! Silva! :p

Dr. Death
12-16-2011, 01:57 PM
Anderson Silva - KO - Round 2 - Because GSP while good on the ground cannot let his guard down as he so frequently does in his stand up game. Silva should be able to wear down the takedown storm of GSP while at the same time letting GSP wear himself down in Round 1, thus creating openings in GSP's stand up in Round 2. Silva should be able to capitalize on these openings and land his shots frequently and accurately. I don't think GSP has the chin to weather this type of striking power or storm Silva can deliver.

Itsrealdamnit
01-08-2012, 07:24 PM
There is a reason why GSP has no interests in moving to 185. Silva would box him up and have him tapping to strikes again a la Serra.

Chael Sonnen is a juiced up pig. UFC is a bush league promotion which allows doping. In a real organization like PRIDE Silva was defeated by cans.

Dr. Death
01-08-2012, 07:42 PM
I love watching Pride fights as well, but the UFC is the dominate promotion now and are really starting to crack down on substance abuse. Strikeforce is another MMA promotion I watch, even though the UFC bought them out.

Automatic
01-09-2012, 11:18 AM
There is a reason why GSP has no interests in moving to 185. Silva would box him up and have him tapping to strikes again a la Serra.

Chael Sonnen is a juiced up pig. UFC is a bush league promotion which allows doping. In a real organization like PRIDE Silva was defeated by cans.

LOLOLOL, you don't know what you are talking about. I know UFC drug testing is bad, it's way worse than the WWE drug testing, which gets a lot of bashing already, but PRIDE had NO drug testing at all. So if you don't know what you are talking about, please don't, because it makes you look stupid.

Rich Cranium
01-09-2012, 03:44 PM
I think GSP has the wrestling upperhand but I think Silva is a defensive master and you never know when one of the front kicks will come straight for your face. Silva wins.

Itsrealdamnit
01-09-2012, 05:39 PM
LOLOLOL, you don't know what you are talking about. I know UFC drug testing is bad, it's way worse than the WWE drug testing, which gets a lot of bashing already, but PRIDE had NO drug testing at all. So if you don't know what you are talking about, please don't, because it makes you look stupid.

You're a fucking idiot. I never implied PRIDE had a drug testing policy. Coleman and other AmeriCANS were juiced to the gills. I merely called Sonnen a juiced up AmeriCAN pig because he is and segue to a statement that SILVA was raped in PRIDE by CANS. Learn to read.

Goodbye Eugene say hi to Uncle Eric for me.

Itsrealdamnit
01-09-2012, 05:44 PM
I love watching Pride fights as well, but the UFC is the dominate promotion now and are really starting to crack down on substance abuse. Strikeforce is another MMA promotion I watch, even though the UFC bought them out.

Well its not up to the promotions and I was being facetious with my post. It's actually up to the state athletic commission and certain state don't test at all. Though having the ability to use HGH via prescription leaves a bad taste. No professional sports allows such policy and shouldn't. It just makes the sport bush league imo.

Kenny_Penfold
01-09-2012, 06:18 PM
I've got to say that I think GSP just doesn't have that (can I say hunger?) to finish fights. I don't know if Silva would knock him out but GSP would look silly in there with him. I think GSP is very good but he's not in Silva's class I'm afraid. He'd probably look to submit GSP just to prove a point. I'd fancy he'd front kick him then trap him in an armbar and Joe Rogan would go mental. :cool:

Automatic
01-10-2012, 06:26 AM
You're a fucking idiot. I never implied PRIDE had a drug testing policy. Coleman and other AmeriCANS were juiced to the gills. I merely called Sonnen a juiced up AmeriCAN pig because he is and segue to a statement that SILVA was raped in PRIDE by CANS. Learn to read.

Goodbye Eugene say hi to Uncle Eric for me.

Too bad you are banned, cause that was a nice load of bullshit.

Subject Zero
01-10-2012, 06:08 PM
Damn gotta be the hardest MMA question of all time.

I would have to give it to Anderson Silva as the guy can take a massive beating and still win it from outta now where.

Im not a Silva fan but i have to hand it to him i do think that in his own weight class the guy is near unbeatable.

Itsrealdamnit
01-16-2012, 07:48 AM
Too bad you are banned, cause that was a nice load of bullshit.

LOL.

Coleman - Known juicer
Sonnen- Suspended for HGH
Silva- raped by Chonan and Takase (Chonan and Takase both dominated Silva)

How is this bullshit when all these events occurred?

Automatic
01-16-2012, 10:10 AM
LOL.

Coleman - Known juicer
Sonnen- Suspended for HGH
Silva- raped by Chonan and Takase (Chonan and Takase both dominated Silva)

How is this bullshit when all these events occurred?

The only reason you know those guys juiced is because UFC/SAC tested them. In Pride there was no testing, so everybody could've been juiced up to the max then. Which is very likely, considering people are still getting busted, while there is a testing system.
What is so shocking that Silva lost 2 fights?

second_city_sinner
01-17-2012, 10:25 PM
you only had to look at the old american gorillas in pride to tell they were juicers and drug testing in mma has come on strong in the last 2-3 years. but i think americans in general in every sport they are the ones juicing and it goes unpunished. anyway i think silva wins this fight if george stands he gets knocked out if he takes silva to the ground he gets tapped triangle from guard but in a dream finish gsp taps to a gogoplata since i havent seen one for years :D