PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles speaks the truth

HCollins-TNA1
07-19-2011, 12:16 AM
AJ Styles was recently interviewed by the UK's Daily Star newspaper.
He one thing I found interesting he said... and agree 100%...

On online critics:

Sure it pisses me off. Unless you work here you don’t know. Lots of people sit on their butt watching it on TV and write about it bec*ause they can’t be involved. They’re full of it because they can’t do what we do. What have they done in wrestling? They write negative stuff because they WISH they were involved.

ihearvoices
07-19-2011, 12:48 AM

On online critics:

Sure it pisses me off. Unless you work here you don’t know. Lots of people sit on their butt watching it on TV and write about it bec*ause they can’t be involved. They’re full of it because they can’t do what we do. What have they done in wrestling? They write negative stuff because they WISH they were involved.

50% of the time its truth and the other 50% of the time people was or still true fans of tna and are just upset about what it has become

Juvenile Junkie
07-19-2011, 01:02 AM
Aj styles is arguebly the best wrestler of his generation,very few have his in-ring abilities

Tomsta666
07-19-2011, 01:09 AM
I agree AJ Styles is top drawer, but tbh if you're in the public eye. Sports entertainment or otherwise, you're gonna have armchair critics. And comments like that is just inviting critisism.

AlexWorldOrder
07-19-2011, 01:32 AM
I agree AJ Styles is top drawer, but tbh if you're in the public eye. Sports entertainment or otherwise, you're gonna have armchair critics. And comments like that is just inviting critisism.

I agree with you on that, but there is a difference between criticism, and spewing garbage. I think that's what AJ means, and Eric Bischoff tried to explain, but got thrown into the lions, only because he referred to the IWC, and some of the IWC decided to simply not try to understand his point, and jump to the conclusion of "OH HE'S OFFENDING ALL OF US!!!!!". People rather believe EVERYTHING they read about TNA, and only question what they read about WWE.

HCollins-TNA1
07-19-2011, 02:25 AM
It just like people saying CM Punk to TNA.... No one knows but CM Punk and those who is in charge of TNA if they pursue him....
People want to down TNA, but they have no clue what TNA has or don't......

I have said this once tonight sit back and enjoy the product... talk about it if you want to, but sit back and enjoy the product.....

sincara
07-19-2011, 04:46 AM
Aj styles is arguebly the best wrestler of his generation,very few have his in-ring abilities

cm punk says hello

samoan619
07-19-2011, 05:24 AM

On online critics:

AJ Styles came off kind of idiotic with those comments.. People write their opinions down, negative or positive, its still an opinion.. You cant say anyone is wrong or right with opinion, you can only disagree.. What have they done in wrestling?? Well they are the viewers that watch the tv show, the ppv buyers, the toy collector, the one with tna posters on their wall, they are the reason why he gets paid.. I've never heard of a business where they say the consumer is wrong.. We're just mad because we can't do what they do lololol.. I was so happy after Destination X and then now we have this SMH..

Rassling_Fan
07-19-2011, 06:13 AM
People rather believe EVERYTHING they read about TNA, and only question what they read about WWE.

Because most articles about TNA is about their poor treatement of talent and backed up with sources from former TNA talent (like Daffney who is suing them) while most WWE articles are about specific talents and story lines like "Sin Cara is suspended and may not return". If there were positive articles about TNA like their own "pay for their talent's rehab" program or something similar like that than they would probably get a much better light.

AlexWorldOrder
07-19-2011, 08:31 AM
You wanna talk about treatement of talent?? Are you aware of half the shit Vince has gotten away with? The only reason why they're pushing their welness policy now, Is because they are still under state investigation, and Richard Blumenthal Is keeping an eye on them. Daffney's situation is no different than a WWE employee. They are all independent contractors, except Vince doesn't do anything to extreme or even allows them to wrestle because he's afraid to lose a valueable toy with am injury. Vince has enough money to cover his shit, and TNA don't. Don't tell me you also think that Vince paying for any former talents rehab is done out of his heart.

Rassling_Fan
07-19-2011, 09:00 AM
You wanna talk about treatement of talent?? Are you aware of half the shit Vince has gotten away with?
I'm on the internet. Of course I do.

The only reason why they're pushing their welness policy now, Is because they are still under state investigation, and Richard Blumenthal Is keeping an eye on them. Daffney's situation is no different than a WWE employee.
Except no one is suing them for Worker's Comp. And even with the tons of negative former WWE employees have said (like a good number of Mr. Anderson's bits), not paying for injuries is never mentioned.

They are all independent contractors, except Vince doesn't do anything to extreme or even allows them to wrestle because he's afraid to lose a valueable toy with am injury.
So he does care.

Vince has enough money to cover his shit, and TNA don't.
Panda Energy International (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panda_Energy_International) owns TNA. Panda Energy International has more money than the WWE, possibly 10 times more. They have the money.

Don't tell me you also think that Vince paying for any former talents rehab is done out of his heart.
If by heart you mean good press, than yes. TNA needs to do more things for good press to stop these hate articles.

monctonvike
07-19-2011, 10:31 AM
cm punk says hello

didn't want to say this, but kurt angle says hi ( he has to have an honorable mention at very least)

monctonvike
07-19-2011, 10:35 AM
panda energy needs to run its self its not cheap running a power company - they throw tna some scraps here and there - just because a company its worth billions doesn't mean its all at there disposal

el gabo
07-19-2011, 11:10 AM
AJ Styles came off kind of idiotic with those comments.. People write their opinions down, negative or positive, its still an opinion.. You cant say anyone is wrong or right with opinion, you can only disagree.. What have they done in wrestling?? Well they are the viewers that watch the tv show, the ppv buyers, the toy collector, the one with tna posters on their wall, they are the reason why he gets paid.. I've never heard of a business where they say the consumer is wrong.. We're just mad because we can't do what they do lololol.. I was so happy after Destination X and then now we have this SMH..

True. There are smart things to say and then there's this. A casual fan might get turned off by this and stop watching. AJ is as dumb as rocks. He shows it with his mic skills and now with this.

Rassling_Fan
07-19-2011, 11:37 AM
panda energy needs to run its self its not cheap running a power company - they throw tna some scraps here and there - just because a company its worth billions doesn't mean its all at there disposal

One of their Energy Facilities are worth the same as WWE's entire company. Not to mention Dixie is in charge and is a experienced business woman. She convinced her father to buy TNA in the first place, I'm pretty sure she could convince them in investing more money into the company if she tried (or cared).

Kashdinero
07-19-2011, 03:11 PM
AJ Styles is a company man of John Cena proportions. Of course he is going to defend TNA.

Now, had Samoa Joe been in the same interview, I bet his oppinion would be a lot more... Honest.

HCollins-TNA1
07-19-2011, 03:18 PM
Yeah kinda agree..... AJ the face of TNA has been for the past 9 years and 2 months...
AJ is to TNA as to what Cena is to WWE as to what what HBK was to the WWE or what Sting was to WCW.....

But there will always be ones who don't get used correctly who will disagree with the product... Such as CM Punk, or Samoa Joe, or even the Hardys and so on...

HCollins-TNA1
07-19-2011, 03:22 PM

AJ has a right to voice his opinion.. I mean he is the face of the company.... He works their and knows what goes on for the most part...
We all have opinions and can say this and that about the TNA or the WWE or ROH or elsewhere..... But sometimes our opinions don't matter... But then again sure they do to a point....

Murphdogg4
07-19-2011, 05:19 PM
part of this has got to be frustration for him that TNA nomatter who they have signed or pushed has not been able to change their ratings or buy rates much. And the IWC in general is way more critical of TNA then they are of the WWE. Not that TNA and Russo most of all doesn't give the IWC plenty of fuel t feed that fire.

THE_CRIPPLER
07-20-2011, 01:28 AM

On online critics:

AJ Styles seems like a decent guy, but in this interview he sounds like a pure idiot.... So if AJ Styles sees a movie and is disappointed and thinks it didnt live up to expectations that he is bitter cause he cant be in the movie bussiness? and he shouldnt say anything unless he is in the movie bussiness........ So other wise we should think Everything TNA does is great cause we are not in the Wrestling bussiness?.... so everything TNA, WWE, and ROH does is perfect and we cant critque unless we get wrestling training and a few matches under are belt?...... its a stupid thing to say.

THE_CRIPPLER
07-20-2011, 01:40 AM
AJ Styles is a company man of John Cena proportions. Of course he is going to defend TNA.

Now, had Samoa Joe been in the same interview, I bet his oppinion would be a lot more... Honest.

John Cena is a company man, and he gets much more backlash than AJ ever will and you know what he usually says.... You think I suck? thats cool you dont have to watch me..... Cena Never says "Well you think i suck and i cant wrestle cause your jealouse of me". nahh thats dumb..... and if someone was attacking AJ personally and his wrestling skills, I can see him saying "Well they cant do what i do and put the matches on i can, if they can, then they can tell me i suck" but he is talking about people not happy with the TNA product and not liking some of the dumb things they do.... which is dumb..... its a show, there will be dissappointed people, people who hate it and people who love it..... AJ is just got that Eric Bishoff way of thinking.

HCollins-TNA1
07-20-2011, 08:59 PM
AJ Styles seems like a decent guy, but in this interview he sounds like a pure idiot.... So if AJ Styles sees a movie and is disappointed and thinks it didnt live up to expectations that he is bitter cause he cant be in the movie bussiness? and he shouldnt say anything unless he is in the movie bussiness........ So other wise we should think Everything TNA does is great cause we are not in the Wrestling bussiness?.... so everything TNA, WWE, and ROH does is perfect and we cant critque unless we get wrestling training and a few matches under are belt?...... its a stupid thing to say.

I can't disagree with AJ, cause he works in TNA has since day one..... He has right to say what he thinks and knows..
Although I shouldn't disagree..... Like I just said in another thread, it that 15 minutes of fame or so in the media spotlight, be newspaper, TV interview, tell all book, or etc...

HCollins-TNA1
07-20-2011, 09:00 PM
John Cena is a company man, and he gets much more backlash than AJ ever will and you know what he usually says.... You think I suck? thats cool you dont have to watch me..... Cena Never says "Well you think i suck and i cant wrestle cause your jealouse of me". nahh thats dumb..... and if someone was attacking AJ personally and his wrestling skills, I can see him saying "Well they cant do what i do and put the matches on i can, if they can, then they can tell me i suck" but he is talking about people not happy with the TNA product and not liking some of the dumb things they do.... which is dumb..... its a show, there will be dissappointed people, people who hate it and people who love it..... AJ is just got that Eric Bishoff way of thinking.

All people got that way of thinking when it comes to the media......